EY Interview Questions

2.9

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2014.

2 x 30 min back to back interview
    30 behavioral - biggest challenge, team conflict, how to apply my background with consulting.
    30 min case study - outsourcing or expand existing capacity.

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Friendly interview, and great dinner afterward. They were very welcoming and the interview went over the basic questions (Give me a time when...). They do not make you nervous at all.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to deliver bad news to a person   Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Position posted on Campus Recruiting website. Applied and 1 day after deadline I got email for phone interview. Interviewer was a manager. Basic questions regarding to my resume. Since I have IT background in my undergraduate study but I only have experience in Finance and Tax, interviewer seems to be upset.

Tax Technology Interview

phone interview from a hiring managers which lasts for a little bit more than half an hour. questions include some common behavior questions and your past experience,especially whether you have experience with vba. after questions you can ask him any questions you wanna know about this position.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I applied on university career website and got invited to the on-campus interview.
    There is a pre-night event before the interview where you can meet your interviewer next day and other professionals&former interns.
    The interview is 1-1 and conversational based. Most questions are based on resume and why you are interested in accounting/EY.

Audit Interview

Two rounds interviews. The first was on campus and the second one was on site. There were both pre night event before two interviews for candidate to meet with companies staff or probably interviewers. I Interviewed with three people during the second round interview, manager, senior manager and partner that lasted half of the day. One interviewer asked a lot of behavioral questions while the other two were more conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have conflict with group members   Answer Question

On Site Support Specialist (OSS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

I was hired during an acquisition of Arthur Andersen. EY acquired several offices around the globe when AA fell from the Enron accusations. I was brought over to support some of their new offices.

I was given the same pay I was making. I suggest take the job if offered. They pay well, they are fare, and they have the best retirement plan available.

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

The whole process is very conversational. The manager gave me info about the position and his personal development, and asked me if I have any questions. So its basically me asked questions, he answered, and I added comment to his answers.

Emerging Leaders Program, Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

I come from a recruited school so I applied via my school's career site. I then had one on-campus interview with my school recruiter. It lasted 30 minutes. It's very casual and they simply ask about you and your interests.

Senior Associate Financial Services Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

I was referred by a friend who works at the Financial Services Office.

Interview Process:
    1) Phone screen with HR: Basically HR wanted to understand my background and make sure I have consulting experience in order to move forward.
    2) Phone screen with Partner: Since my consulting experience happened 5 years ago, the Partner wanted to make sure I still had the skills. He knew I did not have FS skills but he was comfortable that I had consulting skills so I moved on to the Super Day.
    3) Super Day: I went to the NY office and had 5 back to back 45-minute interview. The first interview was with the Partner, second interview was with HR, third interview was with a senior manager, 4th interview was with a manager and the final interview was with another senior manager. The interviews were conversational. Most of them told me during the interview that it was easier to teach FS skills than teach someone to become a consultant.

The feedback that I received was that all of them believed I had consulting skills but the deciding factor was the lack of FS skills.

Interview Questions
    • The last senior manager asked me technical FS questions.   Answer Question