EY

Updated Dec 18, 2014
2,346 Interview Reviews

2.9

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

First round interview was pretty easy. The partner just talked about recent news and why I choose accounting. I really had a good impression on EY because the pre night in our school was so huge and people I talked to were so nice. But the second round interview was just DISAPPOINTING. HR set two senior associates to interview me and I can feel during the interview process that both of them did not want to talk to me and just wanted to get back to their work. I got the rejection letter two days later. I don't think I deserve the rejection letter and was unqualified. (being told I have a great personality by other people, got 3.8 GPA and plenty of working/internship experience) I was really disappointed that EY does not pay that much attention to interview candidates (only two senior associates for second round? really?). If you do not have any experience people to do the interview, then don't invite people down to NYC for second round!

Internal Business Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in December 2014.

I applied to this position posted on LinkedIn. After few days, I received and email from a HHRR assistant inviting me to an interview the week after.
    The day I had the interview, I arrived to their office as well other 9 persons did at the same time. We were all contacted to a group interview for the same position, not warned before that would be a group interview.
    The meeting lasted 90 minutes aprox. On the meeting were 4 managers of EY; 3 of them asked every candidate 1 or 2 questions about their experience and interest on the position.
    Also, we had a short questionnaire were 4 situations were described and we had to take actions about each one. These questions demanded lateral thinking among financial basic knowledge. We had 15 minutes to respond. After that, we reviewed the cases and looked for the correct answer with the lead of the managers.
    Couple of days after, 2 or 3, I was advised that I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the interview, we were asked: which one you think is the toughest and weakest competitor here for you on this application?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

It was a very easy interview with brainteasers that are quite easy. Did recieve an offer but i decided not to accept it since i got a better oportunity at another employer which pays way better

Financial Management Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

I had three interviews with EY: phone interview with internal recruiter (early Sept), phone interview with FMA manager (mid Sept), and skype interview with regional manager (early Oct). My final interview with EY ended with the regional mgr considering me for a higher up position within the company. I followed up three times thereafter, and never received a definitive response as to whether or not they'd hire me. They still have yet to call me back. A HUGE waste of my time, and extremely unprofessional!

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions: why do you want to work for EY? Strengths/Weaknesses? Describe a difficult situation you were in and how you resolved it. Why would you be a great fit?   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Had 4 rounds in total.
    1. communication round. They give u 4 topics and u have to pick one topic n speak about it fr 2 mins.
    2. Aptitude round. Contains 60 questions and an email writing. 20 questions each from English Arithmetic and accounts.
    3. Hr round. Basic hr questions.
    4. Technical cum managerial round. This s very important.

Tax Vacationer Interview

I went through the Sydney Career Compass Program and was given the chance to apply early for the Vacationer Program. I was accepted to the Assessment centre, which consisted of an individual one hour interview with a Partner and Senior Manager, and then a group activity which was overseen by a few staff members. The group activity isn't challenging or technically difficult, it is really designed to test how you work in a team, and your critical thinking processes.

Interview Questions
    • What is one major world event you have heard about in the news that you think would affect a business like EY?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in November 2014.

It takes one on campus interview and one onsite interview. First round on campus interview is basically about the research and one simple brain teaser. On site interview with 4 manager level people. All about basic quant knowledge, statistics. The Job is for QAS office in New York locations and client based works. Most of the clients are CB and IBs.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

It took few weeks to get an interview. I had it with the two managers of the department. I did not have the impression that the two managers were well prepared and were not really interested in me as a person. It was a very technical interview and they mainly wanted to know what I like about their company. After that, they started with brainteaser.

TAP Advisory Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

First is on campus interview, and final round in New York. One case interview and two behavioral interviews. One of the recruiter is Indian, take me time to understand his accent, and I think I did poor job on case interview. It is nice to talk with partner, very comfortable, very nice.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are fair, and some are really hard and pushy   Answer Question

Scholarship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

One interview at the end of the application process.
    Interviewer went out of his way to be calming and friendly.

It's a strength based interview.

Answering generic interview questions in advance was of good help.

Interview Questions
    • Citing a recent situation in which you felt there was no possibility of a good outcome, how did you manage to turn it around and achieve a good outcome, using your skills?   Answer Question