EY Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
1,966 interviews

2.9

Tax Staff II Interview

Applied online. IQ questions first. Critical writing questions and then interview with manager. Then interview with Partner. two weeks later received a letter from HR. No negotiation on salary or benefit, everything was set. Sign contract one day before first day of work. three months probation. first month is training then start working.

Business Support Center - Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

After applying on the website, I was scheduled for an 'over-the-phone' interview with an Experienced Hire recruiter. She was fantastic, gave me advice on how to proceed with the in person interviews - great tips and advice. After I passed that hurdle, I met onsite at the Cleveland office and interviewed with two managers whom this position reported to. The interviews consisted of a mix of work experience mixed with situation scenarios. The situation scenarios where questions posed as "have you ever been in a situation where...". There were many questions regarding my resume and experience - asking questions regarding the depth of my experience and how would play into this role.

Interview Questions
    • The many "have you been in this situation" questions were difficult because of the sheer amount of them. I felt as though I was repeating examples over and over.   Answer Question
    Straightforward.

Transaction Advisory Services Business Valuation Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Applied through the campus and received an interview. First round was a phone interview majorly behavioral. Second Round was in their Houston office where there were 5 interviews and then a lunch. The interviews were majorly behavioral as well as technical. ASked us basic questions on Valuation: How to do a DCF, find CAPM, and a bit on the projects in the resume.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Applied online through my school's job site. One on campus interview, almost entirely behavioral questions and relaxed conversation. Then two in office interviews with managers and a partner. Both interviews were similar to the first one. I got the same day, and was notified that I had been selected.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions: Describe a time when ______________ and how you reacted to it.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Campus recruit, the interview was with senior manager and it was informal and casual talk. Didn't ask a lot behavioral questions. Mostly went through the resume. The interview was about 30 mins.

Audit Senior III Interview

interviewed at EY in July 2010.

Hiring process is not very rigorous. Make sure to ask questions to your recruiter ahead of time, and review the position you applied for to ensure you have the skillset required for that position. Most of the questions asked during the interview are behavorial based. As the audit engagements requires you to work in teams, having an experience, and being to demonstrate how you worked in teams in your previous job is the key.

Interview Questions
    • I don't believe there's a difficult question. Most questions are geared towards understanding your interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams.   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2014.

There were several phone interviews with HR and Business specific management before passing to the "Super Day". The Super Day is a 4 part interview. 1 Part with HR, 3 parts with managers and senior managers that you could potentially work with after joining the firm.

The questions are pretty standard, they ask about your background, types of projects you have worked on, level of clients you were exposed to in the past.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were really standard and based on your past experience.   Answer Question
    They gave me everything I asked for, which was a very generous offer.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

1. Campus interview- 2 behavioral, very casual interviews. More like chatting with the interviewer than a Q&A.
    2. Office Interview- Also behavioral. Talk to a partner and chat about similarities..I talked about football. They are really just trying to get to know you and introduce you to the firm. One of the interviewers asked some questions about past experiences. Know your resume.

Advisory Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

I told my recruiter that I wanted a shot at Advisory. She called me on the phone for an initial screening and told me that there would be an essay and a case study. Fast forward about a week later, and I receive a link with my writing section attached. Here's the thing, when you click on the link to the actual webpage where the writing assignment is to be completed, there's a button on the page that says "Start". AS soon as you click on that button, it turns into a timer, counting down from 30 minutes (I don't remember the exact number- it was almost a year ago but you'll understand the point) and the question is revealed. My piece was about the use of technology in the business world. If you pass the writing section, you'll get an email from the campus recruiting asking you to set up an interview date. They'll fly you from wherever you are and put you in a local hotel. I was at the 5 Times Square office so they put me in a local Marriott on 40th Street. It was a pretty nice location. The following day you have a super day with 2 behavioral interviews, a case study and a pseudo-team interview (I say pseudo because you're in a room with all of the other interviewees and they ask you all very general questions/introductions. Don't sweat this too much but they're definitely watching you even in there!) The behavioral interviews are pretty run-of-the-mill with Managers/Partners/Seniors. Not too hard, just act like its a conversation- cuz it is. Case study is a bit more difficult and can be on anything business-related! Mine was about a company that's supposed to mimic Samsung and its relationship with it building screens for Apple. The interviewer was very nice and sought to help me out. I'm realizing they're really testing three things: 1: Whether you'll crack 2: You line of reasoning (if any) 3: Your general business acumen. Stay cool and updated on current happenings and you'll be fine. Smile a lot too.

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interviewing was detailed and thorough. Most of the questions focused on technology capabilities and process improvement experience. Interviewers were very amiable and the questions were mostly behavioral based. The process was more lengthy than I had anticipated, with an initial interview with a recruiter, followed up with a phone interview with a Manager. I then had a day long interview session of 1:1 interviews and a 2:1 interview with a Partner & Sr. Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was my knowledge of and experience with, multiple different ERPs and bolt-on software.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, EY tells you what you will make.