EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Norman, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through university career service. Couple days after I received interview notification. We had a group dinner at a restaurant then interview is the next day. EY hired about 2 out of 20 people.

Interview Question – Why you want to work for us   Answer Question

Quant Interview

Quant

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details – one phone interview with hr. then on-site with four current employees in the group. nothing unexpected. interviewers kept the interview questions pretty related to my background and resume. interviewers with different functionality in the group, which seems to test where I should fit if I get selected

Interview Question – why EY   Answer Question

IT Audit Interview

IT Audit
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1. On-campus interview. Difficult to get your foot in the door otherwise (so I hear from other friends who have tried).
2. Office visits/ 2nd interview. Gives you a good feel for the office environment, staff members, culture, etc.
3. Offer

Interview Question – What two traits demonstrate leadership? How have you demonstrated these traits?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Other job offer from a firm that fit with me over EY.

Intern Interview

Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – EY interviews on campus for both their leadership program and for full-time summer/winter internships. After one round of campus interviews, you are invited to the office for a second interview if you pass the first one. I interviewed with about 4 different people at all different levels in the company, from senior managers to a partner. Mostly background info and getting to know you based on your resume. Not too difficult or strenous.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard- only a few behavioral questions such as a time you exhibited leadership skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – phone call shortly after finishing my interview; formal written offer came within several days and I had 2 weeks to make a decision

Audit FSO Interview

Audit FSO
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – applied through campus job center. Got interview and had two rounds of interviews-one on campus with senior manager, and one onsite with two interviewers (one manager, and one senior manager)

Interview Question – none, but remember something about leadership- how to deal with difficult team member   Answer Question

Financial Services Interview

Financial Services

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I heard that EY normally hires college grads a year in advance, but I decided to sent a fluke email to a recruiter this past spring expressing interest in working for EY. She ended up calling me the next day saying they had openings in their Financial Services Department. I was then informed that another recruiter would be in touch with me (that took about 2 weeks) and she was able to set me up with a phone interview with a senior manager 3 days later. The phone interview lasted just under 30 minutes and it was basic questions about my tax internship, any challenges i've overcome, why i was relocating etc. About 5 days later I received an email to have an office visit to meet with 3 professionals. EY paid for my flight and put me in an awesome hotel just a block away from their building. The office visit was fantastic...I had an assigned "greeter" who chatted and showed me around briefly and then I had my three interviews back to back for a half hour a piece. It was easy and very conversational. No behavioral interview questions and mainly them talking about themselves and what they do. Afterwards my greeter took me out for coffee and answered any additional questions I had. About a week and a half later I got a call from the recruiter saying they would be extending me an offer. Overall, it was a very positive experience, just a longer process than I hoped or expected.

Interview Question – Be prepared for the typical "tell me about yourself", prior work experience, and why you have an interest in that specific industry. If you make it to the office visit they know you have the credentials, just be personable, keep the convo going, and do your research to have relevant questions   Answer Question

Senior Associate FAAS Interview

Senior Associate FAAS
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews, behaviorial questions. Not difficult; just be very personable. Practice is growing so hiring process is not picky at all. People's quality are lowered thanbefore.

Interview Question – Just don't make up accounting references if you aren't sure. IF there is one thing people know here, that is their accounting guidance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Learning & Development Interview

Learning & Development

The process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Quite possibly THE worst recruitment process I have ever experienced.

Having submitted an online application for a role, I had an initial telephone interview (with the recruiter) which went well. A day later I was asked for my availability for a face to face interview. I duly provided this but heard nothing for three weeks - then an email asking again for availability. After another 2 weeks I received an email inviting me in for a f2f interview. I confirmed this was fine. A day before the interview was due to take place I received a call from the recruiter saying the role was being placed on hold for 3 weeks and so the interview was cancelled. No further explanation as to why but she advised she would be in touch in a few weeks to rearrange. I chased once but no response so gave up on that application.

Whilst disappointed and frustrated by this experience, I gave them the benefit of doubt and applied for a different role. I created my application in their online system - having completed a draft I exited the system leaving it in "draft" status and planned to return to it the next day to finalise and submit it. The next morning I received one of their automated rejection emails for that role - but I hadn't actually submitted my application! I emailed the recruiter who I had been liaising with for the previous role, querying whether this was an error and whether it was still worth finalising and submitting the CV. She passed the buck to a colleague who I emailed but never heard back from. Needless to say, I won't be applying to EY again!

It's seriously worrying that EY are in the business of advising other companies on talent & recruitment strategies when their own processes/procedures are beyond amateur!

Interview Question – Why do you wang to work for EY   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I applied online, they setup first round of telephonic interview , then in-person interview. First with Application Development Team, general technical questions on C++, algorithm etc.. then second round with manager about team and general company overview and then with HR with personality and general environmental fit related questions. Hr also asked about expected compensation etc...

Interview Question – Asked about general skill sets, No of years of experience and some technical questions. It was looking ok, called after a few days, but they hired other candidate.   Answer Question

Manager - Risk Advisory Services Interview

Manager - Risk Advisory Services

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Generalist interview, technical phone interview, on-site interview. General recruiter to describe role and process. technical phone interview to see if you have technical knowledge, on-site if you pass. A bit more detailed than expected phone interview. More job specific questions than most phone interviews. Been to on-site 4 hour interviews with others with ample preparation, but the grilling starts on the technical screen.

Interview Question – Can you explain the difference bet international and us application of regulation x which was just revised?   Answer Question