EY Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
1,990 Interview Reviews

2.9

VAT Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in July 2010.

online application, followed by language and logic test. Then there is a group dynamic with presentations and simulation of group activities. Then manager meeting and finally a meeting with a partner or partner level form applied the service line

Interview Questions
    • How to balance personal and professional life and goals   Answer Question
    normal

Internal Audit, Mumbai Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in August 2014.

Got call from placement agency.It was well arranged and propeely managed by EY team.It Had three Rounds HR,Technical and Partner Round.HR people were very supportive and friendly.Process took whole day.Interview process itself was worth experiancing.

Actuarial: Life Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY.

Applied late but managed to get through to AC after a competency based interview session. Group exercise and mock project were good. Good chance to get to know employees there. However, I was not particularly keen on Actuary and this showed in the Partner interview. However, I must say that EY were brilliant throughout the process - no negatives at all. Very professional and friendly. Would still apply again!

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview consisted of a one-on-one interview with a manager which was very much fit related questions (strengths/weaknesses, talk about a time..., goals in 5 years, etc). Was invited to a Partner interview the next day which was the same sort of conversation and one or two questions beyond a graduates capability - think it was just to see how I would operate under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • As it was an FSO interview, I was asked how to price an interest rate swap. I waffled some answer together about discounting cashflows. The Partner informed me he was unsure too and was just curious to see my response :)   View Answer
    None

Vacation-tax Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY.

The assessment centre was relatively relaxed and the interviewers were really friendly and honest about the work they do. The group interview involved a case study that was quite challenging, so make sure you keep watch of time and try to absorb as much information as you can.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

On campus interviews first. Usually 3 then bring you into the office for 3 more interviews then you get a call back if you got the position or not. Not to hard just be personable. Make sure to be prepared and to ask questions. Make sure its not just them talking the whole time. Keep your grades up and make sure you follow up after the interview with a thank you letter.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were behavioral and just find something in common with the person interviewing you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation your an intern

Business Advisory Practice Interview

Office Visit was very good. The managers and Partners were very down to earth and the interview was very engaging. It was very natural in conversation. There was also a lunch afterwards in which you can connect with current employees to learn more about the job.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult. run of the mill behavioural questions.   Answer Question

had a better opportunity

Assistant Director Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

A lot of promises were made upfront of what the role would entail but later realised they were not practical for the team or not realistic to setup due to lack of resource/time.

Interview Questions
    • How old are you and how come such an attractive person not be married   Answer Question

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in June 2010.

campus interview, on-site interview, written interview, and case interview
    Pre-interview dinners are important since you can personally meet your interviewer in advance of your actual interviews. All interviews are behavioral except for the case interview. However, the case interview is not hard. Prepare for it with a couple of case interview examples online and you should be ready.

ACA Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

The initial application was long and structured but easy to navigate through. If you make it through the application stage you're called to complete an online competency test. The next stage is a HR interview and then partner interview. For me, the process took less than two weeks from applying to being offered a position. I've heard it can take longer though

Negotiation not possible.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!