EY Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Recruiter had my resume from previous campus communication with EY and contacted me with a phone interview. A few weeks later, I was invited to have an in-office interview with some senior managers and a partner. The interview took all day as it was made up of 3 separate interviews.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer asked me no questions, but made me interview her with questions I had about the position. I had asked so many questions already that day, it was difficult to come up with more questions to ask.   Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

One campus interview, a writing assessment, two behavioral interviews and a case interview. The interview process wasn't too taxing, don't over think the interview, typical behavioral interviews all in all it was a laid back process.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was stressful going into but I found it easy once I started, the interviewer somewhat guides you on the issues and they are more interested in how and why you think not necessarily what is the correct answer. Be confident and support your answers. Be rehearsed on business tactics like SWOT analysis.   Answer Question

I'm more technology side: Business Analyst as opposed to doing accounting audits. I chose to stay with my passion of IT BA instead of taking the accounting route.

Tax Staff Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at EY.

Submitted the resume online (one through the school career website and one on the company website. Got the campus Interview. Mostly behavior questions. The hiring manager is nice and friendly. It is a good firm to work for. Only hired one student from my program this year.

Marketing Interview

Very easy. Talked to recruiter, hiring manager, hiring manager's manager. Did not meet any junior members of the team. Would have eased resentment later on. Did not meet other members of larger marketing team until later on.

Interview Questions
    • None. At junior levels seemed to be a lot of frustration.   Answer Question
    Yes. If they really want you, they are flexible.

Senior Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in July 2014.

Phone interview process is very smooth and then invited for super day. The first technical interviewer came up with very detailed question about sth. I might have done 5 years ago and I didn't put anything in my resume that I did that kind of project. He just assumed that I should know that because I worked in the group. And it is just a senior associate position. Why did he expect I know sth. a manager or senior manager should know? Other interviewers are ok.

Interview Questions
    • HJM model details, how to calibrate the parameters, analytic form of swaption price.   Answer Question

Audit Staff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

After campus interview, was offered to come in for a series of in house interviews. This took the better part of the day and consisted of three one on one interviews. After the in house interviews I got a call back a week later with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were behavioral and not technical. The hardest part was finding meaningful questions for each of the interviewers. There was a lot of time given for interviewee questions.   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate the wage. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Campus recruiting involves on campus interviews/phone interview and an on site interview at the location you are applying for. You will typically have 3 interviews with 3 different people for on site interviews. Most questions are behavioral and not very technical.

Interview Questions
    • Addressing weakness and difficult moments. Typically not a hard question but that is how hard it will get. Interviews are conversational and not very intimidating.   Answer Question
    No negotiation or starting bonus.

Audit Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at EY.

Experience hire from smaller tier firm. Initial opportunity was presented by a recruiter that I had previously worked with. After understanding that I met the qualifications they were looking for, I had a first round phone interview with HR just to confirm previous work experience, followed up by second round interviews at their offices with two partners in the service line. HR also performed a background and reference check. No drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • N/A - no trick questions. Interview was focused on past work experiences and overall experience level when discussing technical accounting areas.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Behavioral style interview. I did the interview in college so they wanted to know stuff i did in college with groups. I had to interview on campus, then in new york. I spoke with the senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    I got it straight after my nternship

FSO Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

The process started in my MSA program. We did meet the firms at our school and they set up optional mock interviews with staff members from the various accounting firms. You then uploaded your resume to companies you wanted to work for and if accepted you did a first round interview. I wanted to go out of the area so I had to be referred out. I received a call a few weeks later stating that they were flying me to Philadelphia for a social dinner and an interview the next day. I was put in a very nice hotel and had a great chance to talk to some of the people at the dinner as I was from out of state and was not familiar with them. The next day the interview was a half day event with a tour and presentations. I had two half hour interviews with a Manager and a Senior Manager. After the interviews we were taken to lunch and were told we would hear from them within two weeks. I got a phone call one hour later and was told they were offering me a position and would send my official offer within two business days. Really great company and the whole interview process made me feel welcome and already like a part of the team.

Interview Questions
    • All were very straight forward questions and they felt like more of a conversation to me.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but I was told if the starting salaries offered changed when I started, mine would change as well because I accepted almost a year before my start date.