EY

Average Difficulty
102 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Leadership program, campus interview

Interview Question – Behavioral based question. where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very laid back. The first one was on campus, and it was all behavior ones like why you chose E&Y, why did you come here? One week later, I got second round interview in SF office. One for case and two for behavior.

Interview Question – What did you have for fun?   Answer Question

Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – They came on campus, I submitted my resume. Got first round where I spoke to a Senior Manager for an hour. Fast forward a week or so and I get notified they're flying me into NYC for 2nd round. 2nd round was 3 interviews and lunch. 2 regular interviews and 1 case interview. The case was 15 minutes to read and then 30 minutes to ramble any recommendations.

Interview Question – 5 page case to dissect.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details – This review is for an MBA internship in EY's advisory practice. EY hired on campus and conducted the 1st round interview at school. (1x 30 min interview that was both fit and a case interview) Second round was off campus at EY office and that lasted half day. 2 fit interview, 1 case interview, and 1 writing sample.

Interview Question – They didn't ask any unexpected questions. It was pretty straight forward - why EY, why consulting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard offer so no negotiation

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details – I thought that the people and culture were genuine. I felt as though I was welcomed by everyone and the office culture is definitely more work-balance oriented.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/co-worker.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was well formed and structured. First was a behavioral interview which was to be followed by 3 more interviews on-site.

Interview Question – (Looking at a Pepsi Can) What do you think about this can? What processes were involved to make this?   View Answer

Salt Lake City, UT

Interview Details – The interview process was great. Everyone was extremely friendly from the partners down to the staff. The office really does have a tight knit feel and that was a huge attraction for me.

Interview Questions

• What is a time in your life where you didn't live up to your expectations?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example where you worked as a team member to solve a difficult problem or reach a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For interns, they pay salary, so negotiations aren't really needed unless you feel like you could get a substantial amount more at another office

Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process had 4 rounds of face to face interviews. Questions were behavioral and about previous work experience. These were the skills that they were looking for Oral Communication and Written Communication, Teamwork skills, Interpersonal skills/works well with others, Motivation/initiative, Strong work ethic, Analytic skills,Flexibility/adaptability, Computer/technical skills, Organizational skills, Leadership

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I got a better offer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details – Was asked a couple of behavioral question. Include interest, experience. Why you want to work in the firm. How you would handle certain situations. Hows well you work with in a group or alone. How you resolve conflicts. What do you see yourself doing in x years time. These types of questions.

Interview Question – Recall a situation when you have to change a plan in the last minute. how you react to it   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting website. Contacted via telephone to come in for "superday", which consisted of one 45 minute Case Study interview, two 45 minute behavior interviews, and one 45 minute writing prompt. The process was long and tiresome. They treated us to a very nice lunch following the interviews.

Interview Question – Give advice on the acquisition of a smaller company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations