EY Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,969 interviews

2.9

Audit Staff Interview

First phase was a phone interview. Second phase was one on one interviews with a senior or manager and a partner. Followed by a lunch with staff auditor. Everyone has an input in your interview process.

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiation. Most of the big 4 offer the same pay etc. for entry level staff.

Experienced Professionals Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2010.

1) Resumes are prescreened by HR so highligh the summary of work experience and research the practice that has the service offering you are interested to properly aligned you with the right manager, senior manager and partner to interview.
    2) Another screening through phone interview (background, competency) before you get scheduled for an office interview.
    3) Candidate will be interviewed by 3 executives. Interviews are designed to give insight to your various skills in people, technical skills, operational excellence and growth.
    4) Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • For audits/assurance, you maybe asked about your process or how to execute your audit.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interviewed with the company. It was a good experience interviewing with the company. Went to a couple interviews which ranged from campus interview to additional interviews at the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Communicated with campus recruiter. Got through both interview processes within a month. Interview was mostly behavioral with a couple technical questions. Met with 1 partner and 2 senior managers for the super day, which was more laid back than expected.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Applied for EY Leadership program, but spots were filled so I signed up for an office visit instead. Interviewed once on campus, then had an office visit and 2 final round interviews with a manager and a partner. I received a phone call with offer from partner that I interviewed with 2 weeks after the office visit.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, mostly questions about myself and why I wanted to go into tax.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

I met the recruiter through campus recruiting. The recruiter was very receptive to my interest in a different city and she referred me to a different recruiter who scheduled my interview within the next week. The process went by very quickly and I was invited to an office visit within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about your experience abroad and how that could be beneficial in the accounting industry.
      Talk about your extracurricular involvement and explain the variety of organizations that are noted on your resume.
        Answer Question

Assurance Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

EY emphasizes its people (much like the rest of the big 4) so just focus on having a great conversation with the interviewer while keeping an affable and professional disposition and things should go well

Interview Questions
    • News sources you follow and what current news article can you talk about
      tell me about yourself
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Applied online through my university and received an interview on campus. I was then asked to go the the New York office for 3 interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case). Everyone was very nice in interviews and they did not seem intent on trying to trick me. While in the NYC office, they really try to make sure that you have a good experience. A partner that I interviewed with even gave me a call to congratulate me on my offer. The campus recruiter was also very responsive and attentive to any questions.

Interview Questions
    • None specifically. The questions were behavioral and related to my resume. The case interview was very basic.   Answer Question
    For interns, EY only allows you to negotiate how long you have to accept the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Multiple socials involving impressing recruiters. Submitting online application and also on universities career site. Must include a competitive resume, cover letter and transcripts. Must be succesful in a half hour on campus interview, and 3 45 minute interviews in-house as well as a lunch or dinner with managers.

did not negotiate

Talent Acquisition Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EY.

The length of the interview process was a big disappointment for me. Two and a half months, interviewed with six people, completed an assessment, only to be turned down in favor of a candidate with prior experience. It seemed like an awfully long time to turn someone down based off of experience, which all of the interviewers knew I did not have in the first place. That really should have happened after the first interview. Instead, the process was drug out for months, all the while being told that I had positive feedback with each interview. I have been a recruiter for a very large corporation for the past seven years. This is not how I would treat my candidates, and this was a real eye-opener for me.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked anything that would be "out of the ordinary" when it comes to interview questions. As always, make sure you do your research on the company prior to interviewing. Learn abount current initiatives and hot topics. Ask the interviewer questions about the initiatives.   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!