EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Fraud Investigation and Dispute Services Executive Interview

Fraud Investigation and Dispute Services Executive
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview Details – Referred to by an agent, asked to complete a Watson Glaser test then a first round interview with an Executive and a Manager. Interviewers asked me to go through my CV and asked some competency based questions relating to my experience.

Interview Question – Can you give me an example of a time where you had to work with new people on a project? What was your approach?   Answer Question

Performance Improvement Advisory Graduate Interview

Performance Improvement Advisory Graduate
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview in the london office. IT was strengths based with a few motivation questions at the end. Fairly good experience but look at what strengths ey wants in candidates.

Interview Question – Are you self aware of your own strengths and weknesses   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview Details – One interview with management.
Lot of questions on personal life and some experience questions.

Interview Question – What was the last thing you learned   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't like the sound of the job.

Financial Services IT Advisory Interview

Financial Services IT Advisory
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview, assessment center and partner interview
All with result within the next day

Interview Question – Typical questions, why this divison and why EY   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Corporate Finance Summer Internship Interview

Corporate Finance Summer Internship
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went through the standard application process, but got declined at the one-on-one interview stage. Thought it went quite well afterwards but received an email the next day saying that I wouldn't be progressing any further. The annoying thing was that my interviewer hadn't even seen my CV, and said he wouldn't be making any decisions on the application he'd just fill in a feedback form, so wondering if my application was weak and my interview didn't pick it up that much.

Interview Question – The questions were mainly competency questions with a few why corporate finance questions dotted around. Hardest question was what should EY do differently to further their success.   Answer Question

Fairly Straightforward Interview

Fairly Straightforward
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process not very complex but quite long

Interview Question – Questions are of two kinds: technical about your previous experience and motivational (reasons to join the firm, etc...)   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with E & Y after application. One interview face to face strengths based for 45 mins in the London office.

Interview Question – What do you like about business?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 9 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Expect a number of interviews, both competency and behavioural.

Interview Question – Why EY over the other Big 4 players - be clear about this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Lenghty

Executive Interview

Executive
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was sent by our alumni who works in EY. Then I sent my CV for him and he helped to pass it to the HR. At beginning they said I was overqualified and suddenly they said they were not hiring. But after a month, the alumni contacted me and asked if I was still interested. I said yes and they processed it. I was invited to the London's office for the interview with the department Director and Assistant Director. Both were very friendly and the interview was very casual even though I didn't manage to tackle the financial case study. However it was a great experience!

Interview Question – Financial case study which I didn't prepare at all since I was told it's a interview session   Answer Question

EY - Direct Tax Summer Internship Interview

EY - Direct Tax Summer Internship
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Applied on-line. Attended first round interview in London. 30 questions which took around 45 minutes. Next round assessment centre.

The day is broken down into the group exercise, written test, psychometric tests and partner interview. In the group exercise you all an information booklet about a particular industry and an individual page on a certain company. Must discuss which company and industry to recommend. But also take note of the risks and opportunities linked with them.

Written exercises is split into two exercise which must be completed within 40 minutes. In the first part you must complete a brief summary of the company and its trends and profits. The next part involves a emailing a project outline to a 'manager'.

The psychometric tests with 8 questions in 6 minutes. The company that writes the tests are Saville consulting.

Finally the partner interview which will be different for every person. All strength/competency based. Very relaxed and was able to chat outside the questions for most of it. Lasted around 40 mins. Be able to talk and justify strengths and weakness.

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you ?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice in London, UK. All 66 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.