EY

1,913 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisory Risk Intern Interview

Advisory Risk Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details – 1st round was a quick phone interview. No more than 30 minutes. All behavioral questions. What is an example of a time you did this? What is an example of a time you failed at what you were doing and how did you respond? (These are not the actual questions, but just examples).

At the end of the call the recruiter said she would like to have me have an in office interview the next weekend. The night prior to the office interview, the partner in my service line hosted all the interns interviewing for a position in my office. It was informal, and I quite enjoyed it, however, they are judging you here based on how social and friendly you are, so keep that in mind.

In the in office interview in the morning, many of my interviewers I had met the night before. It is good to keep your interactions from the prior night in mind because the majority of the questions asked in office are conversational based on your resume, and if you can tie this back to your prior knowledge of the interviewer, all the better. I had two partner interviews both following this resume review format, and the case study was not hard either. Just know what a SWOT analysis is. Thanks to Glassdoor I was capable of knocking this part out of the park.

Honestly, the hardest part of the interview process was the phone interview. EY's mentality is they can make someone a good accountant or consultant, but they can't make a person to match their corporate identity. So in the grand scheme of things this is what they are looking for in their interviews, do you match the company mentality?

Interview Question – All relatively easy. Just know what SWOT analysis is.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter contacted me through email that he found my resume online in December 2013. Informed me that the whole process will take about two months and offers will role out in Feb 2014. After interviewing twice on 26th January 2014 and 26th February 2014 (after two re-schedules because the Senior Manager was busy with client). I followed up with the recruiter and he informed he will get back to me within a week. However, no response was received for 1.5 months even after my repeated emails. On 10th April 2014, I got an email that I was not selected because of a particular experience background that they needed. The process was great but I expected a swift response because it wasted a lot of my job search time.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. Mostly technical and behavioral questions from my resume. A brief case was also asked which was easy to crack   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details – They found me via an application I submitted from an ad I found on Craig's List. At the time, I had no idea they had this type of position available. They have a whole internal team for each office of creative types - but just be realistic - creative in a corporate environment means a lot of copying and pasting and doing what you're told.

Interview Question – What is the type of work you think you would do best at EY?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a fairly high market salary. I countered with a much higher number and they met it.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview Interview

Emerging Leaders Program Interview
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's career services website: Resume, transcripts, cover letter. Invited to round 1 of interviews shortly (about a week) after the application period ended. First round of interviews was 30 minutes featured several behavioral based interview questions, but also getting to know the interviewer/firm in more depth. This interview was with a senior member of the firm. 1 week later, was called in for a second round of interviews that would occur about a month later. The second round of interviews lasted the better portion of a day and included an office tour, lunch, and two 30 minute interviews with other senior members of the firm. Fewer behavioral based questions were asked in these interviews. The focus was much more on conversations about the firm and accounting in general. About 1 week later, received a call that I was accepted to the program.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficulty you experienced in a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a paid position

Advisory Staff Interview

Advisory Staff

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – phone interview (screening) with recruiter, then with a manager. Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting, on site interview. (4 head to head interview, each half hour) Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".

Interview Question – price a binomial option.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got an interview through campus recruiting. The first round interview took place on campus. First round interview questions were pretty easy. They just want to know who you are. Questions like "why tax? why accounting?". Then there were 3 recruiting events on campus.

Then the firm invites you for office visit, all expenses paid for. The second round interview was with partner and manager. They ask you almost the same questions like the first round interview. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and show that you're very interested.

Interview Question – Which tax practice do you want to specialize in and why?   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Interview Details – "Big Four" firms hire college graduate one year prior their graduation. So does EY. I was in the late stage of the recruiting process. I connected with an assurance senior manager and she passed my information to campus recruiter. The campus recruiter called me and arranged me a phone call in a few days. I thought the phone call would last 30 minutes at least but it's only 8 minutes. I guess I did well and in two days the recruiter connected me with manager in specific office. In a week, the manager called me for a 20 minutes' talk. In a few days, I was told that they wanted me to visit their office. So 10 days later, I flied there and they put me in a nice hotel. During my office visit, I had several back-to-back interviews and a lunch with other staffs. The whole recruiting process is tight and enjoyable. I didn't feel that I had to wait for an answer or decision for a long time. The people are awesome and I had a wonderful experience.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just casual conversation about my resume (international experience, related internship) and one or two behavior questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not for entry-level employee.

Senior Consultant III - Performance Improvement - Advisory Services Interview

Senior Consultant III - Performance Improvement - Advisory Services
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed for Org Change Mgmt Practice
a) HR interview
b) Phone interview
c) 3 rounds of in person interview

I have many years consulting experience. You should be able to describe your projects in detail. Identify key challenges, major ideas you may have suggested in various projects.

Interview Question – None. All questions focused on past experience and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was happy with my offer. Did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I had a Telephone Interview which was a combination of technical and behavioral question. Then an onsite interview. First round was a written round that had database, coding, design related questions. After that 3 rounds of behavioral interview with senior management.

Interview Question – It was straight forward interview if you have practiced enough from a technical perspective.   Answer Question