EY

Updated Feb 4, 2014

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed on a Friday on campus and received a call the following Thursday that I got super day. Went to super day a week later on Friday. Got a call that Tuesday that I received the position. Deadline to respond was in 2 weeks. Got it extended to 4 weeks and eventually decided to accept the offer last minute.

Interview Question – The case study was about 2 different banks, one online and the other retail, that were going to merge and how they can help eachother out given that the retail bank is going through some legal issues after the 2008 crisis. the online bank has no atms and the retail bank has no iphone apps/proper website banking system. Only 30 minutes to read case study, take notes, and answer interviewer's questions. It was fairly easy since we had such a short time to talk and I spent 10/15 minutes reading the case study and another 5 discussing my resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for internship offer. got the offer a few days later and given 2 weeks to respond. got deadline extended to 4 weeks. pay was 5160 a month but it comes to 29.77/hr which is one of the highest I have heard for tech advisory. higher than deloitte tech and pwc tech.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – The first thing they do is a campus interview, then if you make it to the second interview, they will have you visit the actual office and be interviewed. I really did enjoy the interview process because it helped e further understand the office and its culture.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Interns don't negotiate.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – fairly simple, on campus interview followed by second round interview in new york

Interview Question – What is something not on your resume   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went through the school career website and eventually got through till the super day at the NY office for Technology Advisory. Interview was more evaluation based than a conversation. The case study was very vague but they give you hints to assist you. I suggest you be very well prepared as they can really dig deep into your resume.

Interview Question – How would you explain this algorithm to a 5 year old?
Time you had to deal with a difficult person?
  Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview Details – partners and recruiters were both very convincing. made a tough sell for the company. got another offer from another big 4 firm and chose to go with that because of the signing bonus. i loved ernst and young, but the other firm just made sense at the time.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was well formed and structured. First was a behavioral interview which was to be followed by 3 more interviews on-site.

Interview Question – (Looking at a Pepsi Can) What do you think about this can? What processes were involved to make this?   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting website. Contacted via telephone to come in for "superday", which consisted of one 45 minute Case Study interview, two 45 minute behavior interviews, and one 45 minute writing prompt. The process was long and tiresome. They treated us to a very nice lunch following the interviews.

Interview Question – Give advice on the acquisition of a smaller company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Intern interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.