EY

1,922 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisory Senior Interview

Advisory Senior

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn to discuss the opportunity. Initial phone screen with recruiter, then phone interview with a Manager within the practice group. Next step was on site interview at NYC headquarters with 4 senior manager level team members. Received an offer about 2 weeks after the on site interview. Whole process took about a 6-7 weeks from start to finish. Very professional at every step along the way and great recruiting team.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions. Current events in your industry. Leadership and working in teams examples. Why EY.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Summer

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Had three rounds of interviews. One initial screening by HR, then 3 interviews in the office followed by a final phone interview with the team lead in NY. Overall the process was quite as you would expect. Interviewers were friendly and threw no curve balls. The interviews focused on experience and background.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as there is a stipulated rate for summer internships.

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Transaction Advisory Services Senior
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Interview Details – Started with email contact and then phone interview. I was then brought in to do an in person interview with two managers and two senior managers. Was an easy process and my skill set fit their needs so worked for both sides

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone negotiation and were willing to go up a little but not much

Tax Staff Interview

Tax Staff

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Submitted the resume online (one through the school career website and one on the company website. Got the campus Interview. Mostly behavior questions. The hiring manager is nice and friendly. It is a good firm to work for. Only hired one student from my program this year.

Interview Question – No Hard questions, but still didn't get the offer.   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Interview

Advisory Senior
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is selective and in the beginning is very behavioral in nature. It is important to be knowledgeable about the company and have a genuine interest in EY with specific reasoning as to why it is attractive compared to other similar opportunities. Also, it always helps to have someone on the inside who is well respected that you can reference in an interview as vouching for your work ethic and character. Get your CV in using a current employee as a recommendation and greatly boost your chances at landing an interview. Ask whoever recommends you to invite you out to meet some others so you can gather more information and have additional names to drop of people you reached out to to learn more about the firm.

Interview Question – What is consulting? (If applying for Advisory make sure you have a grasp as to what a work day actually entails and not the glamorized "House of Lies" lifestyle)   Answer Question

FSO Interview

FSO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – 1. On-Campus Interview: Standard behavioral 1:1 interview
-obtained through campus recruiting
2. Timed written submission: Industry question and why you are a good company fit
-30 mins, no prior info on question before start
3. Super Day:
a.) 2 behavioral interviews (low stress)
b.) 1 case-study
-at times square office

Interview Question – Asked for two biggest weasknesses   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Advisory Staff
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter had my resume from previous campus communication with EY and contacted me with a phone interview. A few weeks later, I was invited to have an in-office interview with some senior managers and a partner. The interview took all day as it was made up of 3 separate interviews.

Interview Question – One interviewer asked me no questions, but made me interview her with questions I had about the position. I had asked so many questions already that day, it was difficult to come up with more questions to ask.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in July 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview process is very smooth and then invited for super day. The first technical interviewer came up with very detailed question about sth. I might have done 5 years ago and I didn't put anything in my resume that I did that kind of project. He just assumed that I should know that because I worked in the group. And it is just a senior associate position. Why did he expect I know sth. a manager or senior manager should know? Other interviewers are ok.

Interview Question – HJM model details, how to calibrate the parameters, analytic form of swaption price.   Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

IT Risk and Assurance Staff
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – One campus interview, a writing assessment, two behavioral interviews and a case interview. The interview process wasn't too taxing, don't over think the interview, typical behavioral interviews all in all it was a laid back process.

Interview Question – The case interview was stressful going into but I found it easy once I started, the interviewer somewhat guides you on the issues and they are more interested in how and why you think not necessarily what is the correct answer. Be confident and support your answers. Be rehearsed on business tactics like SWOT analysis.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I'm more technology side: Business Analyst as opposed to doing accounting audits. I chose to stay with my passion of IT BA instead of taking the accounting route.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Very easy. Talked to recruiter, hiring manager, hiring manager's manager. Did not meet any junior members of the team. Would have eased resentment later on. Did not meet other members of larger marketing team until later on.

Interview Question – None. At junior levels seemed to be a lot of frustration.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. If they really want you, they are flexible.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!