EY

Updated Nov 17, 2014
2,268 Interview Reviews

2.9

Diversified Tax Staff Interview

It is campus recruiting. Submitted my resume and transcript (no cover letter needed) on career center's website and offered first round interview a week later. My interviewer was friendly and at some point, I asked her a question and she took the conversation. Got an in-house interview a week later and will go to SF next Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Go through the resume and ask a few questions about my experience. The rest of the interview is conversational.   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Had 1st round interview on campus, very basic. Basically just walked through my resume and was asked when i had worked in a team when it had not worked out and name a time that i got criticized on my work and what i did about it. Second round interviews were basically the same thing but with a case study.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you worked in a group and ran into conflict   Answer Question

Launch Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

I learned of the opportunity through an adviser at my University and applied. The next day I received an email asking to meet with me for a One-on-One, which probably resulted from me getting a good word put in by my adviser. Two weeks later I met with the recruiter on campus, the interview process was very simple just her informing me of all the specifics of the program and questions regarding things I had on my resume as well as the classic "tell me about yourself". This lasted for 30 minutes and went well. A little over two weeks later I received a phone call about an in office interview that would take place 3 days later. The interview consisted of meeting with a Manager and a Partner individually the process took a little over an hour. I had an escort to and from each interview. The interviews were very casual no seriously hard questions. They wanted to see if I was a good fit for the company.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

The process took about a month. I applied through my career center and got a decision for first interview in a week. The first round interview consisted of behavioral questions and resume review. The second interview confirmation was sent within the next day. EY's office interview was more conversational than structured. They really wanted to see if your personality would fit the firm. I received a call within the next day with the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Started by applying through campus job website. Was selected for an on campus interview. Interviewed with a manager, very relaxed, went over resume. Very conversational, asked about teamwork and leadership, but also just talked about career path and studies in general. Heard back about 2 and a half weeks after on campus interview, inviting me to an office visit or "superday". That day I was given a welcome presentation, which was followed by 2 interviews back to back, and then was taken out to a lunch. "Superday" experience was fantastic, made very comfortable, and everyone was very welcoming. Interviews were similar to on-campus, focused less on specific questions. Went over resume but they were more focused on what my career aspirations were, why EY, why accounting. Again very conversational, they liked to talk about how they got to EY and their careers. Got a call less than an hour after the interview offering me a position. Written offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked on a team that had members that were difficult to work with.
      Talk about your leadership positions at school.
      Why Accounting? Why EY? Why Audit?
        View Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Applied through on campus recruiting, got first round on campus interview, then flew to have second round interview in office. All questions were behavioral/about your resume. Talking with other interviewees, I think it was a consensus that the first round interview was actually more difficult and more serious while the second round superday interviews were more laid-back. So if you get an in-office interview, know that your chances are pretty good!

Interview Questions

I accepted an offer from PwC tax.

EY Launch Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

I spoke to the minority recruiter for EY and she forwarded me on to the office that I chose. They flew me out, showed me around the office, interviewed me, and took me out to lunch. It was a very laid back experience.

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

I had my first interview at my campus career center. Then was asked for a 2nd, onsite interview a few weeks later. At the onsite interview, I talked with a partner and a manager. Then went out to lunch with some of the other staff and other candidates. All of the interviews were very conversational, and asked mostly get to know you questions.

None

Business Advisory Consultant Interview

80% behavorial questions and 20% case interview questions. It was straight forward, you just have to know how your interests align with the company's. Also, make sure you can express reasons why you are a great fit to the organization and why you are a better fit than anyone else for that position.

Quantitative Advisory Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Get this interview by program networking. Our program is EY's target.

The interview is very technical. The interviewer is an alumnus. He asks me questions about C++, interest rate curve generation, and other technical part of my resume.