EY

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.8

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

I had a Telephone Interview which was a combination of technical and behavioral question. Then an onsite interview. First round was a written round that had database, coding, design related questions. After that 3 rounds of behavioral interview with senior management.

Interview Questions
  • It was straight forward interview if you have practiced enough from a technical perspective.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

EY made the hiring and interview process very enjoyable! After submitting my resume, I was flown to their city, placed in a very nice hotel overnight, and interviewed the next day. I had 3 individual interviews with 3 different employees for half an hour each, and then taken to lunch with two other employees. All the interviewers were nice and welcoming - they did not try to intimidate me, but instead tried their best to make me feel relaxed and comfortable. This friendliness really helped me feel less nervous and perform well in the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were placed in on a project/ assignment that you did not know how to approach. What did you do? What were the results?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Called me two weeks before, simply asking me what am I applying for. Then about to visit the Houston Office.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Like all Big 4 firms, you start off with an on-campus interview and then if you are selected for round 2, you'll go to the office that you want to spend your internship. The first interview was just going through my resume, talking about the different experiences I had, and so on. Mostly behavioral style of questions. The second interview was basically a conversation. They wanted to make sure I was able to hold a conversation with someone (future client). Not too bad really.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing in life that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in February 2014.

Applied through school job board. Had on-campus interviews and was later invited to several socials. Was invited to an office visit and received offer that day, with offer letter coming about a week later. At the office visit, I had about three interviews which were mostly conversational with no tough questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I applied tax intern though school's job website and then to be chosen to attend first round campus interview. Before the interview, we had a pre-night networking event with staff from ey, including your interviewers. So be well prepared and talk to as many people as you can during it. For the first round interview, one of the tax director interviewed me. It was all about behavior questions. Not going through resume. It was more likely a small conversation about hobbies,families and cultures. Then I was invited to site interview. I met with a manager and partner, each for 30 minutes. The manager asks more about resume while the partner merely "chatted" with me with casual topics.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Had several phone 1-1 interviews, all of them very conversational and easy going. Really made me feel comfortable and that EY would be a good place to work. Also conveyed to me that they were very serious about getting the job done, but at the same time there was a good work environment in place. interviewed for the PI practice within advisory, and all the questions were very fit and behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of when you had a lot of work to get done? How did you handle the situation? How do handle those situations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

fairly simple, on campus interview followed by second round interview in new york

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

The first thing they do is a campus interview, then if you make it to the second interview, they will have you visit the actual office and be interviewed. I really did enjoy the interview process because it helped e further understand the office and its culture.

Interns don't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

Went through the school career website and eventually got through till the super day at the NY office for Technology Advisory. Interview was more evaluation based than a conversation. The case study was very vague but they give you hints to assist you. I suggest you be very well prepared as they can really dig deep into your resume.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain this algorithm to a 5 year old?
      Time you had to deal with a difficult person?

Answer Question