EY

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.8

138 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

Submitted online, interviewed in 1.5 weeks. There was a pre-interview networking event where you get to meet your interviewer and other students who are interviewing with the same job. Freely ask about company culture, experiences, advices etc.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

. submit online, it take few weeks to process, then get the call to confirm the interview schedule. it is a group interview, 2 manager there ask question. the whole process take 1 and half hour

Intern Interview

I went through a resume screen, a behavioral interview on campus, and then three interviews at the EY superday. I was admitted to and attended EY Emerging Leaders externship program, and then I heard back about the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was fairly routine, brush up on general case interview techniques and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

The first one on one interview is self explanatory... basic questions.

The second interview I was called in for was very confusing and didn't make much sense. You bounced around to 2 different offices with senior or manager level workers who are auditors that are never in the office and barely had time to talk to you. They showed little interest which made me confused on how they choose who gets the job. I still do not even know if I will get the position for the internship yet....

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Saw them giving out information at a stand in my school so I went up to talk to them. The campus recruiter told me to come to office hours and during office hours I learnt about an internship oppurtunity. I applied and got invited for an office interview in their Washington D.C office in Mclean, VA office. The whole process was less than two months but it took me about a week to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to get something done that you didn't really want to do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Applied through school, had an on campus interview and was asked to go to the office for second round. Second round interview was with a manager and a partner and at the end of the interviews, the greeter took us out to eat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Started by applying through campus job website. Was selected for an on campus interview. Interviewed with a manager, very relaxed, went over resume. Very conversational, asked about teamwork and leadership, but also just talked about career path and studies in general. Heard back about 2 and a half weeks after on campus interview, inviting me to an office visit or "superday". That day I was given a welcome presentation, which was followed by 2 interviews back to back, and then was taken out to a lunch. "Superday" experience was fantastic, made very comfortable, and everyone was very welcoming. Interviews were similar to on-campus, focused less on specific questions. Went over resume but they were more focused on what my career aspirations were, why EY, why accounting. Again very conversational, they liked to talk about how they got to EY and their careers. Got a call less than an hour after the interview offering me a position. Written offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked on a team that had members that were difficult to work with.
      Talk about your leadership positions at school.
      Why Accounting? Why EY? Why Audit?

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

I interview on campus for an intern position. The interview was very laid back, no tricky questions or anything like that. I was pretty much just asked to walk through my resume and was given the chances to ask question

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume and do you have any questions for me   Answer Question
    I was emailed with an opportunity for a second interview, which is the office visit

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Applied through university recruiting. Process took about 2 weeks. 2 back to back interviews. One 30 minute behavioral, one 30 minute case. Heard back in about a week. Interview was on campus.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in May 2012.

First it was a phone interview. It was pretty standard personal-fit. Who are you? Why do you want this? Why should we choose you? (Not does exact question but you get the point).

Then it was a numerical reasoning test online. Not that hard. A lot of graphs, some easy calculations. I can not remember if calculator was permitted.

Then there was 2 rounds of interviews. 15 minutes of personal fit, 30 minute of case-solving. Standard business case. When the time was up you changed interviewer with the person in the room next door and you did the presentation for a different consultant.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer questioned a certain step in my calculations for several minutes, even though it was correct. I do not know if this was an act or if she just did not understand (It was a very neat use of fractions for calculating the expected values and percentages.) I was however able to keep it cool when she kept on question it and then explain so she could understand. I think it in the end worked to my advantage.   Answer Question