EY Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
1,997 Interview Reviews

2.9

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

First-round. Had a 30 min conversation with a senior manager.
    Walked through resume and did a back-of-envelope case.

Full Time Trasansaction Service Staff Interview

Interviewer cares a lot about technical part which came as a surprise for a first round interview. He also preferred people with more technical background and academic knowledge rather than looking at personality and potential. Almost felt like conversation was like taking a finance/accounting class and answer exam questions orally.

Interview Questions
    • how to value a company? I have this framework how would you add to it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

CV screen, on-site assessment center, Manager and HR interviews

Interview Questions
    More or less no negotiation

Advisory Staff Interview

Questions will be asked regarding why you apply for the job, how you can fit and assist the department and some situational questions may be asked.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how to increase the revenue of a school.   View Answer

Intern Interview

1st Interview - On campus, very easy, simple questions

2nd Interview - At the office, basic questions, showed you around the office followed by lunch

None

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Applied through available careers at their website for a tax associate position. Received a call from the HR department for an interview with the tax department and received an offer a week after the interview.

The interview process was very lighthearted. I enjoyed talking to the 2 interviewers.

The whole process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can multitask in fast-paced environment?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY.

Recruited on campus and had an on campus interview. It consisted of 4 parts. Very behavioral based type questions. Questions seemed almost redundant at times.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult but make sure to have several answers available to answer very similar questions basically all asking, "Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult person or situation and how did you overcome it."   Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Senior Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

I was contact by a recruiter via Linked in. The recruiter contacted me based on my professional experience, listed skills, and MEMBERSHIPS on linkedin. We spoke on the phone a few times and eventually set up an interview.

The hiring and interview process was quick, only a few weeks long. Interviews were based strongly on technical skills and audit methodology. Very few behavioral questions. This is not a job to apply for if you don't have the chops to talk about IT Risk\Audit in heavy detail. Not technical detail, but strong detail in methodologies, governance, etc. Be prepared with specific examples for all of your accomplishments in your career.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about how you succeeded as a leader during a project   View Answer
    No need for negotiation. They gave me exactly what I had asked for.

Consultant Interview

Very comprehensive interview process with multiple rounds to assess technical and interpersonal skills

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to join consulting after number of years in research   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in March 2009.

- 30 minute phone interview with a busy senior manager, interview had to be re-scheduled within 2 hours of original time.
    - an entire day dedicated to the in-house interviews informational presentation and office tours and lunch. only 2 of 12 selected for offers, one intern, one new staff

Interview Questions
    • Write the code for a function that reverses a string   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate, but at the entry-level it would have been worthless. Look at similar salaries for your position and area and then add additional compensation for 50+ hours per week and your own value on personal work/life balance (this will be non-existant)