EY

Average Difficulty
106 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Applied through on campus recruiting; first round interview with very kind manager--half the time was my asking questions. Received invitation two weeks later for office visit superday. After lunch and a short office tour, there were three back-to-back interviews. Of the three interviews, the case study was fairly difficult, but the two behavioral interviews were quite good.

Interview Question – No especially hard question stood out. Have questions for your interviewers prepared.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview Details – First, you start by applying online and at your university, you must submit your transcript and resume. If you get chosen, you then schedule an interview at your school during the on campus interview day. Then if that interview goes well, they invite you to second round interviews at the office and take you out to lunch. There are usually 3 interviews in house. Usually a phone call is given for invitations to interviews while letters are sent for rejections. The people here were super nice and the office was very clean and looked very organized. The culture was amazing, everyone was helpful. My interviewers were great especially during second round interviews. We had so much fun talking it did not even seem like an interview!

Interview Question – What was one time you had to deal with a difficult person? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me an offer on the spot, I did not negotiate as I felt all compensation was fair.

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was set for phone interview, however, my recruiter had to change the schedule and that gave me the choice of the live interview instead of phone interview.

Interview Question – asks about how you handle the case/situation as a group member and a leader. behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Leadership program, campus interview

Interview Question – Behavioral based question. where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very laid back. The first one was on campus, and it was all behavior ones like why you chose E&Y, why did you come here? One week later, I got second round interview in SF office. One for case and two for behavior.

Interview Question – What did you have for fun?   Answer Question

Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – They came on campus, I submitted my resume. Got first round where I spoke to a Senior Manager for an hour. Fast forward a week or so and I get notified they're flying me into NYC for 2nd round. 2nd round was 3 interviews and lunch. 2 regular interviews and 1 case interview. The case was 15 minutes to read and then 30 minutes to ramble any recommendations.

Interview Question – 5 page case to dissect.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details – This review is for an MBA internship in EY's advisory practice. EY hired on campus and conducted the 1st round interview at school. (1x 30 min interview that was both fit and a case interview) Second round was off campus at EY office and that lasted half day. 2 fit interview, 1 case interview, and 1 writing sample.

Interview Question – They didn't ask any unexpected questions. It was pretty straight forward - why EY, why consulting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard offer so no negotiation

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details – I thought that the people and culture were genuine. I felt as though I was welcomed by everyone and the office culture is definitely more work-balance oriented.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/co-worker.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was well formed and structured. First was a behavioral interview which was to be followed by 3 more interviews on-site.

Interview Question – (Looking at a Pepsi Can) What do you think about this can? What processes were involved to make this?   View Answer

Salt Lake City, UT

Interview Details – The interview process was great. Everyone was extremely friendly from the partners down to the staff. The office really does have a tight knit feel and that was a huge attraction for me.

Interview Questions

• What is a time in your life where you didn't live up to your expectations?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example where you worked as a team member to solve a difficult problem or reach a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For interns, they pay salary, so negotiations aren't really needed unless you feel like you could get a substantial amount more at another office