EY

Updated Oct 31, 2014
Updated Oct 31, 2014

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in April 2011.

Applied through campus recruiting website. Contacted via telephone to come in for "superday", which consisted of one 45 minute Case Study interview, two 45 minute behavior interviews, and one 45 minute writing prompt. The process was long and tiresome. They treated us to a very nice lunch following the interviews.

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

The interview process was well formed and structured. First was a behavioral interview which was to be followed by 3 more interviews on-site.

Interview Questions
    • (Looking at a Pepsi Can) What do you think about this can? What processes were involved to make this?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in October 2009.

partners and recruiters were both very convincing. made a tough sell for the company. got another offer from another big 4 firm and chose to go with that because of the signing bonus. i loved ernst and young, but the other firm just made sense at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

The first thing they do is a campus interview, then if you make it to the second interview, they will have you visit the actual office and be interviewed. I really did enjoy the interview process because it helped e further understand the office and its culture.

Interns don't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

fairly simple, on campus interview followed by second round interview in new york

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

Went through the school career website and eventually got through till the super day at the NY office for Technology Advisory. Interview was more evaluation based than a conversation. The case study was very vague but they give you hints to assist you. I suggest you be very well prepared as they can really dig deep into your resume.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain this algorithm to a 5 year old?
      Time you had to deal with a difficult person?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Campus recruiting, on site interview. (4 head to head interview, each half hour) Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

I interviewed on campus for the technology advisor program(TAP). The on campus interview was behavioral, with questions focusing on some past skills/experiences from my resume and about teamwork, as well as strengths and weaknesses. I was notified 2.5 weeks later that I had been accepted to the second round "Megaday" at the NYC office, which consists of 2 interviews and a case study. Most of the time spent in the interviews were spent by me asking questions to the interviewer. Make sure you have plenty prepared and show a genuine interest in EY and the program. The interviews questions focused mostly on the skills that I could bring to the table, as well as more behavioral questions. The case study was challenging(theoretical based, not mathematical), but they definitely help guide you through it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to trick you, everything was fairly straightforward.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interviewed on a Friday on campus and received a call the following Thursday that I got super day. Went to super day a week later on Friday. Got a call that Tuesday that I received the position. Deadline to respond was in 2 weeks. Got it extended to 4 weeks and eventually decided to accept the offer last minute.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was about 2 different banks, one online and the other retail, that were going to merge and how they can help eachother out given that the retail bank is going through some legal issues after the 2008 crisis. the online bank has no atms and the retail bank has no iphone apps/proper website banking system. Only 30 minutes to read case study, take notes, and answer interviewer's questions. It was fairly easy since we had such a short time to talk and I spent 10/15 minutes reading the case study and another 5 discussing my resume.   View Answer
    No negotiation for internship offer. got the offer a few days later and given 2 weeks to respond. got deadline extended to 4 weeks. pay was 5160 a month but it comes to 29.77/hr which is one of the highest I have heard for tech advisory. higher than deloitte tech and pwc tech.