EY Interview Questions

2.9

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

1. On-campus interview. Difficult to get your foot in the door otherwise (so I hear from other friends who have tried).
    2. Office visits/ 2nd interview. Gives you a good feel for the office environment, staff members, culture, etc.
    3. Offer

Interview Questions
    • What two traits demonstrate leadership? How have you demonstrated these traits?   View Answer

Other job offer from a firm that fit with me over EY.

Financial Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at EY.

I heard that EY normally hires college grads a year in advance, but I decided to sent a fluke email to a recruiter this past spring expressing interest in working for EY. She ended up calling me the next day saying they had openings in their Financial Services Department. I was then informed that another recruiter would be in touch with me (that took about 2 weeks) and she was able to set me up with a phone interview with a senior manager 3 days later. The phone interview lasted just under 30 minutes and it was basic questions about my tax internship, any challenges i've overcome, why i was relocating etc. About 5 days later I received an email to have an office visit to meet with 3 professionals. EY paid for my flight and put me in an awesome hotel just a block away from their building. The office visit was fantastic...I had an assigned "greeter" who chatted and showed me around briefly and then I had my three interviews back to back for a half hour a piece. It was easy and very conversational. No behavioral interview questions and mainly them talking about themselves and what they do. Afterwards my greeter took me out for coffee and answered any additional questions I had. About a week and a half later I got a call from the recruiter saying they would be extending me an offer. Overall, it was a very positive experience, just a longer process than I hoped or expected.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for the typical "tell me about yourself", prior work experience, and why you have an interest in that specific industry. If you make it to the office visit they know you have the credentials, just be personable, keep the convo going, and do your research to have relevant questions   Answer Question

Audit FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

applied through campus job center. Got interview and had two rounds of interviews-one on campus with senior manager, and one onsite with two interviewers (one manager, and one senior manager)

Interview Questions
    • none, but remember something about leadership- how to deal with difficult team member   Answer Question

Senior Associate FAAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

2 rounds of interviews, behaviorial questions. Not difficult; just be very personable. Practice is growing so hiring process is not picky at all. People's quality are lowered thanbefore.

Interview Questions
    • Just don't make up accounting references if you aren't sure. IF there is one thing people know here, that is their accounting guidance.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Learning & Development Interview

The process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Quite possibly THE worst recruitment process I have ever experienced.

Having submitted an online application for a role, I had an initial telephone interview (with the recruiter) which went well. A day later I was asked for my availability for a face to face interview. I duly provided this but heard nothing for three weeks - then an email asking again for availability. After another 2 weeks I received an email inviting me in for a f2f interview. I confirmed this was fine. A day before the interview was due to take place I received a call from the recruiter saying the role was being placed on hold for 3 weeks and so the interview was cancelled. No further explanation as to why but she advised she would be in touch in a few weeks to rearrange. I chased once but no response so gave up on that application.

Whilst disappointed and frustrated by this experience, I gave them the benefit of doubt and applied for a different role. I created my application in their online system - having completed a draft I exited the system leaving it in "draft" status and planned to return to it the next day to finalise and submit it. The next morning I received one of their automated rejection emails for that role - but I hadn't actually submitted my application! I emailed the recruiter who I had been liaising with for the previous role, querying whether this was an error and whether it was still worth finalising and submitting the CV. She passed the buck to a colleague who I emailed but never heard back from. Needless to say, I won't be applying to EY again!

It's seriously worrying that EY are in the business of advising other companies on talent & recruitment strategies when their own processes/procedures are beyond amateur!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at EY.

I applied online, they setup first round of telephonic interview , then in-person interview. First with Application Development Team, general technical questions on C++, algorithm etc.. then second round with manager about team and general company overview and then with HR with personality and general environmental fit related questions. Hr also asked about expected compensation etc...

Interview Questions
    • Asked about general skill sets, No of years of experience and some technical questions. It was looking ok, called after a few days, but they hired other candidate.   Answer Question

Manager - Risk Advisory Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Generalist interview, technical phone interview, on-site interview. General recruiter to describe role and process. technical phone interview to see if you have technical knowledge, on-site if you pass. A bit more detailed than expected phone interview. More job specific questions than most phone interviews. Been to on-site 4 hour interviews with others with ample preparation, but the grilling starts on the technical screen.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain the difference bet international and us application of regulation x which was just revised?   Answer Question

Advisory Senior III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Staffing agency person referred me to EY, Got the phone interview (Technical) call in a week and then traveled to New York for personal interview. It was three 30 minutes interviews with Partner, Exec Director and senior manager. The process was great and amazing people. I have got the offer after 2 weeks from the personal interview. I have declined the offer as they were not ready to offer what I have expected. No negotiation at all.

Interview Questions
    • challenges faced in previous projects and how I have handled them.   Answer Question

I have asked for 25% higher than my current salary. EY Offered 15% higher than my current salary. Offer ended at $5K-$10K less than what I have asked for. They could not take an exception to get me more.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

The recruiter asked me those of behavioral questions, such as how do you deal with stress? give me an example of your leading role on a team; how do you get yourself started to learn new skills and knowledge? How do you deal with tight relationship with teammates. These questions were pretty easy to answer if you are prepared, the interview circumstance was pretty relaxed.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

I was a Campus hire. Had a Campus interview with an executive, which determined if you were going to get an office visit. Then at the office visit I had 2 more interviews and concluded with the offer meeting with a partner.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, campus hire.