EY

Updated Dec 18, 2014
2,346 Interview Reviews

2.9

Assurance Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

1 first round, 2 second round interviews, a breakfast, and lunch
    Very relaxed, have questions ready to ask them
    Conversation, trying to probe your people skills and conversational skills
    Most of the time it is with a senior manager and I had one partner to interview, always followed up with me afterwards. Received phone call within a day knowing I had received the offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

EY flew me in to meet the FSO practice I was interviewing for. They had several group introductions with Senior Managers and Partners. I interviewed with 4 people; an internal recruiter from HR, a manager, senior manager, and a partner/principal. They asked basic questions like, "Walk me through your resume," "Tell me about yourself," "Why consulting or what experience do you have in consulting or client services." All of the interviews were friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had ever worked for someone younger than me and how would I handle working for someone younger than me.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Campus recruiting. Applied through school website, then was invited to first round on-campus interview. Heard back within 2 days about an invitation of office visit. Within 3 business days they offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • The 1st round interviewer was a manager, who asked all behavioral questions. Such as "You've done many community services, was there a situation when you took the lead while you were not required to?" or "tell me a situation when things were not going to the right direction, and someone in your team was not corroborative, how did you deal with it?" Very hard to involve that person into some interesting conversation besides answering BQs. In the office visit there were 2 rounds of interviews, very conversational, with one manager and one senior manager, they asked me about the 1120s I have prepared in my previous internships, and we talked about teamwork, global mindset (EY's global talent help), tax incentives, the differences between working at corporate and CPA firms, how is working environment in corporate, CPA exams, etc. Questions: "was there a time when you were less motivated?" "how did you deal with challenges/conflicts"   View Answer

Intern Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Applied through on campus recruitment. The process at my school was very selective and only 4 students were chosen to interview for the Audit internship.Went through only first round but the greeter and interviewer were really nice.The greeter was a newly hired associate and she was very nice in helping the interviewees calm their fears before the interview. The interview was pretty good too.its just going through your resume and identifying why you make a good candidate. The trick to interviewing for the big 4's is to highlight all your strengths as much as possible even if they don't explicitly ask.I failed to do this and even though my interviewer and I had similar interests I failed to identify my strengths.I got an email 2 days after telling me they won't be moving on with me but I emailed my interviewer asking for tips to help me better my interview and I ended up getting an internship at another big 4

Intern Interview

Second round of interviews was between a senior associate, manager, and partner. Most questions between associate and manager were behavioral. interview with partner was very laid back. After interviewing, I had to wait about two weeks before I got a rejection.

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

I applied on the university recruitment system. There's a pre-night dinner before both first-round and second-round interviews. But the second pre-night dinner is more focused for the service line you are applying for and I actually sat next to one of the interviewers I interviewed with the second day.
    There is a case interview for the second round, in which you are provided a 6 pages technology related case and some basic data about the firm you are providing consulting service for. It was standard business case but it could be a tough round in such limited time frame (35-40 minutes) and without Google to help you. All other interview rounds are all behavior-based though.
    I heard someone were given coding problems, but mine were all behavior and get-to-know-you type of conversations. I guess it depends on the position type and interviewer's background.
    I got the offer the next morning of the second round, I was really surprised they responded this quickly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to your friend asking for help if you are already under some deadline pressure?   Answer Question
    negotiate on the deadline of accepting the offer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY.

An indian recruiter talked to us in the career fair, and asked us to interview with him. He was very assuming and disrespectful to students from other origins except from India. I heard that all the Indian students interviewed by him all went to the next rounds.

FSO Structured Finance Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Visited on a recruiting trip to their Houston Office, then was contacted by a recruiter to set up an on campus interview. They had you complete a short writing assessment before the actual interview, and that was not very difficult. The night before the interview they hosted a dinner and had employees from various departments there to field any questions or concerns you may have. The on campus interview was very conversational and laid back, basic "walk me through your resume" style and a few behaviors. Then an in-office "super-day" which consisted of two interviews with management and a case study. Again, nothing to difficult or out of the ordinary in any of the interviews. The case study was easy and nothing to stress over.

None, they submitted a high quality offer so there was no need to negotiate further.

Assurance Interview

I applied through my campus career website and got 1st round on campus interview. I got asked general resume questions and asked why EY. The interviewer is very friendly and candid. And he also asked me which sector I m interested in.

Interview Questions
    • what suggestions would you give to a group that all group members have Type A personality.   Answer Question

Business Advisor Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I got the first round interview on campus. It was an 1:1 interview. And they just went through my resume and asked behavior questions, such as my leadership experiences, difficult time in work, or why EY, why the position. The recruiters were very nice. Then, they sent me a writing assessment, and after that, I was invited to office for the second round interview including a case interview, which happened about two weeks after the writing assessment.