EY Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
2,573 Interview Reviews

2.9

Performance Improvement Consultant, Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

After a successful internship in home country office, which was easy to get, I applied to a foreign office (but which I was still eligible to work in without visa sponsorship) through internal channels. Skipped psychometric evaluations, had a simple phone interview, and encountered no problems.

Audit Staff FSO Interview

The first round is on campus and the second round is on-site. The first round was more like a conversation than an interview. The partner first introduced herself and then asked some common behavioral questions like your team experience, time management, and how to solve a conflict.

Tax Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

This was the 1st round phone interview. I thought it went well. The interviewer seemed to confirm that. It was a basic screening process seeing if you would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about the information on the resume I had provided.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

Was referred to EY by a Recruiter. The position was for Advisory Manager based in NYC in their Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) group.
    First round was telephonic for about 30 min. Questions were related to the current project and also a couple of situational questions. This happened towards mid December. Then heard back from the Recruiter that EY wanted to meet me in person. Was called in on a Super Day (Jan 23rd) where they have their team interview multiple people for different positions (all on one day)
    Had 4 interviews, 3 were with partners and one was a Senior Manager. Most of them were connected to the resume and current roles/ responsibilites and how I would fit into EY. Was more of a discussion. All the interviewers and the HR folks were very pleasant. Had a great experience!
    Response was very quicik, interviews were on a Friday and the verbal offer came through in a week's time.

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

first round on campus interview, all behavior questions, about 30 minutes; writing test, has time - limits; second round onsite interviews, 2 behavior interviews, each 45 minutes, one case interview, no technical questions, 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • go through your resume; what is the hardest situation during your previous internship; how do you work with people with different personality from you; tell about a case where you have a leadership role; how do you manage when there are multiple tasks at once; why do you apply for our company/this position/this city   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I got my interview at campus. The process went on in a rather weird way. Since this was the first round. I expected that it would involve a lot of behavior questions. However, in the interview, they only spent less than two minutes asking me questions based on my resume. For the rest of the 28 minutes, I was asked two statistical problems of graduate student level. Those two problems were really theoretical.

Interview Questions
    • One was about covariance matrix. The other was about linear regression model.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

I was contacted by a recruiter. I interviewed for the position at Enterprise Intelligence within the Financial Services Office, New York. The first round was phone interview with a senior manager. It was pretty straight forward and pleasant. More of conversational, went on for half an hour. I was then shortlisted to appear for their in person interview round called EY SUPERDAY in New York. The interview started at 10:30 am and ended 12:30 pm. There were 4 in person interviews for 30 mins each - 2 managers, 1 Senior Manager and 1 Recruiter. All of them were mostly behavioral and situation based - tell us about your experience, why EY, how would you handle a difficult boss, how do you work in teams etc. Overall, the experience was pleasant and I was satisfied the way I performed.

BAPProgram Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

The interview process was entirely behavioral. I was interviewed by a Senior Manager who was a very nice guy. Very comfortable interview atmosphere. The turn around time for a response took more than two weeks which annoyed me a little bit. Questions included "Why do you want to work at EY?",
    "What makes a good consultant?", "Tell me a time you worked in a team", etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at EY?
      What makes a good consultant?

Answer Question

Technology Advisory Program Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2015.

I applied through a referral.

Details
    The hiring process took no longer than 4 weeks and was a fairly simple process overall.

1) Reached out by an EY recruiter in the beginning regarding the nature of the position and a discussion of the type of work involved, asked behavioral questions. Conversation Lasted around 30 mins.

2) Next I received an email saying I had to complete a timed writing assessment (40 mins) within 48 hours. It was a basic essay. Random topic. If you have done essays in GRE, you should not worry.

3) A week later, I received an email, I was notified that I had advanced to the second round.

The second round interview consists of a "super day" at your specific office location (mine was New York), where you attend a series of presentations, then they match you up with a 'Greeter' who escorts you to your interviews for that day. 2 Behavioral Interviews and 1 case study. Behavioral question were very basic - Strength, weakness, leadership, experience in working with teams and how do you handle conflict
    Case study - I was given two pages to read (30 mins to read and makes notes) and after that series of questions were asked. My case study was about credit card company who was trying to expand. It was very basic not like NOT like a consulting case for MBB. Having a basic understanding of frameworks will help.

Got the call with an offer the Monday following my Thursday interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I applied from campus career website posting and got a campus interview a week later. The company sent alumni to give the first round interviews. Then about two weeks after the first round interview, onsite interview invitation was sent by emails.

Interview Questions
    • Describe leadership and teamwork experience. Why do you choose tax function?
      Which sub service line do you want to join?

Answer Question