EY Interview Questions & Reviews

1,976 interviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Campus recruiting involves on campus interviews/phone interview and an on site interview at the location you are applying for. You will typically have 3 interviews with 3 different people for on site interviews. Most questions are behavioral and not very technical.

Interview Questions
    • Addressing weakness and difficult moments. Typically not a hard question but that is how hard it will get. Interviews are conversational and not very intimidating.   Answer Question
    No negotiation or starting bonus.

Audit Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at EY.

Experience hire from smaller tier firm. Initial opportunity was presented by a recruiter that I had previously worked with. After understanding that I met the qualifications they were looking for, I had a first round phone interview with HR just to confirm previous work experience, followed up by second round interviews at their offices with two partners in the service line. HR also performed a background and reference check. No drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • N/A - no trick questions. Interview was focused on past work experiences and overall experience level when discussing technical accounting areas.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Behavioral style interview. I did the interview in college so they wanted to know stuff i did in college with groups. I had to interview on campus, then in new york. I spoke with the senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    I got it straight after my nternship

FSO Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

The process started in my MSA program. We did meet the firms at our school and they set up optional mock interviews with staff members from the various accounting firms. You then uploaded your resume to companies you wanted to work for and if accepted you did a first round interview. I wanted to go out of the area so I had to be referred out. I received a call a few weeks later stating that they were flying me to Philadelphia for a social dinner and an interview the next day. I was put in a very nice hotel and had a great chance to talk to some of the people at the dinner as I was from out of state and was not familiar with them. The next day the interview was a half day event with a tour and presentations. I had two half hour interviews with a Manager and a Senior Manager. After the interviews we were taken to lunch and were told we would hear from them within two weeks. I got a phone call one hour later and was told they were offering me a position and would send my official offer within two business days. Really great company and the whole interview process made me feel welcome and already like a part of the team.

Interview Questions
    • All were very straight forward questions and they felt like more of a conversation to me.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but I was told if the starting salaries offered changed when I started, mine would change as well because I accepted almost a year before my start date.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY.

I applied through a program at my school and got a risk intern interview. The interview process consisted of situational questions and a 15 minute case study prior to the interview. Going to any recruitment event or job fair will definitely bump up the chances of you getting an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions were discussed (ratios, methodologies) from the case study, just make sure that you ask questions about the case study for clarification, not simply just providing answers to the scenario in retrospect.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY.

The hiring and interview process was very smooth. I applied through a recruiter and the process took approximately 4 weeks. They got back to me within a week for a phone interview. Two weeks later I received an email for a second round interview at their office. It was an 1-on-1 interview with two senior managers and each interview lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation with a team member.   Answer Question
    Not much from for negotiation.

Transfer Pricing Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Interview process was very structured and formal. I got to meet several of the transfer pricing group, including several staff at the time. Most of the interviews were pretty informal and lighthearted. A few of the interviewees took me for lunch where they allowed for me to ask them information questions regarding the job, expectations, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Question regarding manufacturing tested party and appropriate PLI   Answer Question
    very structured and little room for flexibility.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in May 2012.

Applied through university career service. Couple days after I received interview notification. We had a group dinner at a restaurant then interview is the next day. EY hired about 2 out of 20 people.

Quant Interview

one phone interview with hr. then on-site with four current employees in the group. nothing unexpected. interviewers kept the interview questions pretty related to my background and resume. interviewers with different functionality in the group, which seems to test where I should fit if I get selected

Financial Services Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at EY.

I heard that EY normally hires college grads a year in advance, but I decided to sent a fluke email to a recruiter this past spring expressing interest in working for EY. She ended up calling me the next day saying they had openings in their Financial Services Department. I was then informed that another recruiter would be in touch with me (that took about 2 weeks) and she was able to set me up with a phone interview with a senior manager 3 days later. The phone interview lasted just under 30 minutes and it was basic questions about my tax internship, any challenges i've overcome, why i was relocating etc. About 5 days later I received an email to have an office visit to meet with 3 professionals. EY paid for my flight and put me in an awesome hotel just a block away from their building. The office visit was fantastic...I had an assigned "greeter" who chatted and showed me around briefly and then I had my three interviews back to back for a half hour a piece. It was easy and very conversational. No behavioral interview questions and mainly them talking about themselves and what they do. Afterwards my greeter took me out for coffee and answered any additional questions I had. About a week and a half later I got a call from the recruiter saying they would be extending me an offer. Overall, it was a very positive experience, just a longer process than I hoped or expected.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for the typical "tell me about yourself", prior work experience, and why you have an interest in that specific industry. If you make it to the office visit they know you have the credentials, just be personable, keep the convo going, and do your research to have relevant questions   Answer Question