EY Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
2,667 Interview Reviews

2.9

BAP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Interview

applied through campus recruiting
    interviewed by an alumni
    very friendly and quite casual on campus interview

case question at the final round
    it was not easy but people who are prepared for case will definitely feel better
    I didnt get an offer, but generally a good experience

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2011.

Interview

Writing test at first. I was given a topic about trading in hk and 30mins to write an essay.
    If success, will be arranged an one to one interview with manager. After that, one to one interview with partner.

Audit Associate Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online submitted all relevant certs together with cv n resume. Within a week received an email from HR manager asking when is the best time to contact with me. The next day received their call and did a phone interview. Everything went smoothly, questions were mostly on behavioral questions and probed on more information on top of my resume. HR manager sounds interested caused my qualification meet their requirement and told me that another face interview to be arranged soon if everything goes well and asked me when I will be free.

However, it's been two weeks since the phone interview, I have receive neither emails nor calls from them. I tried to follow up by sending two emails but no reply. I assume that maybe the manager was busy with other events.

I don't understand why they can't let the candidates know whether their applications are rejected or still under pending but to let the candidates assume themselves that they have been rejected and not wait any longer.

Training and Developlemt Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed interview during which the head of the department went through the CV and asked questions based on the CV. E.g. " i see you have done this and that, can you tell me more about it?", she will also tell you more about job and ask for your level of acceptance.

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (Auckland (New Zealand)).

Interview

Application via the online portal, then an assessment centre.

Assessment centre comes in three parts:
    1. A tour of the office
    2. Interview w/ a partner and a executive director
    3. Group exercise of around 4 people in each group

There were two assessment centres, and they hired around 60% of the people that attended.

Interview Questions

• General questions - Why do you want to work for EY? Where do you see yourself in 5 years' time?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY (Ithaca, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume through campus career services. Got an on-campus interview notification in just a few days. The interview was one to one and lasted about 30 minutes. Basically it went through my resume, discussing the projects I did and how was the team dynamics in these projects. The interviewer was very nice and friendly.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Mumbai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Written Test of an Essay on Six Sigma (Topic will be of your choice or your field), Technical Interview about JD and Final interview with Executive Director. Company is very nice only problem I created was not giving a final round well which costed me a job at EY.. If you are well prepared about JD and your abilities .. job will be yours.. I couldn't seal the deal.. I hope you get it

Assurance Scholarship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1) Application
    2) Psychometric and situational strength test
    3) Interview: 1on1 with a very nice interviewer, it was very conversational however there was still a schedule to go through of an overall 16 questions to answer to
    4) Assessment Day: We got there and they offered us breakfast. Afterwards they divided us in groups and we had a group exercise, afterwards a written exercise, both had a 40 minute allowance. Finally a psychometric test which in my opinion was hard but nothing impossible if you were prepared.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths ?
      How do you solve a problem ?
      Give an example of how you worked in a teamwork ?
      Describe a day of in your life.
      Tell me what you know about assurance?
      Do you know any example of EY assurance work?

Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2015.

Interview

This was a very laid back interview. I have been to previous networking events so I knew who the person was that was interviewing me which made it even more personal. He ran through my resume and asked me things he thought were interesting so I advise you know your resume like the back of your hand. Then I was asked why I am interested in EY and the consulting industry (because I am an engineer). This was followed by a behavioral question, (Name a time you had a conflict with someone when working as a team and how you overcame it). I was applying for the NYC location and was not extended an invitation due to limited occupancy, but they are calling me a 'top candidate' and because of that I have been invited to private events on my campus and was just invited to a half day visit of the NYC firm this summer so do not give up if you do not get an invite to the ELP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Run me through your resume.
      Why are you interested in EY and professional business services in general as an engineer?
      Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone when working as a team and how you overcame it.

Answer Question

Human Capital Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was fairly quick. Was first invited to interview by phone, which was fairly casual with basic behavioral questions. Was then flown out to interview on site. There were no case interviews, all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Why human capital consulting?   1 Answer