EY

Average Difficulty
102 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was conducted on campus and was about 30 minutes. The questions were less (but still a couple) behavioral (tell me about a time when ...) and geared more towards personality, like a conversation. Very laid back. We began by introducing ourselves, then talked about my interest in EY and specifically the field of accounting and the position for auditing. Next, our conversation brought up topics about how my skills, experience, education and leadership (from my resume) communicated to the company and position. I highly recommend aligning your goals and visions with those of the company, research areas of interest and how EY has participated in these projects (search on reuters.com). Network with as many current employees as possible. Talk about those relationships to demonstrate your relationship building. Know the industries they service at the specific location you are applying.

The second interview was a full day at the office (breakfast and lunch provided). We began with a presentation, then had three 1:1 interviews with senior managers. Each interview had a topic: Leadership, Career Development, and People. In the first interview about Leadership we focused on skills and attributes for the position. Here's where you focus on selling yourself, tying in your experience and how that communicates to the position. The next interview for Career Development we talked about my future career goals, the five and ten year plan. We focused on training opportunities and continual learning, the interviewer shared information about EYU (web based training) and on-the-job training. The last interview we talked about People. EY is committed heavily to diversity and inclusion, focused on POSITIVE group work/ team-building experiences, and those that were not as positive and how you prevailed in redirecting the project and ultimately have a positive outcome (specifically YOUR involvement). We talked about the team environment and communication styles, understanding differences and how they can be beneficial to enhance the work environment.

Know their values: "People who demonstrate integrity, respect, and teaming. People with energy, enthusiasm, and the courage to lead. People who build relationships based on doing the right thing." Align your selling points on these values, focus on those areas of your experience in which (if asked) you can give a specific, detailed example.

Also, ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS! This demonstrates your interest and enthusiasm. Come prepared with questions and also jot down interesting information from the presentation at the beginning and touch on them in your three interviews.

Lastly, do not over prepare. Refrain from sounding like a robot or too informed, remember it's an internship, they don't expect you to know everything, and the interviews are going to take their own course - like a free flowing conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced a difficult conflict, what did you do, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • What type of person do you refuse to work with?   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview Details – partners and recruiters were both very convincing. made a tough sell for the company. got another offer from another big 4 firm and chose to go with that because of the signing bonus. i loved ernst and young, but the other firm just made sense at the time.

Interview Questions

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in September 2009.

Interview Details – E&Y did on campus interviews at my school. They had a dinner and presentation the night before formal interviews on campus. The formal interview consisted of behavioral type questions with a manager. I was interviewing for an intern position in their Risk Advisory services. In the end I was told I did not receive an offer because my background is in finance and leadership had decided they only wanted to hire accounting majors. Overall it was a good interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time in which you were in a group setting and you had to deal with conflict between members. How did you deal with it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Juan, PR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2008.

Interview Details – I met the person in charge of Human Resources at the University of Puerto Rico Job Fair. There she took my resume and told me that she would call me for a first interview at the Puerto Rico Office. I got a call for the first interview on October 2008 where I met one of the Senior Tax Managers and told me what was expected of me as a Tax Intern. After passing this interview, I went on a second interview in December where I met one of the Tax Partners and was interviewed by three other different people. I passed the second round of interviews and got a call two weeks after telling me I got the internship during Tax Season.

Interview Question – How people describe you?   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – the shortlisting was based on the resumes submitted. the questions were pretty basic. they told me about a few projects they deal with and asked my opinion about it. then they asked me to suggest a few ways these problems could be dealt with.

Interview Question – are you ready to spend that much time in front of a computer?   Answer Question

Delhi (India)

I applied online - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – First interview over phone, secone interview with 3 person in EY office. One person was technical other was HR and Third one was Hiring manager. Technical person asked most question related to IFRS, new IFRS and Indian accounting standard, HR asked mostly question, like why EY, lonf term goal, short term goal, hiriting manager asked about working with team and past expeience and about hobbies

Interview Question – When IFRS will be applicable in India as per budget   Answer Question

Milan (Italy)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview Details – The first step was a quantitative test. Then, we had to do a group assessment where they let us discuss about a recent issue. The next step was a CV interview with the HR manager which was pretty straightforward.
The final round consisted of an interview with a senior manager, but no business case was involved.

Interview Question – "Le quote rosa in Italia" - discuss this issue   Answer Question

Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – College recruitment
The hiring and interview process consist of 3 interviews. The first one are just some tests on math and logical skills. Once you approve the test, they call for a second interview and ask about yourself and your interest. They give some information abut the company and how it works. In the third and last interview, they ask again about yourself and some easy technical questions

Interview Question – 3 Weaknesses about myself   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – By the time they called me, I had already accepted another offer

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – On campus interview, on site super day.

Interview Question – Case study was the 4th interview of the super day. The interviewer walked through how to answer the way he wanted before he gave me the packet.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process took about a month or so. I submitted my application through campus recruitment, and about a month later, I received a call to fix my interview date.

As for the interview, it was a group interview. There were 2 other applicants. It had a very relaxed setting, and went more like a conversation. The interviewer asked us on our opinions on various things, like what we expect to get out of this internship, and then went on to tell us what we can expect from it. At the end of the interview, he assured us that we would all get accepted, which we did.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question