EY Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015
2,946 Interview Reviews

2.9

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

i got the first round campus interview. I felt I did well on the interview, but i did not get the on-site interview. It was very casual overall, nothing unexpected.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied throuh campus recruiting. First round on-campus one on one interview with an audit partner. It was laid back and conversational. Second round was on-site. Two interviews with a manager and a partner. All behavirol questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

Interview

First met with the recruiter had the typical interview questions. Than went in house for 2nd rounds for interviews. Met with mostly partners and just had conversations no real typical interview questions. It was a great experience and learned a lot. Make sure to come in with intelligent questions and relax.

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Washington, DC).

Interview

I apply through university's career center and got a interview days after. They hold a reception before the interview. On the day of my interview, they asked behavioral questions, questions about my resume.

Technology Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

General questions. Nice interviewer. Questions are basically based on my experience. And the whole process is just like a chatting to let people know what you've done and what you want to be in the future.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview began with breakfast with about a dozen other applicants. Breakfast was followed by a general overview of the firm and then short presentations from senior staff members from the three main product line services (Assurance, Tax, Advisory). Next was two thirty minute interviews which were pretty casual and mostly personality based questions. Finally all the applicants were taking to lunch (Phillips).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult individual and how you overcame that difficulty.   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Interview

Applied online through university's campus recruiting website, got an email for an interview within the week. The interview was held on-campus a week after that with two back-to-back interviews. I got my result a week and a half after my interview.

Audit Staff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (McLean, VA).

Interview

First round of interviews was a phone interview with the recruiter. We had met before so it was comfortable and conversational. Lasted ~ 20-30 minutes. About two weeks later I was told I was invited to the second round of interviews. The second round of interviews was a super day. The super day starts with a breakfast with the other recruits and several staff members. We were paired with a "buddy" for the day. The goal of the breakfast is to calm your nerves and let you get to know some of the staff. After the breakfast, the recruiters gave a presentation about the firm and talked to you about their own experiences at the firm. Next, we had the interviews. I had 2 interviews with managers which each lasted 30 minutes. The interviews were strictly behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when...") and questions about my resume and transcript. I did not find the interviews to be stressful and the interviewers did not ask any particularly tricky questions. Following the interviews, we had a panel of first- and second-year staff answer questions we had about the company, the job, the area, etc. Finally, we were treated to lunch with our buddies and the other recruits and sent on our way! I heard back about my offer roughly a week and a half after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, questions about my resume, questions about some atypical classes I had taken (I took quite a few science classes in college), do I like to travel, etc...   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I had submitted an application online and was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. I ended up being really nervous, it was my first phone interview and I really messed up. They also give you the same response after each time you answer, it feels very structured and weird.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Accounting? 2. Tell me a little bit about yourself. 3. Tell me about a time where you were working under a deadline.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through career services on campus. Had a pre-interview dinner the night before. Interview was 45 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions and some about my resume. The interview was with a senior manager at the office where I was applying for. Was asked to bring my transcript, but didn't end up looking at it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you were in a team and accomplished something.   Answer Question