EY Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
2,667 Interview Reviews

2.9

TAP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Three interviews in a row, and two behaviors with one case study. The case study is more focus on business side rather than any specific calculation. And the behavior questions are just tell me a time when.... type of questions. People there are really nice to me, since I wasn't have much case study experience, the person kind of walk me through the case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you have to confront someone, tell me a time you work in a team and what was your position, Do you have any question for me, tell me a time you were being a leader.   1 Answer

QAS Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site interview (4 rounds). Phone interview had some resume questions, mostly technical (swaps pricing, regression). Can't seem to recall any challenging behavioral questions on the on-site interview, though technical questions like walking through option pricing, statistical models I've done, and some general chat.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

i got the first round campus interview. I felt I did well on the interview, but i did not get the on-site interview. It was very casual overall, nothing unexpected.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

Interview

First met with the recruiter had the typical interview questions.

Than went in house for 2nd rounds for interviews. Met with mostly partners and just had conversations no real typical interview questions. It was a great experience and learned a lot. Make sure to come in with intelligent questions and relax.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied throuh campus recruiting. First round on-campus one on one interview with an audit partner. It was laid back and conversational. Second round was on-site. Two interviews with a manager and a partner. All behavirol questions.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Washington, DC).

Interview

I apply through university's career center and got a interview days after. They hold a reception before the interview. On the day of my interview, they asked behavioral questions, questions about my resume.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview began with breakfast with about a dozen other applicants. Breakfast was followed by a general overview of the firm and then short presentations from senior staff members from the three main product line services (Assurance, Tax, Advisory). Next was two thirty minute interviews which were pretty casual and mostly personality based questions. Finally all the applicants were taking to lunch (Phillips).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult individual and how you overcame that difficulty.   Answer Question

Technology Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

General questions. Nice interviewer. Questions are basically based on my experience. And the whole process is just like a chatting to let people know what you've done and what you want to be in the future.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I got the interview by employee referral. First interview was a phone interview that lasted about 30 mins, basic questions about myself and situational question. Heard back a week later that I got a second interview - office interview with 3 different personnel - a partner and 2 senior managers. It's very conversational interview. Got a call a few hours later from a partner saying that I got the job.
    I got asked all three times: "Tell me about yourself" so prepare that real well, make sure that you make it personal, conversational and start off with some light jokes. I was really comfortable the whole time and the interviewers were really helpful. They made it all about you. Remember, they are human like us and they wouldn't want to hear something that too stiff. The one thing that I really remember is that they emphasized on you being a people person so make sure to show them that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Career path
      CPA eligibility
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Can you tell me about your experience with EY?
      What is your greatest achievement?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Interview

Applied online through university's campus recruiting website, got an email for an interview within the week. The interview was held on-campus a week after that with two back-to-back interviews. I got my result a week and a half after my interview.