EY

1,771 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Two back-to-back on-campus first round interviews that mainly focus on fit and one quick M&A case study. The second round interview, at least at the MBA level, is at the local office with candidates from multiple schools. These interviews were focused on simulating real-life client situations. I had 4 different interviews, one of which was in a group setting.

Interview Question – M&A Focused questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Emerging Leadership Program (Summer 2014) Interview

Toledo, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied this program 4 months ago after the job fair on campus. The recruiter called me and helped me set up a phone interview with one of the Senior Associate next day.... The interview was very laid back and lasted less than 30 minutes, the interviewer had lots of experience with the "Big Four" and she was very nice and patient. The interviewee asked me to introduce myself and asked a few questions about my past work and education experience, she also asked if I would like to continue for my Master degree and when is a good time to take the CPA Exam. Overall, it was a great experience, and I got a phone call from the HR two days later saying I was selected for the program. My recommendation for future candidates is to be confident, and be a good listener and ask questions at the end of the phone interview... Also, have some hand outs in front of you since you could "Cheat" a little bit during a phone interview... And make sure you send a thank-you note at the end of the day! I really enjoyed the recruiting process and learned a lot from our conversation.....Good luck to you all!

Interview Question – I have seen you participated other programs with other "Big Four" company, could you please tell me why EY?   View Answer

Tax Staff I Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details – Typical Campus Onboarding -- 2 Interviews based on resume

Interview Question – Very Standard -- strengths/weaknesses, behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non Existent

ITRA Staff Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I applied at my university's career search website. I was contacted soon in about a week to schedule an on-campus interview. I was also invited to a reception event which was organized closed to campus a night before the interview where I got a chance to meet with lots of people from EY along with a Senior manager. The interview included 15mins of case study and 30 mins of general conversation type interview. The case was pretty easy if you know how to handle it. They just want to see if you have any plan to handle it or not.

Received a call of an on site interview in about a couple of weeks which included 3 interviews(2Senior managers, 1 Partner) These interviews were pretty much like the one on campus. Never felt like I was being interviewed. They were so casual. I did my homework in the form of research, and preparation though. Don't expect to have a comfortable experience if you haven't prepared for the interview.

Interview Question – The business case was too long to read slowly/carefully in 15 mins. I had to read quick, and take notes fast.   Answer Question

TAS Senior Interview

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Built a model and sent to recruiter. Phone interview. On-site interview.

Interview Question – The excel question is really hard. The director asked me to move a column of data with blank rows among them to another column and take all blank rows out.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – First round interview on campus. Then office visit- everyone was very friendly. Know your resume inside out, and lots of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Know about your 150-credit plan.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – on campus interview, most of time just go through resume

Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Group discussion,Behavioral,HR, case based and then meeting the executive director.

Advisory Senior Manager Interview

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Has a very well structured interview process. Multiple people interviewing to take a final decision

Interview Question – What was the recent most challenging situation you faced ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was more about money and title

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter, didn't think it was a difficult interview. The recruiter asked a bunch of questions about my resume and working with groups. Make sure you can give an answer for everything you have on your resume. Also be prepared to give examples of how you overcame difficulties working in groups and how you had to exhibit leadership roles.

Interview Question – What is your favorite course and why.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice. All 1,771 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.