EY Interview Questions

2.9

1,124 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was called through the college career website for an on-campus interview. The night before the interview, all candidates were invited to a dinner where we met with employees of EY and prospective interviewers. It was a networking event to understand the company culture and an opportunity to make a good impression with your interviewer before the interview. The on-campus interview was just simple behavioral. I got through to the next round of interviews (the infamous SuperDay) which happened in Dallas (ofcourse, they flew me there and put me up in a nice hotel room). We were invited to yet another reception dinner where we got to meet high ranking partners. The 3 interviews (one case interview, one behavioral, and one with an EY partner) were each 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a 6 page long case study to read in 15 minutes and come up with recommendations to a couple of questions (that were on the last page).   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

There are three round total. The first two are phone interviews, the last one is on site. Unlike other consultant interview process, there is no case interview. Before the last round, need to finish an online writing assessment (30 minute).

Interview Questions

• What is derivatives? Your biggest strength? Derive BS model   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Bronx, NY).

Interview

it was a very friendly process, just to get to know the interviewee better and to assess fit for the role. nothing out of the ordinary, everything was pleasantly well.

FSO Assurance Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round on campus interview was with a partner who was very welcoming and friendly. I had a great conversation with her and I got to the second round office visit. That interview consisted of three 30 minute interviews, one partner and 2 managers. The partner didn't seem like she had prepared anything at all to ask me, and it was an awkward 30 minutes of slow, pointless questions. I didn't feel like she cared to be speaking with me at all. I wasn't surprised that I didn't get the offer, even though the other 2 interviews went alright.

Interview Questions

• All basic behavioral questions, talk about team skills, overcoming challenges, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

First I had a phone interview from Chicago a Senior Manager .Was able to impress him .Main questions were related to Front/Middle/Back office. I was called for 1:1 interview to New York office , Times square.Total 5 rounds. 1st round: Manager 1 :He was ex-Navy person. Question were simple and we went through Trade processing. 2nd Round: HR round .was normal related to package and willingness to travel.If you are not willing to travel more than 50-80% Don't expect the offer. That's one of the main point.I was ready to travel not more than 20%. 3rd round: Manager 2: Cleared the technical questions related to Asset Management and how do you work with Operation for Trade related issues ? Whats you passion was one of the most important question ?Come up with a correct answers which suits you. 4th Round: Manager 3: Data models and use cases related to the project we worked on ? Reference Data question .How do integrate security, positions,analytic's ..e.t.c., Water fall and Agile models pros and cons. 5th round: Senior Manger.(Senior Manger was an technical architect.The questions were difficult related to windows IIS installation / Product installations on Unix server ) One of main point here too was don't join if you are not willing to travel.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with different teams across different regions ? How do you mange conflicts between team members ? Whats your passion ? ( I think I screwed the answer here .Gave a normal answer rather than my interests ).   Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview goes fairly smoothly and the interviewers are nice. Interview itself was easy and they focused a lot on behavioral. Two rounds of phone interviews with current staffs. Since I applied international program they interviewed me in Chinese and English

Technical Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY in July 2015.

Interview

I was referred to EY by a friend who works for EY. I then entered into the interview process and spoke with a recruiter about jobs at EY. Then, at the end of the conversation, she said that she would follow up will me in two days - but never did. Not very respectful to my friend who referred me to EY.

Account Support Associate/Project Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

The phone screening was fairly straightforward. The lady went over my resume briefly and said that she will be forwarding my profile to the next person. It took less than 15 minutes. 9 days later, I had a phone interview. The person spent the first 20 minutes talking about the position and then asked me a few behavioral questions. 19 days after that, I had an on-site interview. I met with two people back to back (30 mins each). They didn't spend any time talking about my resume. The first person even said "I've read your resume but its just a piece of paper. So, tell me about yourself." They told me about the position, what it would entail and what I could expect going into it. Both people were part of the executive team in that location. It was an honor to sit down with them and have that conversation face to face. I felt that the on-site interview went very well and was optimistic about getting a call. However, that wasn't the case. I got an email 15 days after the on-site interview saying that they had decided to go with somebody else. Even though the entire process from the phone screening to the rejection email took 44 days, they never asked for any references. That, I think indicates that they're not looking to hire you and have probably identified somebody else. I was also monitoring the job listing on their site. It was taken down ~25 days after my phone screening (before I even had the on-site interview). That makes me believe that they had identified somebody for that position before my on-site interview. Overall, everybody that I spoke to was very nice and humble.

Economist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY in July 2015.

Interview

The recruiters were so lovely! What a great HR department. However, the rest of the staff I interacted with once I had the green-light from the recruiters were a different story. What a bunch of D-bags! Sorry, but there's no other way to put it. When I interviewed with the actual team that was hiring, they were so disengaged that I almost interrupted to say something like, "Well, we can just end this right now if you don't have any questions for me or aren't interested in moving forward." Because they clearly did not want to be there! They had no questions prepared. They gave the vaguest non-answers to my questions. They were all sighs and silences and a couple of canned lines. And then, even though I was actually scheduled for 60 minutes (20 minutes with three different people), they said they were out of time. I really don't understand why they called me at all and I felt humiliated afterwards. It was as if someone somewhere was forcing them to call me . . . and they couldn't even bother to be polite or feign any level of interest. I guess I should be glad I wasn't tempted by an offer to go work with these people.

Interview Questions

• So, maybe just walk us through your background - I think that's how they started the interview. There really weren't any actual questions from them though!   Answer Question

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was emailed to set up a phone interview. Interview date and time was confirmed via someone in HR. The morning of the scheduled phone screen I was emailed directly by the Talent Acquisition manager who would conduct phone screen. She asked to reschedule. I sent her several times the following day that I would be available. She never contacted me again after that. I reached out a couple days later to the person who actually scheduled the phone screen and she informed me that the lady I was supposed to speak with would reach out to me directly. That never happened. I waited another week and a half thinking maybe she was really busy before reaching out again. Still no response. What a waste of time reading up on company and prepping for interview!