EY Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015
3,079 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Easy going, mainly trying to get to know you to see if you match EY's culture. More conversational than a typical interview. I had a dinner the night before where I got to meet my interviewer in a social setting. This helped ease my nerves before going in to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with someone in your team, and what did you do   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Standard on-campus interview, which typically revolved around behavioral and resume based questions. Then got invited back for my in-office Superday interview, which was 2 behavioral and 1 case study interview. One manager, one senior manager, and one partner interview in total. Case study was a breeze, and mostly reading-comprehension based about how to make suggestions to this particular failing company. Between my Superday and offer was over 3 months, which seems exceptionally long but I figure that I was an exception.

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I interviewed for their Emerging Leaders Program first, which I accepted and attended. After that I had an "in" for interviewing for full time. I can't stress how important it is to send follow up emails to people you meet and interview with. Don't be shy to ask them out to lunch, I had 3 lunches with some EY staff. I was invited to Megaday, where I had 3 interviews back to back (2 behavioral, 1 case). Not too difficult, just show genuine interest and be able to answer behavioral questions (tell me of a time when..) and it should go by smoothly. The case isn't too hard, there was little math involved but required reading about 8-10 pages of material and then discussing what you observed. Had the interview on a Thursday and got an offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you worked on a team or with a difficult person? How do you go about setting and achieving a goal? Where do you see yourself in 3 years? Why EY? Tell me of a time when you had to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a Human Resources point of contact from my recruiter. I sat in one room with each individual interviewer visiting me in the one location. Started with an Audit Manager for about 30 minutes and then spoke with two Partners focused on Private Equity and Hedge Fund line of business for an hour in total. The process was relatively painless except there were some product specific questions to ensure I really knew the products I claimed were on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience prepared you for this role to manage a larger team?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward and easy. The interviewer basically asked about my long-term commitment. Where I see myself in 5 years, my strengths, weaknesses and how do I deal with difficulties; typical interview questions.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Completely personal, no technical question. The interviewer was very down to earth and easy to talk to. The questions weren't difficult and pretty standard that you will see on the big four.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths weaknesses etc. What have you done to address weaknesses.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

it was very casual, a few conversational interviews with no technical questions whatsoever. They flew me to the office i was to work in, put me up in a hotel, and everything.

Interview Questions

• What were your strengths and weaknesses? How do you manage stress?   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

1 On-Campus interview then a Super Friday with three interviews (2 partner interviews & 1 senior manager) interview. 1 Case interview along with 2 behavioral interviews. Interview process straight forward and similar to other Big 4 firms.

Interview Questions

• Describe past projects that you have worked on and the leadership role you played in these projects.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

On campus interview with 1 manager, office interview with manager and partner Very relaxing and conversational not so much as a formal interview. They want to get to know you better and know your personality Have a positive attitude and be genuine.

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was called through the college career website for an on-campus interview. The night before the interview, all candidates were invited to a dinner where we met with employees of EY and prospective interviewers. It was a networking event to understand the company culture and an opportunity to make a good impression with your interviewer before the interview. The on-campus interview was just simple behavioral. I got through to the next round of interviews (the infamous SuperDay) which happened in Dallas (ofcourse, they flew me there and put me up in a nice hotel room). We were invited to yet another reception dinner where we got to meet high ranking partners. The 3 interviews (one case interview, one behavioral, and one with an EY partner) were each 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a 6 page long case study to read in 15 minutes and come up with recommendations to a couple of questions (that were on the last page).   Answer Question