EY

Updated Dec 15, 2014
2,338 Interview Reviews

2.9

Advisory Staff Interview

Campus Recruiting- EY came to campus and held interviews. Next step will be on site, case based interview. There is also a writing aspect to test writing communication skills

Interview Questions
    • Typical Questions- Why EY? Strengths and Weakness?
      Tell how you solve problems, manage your time, and work with teams

Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Campus Recruiting - Great interview. Asked many behavioral questions. Gave me scenarios and asked what I would do. There is a written component which is really east and you receive in an email a few days later.

SuperDay - This is your secon round of interviews. You go to the office where you would be interning. There are 3 interviews. 1: Basic interview. Ask same behavioral questions. Walk through your resume/experience. 2: Case study. Not that difficult. I would recommend practicing. Know how to work through a problem and think out side of the box. They want to see that you are capable of critical thinking. They do not necessarily care if you are right, rather they want to see how you attack a problem. Just stay calm and composed. 3: Last interview is geared toward how you would fit in EY. Scenario questions are asked as well as job specific questions.

Overall great experience. The entire staff at EY was very open to questions and the interviews made me fall more in love with EY.

Interview Questions
    • The case study is by far the hardest part of the interview process. Google EY Case Studies and look at practice ones. Also listen to the podcasts that they send via email.   Answer Question
    They do a phone offer, then an offial email.

Audit Staff Interview

There were two interviews. I was Asked personality questions. On campus interview was first and then second round office tour and interview pursued if they liked you after round one.

None

Risk Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

It took a two months between the interview on campus and then the on-site second-round interview. Very nice people, they email to say you got the first round and then they call to say you have the second round (a mail is sent with the information).
    The first round was an interview with someone from a random office, usually a senior or a manager even though its the first round. Then the second round is a breakfast followed by 3 interviews, one is with a partner, and the other two with managers. One of the three is a case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why Financial Services? What makes IT an interesting field for you?   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

I applied through career services and was contacted from an HR recruiter about 2 weeks after telling me that I was selected for a phone interview. I had my phone interview with a manager and was then invited for an office interview.

Interview Questions
    • None really. The phone interview was behavioral and the office interview was conversational.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

The hiring process took longer than I expected, but was a fairly simple process overall.

1) Reached out by an EY recruiter in the beginning regarding the nature of the position and a discussion of the type of work involved.

2) Next step was a phone interview with a Manager/Senior Manager about the practice in general, type of people they are looking for, and further in-depth discussion of the types of opportunities within the practice

3) Final part of the process was in person interviews, each lasting anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. It seemed to be purely a behavioral interview. As in, is this someone I would want to work with on a daily basis, especially late nights, and would they make a great impression on the client.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY.

The overall hiring process was very pleasant. I started by talking to several current employees on campus and was invited to a dinner with the recruiter, staff, and partners within the firm. Several weeks later, I spoke with them at the career fair and attended an information session. I applied through my campus job board and was invited for an on campus 1st round interview. The first interview only lasted 30 minutes and was mainly a conversation between me and the interviewer so he could gauge my interest. I was also asked to walk the interviewer through the SDLC.

A few days later I was asked to complete an online writing assessment that you are given 45 minutes to do. 2 weeks after that, I was notified that I was selected for a final round "megaday" interview. I was flown out to the office the night before. This consisted of 2 behavioral type interviews and 1 case study. The case was pretty straightforward and the interviewer was very helpful. Just make sure that you ask clarifying questions and walk them through your thought process. They aren't necessarily looking for the right answer, rather how you approach solving the problem. The day ended with lunch and a quick presentation from HR.

I received a verbal offer a week later and my official offer information by email a few days after that.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you add value to EY?
      You're an engineering student. Why do you want to be a consultant?
      How can you add value to the firm?
      Strengths/Weaknesses?

Answer Question

Technology Advisor Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Applied through Raidernet, got the interview request in about a week. I was asked why EY, if I had traveled much before, and for an example in which I experienced diversity.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Applied through school's job posting site. Then attended career fair 2 weeks later and met 1 senior associate and 2 managers. Was invited for an on campus interview a few weeks later. There was a pre interview dinner with associates and managers the night before--it was very laid back. On campus interview was about 30-45 minutes with a manager (she was at career fair and the dinner). It was all behaviors based questions related to group work. Got a phone call 1-2 weeks later saying I was invited for an office interview/visit. They put us in a hotel and had a dinner the night before the interview. The dinner was very laid back and at a partners house. The office visit started at 8:30am with breakfast and an introduction from the recruiters and a partner. Then there was a panel of 3 associates that answered questions. This was then followed by an interview with a manager, a senior manager, and a partner. All were conversational and just one behavioral question. They were each about 30 mins. Finally we were taken out to lunch and then brought back for a farewell with 2 partners that discussed EY.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you worked with a group member who didn't cooperate and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Through Campus interview. Then got on site interview. The pre-night was just with staff, the greeter may be presented. But no interviewers. The super day is 2 interviews and one staff panel. I am not sure whether the breakfast and lunch counts. I think the most important thing is still the 2 interviews. All behavioral and conversational. EY people are all really casual and kind!

Interview Questions
    • One of the partners think I have rich experience, so why tax? I had assurance related experience.   Answer Question