EY Interview Questions

2.8

1,968 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Regional Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed during the EY Leadership Program (ELP) and it consisted of 3, 30 minute interviews with a senior manager, a manager, and a partner. The ELP program was 2 days long and required its own interview process. To give some context, I am a rising college junior. We interviewed in the morning on the second day and I got a call from the partner I interviewed with the next morning. The offer was formally emailed out within the following week. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational with mostly very generic questions asked. Tell me about a time you demonstrated leadership? We talked about summer plans and college life mostly. Very friendly interviewers.   Answer Question

Audit Staff FSO Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

On-Campus recruiting process: first round interview is at school; second round was invited to EY office. During the interview, interviewer asked behavior questions. First of all ask "tell me about your -self" according to my self-introduction, the interviewer would ask my past experience, including internship, leadership of campus activity.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied at the career fair and went out to the on campus events. Called for an interview on campus. Interview was basic behavioral questions with some basic technical design concepts. Called for an onsite and had three interviews, two behavioral (one with higher level manager), and one business case study.

Interview Questions

• On campus: how you would design database tables given some requirements Business Case: Read through a two page description of two companies regarding a possible merger. Then was asked would you recommend this merger, what would you go through for considerations before the merger happened, what are the technology aspects you would need to consider.   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process runs over a few months, but starts even before that. In some cases, Sophomores would be encouraged to participate in campus events to show their interest in EY. During the actual interview, they will ask you questions about what you worked on during college, etc. But in actuality, it doesn't really matter as long as you have a relatively high GPA and a reasonable level of communication skills. Don't forget to ask a bunch of questions and show your interest.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about EY?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

During the first round of interviews, I talked to a partner and he was surprisingly very friendly and not intimidating. Most of his questions were based on the details listed on my resume, so make sure you know your resume well! He only asked one behavioral question. During my second round of interviews, I met with 3 different partners and most of their questions were behavioral. They had already heard a lot of details about me from my first interviewer, so don't repeat yourself word for word to keep them interested.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to solve a problem in a group setting.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through career services at university. The first step was a 20 minute phone interview with a transfer pricing manager. After two weeks, received phone call from recruiting manager to come in for final interview. The final interview was in-house, approx. 4 hours. The first 1.5 hours was a lunch networking event with two EY staff followed by 2.5 hours of interviews with managers, senior managers, and executive director of the division. Most questions were behavioral i.e. strengths/weaknesses, tell me about yourself, etc. Some were more technical i.e. describe a DCF analysis. It is important to tell your story with an emphasis on impact/results, know current trends in the division, and be yourself. I heard back from the executive director with an offer within a week from the final interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about transfer pricing? What experiences do you have as a leader?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

It was a very positive experience. This was one of the easiest interviews that I have ever gone through. They really just wanted me to emphasize my strengths and show them what I could offer to the company. They took a very long time to respond back to me after the interview. About 3 weeks I had to wait to hear back. When I did I was extremely happy and surprised!

Interview Questions

• What was an experience that you went through where you had a hard time during work or school? How did you over come that experience?   Answer Question

TAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Three interviews in a row, and two behaviors with one case study. The case study is more focus on business side rather than any specific calculation. And the behavior questions are just tell me a time when.... type of questions. People there are really nice to me, since I wasn't have much case study experience, the person kind of walk me through the case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you have to confront someone, tell me a time you work in a team and what was your position, Do you have any question for me, tell me a time you were being a leader.   1 Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I got the interview by employee referral. First interview was a phone interview that lasted about 30 mins, basic questions about myself and situational question. Heard back a week later that I got a second interview - office interview with 3 different personnel - a partner and 2 senior managers. It's very conversational interview. Got a call a few hours later from a partner saying that I got the job. I got asked all three times: "Tell me about yourself" so prepare that real well, make sure that you make it personal, conversational and start off with some light jokes. I was really comfortable the whole time and the interviewers were really helpful. They made it all about you. Remember, they are human like us and they wouldn't want to hear something that too stiff. The one thing that I really remember is that they emphasized on you being a people person so make sure to show them that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Career path CPA eligibility Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Can you tell me about your experience with EY? What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

QAS Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site interview (4 rounds). Phone interview had some resume questions, mostly technical (swaps pricing, regression). Can't seem to recall any challenging behavioral questions on the on-site interview, though technical questions like walking through option pricing, statistical models I've done, and some general chat.