EY Interview Questions

1,999 Interview Reviews

2.9

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY.

Did not ask any technical or behavior question. Interviewer just went through my CV and ask me to ask him questions. The entire process is very conversational. Get a feeling that the interviewer is just testing the interviewee's interpersonal skill instead of technical skill. I suggest applicants should be prepared to ask some questions that shows you have done some research to the firm.

Externship Interview

I applied on the university career service website and got accepted for interview. It was a typical interview, and mostly were behavior based questions. She was the EY campus recruiter for our university so the questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    • what will you do when you having personal conflicts with a group member?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Mostly behavioral based questions during the first round interview. The second round interview involved both skill based questions, team experiences, and behavioral based questions. Additionally, during the second round interview I met with three EY employees ranging from senior staff employees to senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult experience and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Multiple interviews with hiring manager and his supervisor, also HR. The process was thorough, there was travel to Houston to meet in person, something they probably no longer do, they'll probably video conference rather than incur the expense.

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in July 2014.

I originally bounced around from recruiter to recruiter within the firm to finally come to the advisory practice that i was most interested in. Everyone I spoke to was kind and very receptive. Eventually I was called into an interview with a manager, senior manager, and Partner. I clicked with each individual team member. Within 3 days I received a call extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were soft skills. Name the most difficult area that you tested and how you handled it from beginning to end.   Answer Question
    Always negotiate. Look at the benefits package and the salary. Get data from sites and most importantly your network from other big 4.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

On campus interviews first. Usually 3 then bring you into the office for 3 more interviews then you get a call back if you got the position or not. Not to hard just be personable. Make sure to be prepared and to ask questions. Make sure its not just them talking the whole time. Keep your grades up and make sure you follow up after the interview with a thank you letter.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were behavioral and just find something in common with the person interviewing you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation your an intern

Audit Staff Interview

First a prenight session meeting with interviewer, get the chance got the name of your interviewer for the round 1 and do some research at home, first round pretty easy conversational interview, nothing special or tough, just express the true self.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the most difficult situation you've ever encountered   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

recruited through on campus recruiting. attended several EY mixers and socials. had round one interview. pretty easy, mostly behavioral question. I advanced to the final round. Final round day I interviewed with 3 different people: senior, senior manager and a partner. all behavioral questions. they rely heavily on your GPA and base your technical understanding on the grades you receive in your accounting classes. the rest is all behavioral questions.

Business Advisory Practice Interview

Office Visit was very good. The managers and Partners were very down to earth and the interview was very engaging. It was very natural in conversation. There was also a lunch afterwards in which you can connect with current employees to learn more about the job.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult. run of the mill behavioural questions.   Answer Question

had a better opportunity

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in June 2010.

campus interview, on-site interview, written interview, and case interview
    Pre-interview dinners are important since you can personally meet your interviewer in advance of your actual interviews. All interviews are behavioral except for the case interview. However, the case interview is not hard. Prepare for it with a couple of case interview examples online and you should be ready.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!