EY

2.8

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

Applied through college website. Then, you will be notified about a week after the deadline whether you got a first round interview or not. If they like you and feel you are EY material, you will be invited to a second round, in-house interview. After this, you will either be offered the internship or not. The process takes about 3 months if you go through the whole thing.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly Behavior Questions, none stood out. Mostly went through resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

campus career service center-online application-first interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interviewed on a Friday on campus and received a call the following Thursday that I got super day. Went to super day a week later on Friday. Got a call that Tuesday that I received the position. Deadline to respond was in 2 weeks. Got it extended to 4 weeks and eventually decided to accept the offer last minute.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was about 2 different banks, one online and the other retail, that were going to merge and how they can help eachother out given that the retail bank is going through some legal issues after the 2008 crisis. the online bank has no atms and the retail bank has no iphone apps/proper website banking system. Only 30 minutes to read case study, take notes, and answer interviewer's questions. It was fairly easy since we had such a short time to talk and I spent 10/15 minutes reading the case study and another 5 discussing my resume.   View Answer
    No negotiation for internship offer. got the offer a few days later and given 2 weeks to respond. got deadline extended to 4 weeks. pay was 5160 a month but it comes to 29.77/hr which is one of the highest I have heard for tech advisory. higher than deloitte tech and pwc tech.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

Applied online through my university and received an interview on campus. I was then asked to go the the New York office for 3 interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case). Everyone was very nice in interviews and they did not seem intent on trying to trick me. While in the NYC office, they really try to make sure that you have a good experience. A partner that I interviewed with even gave me a call to congratulate me on my offer. The campus recruiter was also very responsive and attentive to any questions.

Interview Questions
    • None specifically. The questions were behavioral and related to my resume. The case interview was very basic.   Answer Question
    For interns, EY only allows you to negotiate how long you have to accept the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Applied through the school career services website. Was given a chance to interview with a partner on campus, this was more of a behavioral interview but from this very careful to gain perspective on the professional culture of the company. The Interviewer seemed to like this and was also very open and honest in sharing their experiences at the company, both good and bad.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions seemed to be one that asked of conflict in a group environment and what was done to resolve said issue. Carefully choosing verbiage that did not show bias in conflict and thinking on the spot for it seemed to be the most difficult, but it was not too bad as I had already prepped for questions such as the one mentioned.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Asked me to walk through my resume, then some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a difficult person that you had to deal with.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in September 2013.

On campus interviews first. Usually 3 then bring you into the office for 3 more interviews then you get a call back if you got the position or not. Not to hard just be personable. Make sure to be prepared and to ask questions. Make sure its not just them talking the whole time. Keep your grades up and make sure you follow up after the interview with a thank you letter.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were behavioral and just find something in common with the person interviewing you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation your an intern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in September 2013.

Had just behavioral questions. People were friendly. Overall went smooth. Had a group interview where we had to question the panelists. But they were all entry level employees. They helped us to answer basic questions and concerns that we had about the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Conversational interview: Interviewers were very friendly and I was able to find things I have in common with the interviewers to talk about. They ask you to decide whether you want to work in financial services (FSO) or non-FSO prior to the interview. They were willing to talk about their hours, work-life balance, and opportunities to do rotation in a foreign EY office. They did, however, ask about why I wanted a job in public accounting and how I picture myself to be in the next 3-5 years.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult: why public accounting and how long I plan to be in this industry   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Before proceeding to the first interview, I had to complete personality and capacity tests. The recruiter sent me the links and I had 5 working days to complete them both. The personality test was straight forward and the most important thing was to be honest and as a result consistent. Questions repeat themselves in different ways.

Now, before you complete the capacity test they provide you with 4 questions to practice. The problem with that is that the answers for these example questions are pretty easy and the difficulty is very low. When you start the test you realize that the questions are much more difficult and time is running...so, the example questions are misleading, since you expect similar/slightly higher level of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Take the 4 example questions and take into consideration that each question will use 6-7 characters instead of 1-2 that you practiced with   Answer Question