EY Internship Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through career services on campus. Had a pre-interview dinner the night before. Interview was 45 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions and some about my resume. The interview was with a senior manager at the office where I was applying for. Was asked to bring my transcript, but didn't end up looking at it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you were in a team and accomplished something.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

After attending the Emerging Leaders Program, I participated in a three round interview at the office for an internship. The interview process lasted half the day. Each interview was with a partner at the firm and lasted approximately thirty minutes. The interview process to be in the Emerging Leaders Program was more competitive and difficult than the interview for the internship. Afterward, they provided lunch. There was also a greeter at the interview who helped with more general questions. Finally, there was an office tour and the entire process was very beneficial and seamless.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a difficult group and how you responded to that.   Answer Question

Launch Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I heard about the position through campus recruiting. Also got my interview this way and was interviewed on campus.

Commercial Advisory Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university career site and was invited to do a 30 minute on campus interview. The majority of the interview was behavioral and she asked me to walk her through my resume. Then there was a short market sizing case study.

Interview Questions

• She asked what questions I would ask if I was working on this case. It was an analysis to decide if a company should buy another company.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through Campus Career Site. Was contacted by a recruiter and set up an on campus interview. Was very behavioral based.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position through my schools online job postings website and heard back from EY within 2 weeks. I was then invited to a networking event on campus followed by a single behavioral interview the next day. The first interview was very informal and conversational, they are really just looking to get to know you. Following the interview I was sent an email with a request to complete an essay. This essay was a random prompt and was required to be written in 45 mins. I heard back from them in a little less than a week and was told I was invited to interview at their office in New York. Their final round or "Super Day" consisted of a short presentation followed by 2 behavioral interviews and a case based interview. Once again the behavioral interviews were very conversational and enjoyable. The case was presented in written format for you to read followed by the interviewer asking questions or for your recommendations on the case. I then heard back from them 2 days following the "Super Day" and was extended a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: They really shape them based on how the conversation is going. Tell me something interesting? How do you make people agree with your idea? Case: Questions were written on Case. These were not used. Questions will be different depending on each case.   Answer Question

Interview

1. On campus recruitment - submit resume 2. Conversational interview on campus - the whole point was to see whether as a candidate I can get along with recruiter. We conversed about my extracurricular and traveling. 3. On site interview - two behavioral and one case (these are pending)

TAP Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

1. Thoughts about technology 2. Why EY 3. tell me about yourself 4. team work 5. a situation when you have to finish something you are not good at

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied for the TAP internship through my college recruiting website and I received an email, which told me that I was selected for the first round of interviews. There was one recruiter who talked with me for half an hour, and asked about my minor as well as my views on the benefits of technology. I was also asked some case study questions

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project you will be working on and how you will solve it.   Answer Question

Forensic Technology and Discovery Services/Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I went to an information session for EY consulting on my campus, which is how I got interested in the company. I looked on our career services page and found a number of their listings. I chose to apply to the position that seemed to fit best with my specific engineering major (information and systems.) I got the first round interview, which ended up being over the phone because the guy could not make it to campus that day. He asked questions about my resume and transcript and why EY and why his division. I got through to the second round NYC office visit. At the visit, there was a short presentation followed by a lunch where we sat down and met our greeters (people that walk you around to each interview and make you feel comfortable.) There were just two behavioral interviews with some very standard behavioral questions. These were in fact my first behavioral interviews ever and I did not feel properly prepared. Overall, they make you feel very comfortable and it was a good experience. The FTDS department is only about 5 years old and growing quickly. The people are interested in what they do, and I got the idea that everyone takes the recruiting process very seriously despite how busy they are.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing too technical and they did not present any case questions. I was thrown off by the question, "what is your greatest technical strength and greatest technical weakness?"   1 Answer