EY Interview Questions

2.9

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

I applied through college career center. The process took a week, and I was notified for an on campus interview. The first round was behavior by a senior manager. The process was very chill and way less structural compared other big four. They really just wanted to know you as a person. The second round was what they called superday. We were invited to Dallas for on Thursday following a reception, where you can meet all interviewers and other candidates. FOOD AND ROOMS WERE AMAZING! Before the interview started the second day, a partner talked to us about EY and MAKE SURE ASK QUESTIONS AFTERWARDS!!!! Then 2 behavior and 1 case study. I believe behavior interviews were more important than the case one, but make sure to demonstrate strong communication skills during the case interview. A shuttle will send you to airports afterwards.

Launch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

3 round interviews. 1 45 min. on campus (Johns Hopkins) and other 2 (45 mins each) in house (New York). Very smooth and fast, and HR was very friendly, both in Baltimore and New York.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interviewed on my university campus first. Two interviews, half hour each. Not too difficult, not really any tricky questions in this stage. Mostly just trying to get to know you and your resume. Then I interviewed at the office (New York), again 2 interviews. Since I was interviewing for an advisory internship one of these interviews was a case study and the other was behavioral.

IT Audit Staff Interview

Process was timely. Great experience overall for an interview. People were out going and friendly. All spoke highly of company culture. Seemed like a great place for the beginning of a career.

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

The most bizarre interviewing experience: initially the process was well organized but then fell off the rails
    - Round 0: Introductory call with hiring manager (I came in via referral)
    - Round 1 (week later): HR screen
    - Round 2: (3 weeks later) 4 interviews with partners
    - Round 3: (2 weeks later) call with a senior partner
    ... so far so good, both HR and business folks seem top notch and well organized, and I had remaining 2 rounds left... but then weird stuff began to happen. Hiring manager and HR folks would completely disappear, so I would chase them, they would commit to respond by a certain date and disappear again, and then I would re-start another cycle. Rather than business and HR folks communicating directly, they would repeatedly ask me if I heard from their internal counterpart or if I already had an interview?! Partners would literally beg HR to schedule the next round like it was some huge favor...
    - Round 4: (5+ months later!) finally, call with the more senior partner ... I shared details of all the nonsense and questioned him how I could successfully grow business in such environment. He was a bit defensive but pleasant, gave positive indication and promised to follow-up with next steps shortly... never heard from them again

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Applied online through university's campus recruiting website, got an email for an interview about a week later. My interview was held on-campus a week after that with a partner and a manager (two back-to-back interviews). I got my result a week and a half after my interview.

Emerging Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

Submitted application on EY's website as well as college career services website. Received a notification/email about interview and signed up for a time slot. Met the campus recruiter before interviewing and he gave a rundown of the company and answered our questions. Met with the interviewer and first he briefly talked about his background and working at EY. He didn't ask any behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, do you have any questions for me   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

It took months not weeks especially since I am a higher level manager with seniority. It was quite unprofessional, with monthly reminders, shifting priorities and starting the in person interview 20 minutes late. They systems are rigid and it took them over a month to reimburse my travel expenses. Glad I didn't join their team, they are extremely demanding and what we call a chew factory. There is no work life balance and they will take every advantage from their employees in time, financially and benefits. Many professionals I know that have joined, were promised positions and promotions and they dangle these over them continually without ever rewarding them once they have met their goals. During the interview process no one smiled, not even around the office. It was evident that employees were focused and mechanical. They weren't even apologetic about keeping me waiting. I spent approximately 15-20 minutes with each interviewer since they had double booked appointments, so it was very quick and rushed.(Disorganized)

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know about my current employers strategies, which is confidential and violates most NDAs.   View Answer

TAP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

1st round at school. 2nd round in Dallas. The first round was just behavioral on why EY, strength weakness, going through resume. 2nd round was networking dinner then interview next day. Interview was 2 behavioral and 1 case-study.

Technical Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Applied through campus. First interview took place on campus itself. Typical behavioral questions, and complete resume walkthrough. Please make sure you only write technical skills you have actually used, and are proficient with.

Tell me about yourself? What kinds of conflicts have you handled with team members? Conflicts with clients? Have you handled multiple projects together? Which skills have you used as part of your professional experience? Have you ever faced a high pressure situation? Would you escalate in case of a conflict?

Interview Questions
    • Conflicts with clients/co workers/teammates
      Team work related questions