EY Interview Questions

1,993 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY.

I applied through a program at my school and got a risk intern interview. The interview process consisted of situational questions and a 15 minute case study prior to the interview. Going to any recruitment event or job fair will definitely bump up the chances of you getting an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions were discussed (ratios, methodologies) from the case study, just make sure that you ask questions about the case study for clarification, not simply just providing answers to the scenario in retrospect.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY.

The hiring and interview process was very smooth. I applied through a recruiter and the process took approximately 4 weeks. They got back to me within a week for a phone interview. Two weeks later I received an email for a second round interview at their office. It was an 1-on-1 interview with two senior managers and each interview lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation with a team member.   Answer Question
    Not much from for negotiation.

Transfer Pricing Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Interview process was very structured and formal. I got to meet several of the transfer pricing group, including several staff at the time. Most of the interviews were pretty informal and lighthearted. A few of the interviewees took me for lunch where they allowed for me to ask them information questions regarding the job, expectations, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Question regarding manufacturing tested party and appropriate PLI   Answer Question
    very structured and little room for flexibility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in May 2012.

Applied through university career service. Couple days after I received interview notification. We had a group dinner at a restaurant then interview is the next day. EY hired about 2 out of 20 people.

Quant Interview

one phone interview with hr. then on-site with four current employees in the group. nothing unexpected. interviewers kept the interview questions pretty related to my background and resume. interviewers with different functionality in the group, which seems to test where I should fit if I get selected

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

EY interviews on campus for both their leadership program and for full-time summer/winter internships. After one round of campus interviews, you are invited to the office for a second interview if you pass the first one. I interviewed with about 4 different people at all different levels in the company, from senior managers to a partner. Mostly background info and getting to know you based on your resume. Not too difficult or strenous.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard- only a few behavioral questions such as a time you exhibited leadership skills   Answer Question
    phone call shortly after finishing my interview; formal written offer came within several days and I had 2 weeks to make a decision

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

1. On-campus interview. Difficult to get your foot in the door otherwise (so I hear from other friends who have tried).
    2. Office visits/ 2nd interview. Gives you a good feel for the office environment, staff members, culture, etc.
    3. Offer

Interview Questions
    • What two traits demonstrate leadership? How have you demonstrated these traits?   View Answer

Other job offer from a firm that fit with me over EY.

Financial Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at EY.

I heard that EY normally hires college grads a year in advance, but I decided to sent a fluke email to a recruiter this past spring expressing interest in working for EY. She ended up calling me the next day saying they had openings in their Financial Services Department. I was then informed that another recruiter would be in touch with me (that took about 2 weeks) and she was able to set me up with a phone interview with a senior manager 3 days later. The phone interview lasted just under 30 minutes and it was basic questions about my tax internship, any challenges i've overcome, why i was relocating etc. About 5 days later I received an email to have an office visit to meet with 3 professionals. EY paid for my flight and put me in an awesome hotel just a block away from their building. The office visit was fantastic...I had an assigned "greeter" who chatted and showed me around briefly and then I had my three interviews back to back for a half hour a piece. It was easy and very conversational. No behavioral interview questions and mainly them talking about themselves and what they do. Afterwards my greeter took me out for coffee and answered any additional questions I had. About a week and a half later I got a call from the recruiter saying they would be extending me an offer. Overall, it was a very positive experience, just a longer process than I hoped or expected.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for the typical "tell me about yourself", prior work experience, and why you have an interest in that specific industry. If you make it to the office visit they know you have the credentials, just be personable, keep the convo going, and do your research to have relevant questions   Answer Question

Audit FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

applied through campus job center. Got interview and had two rounds of interviews-one on campus with senior manager, and one onsite with two interviewers (one manager, and one senior manager)

Interview Questions
    • none, but remember something about leadership- how to deal with difficult team member   Answer Question

Senior Associate FAAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

2 rounds of interviews, behaviorial questions. Not difficult; just be very personable. Practice is growing so hiring process is not picky at all. People's quality are lowered thanbefore.

Interview Questions
    • Just don't make up accounting references if you aren't sure. IF there is one thing people know here, that is their accounting guidance.   Answer Question
    No negotiation