EY

2,485 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technical Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Applied through campus. First interview took place on campus itself. Typical behavioral questions, and complete resume walkthrough. Please make sure you only write technical skills you have actually used, and are proficient with.

Tell me about yourself? What kinds of conflicts have you handled with team members? Conflicts with clients? Have you handled multiple projects together? Which skills have you used as part of your professional experience? Have you ever faced a high pressure situation? Would you escalate in case of a conflict?

Interview Questions
    • Conflicts with clients/co workers/teammates
      Team work related questions
      Leadership questions
      Resume walkthrough

Techonoly Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Details
    Applied through career fair at college. 1 essay + 1 Face-to-face on campus
    Fairly simple first round.

Applied through campus recruiting. The first round was a phone interview.
    why EY?
    Tech projects you worked on.
    why this position?
    leadership experience.
    It was a 15 minutes phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Applied through campus recruiting. The first round was a phone interview.
      why EY?
      Tech projects you worked on.
      why this position?
      leadership experience.
      It was a 15 minutes phone interview

Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I received my interview through on campus recruiting. It was short and conversational. My interviewer was easy to talk to and not intimidating. We started out talking about the weather and then about myself and then himself and then casually mixed in interview questions. One thing I can say is that it might pay to get an early interview time. I had exams and couldn't attend my interview until later in the day and my interviewer seemed tired and less interested that he should have been.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to juggle multiple tasks at once and how did you perform?   Answer Question

I had another offer that was more appealing.

Performance Improvement Consultant, Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

After a successful internship in home country office, which was easy to get, I applied to a foreign office (but which I was still eligible to work in without visa sponsorship) through internal channels. Skipped psychometric evaluations, had a simple phone interview, and encountered no problems.

Audit Staff FSO Interview

The first round is on campus and the second round is on-site. The first round was more like a conversation than an interview. The partner first introduced herself and then asked some common behavioral questions like your team experience, time management, and how to solve a conflict.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Very quick. Talked with an EY employee at a networking function and sent them my resume afterwards. A week later I was given a phone interview and a week after that I was flown out to the office for final rounds. Several behavioral interviews and a case study. They got back to me within a week with my offer. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Questions (While they seem like throwaways, THESE QUESTIONS ARE ENORMOUSLY IMPORTANT):
      • Tell me about yourself
      • Why do you want this job, at this company?
      • What do you do outside of work?
      • What is your greatest weakness
      • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      • Describe a situation when you have had to work with someone difficult and what you did to overcome this

View Answer
    • Case Study: (EY's case consulting studies relate directly to the sort of work the position entails)
      • IE for Operational Transaction Advisory - Interviewer will explain a transaction case involving M&A Transaction Diligence:
      o How would you combine two companies to realize cost synergies?
      o What operational improvements would you suggest?

Notes:
      - Case is tailored to operational diligence – OTS provides a deeper analysis of what a firm does
      - They want to see someone who is willing to take a risk and demonstrate good business instincts

View Answer
    The offer was generous enough to mitigate any reason for negotiation. There was some leeway as to which office I would work in.

Advisory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

Was referred to EY by a Recruiter. The position was for Advisory Manager based in NYC in their Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) group.
    First round was telephonic for about 30 min. Questions were related to the current project and also a couple of situational questions. This happened towards mid December. Then heard back from the Recruiter that EY wanted to meet me in person. Was called in on a Super Day (Jan 23rd) where they have their team interview multiple people for different positions (all on one day)
    Had 4 interviews, 3 were with partners and one was a Senior Manager. Most of them were connected to the resume and current roles/ responsibilites and how I would fit into EY. Was more of a discussion. All the interviewers and the HR folks were very pleasant. Had a great experience!
    Response was very quicik, interviews were on a Friday and the verbal offer came through in a week's time.

Tax Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

This was the 1st round phone interview. I thought it went well. The interviewer seemed to confirm that. It was a basic screening process seeing if you would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about the information on the resume I had provided.   Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

first round on campus interview, all behavior questions, about 30 minutes; writing test, has time - limits; second round onsite interviews, 2 behavior interviews, each 45 minutes, one case interview, no technical questions, 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • go through your resume; what is the hardest situation during your previous internship; how do you work with people with different personality from you; tell about a case where you have a leadership role; how do you manage when there are multiple tasks at once; why do you apply for our company/this position/this city   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I got my interview at campus. The process went on in a rather weird way. Since this was the first round. I expected that it would involve a lot of behavior questions. However, in the interview, they only spent less than two minutes asking me questions based on my resume. For the rest of the 28 minutes, I was asked two statistical problems of graduate student level. Those two problems were really theoretical.

Interview Questions
    • One was about covariance matrix. The other was about linear regression model.   Answer Question