EY

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.8

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Saw them giving out information at a stand in my school so I went up to talk to them. The campus recruiter told me to come to office hours and during office hours I learnt about an internship oppurtunity. I applied and got invited for an office interview in their Washington D.C office in Mclean, VA office. The whole process was less than two months but it took me about a week to hear back.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time where you had to get something done that you didn't really want to do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

Applied through school, had an on campus interview and was asked to go to the office for second round. Second round interview was with a manager and a partner and at the end of the interviews, the greeter took us out to eat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Started by applying through campus job website. Was selected for an on campus interview. Interviewed with a manager, very relaxed, went over resume. Very conversational, asked about teamwork and leadership, but also just talked about career path and studies in general. Heard back about 2 and a half weeks after on campus interview, inviting me to an office visit or "superday". That day I was given a welcome presentation, which was followed by 2 interviews back to back, and then was taken out to a lunch. "Superday" experience was fantastic, made very comfortable, and everyone was very welcoming. Interviews were similar to on-campus, focused less on specific questions. Went over resume but they were more focused on what my career aspirations were, why EY, why accounting. Again very conversational, they liked to talk about how they got to EY and their careers. Got a call less than an hour after the interview offering me a position. Written offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked on a team that had members that were difficult to work with.
      Talk about your leadership positions at school.
      Why Accounting? Why EY? Why Audit?

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

I interview on campus for an intern position. The interview was very laid back, no tricky questions or anything like that. I was pretty much just asked to walk through my resume and was given the chances to ask question

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume and do you have any questions for me   Answer Question
    I was emailed with an opportunity for a second interview, which is the office visit

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Applied through university recruiting. Process took about 2 weeks. 2 back to back interviews. One 30 minute behavioral, one 30 minute case. Heard back in about a week. Interview was on campus.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in May 2012.

First it was a phone interview. It was pretty standard personal-fit. Who are you? Why do you want this? Why should we choose you? (Not does exact question but you get the point).

Then it was a numerical reasoning test online. Not that hard. A lot of graphs, some easy calculations. I can not remember if calculator was permitted.

Then there was 2 rounds of interviews. 15 minutes of personal fit, 30 minute of case-solving. Standard business case. When the time was up you changed interviewer with the person in the room next door and you did the presentation for a different consultant.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer questioned a certain step in my calculations for several minutes, even though it was correct. I do not know if this was an act or if she just did not understand (It was a very neat use of fractions for calculating the expected values and percentages.) I was however able to keep it cool when she kept on question it and then explain so she could understand. I think it in the end worked to my advantage.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Applied through on campus recruitment. The process at my school was very selective and only 4 students were chosen to interview for the Audit internship.Went through only first round but the greeter and interviewer were really nice.The greeter was a newly hired associate and she was very nice in helping the interviewees calm their fears before the interview. The interview was pretty good too.its just going through your resume and identifying why you make a good candidate. The trick to interviewing for the big 4's is to highlight all your strengths as much as possible even if they don't explicitly ask.I failed to do this and even though my interviewer and I had similar interests I failed to identify my strengths.I got an email 2 days after telling me they won't be moving on with me but I emailed my interviewer asking for tips to help me better my interview and I ended up getting an internship at another big 4

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Had an on-campus interview for the internship and received a call about two weeks later for an in-office interview day. The night before, EY invited all of the interviewees out for dinner at a nice restaurant, where we sat with people from our prospective departments. The day of, they served us breakfast in-office, gave us a tour, provided a panel of associates in the department, and we each had three interviews, followed by a lunch and a closing presentation from the Office Manager. Got a final response several weeks later. The interviews were all very conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions

Other internship offer was closer to home

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in September 2014.

Attended an on-campus career fair and gave my resume to an associate at the EY booth. Got notified of an on-campus interview acceptance. Interviewed with a Senior Associate and all questions were behavioral. Interviewer was really friendly and easy to talk to. Interview lasted a little over 30 mins and had time to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were a leader and had a team member that was slacking, how did you deal with this team member   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview with two Senior Managers simultaneously for an internship in Valuation. Questions on forecasting commodity prices and growth rates for a mature firm. Calculating FCFF and FCFE, levered and unlevered Beta. Valuation methodologies. Which one brings higher/lower results.

Some backgroung questions, motivation and plans in five years. Couple of easy arithmetics questions.

Interview Questions
    • How can we be sure that you don't leave us soon to join an investment bank.   Answer Question