EY Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

During the first round of interviews, I talked to a partner and he was surprisingly very friendly and not intimidating. Most of his questions were based on the details listed on my resume, so make sure you know your resume well! He only asked one behavioral question.

During my second round of interviews, I met with 3 different partners and most of their questions were behavioral. They had already heard a lot of details about me from my first interviewer, so don't repeat yourself word for word to keep them interested.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to solve a problem in a group setting.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Gainesville, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Recruited on campus and was offered an interview for Emerging Leaders Program. Attended a pre-interview social the night before. Nice dinner and very casual. Overall a pleasant interview experience. I felt no time pressure, and interviewer genuinely seemed interested in getting to know me. I walked the interviewer through my resume, talked about my interests, and answered the few behavioral questions(she didn't even want to ask them but was required).

Interview Questions

• A few behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when... Besides that it was mostly conversational getting to know you   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Entretien RH + Senior consultant + Partner

Très rapide, personnes compétentes et courtois, respect des deadlines et de leur promesse.
    Un beau challenge si vous souhaitez entrer dans une Big Four et savoir à quoi vous attendre niveau des questions/réponses à donner.

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi devenir consultant ? Pourquoi EY ? Pourquoi vous ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial interview at school, second interview at office. Both interviews were 1:1 and were completely behavioral based. For this level, no accounting questions were asked. During the second interview we were given a tour of the office and taken to lunch. Almost everybody invited to a second interview gets an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a leadership position you once had?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

On-line application, initial interview, then assessment centre coupled with a partner interview. Strengths based. Questions were flexible, highly recommend researching strength based interviews. Overall enjoyable experience. Assessment centre was challenging but not daunting, staff kept environment relaxed. Offer feedback is almost immediate which is certainly an advantage. Would recommend applying.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (Sydney (South Africa)) in April 2013.

Interview

I found that the process was very well structured. The recruiter I had was very helpful and explained everything very clearly to me. The interviewers made me feel very relaxed and comfortable which helped ease my nerves. They were very down to earth and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on my university campus first. Two interviews, half hour each. Not too difficult, not really any tricky questions in this stage. Mostly just trying to get to know you and your resume. Then I interviewed at the office (New York), again 2 interviews. Since I was interviewing for an advisory internship one of these interviews was a case study and the other was behavioral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Campus Interview - the usual company questions, not an easy going conversation, interviewer was very blunt and to the point, did not try to make conversation, went through resume and cover letter to answer questions. overall rough process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview. The First was on campus. The other was in office. It was all behavioral questions. They are looking to see if you will be a good fit for the company. They do not expect you to have any real accounting skills. They asked about some past experiences and times when you have worked in groups.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in group where you had an issue with one of the other group members?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in January 2012.

Interview

the interview process was very lean. I forwarded my CV to an employee I had met at a campus recruiting event. Altogether I had a telephone interview, followed by two interviews. Questions were rather both technical and motivational. However nothing out of the ordinary, i.e. accounting questions and valuation

Interview Questions

• heavy focus on accounting, financials statements analysis, valuation techniques, how to value financial services firms, vs industrial companies   Answer Question