EY

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Second round of interviews was between a senior associate, manager, and partner. Most questions between associate and manager were behavioral. interview with partner was very laid back. After interviewing, I had to wait about two weeks before I got a rejection.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Had an on-campus interview for the internship and received a call about two weeks later for an in-office interview day. The night before, EY invited all of the interviewees out for dinner at a nice restaurant, where we sat with people from our prospective departments. The day of, they served us breakfast in-office, gave us a tour, provided a panel of associates in the department, and we each had three interviews, followed by a lunch and a closing presentation from the Office Manager. Got a final response several weeks later. The interviews were all very conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions

Other internship offer was closer to home

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Started by applying through campus job website. Was selected for an on campus interview. Interviewed with a manager, very relaxed, went over resume. Very conversational, asked about teamwork and leadership, but also just talked about career path and studies in general. Heard back about 2 and a half weeks after on campus interview, inviting me to an office visit or "superday". That day I was given a welcome presentation, which was followed by 2 interviews back to back, and then was taken out to a lunch. "Superday" experience was fantastic, made very comfortable, and everyone was very welcoming. Interviews were similar to on-campus, focused less on specific questions. Went over resume but they were more focused on what my career aspirations were, why EY, why accounting. Again very conversational, they liked to talk about how they got to EY and their careers. Got a call less than an hour after the interview offering me a position. Written offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked on a team that had members that were difficult to work with.
      Talk about your leadership positions at school.
      Why Accounting? Why EY? Why Audit?

View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Saw them giving out information at a stand in my school so I went up to talk to them. The campus recruiter told me to come to office hours and during office hours I learnt about an internship oppurtunity. I applied and got invited for an office interview in their Washington D.C office in Mclean, VA office. The whole process was less than two months but it took me about a week to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to get something done that you didn't really want to do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Applied online through my school. From there had a behaviorial interview. Which had standard questions on things such as leadership, and team environments. From there there was an office visit with a few more behaviorual interviews. Great expereince overall.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

On Campus Interview - Behavioral in nature; Online Written Assessment for Writing Skills about a generic topic; In Office Interview - 2 Behavioral Interviews with Partners; and Case Study Interview where case was presented and a short time was given to get familiarized ;

Interview Questions
    • Business Case regarding risks of Bank A acquiring Bank B; SWOT Analysis; Risks of acquisition; Synergies of acquisition   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

I interviewed on campus for the technology advisor program(TAP). The on campus interview was behavioral, with questions focusing on some past skills/experiences from my resume and about teamwork, as well as strengths and weaknesses. I was notified 2.5 weeks later that I had been accepted to the second round "Megaday" at the NYC office, which consists of 2 interviews and a case study. Most of the time spent in the interviews were spent by me asking questions to the interviewer. Make sure you have plenty prepared and show a genuine interest in EY and the program. The interviews questions focused mostly on the skills that I could bring to the table, as well as more behavioral questions. The case study was challenging(theoretical based, not mathematical), but they definitely help guide you through it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to trick you, everything was fairly straightforward.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

I interview on campus for an intern position. The interview was very laid back, no tricky questions or anything like that. I was pretty much just asked to walk through my resume and was given the chances to ask question

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume and do you have any questions for me   Answer Question
    I was emailed with an opportunity for a second interview, which is the office visit

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in September 2014.

Attended an on-campus career fair and gave my resume to an associate at the EY booth. Got notified of an on-campus interview acceptance. Interviewed with a Senior Associate and all questions were behavioral. Interviewer was really friendly and easy to talk to. Interview lasted a little over 30 mins and had time to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were a leader and had a team member that was slacking, how did you deal with this team member   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2014.

I went to career event hosted by my university. I spoke to someone about my interest in EY. I got an email the same night to schedule an interview the next day. I brought my resume and transcripts as requested. It was a very basic interview. I was told that I would hear back in about a week for in office interviews.