EY

2,505 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technical Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Applied through campus. First interview took place on campus itself. Typical behavioral questions, and complete resume walkthrough. Please make sure you only write technical skills you have actually used, and are proficient with.

Tell me about yourself? What kinds of conflicts have you handled with team members? Conflicts with clients? Have you handled multiple projects together? Which skills have you used as part of your professional experience? Have you ever faced a high pressure situation? Would you escalate in case of a conflict?

Interview Questions
    • Conflicts with clients/co workers/teammates
      Team work related questions
      Leadership questions
      Resume walkthrough

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Very quick. Talked with an EY employee at a networking function and sent them my resume afterwards. A week later I was given a phone interview and a week after that I was flown out to the office for final rounds. Several behavioral interviews and a case study. They got back to me within a week with my offer. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Questions (While they seem like throwaways, THESE QUESTIONS ARE ENORMOUSLY IMPORTANT):
      • Tell me about yourself
      • Why do you want this job, at this company?
      • What do you do outside of work?
      • What is your greatest weakness
      • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      • Describe a situation when you have had to work with someone difficult and what you did to overcome this

View Answer
    • Case Study: (EY's case consulting studies relate directly to the sort of work the position entails)
      • IE for Operational Transaction Advisory - Interviewer will explain a transaction case involving M&A Transaction Diligence:
      o How would you combine two companies to realize cost synergies?
      o What operational improvements would you suggest?

Notes:
      - Case is tailored to operational diligence – OTS provides a deeper analysis of what a firm does
      - They want to see someone who is willing to take a risk and demonstrate good business instincts

View Answer
    The offer was generous enough to mitigate any reason for negotiation. There was some leeway as to which office I would work in.

Advisory Interview

I got the first round interview from campus recruiting. The interview is basically go through your resume. Please make sure you are proficient with skills you write in the resume.

The question they asked is: Tell me about yourself?

Advisory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

Applied through a recruiter, after a month they set up a phone interview with a Sr Manager

After the phone screen I received an invite for the Super day interviews with 4 Sr Managers.

The process was pretty smooth and straightforward

Technology Advisory Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Applied through the college career website and received a phone call after two weeks saying I was accepted for an interview. There were two interviews: one phone interview and one office visit for super day. The super day consists of 2 behavioral and 1 case study. Make sure to prepare for all three interviews diligently.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Was contacted by outside recruiting firm initially. Went through a phone interview, then 5 more interviews, two directors, one executive director, and two partners. All very casual interviews, very conversational. They wanted to understand my technical background. Very accommodating to my questions about firm culture, etc. For the most part, I liked the people I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    They gave a very respectable offer, certainly didn't feel like they were lowballing me. Came with a signing bonus. Always ask for more, worst they can say is no!

Techonoly Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Details
    Applied through career fair at college. 1 essay + 1 Face-to-face on campus
    Fairly simple first round.

Applied through campus recruiting. The first round was a phone interview.
    why EY?
    Tech projects you worked on.
    why this position?
    leadership experience.
    It was a 15 minutes phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Applied through campus recruiting. The first round was a phone interview.
      why EY?
      Tech projects you worked on.
      why this position?
      leadership experience.
      It was a 15 minutes phone interview

Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Very disorganized process that lasted over 9 months to offer; multiple no shows that required rescheduling. EY did not seem understand or communicate to each other my interests as an applicant. I was constantly having to re-explain what about the practice appealed to me, and what I was actively not interested in. Their most pressing question concerned my tolerance for travel.

Interview Questions

Ultimately, the lack of clarity around my role within the practice, combined with an offer that would require me to take a pay cut coming from the industry, led me to decline.

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Applied through school's recruiting website, first round interview was easy, but I think the interviewer was too tired so that he didn't pay much attention to my answer...(I was in the last interview for a day)

IT Risk and Assurance Senior Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Lengthy from start to finish - I had never seen a process more arduous. It took 6 months and 8 interviewees to get to the final results. The team was unimpressive to me, as they showed up late to work and had over booked their interviews simultaneously. As a experienced professional their approach was chaotic. During the interview process they tried garner some confidential information on my company's current processes, while that was a mediocre attempt, I was obligated to decline providing any details that would compromise my agreements and ethics. Overall I don't think they are a fit for me, nor I for them. As a follow up, they even took a long time (over 30 days) to reimburse me for my expenses, citing they had system failures and all that. I guess for a Big 4, they are a big disappointment. Systems are rigid, processes are slow and they fail to impress.

Interview Questions
    • What area of security should there be a focus on moving forward?   Answer Question

See above, very collegiate not entrepreneurial, too chaotic and rigid in their processes.