EY Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
2,105 Interview Reviews

2.9

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in June 2014.

Was quick and greeters were very pleasant. Be prepared to talk about the company and also about know what is on your resume. Most of all be very personable.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult question. They want to see personable people   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

It is a conversational interview, the partner asked for the information which he wanted to know very randomly, barely behavioral questions. And there is another round of manager interview, which contained more behavioral questions and walking through the resume.

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Friendly interview, and great dinner afterward. They were very welcoming and the interview went over the basic questions (Give me a time when...). They do not make you nervous at all.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to deliver bad news to a person   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Two interviews. one is on campus the other is on side
    The on campus one is pretty causal, just make the interviewer know you better. The on side one is pretty stressful. Two interviewers, back to back, asking very detail questions about any kind of things. Also went through the resume as well. But I don't think they really care about what you answers are. At the first 30 seconds, they have decided NOT YOU.

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

2 x 30 min back to back interview
    30 behavioral - biggest challenge, team conflict, how to apply my background with consulting.
    30 min case study - outsourcing or expand existing capacity.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Rounds of testing and standard application form followed by a competency interview. During this interview they ask you to give examples of when you have displayed their core values. If you pass this you are invited to an assessment centre.

During assessment there is more testing on numerical and logical questions, followed by a group case study where you expected to read and analyse data to come to a conclusion as a group.

If you pass this you are then given a final interview by a partner. This is largely less formal, but still pressured.

Interview Questions
    • How do I know you won't get your qualification and then leave.   Answer Question

Business Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Applied through university career website and EY then got an invitation for an on-campus first round interview in addition to an online writing assessment where I had to write a reflection about a random topic. The interview was all behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult, the interviewer went through my resume and asked a bunch of questions regarding teamwork and how I handle conflicts in a team, and why I was interested in Advisory. The interview lasted for around 45 minutes and was more of a conversation rather than questions thrown at my face. I guess I did not radiate enough passion about the job.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

the total process took more than a month and still it is not completed,
    i went in for a Walk-in interview at ernst & young bangalore -india, it took some 5 or 6 hours total, there were around 100 people, most of the candidates were really competitive, and were filtered through GD, english language test, aptitude test and accounting test.
    These tests were the toughest yet i have faced, because of the difficulty of question and more importantly the strict adherence to time limits by hr people.

Interview Questions
    • first was GD/public speaking, english language communication test, aptitude test, accounting test, got through them all and is now called for next round.   Answer Question
    didnt negotiate

Risk Advisor Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Submitted application through On Campus Recruiting portal. Received an invitation for an in person interview on Campus. Met with a Managing Director who asked a good mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a client asking you about a topic you are not particularly knowledgeable about?   Answer Question

Tax Accountant Interview

scan my resume and ask questions. The interviewer asked me a very pointed question about one of my past experiences listed on my resume. It had been a while since I'd thought about this particular line item, so I struggled to give