EY Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
1,999 Interview Reviews

2.9

Audit Senior III Interview

interviewed at EY in July 2010.

Hiring process is not very rigorous. Make sure to ask questions to your recruiter ahead of time, and review the position you applied for to ensure you have the skillset required for that position. Most of the questions asked during the interview are behavorial based. As the audit engagements requires you to work in teams, having an experience, and being to demonstrate how you worked in teams in your previous job is the key.

Interview Questions
    • I don't believe there's a difficult question. Most questions are geared towards understanding your interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams.   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2014.

There were several phone interviews with HR and Business specific management before passing to the "Super Day". The Super Day is a 4 part interview. 1 Part with HR, 3 parts with managers and senior managers that you could potentially work with after joining the firm.

The questions are pretty standard, they ask about your background, types of projects you have worked on, level of clients you were exposed to in the past.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were really standard and based on your past experience.   Answer Question
    They gave me everything I asked for, which was a very generous offer.

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interviewing was detailed and thorough. Most of the questions focused on technology capabilities and process improvement experience. Interviewers were very amiable and the questions were mostly behavioral based. The process was more lengthy than I had anticipated, with an initial interview with a recruiter, followed up with a phone interview with a Manager. I then had a day long interview session of 1:1 interviews and a 2:1 interview with a Partner & Sr. Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was my knowledge of and experience with, multiple different ERPs and bolt-on software.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, EY tells you what you will make.

Supervising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Did a quick pre-qual phone interview with a recruited. A few days later set up an interview at 5 Times Square and interviewed with the two hiring managers. Took about 30 minutes. Received a call the next day with an offer. Accepted and started 2 weeks later.

None

Advisory Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

I told my recruiter that I wanted a shot at Advisory. She called me on the phone for an initial screening and told me that there would be an essay and a case study. Fast forward about a week later, and I receive a link with my writing section attached. Here's the thing, when you click on the link to the actual webpage where the writing assignment is to be completed, there's a button on the page that says "Start". AS soon as you click on that button, it turns into a timer, counting down from 30 minutes (I don't remember the exact number- it was almost a year ago but you'll understand the point) and the question is revealed. My piece was about the use of technology in the business world. If you pass the writing section, you'll get an email from the campus recruiting asking you to set up an interview date. They'll fly you from wherever you are and put you in a local hotel. I was at the 5 Times Square office so they put me in a local Marriott on 40th Street. It was a pretty nice location. The following day you have a super day with 2 behavioral interviews, a case study and a pseudo-team interview (I say pseudo because you're in a room with all of the other interviewees and they ask you all very general questions/introductions. Don't sweat this too much but they're definitely watching you even in there!) The behavioral interviews are pretty run-of-the-mill with Managers/Partners/Seniors. Not too hard, just act like its a conversation- cuz it is. Case study is a bit more difficult and can be on anything business-related! Mine was about a company that's supposed to mimic Samsung and its relationship with it building screens for Apple. The interviewer was very nice and sought to help me out. I'm realizing they're really testing three things: 1: Whether you'll crack 2: You line of reasoning (if any) 3: Your general business acumen. Stay cool and updated on current happenings and you'll be fine. Smile a lot too.

Senior Associate Interview

Professional and courteous. Very quick communication. Did not end up accepting employment at the company, but I do wish them the best. Very respected in the industry. If a more relevant job comes up in the future, I will certainly take a look at it.

Intern Interview

Went online to my university's job site, saw link to the interview and applied. Sent in transcripts, resume, cover letter. Was invited to pre-interview social where I got to meet a bunch of staff and met the person I interviewed with. Was a very positive experience, no really difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Realistically there was no most difficult or unexpected question, it was more of a conversational interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

The people were great. I interview with 2 of the partners and had a great conversation with them. It did not take as long as I thought it would, but I would say I did not have a regular interview. So the key is to prepare look up information about the company and try to tie it in the interview to let them know you are knowledgeable of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Did not have anything too difficult.   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn to discuss the opportunity. Initial phone screen with recruiter, then phone interview with a Manager within the practice group. Next step was on site interview at NYC headquarters with 4 senior manager level team members. Received an offer about 2 weeks after the on site interview. Whole process took about a 6-7 weeks from start to finish. Very professional at every step along the way and great recruiting team.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions. Current events in your industry. Leadership and working in teams examples. Why EY.   Answer Question

Audit, Winter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

The first interview was conducted at my University. It was pretty easy. The recruiter spent most of the
    time explaining the internship position and the company. I managed to by pass any situational questions by just adding relative experience about myself that would make me a perfect fit for the position. The recruiter is more interested in your personality and how you work well with others.
    In less than 2 weeks I was asked to visit the office for a second Interview which consisted of 3 interviews with a partner, manager and a senior manager. The manager and senior managers were pretty easy. Mostly interested in your background. The partner managed to throw in some situational questions and team innovated questions. After that interview, I was contacted the next week with an internship offer.

PS they also take you out for lunch during the 2nd interview:)

Interview Questions
    • Tell something about yourself that isn't on your resume.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for hourly wage however EY offers competitive wages for all its interns. You will be more than pleased with the offer