EY Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
2,692 Interview Reviews

2.9

Audit Staff Interview

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews - one with an audit partner and the second with a manager. The first interview was interesting, the partner seemed disinterested and keen on asking tough questions. The second interview was a lot more personable and conversation-like.

Interview Questions

• What are you learning about in your classes regarding regulation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

During the first round of interviews, I talked to a partner and he was surprisingly very friendly and not intimidating. Most of his questions were based on the details listed on my resume, so make sure you know your resume well! He only asked one behavioral question.

During my second round of interviews, I met with 3 different partners and most of their questions were behavioral. They had already heard a lot of details about me from my first interviewer, so don't repeat yourself word for word to keep them interested.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to solve a problem in a group setting.   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process runs over a few months, but starts even before that. In some cases, Sophomores would be encouraged to participate in campus events to show their interest in EY. During the actual interview, they will ask you questions about what you worked on during college, etc. But in actuality, it doesn't really matter as long as you have a relatively high GPA and a reasonable level of communication skills. Don't forget to ask a bunch of questions and show your interest.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about EY?   1 Answer

TAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Three interviews in a row, and two behaviors with one case study. The case study is more focus on business side rather than any specific calculation. And the behavior questions are just tell me a time when.... type of questions. People there are really nice to me, since I wasn't have much case study experience, the person kind of walk me through the case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you have to confront someone, tell me a time you work in a team and what was your position, Do you have any question for me, tell me a time you were being a leader.   1 Answer

Transfer Pricing Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through career services at university. The first step was a 20 minute phone interview with a transfer pricing manager. After two weeks, received phone call from recruiting manager to come in for final interview. The final interview was in-house, approx. 4 hours. The first 1.5 hours was a lunch networking event with two EY staff followed by 2.5 hours of interviews with managers, senior managers, and executive director of the division. Most questions were behavioral i.e. strengths/weaknesses, tell me about yourself, etc. Some were more technical i.e. describe a DCF analysis. It is important to tell your story with an emphasis on impact/results, know current trends in the division, and be yourself. I heard back from the executive director with an offer within a week from the final interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about transfer pricing? What experiences do you have as a leader?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

It was a very positive experience. This was one of the easiest interviews that I have ever gone through. They really just wanted me to emphasize my strengths and show them what I could offer to the company. They took a very long time to respond back to me after the interview. About 3 weeks I had to wait to hear back. When I did I was extremely happy and surprised!

Interview Questions

• What was an experience that you went through where you had a hard time during work or school? How did you over come that experience?   Answer Question

QAS Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site interview (4 rounds). Phone interview had some resume questions, mostly technical (swaps pricing, regression). Can't seem to recall any challenging behavioral questions on the on-site interview, though technical questions like walking through option pricing, statistical models I've done, and some general chat.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

i got the first round campus interview. I felt I did well on the interview, but i did not get the on-site interview. It was very casual overall, nothing unexpected.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

Interview

First met with the recruiter had the typical interview questions.

Than went in house for 2nd rounds for interviews. Met with mostly partners and just had conversations no real typical interview questions. It was a great experience and learned a lot. Make sure to come in with intelligent questions and relax.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied throuh campus recruiting. First round on-campus one on one interview with an audit partner. It was laid back and conversational. Second round was on-site. Two interviews with a manager and a partner. All behavirol questions.