EY Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

EY interviews on campus for both their leadership program and for full-time summer/winter internships. After one round of campus interviews, you are invited to the office for a second interview if you pass the first one. I interviewed with about 4 different people at all different levels in the company, from senior managers to a partner. Mostly background info and getting to know you based on your resume. Not too difficult or strenous.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard- only a few behavioral questions such as a time you exhibited leadership skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

phone call shortly after finishing my interview; formal written offer came within several days and I had 2 weeks to make a decision

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

Interview

The process itself felt professional at the beginning. I took a standard IQ/Basic Accounting test in order to prove that I am smart enough. After that, I received an invitation for an interview. During the interview, I had the most awkward moments in my life as the interviewer didn't really ask any questions that would test my skills or experience. The only question was tell me a little bit about yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus recruiting, on site interview. (4 head to head interview, each half hour) Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

I had a Telephone Interview which was a combination of technical and behavioral question. Then an onsite interview. First round was a written round that had database, coding, design related questions. After that 3 rounds of behavioral interview with senior management.

Interview Questions

• It was straight forward interview if you have practiced enough from a technical perspective.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

EY made the hiring and interview process very enjoyable! After submitting my resume, I was flown to their city, placed in a very nice hotel overnight, and interviewed the next day. I had 3 individual interviews with 3 different employees for half an hour each, and then taken to lunch with two other employees. All the interviewers were nice and welcoming - they did not try to intimidate me, but instead tried their best to make me feel relaxed and comfortable. This friendliness really helped me feel less nervous and perform well in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were placed in on a project/ assignment that you did not know how to approach. What did you do? What were the results?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Called me two weeks before, simply asking me what am I applying for. Then about to visit the Houston Office.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Like all Big 4 firms, you start off with an on-campus interview and then if you are selected for round 2, you'll go to the office that you want to spend your internship. The first interview was just going through my resume, talking about the different experiences I had, and so on. Mostly behavioral style of questions. The second interview was basically a conversation. They wanted to make sure I was able to hold a conversation with someone (future client). Not too bad really.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing in life that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial interview at school, second interview at office. Both interviews were 1:1 and were completely behavioral based. For this level, no accounting questions were asked. During the second interview we were given a tour of the office and taken to lunch. Almost everybody invited to a second interview gets an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a leadership position you once had?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Gainesville, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Recruited on campus and was offered an interview for Emerging Leaders Program. Attended a pre-interview social the night before. Nice dinner and very casual. Overall a pleasant interview experience. I felt no time pressure, and interviewer genuinely seemed interested in getting to know me. I walked the interviewer through my resume, talked about my interests, and answered the few behavioral questions(she didn't even want to ask them but was required).

Interview Questions

• A few behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when... Besides that it was mostly conversational getting to know you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (San Antonio, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through school job board. Had on-campus interviews and was later invited to several socials. Was invited to an office visit and received offer that day, with offer letter coming about a week later. At the office visit, I had about three interviews which were mostly conversational with no tough questions.