EY

Updated Feb 26, 2015
2,483 Interview Reviews

2.9

BAP Summer Interview

I applied through the campus recruitment. I had my first round interview on campus which was all behavioral. The 2nd round was at their office which consisted of 2 behaviorals and 1 case. The whole process took about 2 months for me. HR was very unorganized and didn't seem like they knew what they were doing.

Assurance Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

I applied online through a campus recruiter. Received an email to schedule a phone interview the next week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes - basic personality questions, was invited over the phone for an office visit. I had two interviews at the office - one with partner and senior manager. Had lunch with 1st year and was able to talk about their experiences with the transition. Everyone was very nice and they did their best to make you as comfortable as possible.

Quantitative Advisory Services Interview

Received emails for scheduling the first interview, without a phone screening or so. Two rounds of interview, first one is on campus. First interview was about resume review and behavior questions; then the second consisted of combo of tech & normal questions. Seems like EY took nobody from my school.

Audit Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

I applied through my college career website. Throughout the semester I met the recruiter and many EY professionals, so by the time I was invited for the first round in-campus interview, they knew who I was, and I knew who they were. I had a 30min interview with a Manager, who asked me the typical behavioral questions about teamwork and leadership. Then I was invited for second round interviews at the firm. I interviewed with 2 professionals for 30 minutes and then played a game of trivia. The interviews were very conversational, absolutely no behavioral or technical questions. But that mean you have to be able to keep a conversation going. So think of questions/topics to talk about.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, the typical questions you'll find on an interview workshop pamphlet.   Answer Question
    There's no negotiation, they just tell you your hours and your salary. Its pretty high for an intern though, so no negotiation was necessary.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

The interview process was excellent. I had an initial phone interview with an HR manager, which led to a second interview with the lead manager of the global accounts team. After that, I had 3 rounds of in person interviews with various individuals in the business practice.

I really have to say this was one of the best interview experiences I've had, mainly because the interviewers really care about finding the right people for the job. Everyone I spoke to were invested in company; they took time explaining about the role, their experience in the dept, and addressed any concerns I had. The senior leaders in this practice are very smart with many years of industry experience, and are extremely personable and modest. I would say what drew me to this job is not the position, but the quality of people at EY and their positive attitudes.

I would have really liked to work with them. However, I didn't take the offer (which was excellent, with great benefits) as I found a position that was a better fit at the moment. I would highly recommend this company to others!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a difficult experience you had with a customer   Answer Question

Advisory FSO Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Invited to interview off of the normal interview schedule after attending another EY event in the summer. Started with an office visit before networking time and then got to the interviews. The interviews included 2 personal interviews and 1 technical case interview. Interview process took the majority of one day.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to analyze whether a large national bank should merge with a regional brick and mortar bank, and had to use supplied data to present a solution. Pretty typical case interview question, had time to write down thoughts on paper before delving into answer. Not too difficult of a question.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Had a campus interview, and was asked for a second round interview. The first interview went great, but the second on-site interview was difficult. The response was quick that people receive offer get it on the same day as the second interview

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

I had 1 interview with human resources and then an interview with the hiring manager and two team members. I also had to complete a case study. Be prepared to share examples of your work. Takes 2-3 month to complete the entire process to actual start date.

Advisory Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

I met a member of the EY advisory team at a university function and was reached out to apply for the position by a member of my university's career services team. My application was sent directly to an advisory team and I didn't have a typical application process. My interview process consisted of four interviews of approximately fifteen minutes each. I received the offer for the internship position three days later.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions; the interview consisted of behavioral questions and general conversation about my future career goals and whether they fit into the overall goal of EY.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Financial Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY.

First I had a phone interview with a campus recruiter. It was pretty straightforward, she asked behavioral questions like "Give me an example of a time you felt your efforts were unsuccessful." She was nice and pretty easy to talk to. Then I was invited to a superday, I had two interviews in the office. Both interviewers were very nice and mostly just talked about the firm. Then, we went out to lunch with a staff greeter. It was not scary at all. I haven't heard back yet if I got an offer or not.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or particularly difficult questions...What are three reasons you want to work at EY? Do you like to work in teams?   Answer Question