EY Interview Questions

3,093 Interview Reviews

2.9

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with two people. First a senior manager then a director. Very relaxing interview, each one took more than 30 minutes. Introduced the life in EY to me, talked about some personal hobbies. The director ask me some tech questions to see if I have a concept of advisory. Got offer over the phone one week after the interview. But the position was on hold later.

Interview Questions

• How to audit accounts receivable   1 Answer

Assurance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I was contacted by someone recruiting for the role and had several back and forth email exchanges before 'official' interviews began. There were 2 phone interviews and 1 Skype interview, generally one week apart. There was then one more Skype HR interview. An offer was made very shortly after the final HR interview, but the process from start to offer took about 3 months. They are very interested in making sure you are a good fit for them, and they are a good fit for you. I was asked for some references fairly early on in the process, and well as a written statement regarding how I can see myself contributing to the firm. Other than that, it was a pretty standard interview process. Most questions were targeted to the actual role and balanced between hard skills/previous experience and personality/thought process.

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was emailed to set up a phone interview. Interview date and time was confirmed via someone in HR. The morning of the scheduled phone screen I was emailed directly by the Talent Acquisition manager who would conduct phone screen. She asked to reschedule. I sent her several times the following day that I would be available. She never contacted me again after that. I reached out a couple days later to the person who actually scheduled the phone screen and she informed me that the lady I was supposed to speak with would reach out to me directly. That never happened. I waited another week and a half thinking maybe she was really busy before reaching out again. Still no response. What a waste of time reading up on company and prepping for interview!

Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The interview process was long. The people were very nice but having multiple interviews on the same day can feel like a chore. The other difficulty was finding background information on the interviewers. Some of their LinkedIn profiles were minimal.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what kind of professional development I was looking for.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Cleveland, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by an EY Talent Recruiter for an E.A. position. After an initial phone interview, I was sent an online, 60 question (timed) assessment on Microsoft Apps (20 questions each on PowerPoint, Excel and Word). I scored well with 56/60. The next day, I was contacted again for an in-person interview. I met with three Acquisition Recruiters. 2 flew in and one was conferenced in via phone (none were locally based). The interview lasted 45 minutes. I was told different facts between the interviewers and the (phone) Talent Recruiters, so it appeared I came into the interview unprepared. I was also told I may never meet the Partners I would be supporting unless they came into my office for a meeting. Other than that, I thought the interview went well, but after three weeks, nobody followed up with me. I emailed my Talent Recruiter, who then mentioned I did not get the position. (I gave them extra time to follow up because they mentioned they would be hiring a "pool" of Executive Assistants - approx. 15.) Based on that and the numerous typos and errors (two different interview dates) in her email, I was left with a bad first impression despite EY having a reputation as a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work here?" "If we asked your former manager what you could approve upon, what would that be?" "Which shift would you prefer to work?" "How do you prioritize your time?"   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY in June 2015.

Interview

I got an email asking me to do an online aptitude test after sending out my resume, a week later HR sent me an email to arrange an interview. I was apply for EY Hong Kong but I'm in the States, so they arranged a Skype interview for me with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Pick 2 internship experiences on my resume to talk about   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview started on time, and interviewer was well prepared. Each interviewer stayed within the allotted time. There was no redundancy of questions between interviewers, and each interviewer allowed for interviewee questions prior to ending the meeting.

Interview Questions

• From a Federal Government consulting perspective, what do you feel is most needed in support of these clients?   1 Answer

Advisory Senior III Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

External recruiting agency contacted me for the position. - week 1 One short Phone Screen with Senior Manager - week 3 Super Day interviews- week 4 2 Senior Manager 1 Executive Director 1 HR One Telephonic interview with Partner. - week 8 ( delayed to Holiday time) Offer - week 11

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave you current company/job Why do you want to join. Share you experience on Data warehousing/ BI. Share your experience on BASEL and CCAR. Behavioral Check.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Gave a better position than Pay. Overall satisfied with the Benefits

Audit Staff II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

2 Rounds, one with a senior manager and the other with the executive director. Several behavioral questions and lots of scenario-based questions regarding experience. Entire interview lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• what are some of the artifacts you would request during an audit?   1 Answer

External Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

go through your resume first, then very basic and short questions just like normal interviews. why we hire, why do you want to apply this job. The pace is really fast. But it is very friendly. you need to prepare a lot of questions. Anyway, it is not hard. But you need to make yourself stand out.