EY Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
2,155 Interview Reviews

2.9

Advisory Staff Interview

Campus Recruiting- EY came to campus and held interviews. Next step will be on site, case based interview. There is also a writing aspect to test writing communication skills

Interview Questions
    • Typical Questions- Why EY? Strengths and Weakness?
      Tell how you solve problems, manage your time, and work with teams
        Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

The hiring process took longer than I expected, but was a fairly simple process overall.

1) Reached out by an EY recruiter in the beginning regarding the nature of the position and a discussion of the type of work involved.

2) Next step was a phone interview with a Manager/Senior Manager about the practice in general, type of people they are looking for, and further in-depth discussion of the types of opportunities within the practice

3) Final part of the process was in person interviews, each lasting anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. It seemed to be purely a behavioral interview. As in, is this someone I would want to work with on a daily basis, especially late nights, and would they make a great impression on the client.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

The interviewer just went through my resume and chatted with me. Only few behavioral questions about leadership, teamwork. And we talked about how to solve team disagreement and what is the most difficult projects I ever had and how I came through. After this, he gave me some time to ask him about my questions about EY

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

I applied on the university recruitment system. There's a pre-night dinner before both first-round and second-round interviews. But the second pre-night dinner is more focused for the service line you are applying for and I actually sat next to one of the interviewers I interviewed with the second day.
    There is a case interview for the second round, in which you are provided a 6 pages technology related case and some basic data about the firm you are providing consulting service for. It was standard business case but it could be a tough round in such limited time frame (35-40 minutes) and without Google to help you. All other interview rounds are all behavior-based though.
    I heard someone were given coding problems, but mine were all behavior and get-to-know-you type of conversations. I guess it depends on the position type and interviewer's background.
    I got the offer the next morning of the second round, I was really surprised they responded this quickly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to your friend asking for help if you are already under some deadline pressure?   Answer Question
    negotiate on the deadline of accepting the offer

Business Advisor Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I got the first round interview on campus. It was an 1:1 interview. And they just went through my resume and asked behavior questions, such as my leadership experiences, difficult time in work, or why EY, why the position. The recruiters were very nice. Then, they sent me a writing assessment, and after that, I was invited to office for the second round interview including a case interview, which happened about two weeks after the writing assessment.

ITRA EXPERIENCED STAFF Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Here is my turn to post about my interview experience. Not to demotivate you guys but I had one of the most exhausting interview for this position. My first interview was with the Manager. It was a behavioral interview with many case scenarios.
    1) Tell us about a time where you had to step out of your comfort zone and got the issue resolved in your professional career ?
    2) Tell us about the time where you left a positive impact to the company you have worked ?
    3) As a Product Manager, do you think design of the product is more important or the market segment?
    4) Tell us about a time where you had a positive impact on the people professional/personal life?
    5) If there is a merger /acquisition happening between 2 firms then what are the important thing you need to address and how do you go about the whole process ?
    6)Tell us about the time were you had an issue with a non technical team and how effectively did you communicate the issue ? and did you get the issue resolved ?
    7) Tell us about the time were you have implemented LEAN initiatives in your organization?
    8) Tell us about a time where you have lead a team in a professional environment ? some challenges you have faced in that duration ?

That were some of the questions which I was asked. My interview was scheduled for 45 min but the Manager was so involved in the interview that it got extended by another 20 min.Interview with Senior Manager was very smooth because he was doing all the talking.
    I hope this post really help you guys in preparing for your interview. All the best

Interview Questions
    • Everything asked was based on the experience I had with the organizations I worked   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Second round of interviews was between a senior associate, manager, and partner. Most questions between associate and manager were behavioral. interview with partner was very laid back. After interviewing, I had to wait about two weeks before I got a rejection.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I applied through the on-campus website and in the EY website too. I got the first round on-campus interview and nothing unexpected. They will ask you to talk about yourself, basically going through your resume. Besides that, they will ask behavioral question, such as teamwork etc. Did not proceed to the second round interview.

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Applied through school. Got into first round interview. All behavioral questions. Very relax, like a conversation. I thought I did good in the interview, but wasn't invited to the on site interview. Good experience though.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a difficult communication with someone?   Answer Question

Technology Advisory Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Applied online through university's website. I was then contacted a week before on campus interviews. First round was one 45 minute behavioral interview. It was very easy and just conversational. Second round was in one location for all of advisory. There were three interviews. There were two easy behavioral interviews. There was also a case that was fairly obvious what the solution is. The question was about an international company operating on different ERP systems in each of its locations and what it should do.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question would be related to the case if you have no experience with information systems   Answer Question