EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Interview Details – I went through a head hunter and had 3 interviews. It was intimidating as it is a Big 4 accounting Firm and it is very corporate. But the people were pretty nice and I got through it.

Interview Question – I always hate when they ask my greatest weakness!!! They all asked this and what kind of culture I was looking for. Honestly I hate to focus on the negative and if I'm looking for a job most likely I don't care about the culture - I just need to pay my bills!!! But seriously, of course everyone wants a friendly fun environment to work in but do you was that to a bunch of stiff Accountants? Fun isn't on the agenda here!!   Answer Question

Tax Senior Interview

Tax Senior
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very complicated, however, was well organized to my surprise. I interviewed alongside 20 other candidates over a two-day period. The first day was an evening social where a mix of professionals and candidates attended. The next morning was a series of three interviews with Managers to area Managing Partners. Afterwords, we were taken out to lunch. During the entire process I was assigned a "buddy" that took me to my interviews and I was able to ask questions with the entire time.

Interview Question – The overall interview experience was unexpected. They did an excellent job of interviewing by asking life questions, asking my interests, and talking about life values, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was sent an offer packet in the mail on the day of the verbal offer. There was no negotiation.

Experienced Staff Interview

Experienced Staff
Irvine, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – I emailed my resume to a recruiter and they contacted me for interviews. Two phone interviews one with HR, the other with a partner. I was then called in for an in-office interview, where I interviewed with 4 people in total, successively. A senior, Manager, Senior Manager and Partner. All were conversational and I had to go over my resume. They weren't difficult and I quite enjoyed them. I was an auditor with PWC before this, so it certainly. Everyone was very nice, much better than the interviews I went through when I got into PWC. I'm looking forward to working at E&Y. The culture is certainly more friendly.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but the offer was better than I expected.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice in Irvine, CA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.