EY Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (South Africa)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in April 2013.

I found that the process was very well structured. The recruiter I had was very helpful and explained everything very clearly to me. The interviewers made me feel very relaxed and comfortable which helped ease my nerves. They were very down to earth and friendly.

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interviewed on my university campus first. Two interviews, half hour each. Not too difficult, not really any tricky questions in this stage. Mostly just trying to get to know you and your resume. Then I interviewed at the office (New York), again 2 interviews. Since I was interviewing for an advisory internship one of these interviews was a case study and the other was behavioral.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Campus Interview - the usual company questions, not an easy going conversation, interviewer was very blunt and to the point, did not try to make conversation, went through resume and cover letter to answer questions. overall rough process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

There were two rounds of interview. The First was on campus. The other was in office. It was all behavioral questions. They are looking to see if you will be a good fit for the company. They do not expect you to have any real accounting skills. They asked about some past experiences and times when you have worked in groups.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked in group where you had an issue with one of the other group members?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2012.

the interview process was very lean. I forwarded my CV to an employee I had met at a campus recruiting event. Altogether I had a telephone interview, followed by two interviews. Questions were rather both technical and motivational. However nothing out of the ordinary, i.e. accounting questions and valuation

Interview Questions
    • heavy focus on accounting, financials statements analysis, valuation techniques, how to value financial services firms, vs industrial companies   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Assurance intern in Milan:
    First step - screening cv
    second step - group assessment in which specific capabilities were not requested.
    third step- hr interview
    fourth step - manager interview
    fifth step - partner interview

The interviewer were very kind and wanted to take me in the best position to did best i could.
    The process took about tre weeks. It was a really good experience for future interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Manager interview- Audit significance, how to put in a balance sheet a credit and how to devalue it in case of unrecoverability.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2015.

Brief, standard, and quite honestly unfair. I walked into the interview and it felt as if the position I was applying for was filled from the second I sat down. Interviewer seemed tired and uninterested. His comments were fairly derogatory of my achievements and it lasted for about a maximum of 15 minutes.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I interviewed for a summer intern position with the ITRA group. Before the interview, there was an online writing assessment which basically tested applicants logical thinking and reasoning. I didn't finish the essay, but I still got into the first-round interview.

The first-round interview was just a typical on-campus interview, in which most questions are behavioral questions. However, there were still some "surprises".

After passing the first-round, EY invited the candidates for an office interview, in which a candidate would have interviews with three managers. One of the interview is a case interview, for which a candidate would be given 15 minutes to read a 3 to 4-page case, and then discussed the case with the interviewer. The other two interviews are mainly about the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation in which you have to use your imagination to solve the problem.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in December 2013.

sent the application through website. and got reply on the second week.The interview was pretty much straightforward. The Hr is friendly and helpful. More on describing yourself and future development plan.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2015.

Phone interview, invited to final round in NYC headquarters for two back-to-back, one-on-one interviews. Interviewers were very friendly and not too intense of a process. Heard back a week later through email.