EY Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015
2,882 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

Resumes were submitted through the on campus program and interview selections were made. Pre-interview dinner allowed for candidates to meet the firm and their interviewers. On campus interviews the next day with one partner lasted about 30 minutes.

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview goes fairly smoothly and the interviewers are nice. Interview itself was easy and they focused a lot on behavioral. Two rounds of phone interviews with current staffs. Since I applied international program they interviewed me in Chinese and English

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

The hiring process took a few months and included about 6 interviews. This took a long time since they had an issue with their location needs that was not resolved very quickly. Overall, they were pretty responsive and I ended up with a better position than what I applied for.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical behavioral and case questions.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with two people. First a senior manager then a director. Very relaxing interview, each one took more than 30 minutes. Introduced the life in EY to me, talked about some personal hobbies. The director ask me some tech questions to see if I have a concept of advisory. Got offer over the phone one week after the interview. But the position was on hold later.

Interview Questions

• How to audit accounts receivable   1 Answer

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

One senior manager, one director. Very relaxing. Ask some casual questions about my current position, personal interests. Introduced the life in EY to me. Got offer over the phone one week after the interview, but later the position was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• How to internal audit accounts receivable   1 Answer

Assurance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Interview

I was contacted by someone recruiting for the role and had several back and forth email exchanges before 'official' interviews began. There were 2 phone interviews and 1 Skype interview, generally one week apart. There was then one more Skype HR interview. An offer was made very shortly after the final HR interview, but the process from start to offer took about 3 months. They are very interested in making sure you are a good fit for them, and they are a good fit for you.

I was asked for some references fairly early on in the process, and well as a written statement regarding how I can see myself contributing to the firm. Other than that, it was a pretty standard interview process. Most questions were targeted to the actual role and balanced between hard skills/previous experience and personality/thought process.

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was emailed to set up a phone interview. Interview date and time was confirmed via someone in HR. The morning of the scheduled phone screen I was emailed directly by the Talent Acquisition manager who would conduct phone screen. She asked to reschedule. I sent her several times the following day that I would be available. She never contacted me again after that. I reached out a couple days later to the person who actually scheduled the phone screen and she informed me that the lady I was supposed to speak with would reach out to me directly. That never happened. I waited another week and a half thinking maybe she was really busy before reaching out again. Still no response. What a waste of time reading up on company and prepping for interview!

External Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

go through your resume first, then very basic and short questions just like normal interviews. why we hire, why do you want to apply this job. The pace is really fast. But it is very friendly. you need to prepare a lot of questions. Anyway, it is not hard. But you need to make yourself stand out.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview started on time, and interviewer was well prepared. Each interviewer stayed within the allotted time. There was no redundancy of questions between interviewers, and each interviewer allowed for interviewee questions prior to ending the meeting.

Interview Questions

• From a Federal Government consulting perspective, what do you feel is most needed in support of these clients?   1 Answer

Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

The interview process was long. The people were very nice but having multiple interviews on the same day can feel like a chore. The other difficulty was finding background information on the interviewers. Some of their LinkedIn profiles were minimal.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what kind of professional development I was looking for.   Answer Question