EY Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015
3,079 Interview Reviews

2.9

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 in person interview (5 interviewers). Interviewers included Partners, Senior Managers and Managers. Questions related to both technical knowledge & skills and behavioral aspects. At the Analyst level, the interview process was not too stressful.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was very smooth. They interviewed on campus, then brought people in for super days at the office. The super day consisted of 3 interviews - 2 behavioral and 1 case study. Everyone I met was very nice and excited for the applicants to be there. They place you with a recent hire to take you to each interview, which helped ease nerves and make the transitions run more smoothly. They followed up about a week after the super day with a phone call to tell me about the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Behavior questions. Four round with about eight people from recruiter to partner. Technique questions will be with some managers and senior managers. The hotel they booked is very nearby and very comfortable and the recruiter is very thoughtful.

Interview Questions

• technique and behavior questions   1 Answer

Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Interview was through their Emerging Leaders Program. I had a positive experience. They were very helpful and interviewer was a nice guy. Just make sure to come prepared with questions because the interviewer usually leaves time at the end for your questions and it can really turn your interview around

Interview Questions

• Do a SWOT Analysis on the case study What are some IT issues? Overall, the interview was pretty friendly. Make sure to make conversation after the interview!   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Low stress compared to others, case interview is very easy - does not require preparation; several initerviews with partners and other leadership, they essentially make the final decisions. Make friends with people from your alma mater and your life will be much easier

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

There are three round total. The first two are phone interviews, the last one is on site. Unlike other consultant interview process, there is no case interview. Before the last round, need to finish an online writing assessment (30 minute).

Interview Questions

• What is derivatives? Your biggest strength? Derive BS model   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I first applied on my Campus recruitment website for EY's Emerging Leaders Program. I then had one on-campus interview with a staff member. All behavioral questions. Don't forget to cater your answers so that you are highlighting your skills that are also important to EY.. Then, I had two in-office interviews. One with a manager and one with a partner. The partner's interview was a little difficult because she just wanted me to ask questions. No behavioral questions were asked. After my interviews, there was a one-on-one lunch with a staff member. Overall, it was a great experience. Everyone I interviewed with made me feel so comfortable. I heard back within a few days that I was offered a spot for the Emerging Leaders Program. Since I am interested in Advisory, in order to be offered an internship offer after the Emerging Leaders Program I needed to have a case study interview. I was the most nervous for this but it was not at all like I feared. You are given a case to read and then you talk about it with an EY employee. They really try and help you relax and think out the problems/solutions. I actually really enjoyed the case study. I got a call the next morning offering me the internship.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Bronx, NY).

Interview

it was a very friendly process, just to get to know the interviewee better and to assess fit for the role. nothing out of the ordinary, everything was pleasantly well.

Advisory Services Consultant Interview

Interview

You started with a phone screening with the recruiter. Recruiters will discuss what you want in your career path and evaluate whether you are a fit for the positions they are looking for. Then they would let you know whether they would like to proceed to next step. If you get to the next step, you would get to meet with a Senior who would greet you during the interview day. (Note: the individual is evaluating if you are a good fit or not even though it is an unofficial opinion) Then you would interview with at least 2 Senior Managers (maybe a combination of 1 Manager and 1 Senior Manager depending upon the position they are looking for). Then the last round is to meet with the partner of the practice. The interview questions are all behavioral questions about the practice you are applying for. "What would you do if ABC happened? How would you handle this situation?" The tips are you need to be customer-oriented and try to address "HOW" you would handle things. There is no right answer. It is all about how and why you would do things in a certain way or differently.

FSO Assurance Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round on campus interview was with a partner who was very welcoming and friendly. I had a great conversation with her and I got to the second round office visit. That interview consisted of three 30 minute interviews, one partner and 2 managers. The partner didn't seem like she had prepared anything at all to ask me, and it was an awkward 30 minutes of slow, pointless questions. I didn't feel like she cared to be speaking with me at all. I wasn't surprised that I didn't get the offer, even though the other 2 interviews went alright.

Interview Questions

• All basic behavioral questions, talk about team skills, overcoming challenges, etc.   Answer Question