EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Met with two people (both who arrived late as I was the first interview of the day), ended up spending about 5 minutes with one and 5 minutes with the other instead of a full interview. As it was, I had no time to really ask any questions nor really be asked any questions. Interviewers seemed to dismiss me before they even walked in the room (given how late they were). In short, I was not terribly impressed.

Interview Question – N/A - didn't really have a chance to get asked any questions.   Answer Question

Assurance Senior Interview

Assurance Senior

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2010.

Interview Details – Round 1 conducted on campus with one current manager (or above), round 2 in office visit (whole day- included meeting with HR with group of candidates, lunch plus 3 rounds of interviews)

Interview Question – none - mostly behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Extremely lengthy process typically takes 2-3 months with excessive number of interviews. Decision is by committee and not left up to the individual hiring manager. This commonly prevents the hiring manager from actually choosing or offering based on their intuition for the specific role.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult, but the sheer number of interviews ensures candidates are jaded and repetitive   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer is always mid-range, always go back for additional salary, was able to achieve $5k bump upwards from initial just by asking.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Interview Details – I went through a head hunter and had 3 interviews. It was intimidating as it is a Big 4 accounting Firm and it is very corporate. But the people were pretty nice and I got through it.

Interview Question – I always hate when they ask my greatest weakness!!! They all asked this and what kind of culture I was looking for. Honestly I hate to focus on the negative and if I'm looking for a job most likely I don't care about the culture - I just need to pay my bills!!! But seriously, of course everyone wants a friendly fun environment to work in but do you was that to a bunch of stiff Accountants? Fun isn't on the agenda here!!   Answer Question

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Transaction Advisory Services Senior

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – Interviewed with several people over the course of 4 months. Usually the interviews were one on one. I visited the office 2 times during the interview process and had one phone interview.

Interview Question – - technical questions on the relationships between the different financial statements.
- questions on risk assessment
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had very little room for negotiations

Audit Staff II Interview

Audit Staff II

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – You will be interviewed by 4 people in separate interviews. Which will include a Partner, Senior Manager, Manager, and Office Scheduler. Prior to actual interviews, you will have a phone interview with a recruiter. Need to have a minimum 3.0 GPA along with excellent interpersonal people skills.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the norm, typical interview questions. They are really just trying to assess how your personality is, to determine how you will fit in and act at the client site.   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Interview Details – University hiring is easy. If you get a 3.3+ in Accounting major and are a sociable person that can carry on a conversation with professional mannerisms you will get an interview. These firms are throwing out internships and jobs like candy to those with good grades and social skills.

Interview Question – What are your two greatest strengths and two greatest weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Take or leave it straight out of college.

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I went through recruitment from college that involved several steps. First there was a networking meet & greet followed by two separate interviews. The first interview was one on one while the second one was with a senior associate and a manager at the firm. Overall not too bad of an interviewing process.

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses and how do you think EY can help improve on them?   Answer Question

Audit Stass Interview

Audit Stass
Kansas City, MO

The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – Came to the campus of the University of Kansas for first round interviews, second round at their office in KC. Very nice people and had wonderful activities to go along with the interviewing process.

Interview Question – If you could be any type of fruit, what fruit would you be?   View Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – first round of interviews were general questions. laid back conversational interview. the second interview was at their office. they are very good at letting you know within 2 week what their final decision is. one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen.

Interview Question – they made everyone get up and say what their name is, where they went to school, what position they were applying for, and name something interesting about themselves. fairly awkward.   Answer Question