EY Interview Questions

1,966 Interview Reviews

2.8

1,966 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview began with breakfast with about a dozen other applicants. Breakfast was followed by a general overview of the firm and then short presentations from senior staff members from the three main product line services (Assurance, Tax, Advisory). Next was two thirty minute interviews which were pretty casual and mostly personality based questions. Finally all the applicants were taking to lunch (Phillips).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult individual and how you overcame that difficulty.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online through university's campus recruiting website, got an email for an interview within the week. The interview was held on-campus a week after that with two back-to-back interviews. I got my result a week and a half after my interview.

Audit Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA).

Interview

First round of interviews was a phone interview with the recruiter. We had met before so it was comfortable and conversational. Lasted ~ 20-30 minutes. About two weeks later I was told I was invited to the second round of interviews. The second round of interviews was a super day. The super day starts with a breakfast with the other recruits and several staff members. We were paired with a "buddy" for the day. The goal of the breakfast is to calm your nerves and let you get to know some of the staff. After the breakfast, the recruiters gave a presentation about the firm and talked to you about their own experiences at the firm. Next, we had the interviews. I had 2 interviews with managers which each lasted 30 minutes. The interviews were strictly behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when...") and questions about my resume and transcript. I did not find the interviews to be stressful and the interviewers did not ask any particularly tricky questions. Following the interviews, we had a panel of first- and second-year staff answer questions we had about the company, the job, the area, etc. Finally, we were treated to lunch with our buddies and the other recruits and sent on our way! I heard back about my offer roughly a week and a half after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, questions about my resume, questions about some atypical classes I had taken (I took quite a few science classes in college), do I like to travel, etc...   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through career services on campus. Had a pre-interview dinner the night before. Interview was 45 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions and some about my resume. The interview was with a senior manager at the office where I was applying for. Was asked to bring my transcript, but didn't end up looking at it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you were in a team and accomplished something.   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly casual. They didn't ask any technical or behavioral questions. I think the point was to get to know you more and see if your personality fits in with the firm. We mainly talked about what's on my resume. It's also a good idea to prepare a few questions to keep the conversation going.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through college/university. A recruiter got back to me around 1-2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. She was very friendly and knowledgeable about the firm - she asked a set of behavioral questions regarding your interests, leadership style, teamwork experience, work experience, extracurriculars, etc. I got invited in a few days later for the NY office visit superday. The superday consisted of a presentation by some senior managers/partners, a Q&A panel composed of current workers, and interviews with two senior managers. Got the offer a week and a half later. Very friendly and top class throughout the whole process - just know yourself, what you bring to the table, and be personable!

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting process and received an interview 3 weeks after. The interviewer first introduced her service background and asked me about my internship. Then she left about 15 minutes for me to ask questions.

Externship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY in April 2015.

Interview

First rounds were on campus and second round was an office visit. If you are interested in advisory, you also have to do a writing assignment before the office visit and an extra case study interview at the office. Be prepared to talk about yourself and your resume. If you can articulate that well and portray yourself as confident and friendly, you should be fine.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview processed moved very quickly. I applied, the next day I received an email to set up a time to speak with a recruiter. The following week, I was at the site interviewing. The next day they asked me to return to meet with senior level executives. About an hour after I left the 2nd onsite interview, I received a verbal job offer! The people I met with were great. You could tell that everyone genuinely enjoyed working at EY and were happy to be there.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

First round interview was with a senior manager for 30 mins on campus. Prior to the interviews there was a pre-interview dinner where we met the professionals including the interviewers from EY. The interview was pretty much just a conversation. Between the interview and the office visit there were a few other recruiting events like progressive dinner and manicure. Office visit was about one and half month later. It was very chill and laid back. After a tour around the office, the recruiting partner presented to me the internship offer.