EY Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
2,667 Interview Reviews

2.9

TTDAS Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

The interview process was so easy. I applied through my school got an email for a phone interview. Had the phone interview with a senior manager. Heard back one week later that they were flying me out to Cleveland, OH to have second round interviews. The interviews were so laid back, great conversations with two separate senior manager. I got a call back two days later for an offer for this summer!

IT Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Got recruited through veteran reference. A Partner and HR introduced us to the business model of EY and some employees who were former veterans. Asked a few questions about work life balance and culture. Went through 3 interviews with 2 of them being partners and 1 of them from HR.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

The process took about a month. There is a on-campus round followed by a Super Day interview consisting of three interviews.

The Super day is organized well with a couple presentations bragging about the firm. Then there are 3 back to back interviews viz. 2 behavioral and 1 case, arranged in a random fashion- each lasting about 30-40 minutes.

Mine were really easy. Two out of the three interviewers weren't even prepared to ask questions. One of the behavioral interviewer was merely reading questions out from his computer screen. My experience in case interviews tells me that the interviewer actively participates in the process of solving the case. Here however, my interviewer just sat there with a predetermined set of 3-4 questions and he had nothing to say or argue on when I put in my recommendations. Clearly, he himself wasn't well versed with all aspects of the case.

After two long weeks of waiting, I received an automated email stating that they weren't going to offer me a position owing to the "limited" number of offers they could shell out.

Really weird that they take this long to get back with an automated email after all.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any Leadership Experience? And all related questions that help them gauge how good you are at handling a team/situation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

I interviewed for a summer intern position with the ITRA group. Before the interview, there was an online writing assessment which basically tested applicants logical thinking and reasoning. I didn't finish the essay, but I still got into the first-round interview.

The first-round interview was just a typical on-campus interview, in which most questions are behavioral questions. However, there were still some "surprises".

After passing the first-round, EY invited the candidates for an office interview, in which a candidate would have interviews with three managers. One of the interview is a case interview, for which a candidate would be given 15 minutes to read a 3 to 4-page case, and then discussed the case with the interviewer. The other two interviews are mainly about the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation in which you have to use your imagination to solve the problem.   1 Answer

Emerging Leaders Program Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied on school's career services website. Invited to an on-campus interview, and a pre-dinner about two weeks later. Recruiters and current employees were at the pre-dinner. All of them were super chill, and all wanted to know about you. Interview lasted for about 30mins. It was conversational, recruiter asked questions about resume, and why EY/my school.
    Invited back to a second round interview. Had mainly behavioral questions.

Technology Advisory Program (TAP) - Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2015.

Interview

On campus recruitment events followed by first round on campus interviews. Make sure you submit all required documents and complete the writing assessment on time. Tailor your resume to highlight interpersonal skills, quantitative ability, and significant results. First round is behavioral, just prepare for standard interview questions and have good examples of team and leadership experience.

For the final rounds there are three interviews at a MegaDay where they will pay for your travel to a location where you will be interviewed alongside students from all over the country. This consists of two behavioral and one case interview. The behavioral interviews are straightforward, just make sure you have solid examples prepared for whatever you are going to say and KNOW YOUR RESUME. I was surprised by this but they went through every line of my resume and asked me to talk about it. Make sure you can relate your resume experiences to qualities that are needed for consulting. Don't be afraid of making it conversational, they really do want to get to know you. Ask the questions you actually want to ask, as long as they don't make you look bad. Also know the company and show your interest on the broad initiatives EY is taking.

It is pretty difficult to prepare for the case but you are given a few pages with a problem and insights that have been found. Your job is to arrive at a conclusion based on the evidence presented in the case and then provide recommendations as to what the company should do. You have about 15 minutes to read the case and then the interviewer comes in and you speak about what you got from the case. I would recommend reading the case first and then going back to take notes on what you think is relevant. When you present your findings to the interviewer make sure you walk the interviewer through a logical thought process about how you arrived at your recommendation. Don't be afraid to ask the interviewer after the case about his/her thoughts on the case and your own performance. EY is very honest during interviewing but don't be intimidated, be open to their perspective and share your own. They don't want arrogance but they want people who are open to consider the viewpoints of others and adapt their own if necessary.

Got the offer via phone within a few days. Overall I would say the whole interview process went well, although it was pretty tedious. The interviewers and recruiters were very professional throughout and were determined to hire the best fit for the firm. Put in the time with your research and the process as a whole and you will be fine. These are pretty competitive positions so you have to really want it. Make sure you get the business cards of everyone interviewing you and send professional follow up emails. Remember their names too because it might come up in an interview and you want to show that you give actually care about the firm. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to think outside the box.
      Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker/team member.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why EY?
      Most complicated thing you have done on Excel.
      Tell me about a time you had to make a big transition in life and how did you deal with it.

Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews, In Person interview day with Manager, Senior Manager and Executive Director.
    I interviewed for the Cybersecurity sector of EY. Better known as the "Cyber Threat Management" or CTM. This is one of EY's newest groups and fastest growing. Obviously IT Risk is the hot ticket item and EY is heavily recruiting in this sector.

I am graduating from Penn State University in May and starting the job in May. Can't wait!

I will add that I am a Marine Corps Veteran so I went to college after the Marines.

Interview Questions

• If you have two silos with the same vulnerabilities, how are they different?   2 Answers

Negotiation

it was great

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Poughkeepsie, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application through my University's career service website. Was informed I had an interview. The second year associate briefed me on the program before I entered the interview room. The recruiter was very nice and made me feel very comfortable. Asked me about myself. I did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

• Give me a brief overview of the most important things on your resume.   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Interview

I got the first round interview from campus recruiting. The interview is basically go through your resume. Please make sure you are proficient with skills you write in the resume.

The question they asked is: Tell me about yourself?

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, after a month they set up a phone interview with a Sr Manager

After the phone screen I received an invite for the Super day interviews with 4 Sr Managers.

The process was pretty smooth and straightforward