EY

Updated Jan 30, 2015
2,416 Interview Reviews

2.9

Audit Staff Interview

On campus interview first round. Submit resume on campus recruiting and join the career fair. a week to prepare. 20 minute. First talk, then some regular question such as walk through resume, CPA eligible, why accounting, why my school, why EY, Why audit, big strengthens and weakness, career path in the future, what you know about EY and some behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself over the next 5 years?   View Answer

Technology Analyst Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

I applied through the campus recruiter and was invited for the first round of interviews. A manager interviewed me and just asked me basic behavior questions. Heard back from them one week later.

Advisory Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

I had multiple interviews with competency leaders/execs and partners within the region across a three to four month process. Given level of firm resources, mixed with travel schedule, overall timeline took longer than anticipated.

Interview Questions
    • The questions during the interview were as anticipated. I do not recall anything out of the ordinary. Given I came in as a Senior Manager, had to "defend" previous engagements that I managed as well as define previous revenue and sales goals.   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiation. Salary bands are firm and if within the band - can negotiate some. However as you approach the upper limit, minimal ability to negotiate. Bands are not flexible

BAP Summer Interview

I applied through the campus recruitment. I had my first round interview on campus which was all behavioral. The 2nd round was at their office which consisted of 2 behaviorals and 1 case. The whole process took about 2 months for me. HR was very unorganized and didn't seem like they knew what they were doing.

Assurance Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

I applied online through a campus recruiter. Received an email to schedule a phone interview the next week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes - basic personality questions, was invited over the phone for an office visit. I had two interviews at the office - one with partner and senior manager. Had lunch with 1st year and was able to talk about their experiences with the transition. Everyone was very nice and they did their best to make you as comfortable as possible.

Quantitative Advisory Services Interview

Received emails for scheduling the first interview, without a phone screening or so. Two rounds of interview, first one is on campus. First interview was about resume review and behavior questions; then the second consisted of combo of tech & normal questions. Seems like EY took nobody from my school.

Audit Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

I applied through my college career website. Throughout the semester I met the recruiter and many EY professionals, so by the time I was invited for the first round in-campus interview, they knew who I was, and I knew who they were. I had a 30min interview with a Manager, who asked me the typical behavioral questions about teamwork and leadership. Then I was invited for second round interviews at the firm. I interviewed with 2 professionals for 30 minutes and then played a game of trivia. The interviews were very conversational, absolutely no behavioral or technical questions. But that mean you have to be able to keep a conversation going. So think of questions/topics to talk about.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, the typical questions you'll find on an interview workshop pamphlet.   Answer Question
    There's no negotiation, they just tell you your hours and your salary. Its pretty high for an intern though, so no negotiation was necessary.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

The interview process was excellent. I had an initial phone interview with an HR manager, which led to a second interview with the lead manager of the global accounts team. After that, I had 3 rounds of in person interviews with various individuals in the business practice.

I really have to say this was one of the best interview experiences I've had, mainly because the interviewers really care about finding the right people for the job. Everyone I spoke to were invested in company; they took time explaining about the role, their experience in the dept, and addressed any concerns I had. The senior leaders in this practice are very smart with many years of industry experience, and are extremely personable and modest. I would say what drew me to this job is not the position, but the quality of people at EY and their positive attitudes.

I would have really liked to work with them. However, I didn't take the offer (which was excellent, with great benefits) as I found a position that was a better fit at the moment. I would highly recommend this company to others!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a difficult experience you had with a customer   Answer Question

Advisory FSO Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Invited to interview off of the normal interview schedule after attending another EY event in the summer. Started with an office visit before networking time and then got to the interviews. The interviews included 2 personal interviews and 1 technical case interview. Interview process took the majority of one day.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to analyze whether a large national bank should merge with a regional brick and mortar bank, and had to use supplied data to present a solution. Pretty typical case interview question, had time to write down thoughts on paper before delving into answer. Not too difficult of a question.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Had a campus interview, and was asked for a second round interview. The first interview went great, but the second on-site interview was difficult. The response was quick that people receive offer get it on the same day as the second interview