EY Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015
2,955 Interview Reviews

2.9

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

Interview

it was very casual, a few conversational interviews with no technical questions whatsoever. They flew me to the office i was to work in, put me up in a hotel, and everything.

Interview Questions

• What were your strengths and weaknesses? How do you manage stress?   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Interview was through their Emerging Leaders Program. I had a positive experience. They were very helpful and interviewer was a nice guy. Just make sure to come prepared with questions because the interviewer usually leaves time at the end for your questions and it can really turn your interview around

Interview Questions

• Do a SWOT Analysis on the case study What are some IT issues? Overall, the interview was pretty friendly. Make sure to make conversation after the interview!   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

There are three round total. The first two are phone interviews, the last one is on site. Unlike other consultant interview process, there is no case interview. Before the last round, need to finish an online writing assessment (30 minute).

Interview Questions

• What is derivatives? Your biggest strength? Derive BS model   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Low stress compared to others, case interview is very easy - does not require preparation; several initerviews with partners and other leadership, they essentially make the final decisions. Make friends with people from your alma mater and your life will be much easier

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

I first applied on my Campus recruitment website for EY's Emerging Leaders Program. I then had one on-campus interview with a staff member. All behavioral questions. Don't forget to cater your answers so that you are highlighting your skills that are also important to EY.. Then, I had two in-office interviews. One with a manager and one with a partner. The partner's interview was a little difficult because she just wanted me to ask questions. No behavioral questions were asked. After my interviews, there was a one-on-one lunch with a staff member. Overall, it was a great experience. Everyone I interviewed with made me feel so comfortable. I heard back within a few days that I was offered a spot for the Emerging Leaders Program. Since I am interested in Advisory, in order to be offered an internship offer after the Emerging Leaders Program I needed to have a case study interview. I was the most nervous for this but it was not at all like I feared. You are given a case to read and then you talk about it with an EY employee. They really try and help you relax and think out the problems/solutions. I actually really enjoyed the case study. I got a call the next morning offering me the internship.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Bronx, NY).

Interview

it was a very friendly process, just to get to know the interviewee better and to assess fit for the role. nothing out of the ordinary, everything was pleasantly well.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

EY came to campus to conduct first round interviews. Second round interviews were conducted elsewhere and lasted one day. There were two or three interviews - very standard (some behavior questions, tell me about yourself, why EY, etc.). I think I heard back within a few weeks and accepted the offer.

FSO Assurance Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

First round on campus interview was with a partner who was very welcoming and friendly. I had a great conversation with her and I got to the second round office visit. That interview consisted of three 30 minute interviews, one partner and 2 managers. The partner didn't seem like she had prepared anything at all to ask me, and it was an awkward 30 minutes of slow, pointless questions. I didn't feel like she cared to be speaking with me at all. I wasn't surprised that I didn't get the offer, even though the other 2 interviews went alright.

Interview Questions

• All basic behavioral questions, talk about team skills, overcoming challenges, etc.   Answer Question

Advisory Services Consultant Interview

Interview

You started with a phone screening with the recruiter. Recruiters will discuss what you want in your career path and evaluate whether you are a fit for the positions they are looking for. Then they would let you know whether they would like to proceed to next step. If you get to the next step, you would get to meet with a Senior who would greet you during the interview day. (Note: the individual is evaluating if you are a good fit or not even though it is an unofficial opinion) Then you would interview with at least 2 Senior Managers (maybe a combination of 1 Manager and 1 Senior Manager depending upon the position they are looking for). Then the last round is to meet with the partner of the practice. The interview questions are all behavioral questions about the practice you are applying for. "What would you do if ABC happened? How would you handle this situation?" The tips are you need to be customer-oriented and try to address "HOW" you would handle things. There is no right answer. It is all about how and why you would do things in a certain way or differently.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

First I had a phone interview from Chicago a Senior Manager .Was able to impress him .Main questions were related to Front/Middle/Back office. I was called for 1:1 interview to New York office , Times square.Total 5 rounds. 1st round: Manager 1 :He was ex-Navy person. Question were simple and we went through Trade processing. 2nd Round: HR round .was normal related to package and willingness to travel.If you are not willing to travel more than 50-80% Don't expect the offer. That's one of the main point.I was ready to travel not more than 20%. 3rd round: Manager 2: Cleared the technical questions related to Asset Management and how do you work with Operation for Trade related issues ? Whats you passion was one of the most important question ?Come up with a correct answers which suits you. 4th Round: Manager 3: Data models and use cases related to the project we worked on ? Reference Data question .How do integrate security, positions,analytic's ..e.t.c., Water fall and Agile models pros and cons. 5th round: Senior Manger.(Senior Manger was an technical architect.The questions were difficult related to windows IIS installation / Product installations on Unix server ) One of main point here too was don't join if you are not willing to travel.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with different teams across different regions ? How do you mange conflicts between team members ? Whats your passion ? ( I think I screwed the answer here .Gave a normal answer rather than my interests ).   Answer Question