EY Interview Questions

2,860 Interview Reviews

2.9

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

The most bizarre interviewing experience: initially the process was well organized but then fell off the rails
    - Round 0: Introductory call with hiring manager (I came in via referral)
    - Round 1 (week later): HR screen
    - Round 2: (3 weeks later) 4 interviews with partners
    - Round 3: (2 weeks later) call with a senior partner
    ... so far so good, both HR and business folks seem top notch and well organized, and I had remaining 2 rounds left... but then weird stuff began to happen. Hiring manager and HR folks would completely disappear, so I would chase them, they would commit to respond by a certain date and disappear again, and then I would re-start another cycle. Rather than business and HR folks communicating directly, they would repeatedly ask me if I heard from their internal counterpart or if I already had an interview?! Partners would literally beg HR to schedule the next round like it was some huge favor...
    - Round 4: (5+ months later!) finally, call with the more senior partner ... I shared details of all the nonsense and questioned him how I could successfully grow business in such environment. He was a bit defensive but pleasant, gave positive indication and promised to follow-up with next steps shortly... never heard from them again

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied online through university's campus recruiting website, got an email for an interview about a week later. My interview was held on-campus a week after that with a partner and a manager (two back-to-back interviews). I got my result a week and a half after my interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

Interview

Submitted application on EY's website as well as college career services website. Received a notification/email about interview and signed up for a time slot. Met the campus recruiter before interviewing and he gave a rundown of the company and answered our questions. Met with the interviewer and first he briefly talked about his background and working at EY. He didn't ask any behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, do you have any questions for me   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Interview

It took months not weeks especially since I am a higher level manager with seniority. It was quite unprofessional, with monthly reminders, shifting priorities and starting the in person interview 20 minutes late. They systems are rigid and it took them over a month to reimburse my travel expenses. Glad I didn't join their team, they are extremely demanding and what we call a chew factory. There is no work life balance and they will take every advantage from their employees in time, financially and benefits. Many professionals I know that have joined, were promised positions and promotions and they dangle these over them continually without ever rewarding them once they have met their goals. During the interview process no one smiled, not even around the office. It was evident that employees were focused and mechanical. They weren't even apologetic about keeping me waiting. I spent approximately 15-20 minutes with each interviewer since they had double booked appointments, so it was very quick and rushed.(Disorganized)

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my current employers strategies, which is confidential and violates most NDAs.   1 Answer

TAP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

1st round at school. 2nd round in Dallas. The first round was just behavioral on why EY, strength weakness, going through resume. 2nd round was networking dinner then interview next day. Interview was 2 behavioral and 1 case-study.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very quick. Talked with an EY employee at a networking function and sent them my resume afterwards. A week later I was given a phone interview and a week after that I was flown out to the office for final rounds. Several behavioral interviews and a case study. They got back to me within a week with my offer. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions (While they seem like throwaways, THESE QUESTIONS ARE ENORMOUSLY IMPORTANT):
      • Tell me about yourself
      • Why do you want this job, at this company?
      • What do you do outside of work?
      • What is your greatest weakness
      • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      • Describe a situation when you have had to work with someone difficult and what you did to overcome this

1 Answer
    • Case Study: (EY's case consulting studies relate directly to the sort of work the position entails)
      • IE for Operational Transaction Advisory - Interviewer will explain a transaction case involving M&A Transaction Diligence:
      o How would you combine two companies to realize cost synergies?
      o What operational improvements would you suggest?

Notes:
      - Case is tailored to operational diligence – OTS provides a deeper analysis of what a firm does
      - They want to see someone who is willing to take a risk and demonstrate good business instincts

1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was generous enough to mitigate any reason for negotiation. There was some leeway as to which office I would work in.

Launch Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Online application led to an interview which led to another in the office location then a quick decision within about a week of the second interview. Interviews were all behavioral and good conversation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (McLean, VA).

Interview

Very disorganized process that lasted over 9 months to offer; multiple no shows that required rescheduling. EY did not seem understand or communicate to each other my interests as an applicant. I was constantly having to re-explain what about the practice appealed to me, and what I was actively not interested in. Their most pressing question concerned my tolerance for travel.

Interview Questions

Ultimately, the lack of clarity around my role within the practice, combined with an offer that would require me to take a pay cut coming from the industry, led me to decline.

Associate Interview

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews, Manager, Senior Manager and 2 Partners. Questions are very easy, particularly fit questions to make sure you are interested in doing transfer pricing. The partners are very nice and encouraging and want you to succeed but are interested in determining that you are keen and want to be a part of Transfer Pricing.

Winter Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round interview was held on campus after I turned in my resume. I was interviewed with a senior manager. The on-site interview was a bit more intense. I interviewed with a partner and two senior managers. The female partner was extremely nice and emphasized on the importance of work life balance.