EY

1,753 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Associate - Commercial Advisory Services Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – Resume and cover letter drop through campus career center. First round phone interview that was half behavioral and half market sizing. For final round, interviews for all offices held in the New York office with a dinner to meet people from the group the nigh before. Final round consisted of a group interview and two 1 on 1 interviews. For the group case, interviewees were given a packet of materials and given an hour to answer guiding questions and to prepare a 15 minute presentation to give to leadership. The presentation is then followed up by about 10 minutes of questions. The 1 on 1 interviews were part behavioral but mostly consisted of a market sizing question.

Interview Question – Group case could have been difficult if had poor group dynamics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received the offer the morning after the final round interviews. Was emailed the offer documents a couple days later and was given two weeks to accept.

Very Easy Interview

Audit Staff Interview

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Initial communications were through my university. The process was very smooth. Interviews consisted of one informal on-campus interview, followed by one office visit. During the office visit, the firm is really trying to sell you on what they have to offer and provide you with an opportunity to meet as many people as possible, so you get a feel fro the office and your potential colleagues.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Just questions like "why public accounting?" "Why EY?", etc.   Answer Question

DSG Tax Intern Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through school's website, after a few weeks a recruiter contacted me and conducted a first round interview. After the first round interview, an email was sent inviting us to their office where the second round interview was held. The interviewees includes both grad and undergrad students from multiple different schools. I arrived a bit late but the process is your host comes to greet you and introduce you to your interviewers. The interviews were with 3 different EY employees, Manager and up. Afterward your host took you out to lunch and you say your goodbyes.

Interview Question – There are many people interviewing right now, why should we choose you?
Tell me a scenario where you disagree with a group member
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary, happy with offer.

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting, interviewed two rounds. One on campus (1 interview + pre-interview reception), one corporate dinner and one office visit day (4 other interviews). Loved the company and the people.

Interview Question – Why did't you go back to KPMG after your summer internship recently?   Answer Question

Launch Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I heard about the position through campus recruiting. Also got my interview this way and was interviewed on campus.

Interview Question – Have you ever given someone criticism?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very professional and formal process. I liked the formality and thoroughness. They made me feel very important and comfortable. The actual interview process was somewhat cold and removed, though. They were more interested in technicalities than my personality and whether or not I would be a good fit. Some of the questions seemed like they were testing technical competence rather whether or not I would be a good fit.

Interview Question – Post-interview process very distant and removed. Nothing like the pre-interview process.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very laid back. I had done the ELP so I was already familiar with the recruiters (and they were familiar with me). My interview process was just if I had any questions and they simply prepped me for the office visit. At the office visit, we had a meet and greet with several staff at breakfast, an interview with a senior manager, lunch, then interview with a partner. I found out a few weeks later that I was offered an internship, and I accepted! From friends going through the interview process, I heard that the initial interviews (prior to the office visit) were strictly behavioral based.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you managed a team and things didn't work out as planned.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for interns.

Advisory Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Initiated via Linkedin message, 1 prep with HR staff, 3 behavioral interviews with Partners

Interview Question – Why do you think you are ready to be a Senior Manager?   Answer Question

External Audit Staff Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1. apply online through university career management website
2. apply on EY's website, the link is given by University
3. pre-night dinner organized by EY, sit with other candidates who applies same position and a alumni,
4. First round campus interview, with a senior manager (10yrs working experience)
5. Second round onsite interview with partner

Interview Question – just go through resume   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with an HR representative asking very basic information regarding previous jobs, salary expectations, current salary, etc. Week later phone interview with a Manager. It was in-depth conversation with some behavioral questions and some technical questions. They want to get a sense of whether or not you like this particular field and whether or not you would fit in their team. One day later HR rep scheduled a superday at the NY office. 6 1:1 interviews with managers, directors, and staff. Standard behavioral questions, but they really dug deep on technical questions. I couldn't answer most of the technical stuff because my knowledge and expertise is simply not up to their level, but they just want to see how you react to these types of situations. They are looking for enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Two weeks later I get a phone call from the hiring manager explaining that they liked me a lot and the feedback was very positive and they continued the job offer process for about two more weeks of filling out paperwork and various forms. About four weeks after I interviewed at the superday they email me the offer letter.

I went over and beyond with interview preparation and research. I honestly do not think I would have gotten this far without going at least 110%.

Interview Question – What exactly do you do at your current job? It appears you do little to no analysis with the model.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I assume the more experience you have the better your chances are, but EY is a very structured company so salaries at each level have minimums and maximums, so be prepared and you should expect what you deserve.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice. All 1,753 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.