EY Staff Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.8

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I interviewed for their Emerging Leaders Program first, which I accepted and attended. After that I had an "in" for interviewing for full time. I can't stress how important it is to send follow up emails to people you meet and interview with. Don't be shy to ask them out to lunch, I had 3 lunches with some EY staff. I was invited to Megaday, where I had 3 interviews back to back (2 behavioral, 1 case). Not too difficult, just show genuine interest and be able to answer behavioral questions (tell me of a time when..) and it should go by smoothly. The case isn't too hard, there was little math involved but required reading about 8-10 pages of material and then discussing what you observed. Had the interview on a Thursday and got an offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you worked on a team or with a difficult person? How do you go about setting and achieving a goal? Where do you see yourself in 3 years? Why EY? Tell me of a time when you had to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

it was very casual, a few conversational interviews with no technical questions whatsoever. They flew me to the office i was to work in, put me up in a hotel, and everything.

Interview Questions

• What were your strengths and weaknesses? How do you manage stress?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Completely personal, no technical question. The interviewer was very down to earth and easy to talk to. The questions weren't difficult and pretty standard that you will see on the big four.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths weaknesses etc. What have you done to address weaknesses.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

1 On-Campus interview then a Super Friday with three interviews (2 partner interviews & 1 senior manager) interview. 1 Case interview along with 2 behavioral interviews. Interview process straight forward and similar to other Big 4 firms.

Interview Questions

• Describe past projects that you have worked on and the leadership role you played in these projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was quite easy. The questions were about the previous experience and the educational background. There were 3 separate interviews and one phone call before setting up the face to face interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Bronx, NY).

Interview

it was a very friendly process, just to get to know the interviewee better and to assess fit for the role. nothing out of the ordinary, everything was pleasantly well.

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egypt, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Egypt, AR) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very professional and to the point,the HR associate was very friendly and the interview questions was very simple,They asked about the background,education and previous work experience,then highlighting what affects you in your life and if you like reading ,knowing your personality as a general view

Interview Questions

• What activities i did in university?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their salary for the training period may be little but afterthat you will have a great salary and career

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview goes fairly smoothly and the interviewers are nice. Interview itself was easy and they focused a lot on behavioral. Two rounds of phone interviews with current staffs. Since I applied international program they interviewed me in Chinese and English

Staff Consultant Interview

Interview

The hiring process took a few months and included about 6 interviews. This took a long time since they had an issue with their location needs that was not resolved very quickly. Overall, they were pretty responsive and I ended up with a better position than what I applied for.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical behavioral and case questions.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

One senior manager, one director. Very relaxing. Ask some casual questions about my current position, personal interests. Introduced the life in EY to me. Got offer over the phone one week after the interview, but later the position was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• How to internal audit accounts receivable   1 Answer