EY Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through school, had an on campus interview and was asked to go to the office for second round. Second round interview was with a manager and a partner and at the end of the interviews, the greeter took us out to eat.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruitment. The process at my school was very selective and only 4 students were chosen to interview for the Audit internship.Went through only first round but the greeter and interviewer were really nice.The greeter was a newly hired associate and she was very nice in helping the interviewees calm their fears before the interview. The interview was pretty good too.its just going through your resume and identifying why you make a good candidate. The trick to interviewing for the big 4's is to highlight all your strengths as much as possible even if they don't explicitly ask.I failed to do this and even though my interviewer and I had similar interests I failed to identify my strengths.I got an email 2 days after telling me they won't be moving on with me but I emailed my interviewer asking for tips to help me better my interview and I ended up getting an internship at another big 4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting. Process took about 2 weeks. 2 back to back interviews. One 30 minute behavioral, one 30 minute case. Heard back in about a week. Interview was on campus.

Intern Interview

Interview

Second round of interviews was between a senior associate, manager, and partner. Most questions between associate and manager were behavioral. interview with partner was very laid back. After interviewing, I had to wait about two weeks before I got a rejection.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview for the internship and received a call about two weeks later for an in-office interview day. The night before, EY invited all of the interviewees out for dinner at a nice restaurant, where we sat with people from our prospective departments. The day of, they served us breakfast in-office, gave us a tour, provided a panel of associates in the department, and we each had three interviews, followed by a lunch and a closing presentation from the Office Manager. Got a final response several weeks later. The interviews were all very conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions

Other internship offer was closer to home

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY in November 2014.

Interview

Saw them giving out information at a stand in my school so I went up to talk to them. The campus recruiter told me to come to office hours and during office hours I learnt about an internship oppurtunity. I applied and got invited for an office interview in their Washington D.C office in Mclean, VA office. The whole process was less than two months but it took me about a week to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had to get something done that you didn't really want to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Started by applying through campus job website. Was selected for an on campus interview. Interviewed with a manager, very relaxed, went over resume. Very conversational, asked about teamwork and leadership, but also just talked about career path and studies in general. Heard back about 2 and a half weeks after on campus interview, inviting me to an office visit or "superday". That day I was given a welcome presentation, which was followed by 2 interviews back to back, and then was taken out to a lunch. "Superday" experience was fantastic, made very comfortable, and everyone was very welcoming. Interviews were similar to on-campus, focused less on specific questions. Went over resume but they were more focused on what my career aspirations were, why EY, why accounting. Again very conversational, they liked to talk about how they got to EY and their careers. Got a call less than an hour after the interview offering me a position. Written offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked on a team that had members that were difficult to work with. Talk about your leadership positions at school. Why Accounting? Why EY? Why Audit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview went smoothly. Emailed within a week saying I had an office interview. Had a dinner and stayed at the hotel the night before the office visit. Met with a manager and senior manager at the office visit. Received an offer within a week!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a adverse work situation and how did you overcome. (Not word by word)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

it was first an on-campus interview at my school where it was 1 on 1 with a manager. more behavioral than anything. then was called in about two weeks later for an on-site interview with a senior manager and a partner. was notified about two weeks after that

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online through my school. From there had a behaviorial interview. Which had standard questions on things such as leadership, and team environments. From there there was an office visit with a few more behaviorual interviews. Great expereince overall.