EY

Average Difficulty
1,907 candidate interviews

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – First Round - Written Test

Interview Question – The test is simple but you need to compose your answer in a quick fashion   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Lead Analyst

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Got called up by the HR, 2 interviews, nothing very difficult, only included previous experience, pretty detailed though

Interview Question – None really, something about handling the team members and wen are we suppose to bring them to management's notice   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in July 2012.

Interview Details – rigorous and tough.. i applied as a fresher in the off-campus drive in bangalore. since the vacancies were too few, they first conducted an extempore round for checking communication skills. thereafter, there was a written test, consisting of questions on logical ability, english and basic programming concepts. after that, they had a GD round and then two rounds of interview, technical and HR. i reached till GD round.

Interview Question – couldn't get to the interviews, so, can't say.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Started off at a FInance & Accounting recruiting event at my school, I met all the recruiters and gave them my resume. From there, I was invited to my first round interview through an e-mail as well as an invite to a pre-interview social. After my first round in their office, I was invited to my round 2 interview with another invite to a pre-interview dinner/social. The 2nd round consisted of 3 interviews, all of them were 30 minutes each consisting of 2 managers and a partner. It was a full day process where we also had a tour of the office.

Interview Question – What would you say is one of your greatest flaws?   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Advisory Staff

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Very relaxed interview, open questions.

Interview Question – What´s the most valuable experience you can bring to our practice?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy negotiation; standard table of salaries and benefits for starting positions

Trainee Interview

Trainee

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Campus visits to Universities, where candidates are identified. They are then required to send in their CV's as well as academic transcripts, which is essentially scanned by HR to see who they would like to offer articles to.

Then those candidates are invited for a week program (BEP- Business Experience program) where they are given activities within teams, and are given exposure to the firms culture and its staff. The facilitators of this program then in essence have a continual interview with the candidates throughout the duration of the program. This information is feed back to HR, who then decides to offer the candidates which "fit in" articles.

If your not going to EY for articles, then the post is advertised, and applicants send through their CV's and based on the most suitable applicants, interviews are done, and the so called "best person" gets the job.

Interview Question – The usual interview questions etc
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years
What motivates you
Where have you demonstrated your ability to lead
What sort of qualities do you bring into a team
What are your shortfalls/weaknesses and what are you doing about them
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For articles, all trainees have a similar package ie no negotiating

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1st round - phone interview
2nd round - on-site interview with 3 SM or Partner

Interview Question – What's your weakness? Two of them asked the same question   Answer Question

Graduate Position In Consulting Interview

Graduate Position In Consulting
City of London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Interview Details – I must say I am very disappointed with my application to e&y. I have been very serious about applying to this company, I even applied the day that the recruitment process has opened. I have been through all the stages up to an interview and I have been told I will be contacted soon as interviews start on the 10th of September. Guess what, it is 10th today and I have not been contacted by them since the beginning of July...

Interview Question – I have been surprised with how easy their online tests were. Comparing to PwC and KPMG where I have also applied these were way easier.   Answer Question

Audit Senior Interview

Audit Senior

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – There are usually 3 steps. in the first one the candidate gets 3 assessments, (economics, written english and spoken english). The second one is an interview with some managers, usually two, and the final step an inteview with the partner.

Interview Question – Why are you applying for a position in Ey.   View Answer

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – there is an assessment centre day, you need to join for about 5 hours which includes the self introduction, group discussion, debate and individual interview. THe whole process is in English and will be assessed by the manager or senior manager in the firm rather than the HR person.

Interview Question – tell me something about yourself which is not on your cv   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!