EY Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Multiple interviews with hiring manager and his supervisor, also HR. The process was thorough, there was travel to Houston to meet in person, something they probably no longer do, they'll probably video conference rather than incur the expense.

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in July 2014.

I originally bounced around from recruiter to recruiter within the firm to finally come to the advisory practice that i was most interested in. Everyone I spoke to was kind and very receptive. Eventually I was called into an interview with a manager, senior manager, and Partner. I clicked with each individual team member. Within 3 days I received a call extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were soft skills. Name the most difficult area that you tested and how you handled it from beginning to end.   Answer Question
    Always negotiate. Look at the benefits package and the salary. Get data from sites and most importantly your network from other big 4.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

recruited through on campus recruiting. attended several EY mixers and socials. had round one interview. pretty easy, mostly behavioral question. I advanced to the final round. Final round day I interviewed with 3 different people: senior, senior manager and a partner. all behavioral questions. they rely heavily on your GPA and base your technical understanding on the grades you receive in your accounting classes. the rest is all behavioral questions.

Audit Staff Interview

First a prenight session meeting with interviewer, get the chance got the name of your interviewer for the round 1 and do some research at home, first round pretty easy conversational interview, nothing special or tough, just express the true self.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the most difficult situation you've ever encountered   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

On campus interviews first. Usually 3 then bring you into the office for 3 more interviews then you get a call back if you got the position or not. Not to hard just be personable. Make sure to be prepared and to ask questions. Make sure its not just them talking the whole time. Keep your grades up and make sure you follow up after the interview with a thank you letter.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were behavioral and just find something in common with the person interviewing you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation your an intern

Business Advisory Practice Interview

Office Visit was very good. The managers and Partners were very down to earth and the interview was very engaging. It was very natural in conversation. There was also a lunch afterwards in which you can connect with current employees to learn more about the job.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult. run of the mill behavioural questions.   Answer Question

had a better opportunity

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in June 2010.

campus interview, on-site interview, written interview, and case interview
    Pre-interview dinners are important since you can personally meet your interviewer in advance of your actual interviews. All interviews are behavioral except for the case interview. However, the case interview is not hard. Prepare for it with a couple of case interview examples online and you should be ready.

IT On-Site Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Horrible experience interviewing with EY. Applied for an IT On-Site Support Specialist Job. Had a phone interview with the recruiter. Less then 24 hrs later I received an email saying they wanted to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager and his boss. Spent an hour talking to them on the phone. About a week later I received a garbled VM stating I would hear back by Friday with an answer. The next day I called to confirm what I had heard on the message, but the recruiter was out so I left a VM. Friday comes and goes and I don't hear anything so I sent the recruiter an email. No response. 2 more weeks pass and nothing, I send 1 more follow up email and never hear anything. At this point it has now been been almost 2 months since my initial interview. I send an email through LinkedIn to the head recruiter explaining that I was disappointed with the lack of follow up. Oddly enough a couple hours later I get a VM from the recruiter apologizing as well as an email. She said she had been busy but they decided to go with another candidate. A few weeks after that I was browsing the job sites and I saw the same position open again, I emailed the previous recruiter and said I was still interested if they were. At this point they brought me in for about an 1 1/2 hour interview where I was told the previous employee quit after 2 weeks. Anyways I thought everything went great, even was introduced to the folks I would be working with. Then about a week later I receive an email saying they were going to pass on me. Overall this was one of the worst job searching experiences I ever had had.

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

I was referred to this team from an internal source at EY. The recruiter did a phone screen with me which lasted about 20 minutes. I explained that I was happy with my current position at another firm, but I had interest in working for EY in the future.

The recruiter emailed me a few days later asking me to come to an interview day the next week. No job title, no further explanation. I wrote back asking if this was a formal interview for a position or it was an informational session for my benefit. The recruiter told me that it was a formal interview. I requested a job description, which I did not receive. I was contacted by EY scheduling dept to set up the interview sessions. I asked the scheduler for information about the job, and I did not receive this from her - although she was responsive to my email in general and professional. The scheduler arranged my interview sessions to fit my work schedule.

The morning of the interview I arrived at EY and signed in at the internal reception area for the TAS department. To my surprise and discomfort, there were two gentlemen sitting in the reception area as well who I immediately realized were there for the same interview. We sat with each other for several minutes until one of the interviewers (#2 on my schedule) came to pick up his 9am appointment. Then another EY interviewer (#3 on my schedule) came to pick up his 9am at the same time my #1 interviewer fetched me. The two "couples" rode the elevator in awkward silence together.

I don't know what happened to the other candidates after that, since I was placed in a "huddle" room and my interviewers cycled in for the next four hours. I met with two managers, one senior manager and the recruiter. The first manager was polite and professional. The second manager displayed poor interview behavior - checking his phone frequently, etc. He came across as condescending, but it's very possible that he just makes a poor first impression. He was knowledgable about the business. The senior manager was both personable and very experienced. He was an individual I would be delighted to work for in the future and the type of engaged professional that I expected to meet at EY that day. We had a thorough conversation about my background, and he explained that I was overqualified for the position they were currently hiring. I explained back that I didn't even know what the position was since I couldn't get an answer from the recruiter. I attended that morning because I felt it was worthwhile to make the introduction regardless of the current hiring need.

The final interview was with the recruiter who started this whole interesting process. He wanted to know my thoughts on the interviews and on whether I'd like to come onboard working for the senior manager. It was one of the most awkward parts of the day, and that's saying A LOT. I tried to focus on the positive in the situation emphasizing that there seemed to be a good match between my skill set and the team's scope of work. I couldn't give him a yes/no answer about the job on the table. I inquired about the number of female employees and senior managers/executives on the team. (I am also female.) The recruiter did not have this information but offered to find out for me.

The morning ended with the recruiter walking me to the elevators asking me to please let him know right away about my feelings on working with this team. The interviewers were going to be gathering for a decision right away - literally over lunch - so that those who had traveled could return home with the matter settled. The recruiter expected to know their hiring decision by the end of business that day.

I emailed both the recruiter and the senior manager later that day to thank them for the meeting. I did not make any overt statements in my emails about the position at hand, but I offered a continued professional contact based on the genuine match in niche industry focus.

I received no response to my follow up emails, and I have yet to hear back from this team or the recruiter at all.

Interview Questions
    • If a hedge fund client wanted to buy a belly-up development site in Florida that had mixed uses, how would you go about valuing the asset and developing a suggested purchase price?   View Answer

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Had an on-campus interview, during college career fair, with an actuary and was invited to super day in Chicago with 20+ other candidates for summer internship program. There were 3 interviews in total, (1 case study, 2 behavioral + informational interviews). Felt pretty good after the interviews. All interviews were with mangers and/or senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was the most tricky part. Had 5 minutes to read a 3 page document which was basically a proposal to start a rewards program for a credit card company. There was a brief 2 line mention of 'actuarial review required for the benefits...' towards the end of the document. The manager started the conversation by asking about those 2 lines (which I didn't get the chance to get to in the short time) and basically went on about it. It was tough, but I think I came through   Answer Question
    Got a phone call within couple of hours of the interview - was asked for location preference (NYC. Chicago, Boston or Philly)

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!