EY

1,885 candidate interviews

UK Corporate Tax Analyst Interview

UK Corporate Tax Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Interview Details – 4 ROUNDS
Round 1 - free speech on given topics
Round 2 - email case study and draft written ,
Aptitude test on numerical , quantitative , verbal and excel skills and basic accounts
Round 3 - HR round
Round 4 - Technical

Interview Questions

• HR round -
    Why do you want to join EY ?
    Do you plan to do further studies ?
    Which role do you want , only specific or are you flexble for other roles ?
      Answer Question
  • Technical Round -
    What is a trial balance ? Why is it used ?
    What is a balance sheet ? Draw balance sheet
    From only a balance sheet how will you determine financial position of a company ?
    If you started a company how would you raise funds , bank loan or Equity and why ?
    What are fixed assets ? What is depreciation ?

1 tax question - Under which head of income to record rent received from house property , and under which head to record sale of house ?
      View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations as I was a fresher

Intern Interview

Intern
Norman, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through university career service. Couple days after I received interview notification. We had a group dinner at a restaurant then interview is the next day. EY hired about 2 out of 20 people.

Interview Question – Why you want to work for us   Answer Question

AUDIT SUPPORT ASSOCIATE Interview

AUDIT SUPPORT ASSOCIATE
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Interview Details – First there is a GD, than a interview and after that a one on one interview with the HR. The recruiting staff was friendly and was clear about what they want.

Interview Question – What does EY do ?   Answer Question

Quant Interview

Quant

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – one phone interview with hr. then on-site with four current employees in the group. nothing unexpected. interviewers kept the interview questions pretty related to my background and resume. interviewers with different functionality in the group, which seems to test where I should fit if I get selected

Interview Question – why EY   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews, with HR, Senior Manager and Partner. The entire hiring process was quick which happened in only two weeks' of time. The questions asked were fairly general and straight-forward

Interview Question – to comment on an actual business case   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Transfer Pricing Interview

Transfer Pricing
Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Interview Details – free speech- 4 topics were given . we have to speak on any one topic for 1 minute, e mail drafting- a case was given and we hhave to draft an mail on the paper, test - (aptitude, ms excel, accountancy, verbal ability, , hr interview, technical interview

Interview Question – why you rejected the offer in goldman sachs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

IT Audit Interview

IT Audit
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1. On-campus interview. Difficult to get your foot in the door otherwise (so I hear from other friends who have tried).
2. Office visits/ 2nd interview. Gives you a good feel for the office environment, staff members, culture, etc.
3. Offer

Interview Question – What two traits demonstrate leadership? How have you demonstrated these traits?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Other job offer from a firm that fit with me over EY.

U S Business Immigration Law Clerk Interview

U S Business Immigration Law Clerk
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process took exactly one month. Contacted by EY Recruiter beginning of May, set up phone interview. Waited 4 business days, had phone interview, did a written assessment. 5 days later, was invited to a panel interview, met with 3 managers (attorneys). They were really chill and down to earth. I wasn't nervous at all. A week later, a recruiter called to ask how the interview went and said they'll have a decision soon. 3 days after not hearing back, called back, and was offered the position (they claimed they wanted to have all the paperwork finalized before contacting for offer). After all, an extremely pleasant and speedy process.

Interview Question – None, but one did stand out: would you be willing to stay in the department for 4-5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Learning & Development Interview

Learning & Development

The process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Quite possibly THE worst recruitment process I have ever experienced.

Having submitted an online application for a role, I had an initial telephone interview (with the recruiter) which went well. A day later I was asked for my availability for a face to face interview. I duly provided this but heard nothing for three weeks - then an email asking again for availability. After another 2 weeks I received an email inviting me in for a f2f interview. I confirmed this was fine. A day before the interview was due to take place I received a call from the recruiter saying the role was being placed on hold for 3 weeks and so the interview was cancelled. No further explanation as to why but she advised she would be in touch in a few weeks to rearrange. I chased once but no response so gave up on that application.

Whilst disappointed and frustrated by this experience, I gave them the benefit of doubt and applied for a different role. I created my application in their online system - having completed a draft I exited the system leaving it in "draft" status and planned to return to it the next day to finalise and submit it. The next morning I received one of their automated rejection emails for that role - but I hadn't actually submitted my application! I emailed the recruiter who I had been liaising with for the previous role, querying whether this was an error and whether it was still worth finalising and submitting the CV. She passed the buck to a colleague who I emailed but never heard back from. Needless to say, I won't be applying to EY again!

It's seriously worrying that EY are in the business of advising other companies on talent & recruitment strategies when their own processes/procedures are beyond amateur!

Interview Question – Why do you wang to work for EY   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – EY interviews on campus for both their leadership program and for full-time summer/winter internships. After one round of campus interviews, you are invited to the office for a second interview if you pass the first one. I interviewed with about 4 different people at all different levels in the company, from senior managers to a partner. Mostly background info and getting to know you based on your resume. Not too difficult or strenous.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard- only a few behavioral questions such as a time you exhibited leadership skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – phone call shortly after finishing my interview; formal written offer came within several days and I had 2 weeks to make a decision

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice. All 1,885 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.