EY

1,754 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisory Staff Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with an HR representative asking very basic information regarding previous jobs, salary expectations, current salary, etc. Week later phone interview with a Manager. It was in-depth conversation with some behavioral questions and some technical questions. They want to get a sense of whether or not you like this particular field and whether or not you would fit in their team. One day later HR rep scheduled a superday at the NY office. 6 1:1 interviews with managers, directors, and staff. Standard behavioral questions, but they really dug deep on technical questions. I couldn't answer most of the technical stuff because my knowledge and expertise is simply not up to their level, but they just want to see how you react to these types of situations. They are looking for enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Two weeks later I get a phone call from the hiring manager explaining that they liked me a lot and the feedback was very positive and they continued the job offer process for about two more weeks of filling out paperwork and various forms. About four weeks after I interviewed at the superday they email me the offer letter.

I went over and beyond with interview preparation and research. I honestly do not think I would have gotten this far without going at least 110%.

Interview Question – What exactly do you do at your current job? It appears you do little to no analysis with the model.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I assume the more experience you have the better your chances are, but EY is a very structured company so salaries at each level have minimums and maximums, so be prepared and you should expect what you deserve.

Tax Staff Interview

San Francisco, CA

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Three interviews. One partner and two senior managers. Mix of behavioral based questions with general conversation. Lunch with a couple staff members.

Interview Question – How would you respond if one of your coworkers wasn't pulling their load with a project?   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – A manager from IT advisory interviewed me. Mostly behaviour questions. It lasts about 30 min.

Interview Question – Are you an analytical person?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – 1st round: on campus, with a senior person in a similar position. 45mins. Basic behavioral/experiential questions. Non-technical.

Final Round: 3 back-to-back interviews in their Alpharetta office. The first interview was with a current business analyst, second was with someone in a different department who is non-technical, and the third is with someone with a much more technical background. He/she will ask hard questions. They weren't hard in the sense that they were thought provoking, just ambiguous and poorly worded. There may have been somewhat of a language barrier.

Interview Question – "Please tell me what you can assume about this situation... You work for the only bank in a state and you are trying to figure out how many ATMs the bank should implement."   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initial Interview about experience, education, other positions held

Interview Question – Would you move to Europe for a permanent position   Answer Question

Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – on -campus interview

Interview Question – give me an example that shows you did sth in a creative way; how do you manage your time   Answer Question

Advisory Intern Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting an initial phone interview, then final round in office. Consisted of three 45 minute interviews two behavioral and one case.

Interview Question – Case interview SWOT analysis of a companies risk profile   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

FSO Assurance Staff Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied to this job online and heard back from the recruiter, who scheduled a phone interview for me, with one of the managers. The interview was mostly behavioral, the manager mostly asked me about why I wanted this position and how it relates to my personal interests and goals. He also asked me about my past work experiences as well as experiences in school (basically stuff from my resume).

About 3-5 days after the phone interview, I heard back from the recruiter, who said I advanced to second round interviews and they would fly me to their office location. They paid for flight, hotel, and compensated for taxi fare and any other charges incurred.

About 3 days prior to the interview, I got an email asking me to complete a writing assessment. It asked me what qualities I had that lets me be a good team player, and gave me 45 min to write a one page essay. It was a very easy prompt, I finished just on time.

For the in person interviews, all the candidates had 3 interviews, lasting 45 minutes each. One was a case, and two were behavioral. I was interviewed by one partner, and two managers (I think). One of the managers gave me the case...it was very conversational, it was almost as if we were working on the case together. She gave me 15 minutes to read the case and then asked me some questions about the case. She was very friendly and told me not to be nervous about it. My interview with the partner was such a positive experience--it really made me want to work for EY even more. It was very fun to talk to him, nothing nerve-racking about it at all--he was super super friendly and a very good conversationalist. About 2 days after my interview, I got a call from the recruiter saying that they wanted to extend me the full time position!

Interview Question – What are ways, in a M&A, that we can protect customer privacy? (Case interview)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the recruiter basically just told me what they were offering me. I assume the salary was standard.

TAP Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. The first was on campus and the second at EY office. The first was all about my resume. The interviewer asked me a questions based on my resume. After the first interview, I was called for the second interview at their office which included a case and 2 resume based interview.

Interview Question – The case was a bit tricky. I had to explain my reasoning first before trying to answer the case   Answer Question

Transaction Tax Staff Associate, TAS Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, followed by a phone interview, followed a few weeks later by in-office interview with four partners. After our interviews, a few junior associates took two of us to lunch. I didn't get an offer but everyone I met was incredibly professional, kind, and helpful.

Interview Question – It was all just "getting to know you" type questions. I think the most "challenging" question was, "what's your favorite code section?" All very straightforward.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY