EY

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Average Difficulty
102 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Like all Big 4 firms, you start off with an on-campus interview and then if you are selected for round 2, you'll go to the office that you want to spend your internship. The first interview was just going through my resume, talking about the different experiences I had, and so on. Mostly behavioral style of questions. The second interview was basically a conversation. They wanted to make sure I was able to hold a conversation with someone (future client). Not too bad really.

Interview Question – What is the one thing in life that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I applied through the university, and went through about four interviews. One on campus, then three back to back interviews at the office. No one it interrogative - they want to know about you. They ask general questions, most of which you can find online but they like hearing experiences and examples.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2008.

Interview Details – Applied through University of Glasgow.

Interview Question – What makes us different from the other members of the Big Four Accounting Firms   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

Interview Details – campus career service center-online application-first interview

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – All my communications with EY were efficient and personal, always got a phonecall as well as an email. There was an online application form followed by online tests. One to One strengths interview followed by an assessment centre if you are successful. All staff seemed friendly and helpful.

Interview Question – Is there anything which has not already been mentioned which you would like to tell me?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Asked me to walk through my resume, then some behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Give an example of a difficult person that you had to deal with.   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Before proceeding to the first interview, I had to complete personality and capacity tests. The recruiter sent me the links and I had 5 working days to complete them both. The personality test was straight forward and the most important thing was to be honest and as a result consistent. Questions repeat themselves in different ways.

Now, before you complete the capacity test they provide you with 4 questions to practice. The problem with that is that the answers for these example questions are pretty easy and the difficulty is very low. When you start the test you realize that the questions are much more difficult and time is running...so, the example questions are misleading, since you expect similar/slightly higher level of questions.

Interview Question – Take the 4 example questions and take into consideration that each question will use 6-7 characters instead of 1-2 that you practiced with   Answer Question

Interview Details – Very laid back and friendly

Interview Question – the interview was a very typical behavioral one.   Answer Question

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – I met and talked with the recruiters on campus during the career fair. After meeting their requirement (3.2 GPA), I registered for an on campus interview in 2 weeks time. About the day or two before the interviews, the company bring you to a get together event where they present the company and you get to do some team building activities with your fellow candidates. Next is the on campus interview, followed by the on site interview if you pass.

Interview Question – Nothing complicated, just some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – The hiring was not by the company rather we were alloted the company as a part of our internship process of the college. So according to our preference we were alloted Ernst and Young as our internship company. This process was done looking at our college CGPA and our profile.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!