EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Emerging Leadership Program (Summer 2014) Interview

Toledo, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied this program 4 months ago after the job fair on campus. The recruiter called me and helped me set up a phone interview with one of the Senior Associate next day.... The interview was very laid back and lasted less than 30 minutes, the interviewer had lots of experience with the "Big Four" and she was very nice and patient. The interviewee asked me to introduce myself and asked a few questions about my past work and education experience, she also asked if I would like to continue for my Master degree and when is a good time to take the CPA Exam. Overall, it was a great experience, and I got a phone call from the HR two days later saying I was selected for the program. My recommendation for future candidates is to be confident, and be a good listener and ask questions at the end of the phone interview... Also, have some hand outs in front of you since you could "Cheat" a little bit during a phone interview... And make sure you send a thank-you note at the end of the day! I really enjoyed the recruiting process and learned a lot from our conversation.....Good luck to you all!

Interview Question – I have seen you participated other programs with other "Big Four" company, could you please tell me why EY?   View Answer

ITRA Staff Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I applied at my university's career search website. I was contacted soon in about a week to schedule an on-campus interview. I was also invited to a reception event which was organized closed to campus a night before the interview where I got a chance to meet with lots of people from EY along with a Senior manager. The interview included 15mins of case study and 30 mins of general conversation type interview. The case was pretty easy if you know how to handle it. They just want to see if you have any plan to handle it or not.

Received a call of an on site interview in about a couple of weeks which included 3 interviews(2Senior managers, 1 Partner) These interviews were pretty much like the one on campus. Never felt like I was being interviewed. They were so casual. I did my homework in the form of research, and preparation though. Don't expect to have a comfortable experience if you haven't prepared for the interview.

Interview Question – The business case was too long to read slowly/carefully in 15 mins. I had to read quick, and take notes fast.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – First round interview on campus. Then office visit- everyone was very friendly. Know your resume inside out, and lots of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Know about your 150-credit plan.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – on campus interview, most of time just go through resume

Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Group discussion,Behavioral,HR, case based and then meeting the executive director.

Advisory Senior Manager Interview

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Has a very well structured interview process. Multiple people interviewing to take a final decision

Interview Question – What was the recent most challenging situation you faced ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was more about money and title

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter, didn't think it was a difficult interview. The recruiter asked a bunch of questions about my resume and working with groups. Make sure you can give an answer for everything you have on your resume. Also be prepared to give examples of how you overcame difficulties working in groups and how you had to exhibit leadership roles.

Interview Question – What is your favorite course and why.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

I applied online and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Submitted my application and heard back in a week. I did an initial phone call before being asked to office for an in-person interview. The woman on the phone was in HR and while she knew the manager's preference was not overly familiar with job specifics. The phone call was pretty standard and nothing surprising was asked. Pretty much they were just checking that you were alive and could speak coherently about your experience.

Interview Question – The interviewer wanted to know experiences that set me apart from other applicants.   Answer Question

Tax Senior Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in February 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call from a head hunter. Once expressed an interest, had a phone interview with HR. The phone interview covered past experience, date of availability, etc. If you really are interested in working there, say so. Onsite interview was HR and two senior managers. No surprise. All they wanted to know was if you had the right experience. The offer came within two weeks of the interview.

Interview Question – There were no surprised questions asked. The entire process smooth. All they wanted to know was previous working experience and why wanted to work for them.   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Seattle, WA

Interview Details – Usually hire from large universities only. Emphasis on early identification of candidates and most candidates start through a summer or winter internship and receive full time offers at the end of the intership to start after graduation.

First formal interview will be on campus for 30-45 minutes. Then you will be brought in house for a second round interview with three individuals each lasting 30-45 minutes. Usually there are social events that happen throughout the interviewing process to provide opportunities to meet other professionals in the firm and for the professionals to further screen you. Usually a decision is made within a week.

Interview Question – All questions will be behavioral based. Make sure you have the standard ones practiced ("tell me about yourself", "what are your biggest weaknesses", "why do you want to work in public accounting", "tell me about a time when you..."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not negotiations as most are hired from internships and there is so much competition from the other big fours that salary is set for the most part. You can negotiate start dates.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice. All 1,767 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.