EY Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Apr 17, 2015

3.1

Graduate Programmer - FSA Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Application process was straight forward and efficient. Lovely team. Overall very good experience.

1. Online application form + strengths assessment test
    2. Psychometric tests
    3. First round interview. I had this at More office with a Manager in the stream chosen. He was lovely. The questions were very rigid though - the interviewer couldn't elaborate the questions. Strengths based.
    4. Assessment Centre. Most manageable out of all the Big4.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to work in the business environment?
      What do you say is more important - hard work or talent?

Advisory Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Unprofessional as hell. For my third interview, the interviewer didn't even bother to show up. After I waited 20 minutes, the reception called him on his mobile and he promised to be there in another 20 minutes. 40 minutes later, still no sign of the interviewer, having waited in the lobby for an hour, I left. Nobody called to apologise, or offer an explanation.
    How are these guys still in business is a mystery.

SummerCorporate Finance 2015 Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

- Online Application form
    - Online tests, much easier than others by Saville Consulting. Numerical, Verbal & Inductive
    - 1st round interview - Strengths based
    - Assessment Centre (did not make this stage)

Interview Questions

• Strengths based interview with some motivational questions, in-office with a person working in my division. I was given just over a week's notice. Similar to a competency interview just not as direct. Lasted around 1 hour, opportunity to ask questions at the end.

I was told that I should try and use examples wherever possible, so I tried my best to use the STAR technique but still keep the flow of my answers relatively natural.

Here are all the questions I can remember being asked:
      - What do you do in your spare time?
      - Why do you want to work in a business?
      - Why do you want to work in financial services? (specific to service line)
      - Why do you want to work in Corporate Finance?
      - Tell me about a time where you had to meet a deadline, what was your approach?
      - Tell me about a time where you helped someone
      - What would you do if you failed to keep a promise to someone?
      - How important is developing yourself to you?
      - Do you change the way you speak to different people?
      - Will your degree help you in your role here? If so, how?
      - What is your reaction when you want to achieve something but something comes in your way?
      - What are your strengths?
      - What are your weaknesses?
      - How important is using your time wisely to you?
      - How do you deal with rapidly changing situations?
      - How do you feel when someone asks you for your opinion?
      - Do you enjoy working with lots of different people?

I was also asked some questions at the end to demonstrate my commercial awareness/technical skills. I feel the interviewer added these questions to test me and see if I had any knowledge, as at this point the sheet of questions wasn't being used. I was not made aware that I was going to be asked questions of this nature so be prepared.

- Do you think interest rates are going to change anytime soon?
      - What's your outlook on the future of the UK Economy and Europe?

Unfortunately I did not make it to the Assessment Centre so I cannot give any advice on that.

Graduate Scheme-Advisory-Performance Improvement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

The first-round interview is a face-to-face one. HR is very kind, and all the questions are strength-based. They include "what are your strengths and weaknesses", "do you make schedule or make quick dive into the work". The first round is fairly easy because you can have eye contacts with the HR. The second-round is strength-based as well. There were three tasks altogether. At first there was a teamwork section, and everyone in the team is not applying the same jobs and in different levels (summer interns and graduate schemes). The second task was written assignment which included two small tasks. The last one was psychometric test. This was much more difficult than the online test so you need to get prepared. The whole process and the types of questions in the teamwork and written assignment were the same with the one described in careerblog in warwick (You can google "Succeeding at an EY (Ernst & Young) assessment centre").

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Online tests: verbal, numerical and diagrammatical (logic). Fairly easy, you get training questions.

Then first round interview, which I did over the phone. Fairly casual interview, with behavioral questions, such as "You're boss asks you to stay on a Friday night, so you can finish a task. How would you react?".

After that I was invited to the Assessment Centre in London, which was a very relaxed and enjoyable day with a group case, writing task and the same kind of test you did online. After that I had an interview with a partner, which was some behavioral questions, and some questions that I believe are tailored for every applicant. All in all, very nice process, with a lot of feedback and contact by phone or email, keeping you up to date on your application status.

Interview Questions

• You're boss asks you to stay on a Friday night, so you can finish a task. How would you react?   Answer Question

Internal Audit & Controls Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

After completing online testing was invited to interview at regional offices. 'Strength' based interview rather than competency based - which turned out to feel a lot like a situational awareness interview. Interviewer was quite dour and did not offer any agreement or encouragement to what I was saying. The interview was lengthy - 16 questions, which seemed by the end to be fundamentally repeating themselves. I had a good experience with the speed and manner with which my application was handled, and clearly I was not a suitable candidate on the day - particularly with respect to their line of questioning.

Interview Questions

• 'Why are did you choose this regional office to apply to?'   Answer Question

Fraud Investigation and Dispute Services Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview felt more like a conversation than interview. The interviewer was really nice and really put me at ease. It was a strengths based interview, so instead of competency questions which say give an example of a time...... , the questions started with do you or would you, which you then had to give an answer to along with a supporting example.

Interview Questions

• Would you say that you apply the things you learn to real life?
      Do people listen to your advice?
      Tell me about your extracurricular activities?
      What is your attitude towards hard work?

SummerAudit Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was really kind and he presented how the interview goes from the start. There were only questions about myself, how do I react in different situations and about that job in particular.

Scholarship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

One interview at the end of the application process.
    Interviewer went out of his way to be calming and friendly.

It's a strength based interview.

Answering generic interview questions in advance was of good help.

Interview Questions

• Citing a recent situation in which you felt there was no possibility of a good outcome, how did you manage to turn it around and achieve a good outcome, using your skills?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

The first round interview was conducted in a friendly dialogue manner and went very well. During the assessment centre we had an opportunity to introduce ourselves in the beginning then were split into groups of 5 to do a group exercise and a writing task, which was followed by numerical, verbal and logical reasoning tests.

Interview Questions

• First round interview consisted mostly of the competency questions and motivations for applying for a position at EY.   Answer Question