EY Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview

Had several phone 1-1 interviews, all of them very conversational and easy going. Really made me feel comfortable and that EY would be a good place to work. Also conveyed to me that they were very serious about getting the job done, but at the same time there was a good work environment in place. interviewed for the PI practice within advisory, and all the questions were very fit and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of when you had a lot of work to get done? How did you handle the situation? How do handle those situations?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

fairly simple, on campus interview followed by second round interview in new york

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

The first thing they do is a campus interview, then if you make it to the second interview, they will have you visit the actual office and be interviewed. I really did enjoy the interview process because it helped e further understand the office and its culture.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Interns don't negotiate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Went through the school career website and eventually got through till the super day at the NY office for Technology Advisory. Interview was more evaluation based than a conversation. The case study was very vague but they give you hints to assist you. I suggest you be very well prepared as they can really dig deep into your resume.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain this algorithm to a 5 year old?
      Time you had to deal with a difficult person?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through college website. Then, you will be notified about a week after the deadline whether you got a first round interview or not. If they like you and feel you are EY material, you will be invited to a second round, in-house interview. After this, you will either be offered the internship or not. The process takes about 3 months if you go through the whole thing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavior Questions, none stood out. Mostly went through resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

campus career service center-online application-first interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on a Friday on campus and received a call the following Thursday that I got super day. Went to super day a week later on Friday. Got a call that Tuesday that I received the position. Deadline to respond was in 2 weeks. Got it extended to 4 weeks and eventually decided to accept the offer last minute.

Interview Questions

• The case study was about 2 different banks, one online and the other retail, that were going to merge and how they can help eachother out given that the retail bank is going through some legal issues after the 2008 crisis. the online bank has no atms and the retail bank has no iphone apps/proper website banking system. Only 30 minutes to read case study, take notes, and answer interviewer's questions. It was fairly easy since we had such a short time to talk and I spent 10/15 minutes reading the case study and another 5 discussing my resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for internship offer. got the offer a few days later and given 2 weeks to respond. got deadline extended to 4 weeks. pay was 5160 a month but it comes to 29.77/hr which is one of the highest I have heard for tech advisory. higher than deloitte tech and pwc tech.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online through my university and received an interview on campus. I was then asked to go the the New York office for 3 interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case). Everyone was very nice in interviews and they did not seem intent on trying to trick me. While in the NYC office, they really try to make sure that you have a good experience. A partner that I interviewed with even gave me a call to congratulate me on my offer. The campus recruiter was also very responsive and attentive to any questions.

Interview Questions

• None specifically. The questions were behavioral and related to my resume. The case interview was very basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For interns, EY only allows you to negotiate how long you have to accept the offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through the school career services website. Was given a chance to interview with a partner on campus, this was more of a behavioral interview but from this very careful to gain perspective on the professional culture of the company. The Interviewer seemed to like this and was also very open and honest in sharing their experiences at the company, both good and bad.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions seemed to be one that asked of conflict in a group environment and what was done to resolve said issue. Carefully choosing verbiage that did not show bias in conflict and thinking on the spot for it seemed to be the most difficult, but it was not too bad as I had already prepped for questions such as the one mentioned.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Asked me to walk through my resume, then some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult person that you had to deal with.   Answer Question