EY

2.9

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

There was one 30 minute on campus interview with a partner and then was invited to an office visit. Office visit consisted of two 30 minute interviews with senior managers and then taken out to lunch. Overall, everyone was very friendly and all interviews were very conversational. The experience was very positive.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle a troublesome team member.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

My interview process went very smooth. I would say that networking is the most important thing you can do. If the interviewers REALLY like you and you have some sort of experience with leadership, communication, and working with teams, there is no reason why you shouldn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would your last boss say is something you can improve on?   Answer Question

TAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

I applied via school's recruiting website and had a first round interview on campus. This interview was entirely behavioral, asked about past experiences, "tell me about a time when ______", and other classic behavioral questions. I then received a writing assessment where I was given 45 minutes to write a response to a prompt. About a week later I received a final round interview which was a "Megaday" (2 behavioral interviews and 1 case interview, a lunch, and an office tour).

Interview Questions
    • Writing sample was totally unexpected (no one told me I would have one). The case was about benefits and risks with launching a mobile banking app- not difficult and it was interviewer-led   Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

The people are very friendly. I had first round of interviews on campus and the second round was at the EY office. Really good experience overall. They want to see if you fit with the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was a little difficult because they asked some accounting questions and I am not an accounting major. Make sure you know how to do a SWOT analysis.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Applied through university via campus recruiting. After being selected for first round interviews, which in my opinion is the biggest weed-out portion of the process, I met with a greeter who brought me into a room with an upper-level manager. Although very similar to a typical behavioral interview, I was additionally asked a myriad of technical questions-- though I was applying for a more technical position under advisory, my resume and writing sample were scanned to the bone.

About 3 weeks later, I received an email saying I had to complete a timed writing assessment within 48 hours. A day later I was notified that I had advanced to the second round.

The second round interview consists of a "super day" at your specific office location (requested prior to application submission), where you attend a series of presentations, interviews, and a luncheon. The night before, you and all of the candidates meet up at a nice restaurant for a free ice-breaker dinner hosted by EY employees of all levels. On the day of, the company ultimately sells you on accepting the offer (big 4 companies do this), and then you are directed to 3 back to back interviews Both the behavioral interviews were much more relaxed and conversational than the first round which was a great relief because the case interview can take a lot out of you. I had a limited amount of time to read about an artificial company facing a process issue and use a framework to identify the issue and then resolve it. A few hours after the luncheon, I was notified that I received the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare in advance by looking at sample case studies. Be prepared to answer a lot of technical questions if you have an information systems background.   Answer Question

Business Advisory Program FSO Interview

All very behavioural. First interview was at university, then got invited to interview in a major city office after completing a writing assessment. This consisted of two behavioural interviews and an additional "case" interview, which was very simple and not at all like any management consulting cases in terms of how it's given/structure/expected response. Got my offer about a week later - also was able to transfer to another office since I wanted to work for a different city than the position I applied for. Incredibly friendly employees, seems like they really want to invest in you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing terrible; know answers to all the hard behavioural questions.   View Answer

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

3 Steps
    1. phone conversation with recruiter - basic personality and resume questions
    2. on campus interview - Mine lasted 45 minutes. Asked more in depth questions about my resume. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses? What is a time you have had trouble with a teammate and how have you dealt with that?
    3. Office Visit - They flew me to the office location I wanted, and put me up in a really nice hotel. The first night someone came to the hotel to pick me up and take me to a partner's house for dinner with other staff and applicants. The office visit consisted of a presentation, staff panel, 3 30 minute interviews, and a lunch with staff and the other applicants. The interviews mainly consisted of me asking them questions about their experience at EY.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think building relationships is important in business?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Business Advisory Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY.

First Round On Campus; Final Round (2 behavioral + 1 case interview) in Dallas. People are super nice at EY. I love all of my four interviewers. Really enjoyed the conversation and look forward to working at ey! Just relax and be yourself. Keep yourself updated with what is going on in the business world. Do some case practices in advance (dont worry about the math ). And you will be fine. EY really takes care of its candidates and is looking for personalities rather than just your background and experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something that is not on your resume; How do you define creativity; and some mini case questions that are embedded in my first behavioral interview with ey   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. I am satisfied with the job offer.

Assurance Staff Interview

Submitted a resume through my college career center. I did not spend much time networking with professionals from EY so it seems that first round interviews come to all with a decent GPA (3.5+). This was my first real interview so it was very rough. Interview was one on one, right as we introduced ourselves to each other the interviewers cell phone went off. The rest of the interview consisted of behavioral questions and simple chatting.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. All behavioral questions including things like "give a time when you led a team". Questions regarding my resume also occured. He ended the interview asking if I am a part of any organizations outside of school.   Answer Question

Diversified Tax Staff Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Took two weeks. Summit my resume through school career website and was later selected for on campus interview. Talked to a senior manager during the first round interview. The manager was really nice and patient in answering my questions. Interview took 30 minutes, most behavioral questions, did not go over my resume.