EY

Updated Feb 27, 2015
2,493 Interview Reviews

2.9

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2014.

The interview process was very rigid, the interviewer simply read questions off a piece of paper and didn't offer any probing questions.

The interviewer didn't seem to be actually listening and I don't think she cared too much.

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Applied through school's recruiting website, first round interview was easy, but I think the interviewer was too tired so that he didn't pay much attention to my answer...(I was in the last interview for a day)

Good Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY in May 2012.

The interview process was average, primarily questions were about your experience, loads of case studies. They check are you the right fitment for the organization. And if you have a big four experience the process becomes much simpler.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at EY in March 2013.

Five face to face and 1 telephone interviews over a six month period. Mainly skills based questions and ones around team fit. The process lacked coordination and hade huge gaps between each stage. Nobody seemed to know what was happening. Somewhat surprising for a company of this size and stature.

Interview Questions
    • Technical skills related to the specific industry of the role   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

I got this interview through an internal referral. I think I did pretty well in the first phone interview, because I got an invitation to visit the office over the phone before we hanged up.

The office interview overall was great to me. The partners I talked to are really nice and are willing to share their stories. The interviews were casual and conversational. We discussed various of topics, such as hobbits, traveling, and past internship experience etc. But I did not receive an offer that time. I guess pretty much it was because I did not know what to expect the time when I visited EY, since I did not really have much interview experience. Other than that, I enjoyed my visit in EY a lot.

IT Risk and Assurance Senior Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Lengthy from start to finish - I had never seen a process more arduous. It took 6 months and 8 interviewees to get to the final results. The team was unimpressive to me, as they showed up late to work and had over booked their interviews simultaneously. As a experienced professional their approach was chaotic. During the interview process they tried garner some confidential information on my company's current processes, while that was a mediocre attempt, I was obligated to decline providing any details that would compromise my agreements and ethics. Overall I don't think they are a fit for me, nor I for them. As a follow up, they even took a long time (over 30 days) to reimburse me for my expenses, citing they had system failures and all that. I guess for a Big 4, they are a big disappointment. Systems are rigid, processes are slow and they fail to impress.

Interview Questions
    • What area of security should there be a focus on moving forward?   Answer Question

See above, very collegiate not entrepreneurial, too chaotic and rigid in their processes.

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2013.

Recruiter calls with basic HR related questions and schedules technical interview. A senior manager called for technical interview and asked from specific pointers in the resume. Face to face was arranged by recruiter in another city. There was a lot of candidates. I was interviewed by two senior consultants and a senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • Provide some examples of work done at a lead level as well as what all entails in a custom object creation.   Answer Question

Obtained another convenient opportunity

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I received my interview through on campus recruiting. It was short and conversational. My interviewer was easy to talk to and not intimidating. We started out talking about the weather and then about myself and then himself and then casually mixed in interview questions. One thing I can say is that it might pay to get an early interview time. I had exams and couldn't attend my interview until later in the day and my interviewer seemed tired and less interested that he should have been.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to juggle multiple tasks at once and how did you perform?   Answer Question

I had another offer that was more appealing.

Corporate Finance Restructuring Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

Great and get to interview with directors even for the first stage interview. Directors are all very nice. It starts with a 1:1 interview with assistant director. If you pass then there is an assessment centre with group exercise, tests, report writing, and interview with director and partner. The content of the group exercise and report were pretty standard, could find everything online.

Executive Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at EY.

gd FOLLOWED by appti then hr , technical, manager round. Gd was just a basic topic followed by apptitiude. appti consists of basic ac, verbal, numerical. u will be given just 60 minutes to complete 60 questions