EY Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated Aug 13, 2015

3.1

Audit Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview, then 2 interviews. It was very slow in moving each stages. Before I visit for the 2nd interview, I received a job offer from other firm so I withdrew myself from the application.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Two interviews - one telephone, one face-to-face They didn't waste time in asking questions on the telephone interview. It was like a game of 15 to 1... The face to face interview was a bit more sociable but they were still firing questions at me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have not delivered to a client?   1 Answer

Advisory Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

It takes some time to hear back from EY between application processes. Not clear who is the point of contact for each candidate. The online testing and phone interview are fairly standard but be careful in the group exercise as people tend to be fighting for answers individually instead of realising that it is meant to be assessing individuals on teamwork skills. Remember to listen and build on others points rather than continually contradicting each other.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. I was contacted by EY's recruitment team promptly and invited for a telephone interview that consisted of both technical and competency based questions. After the telephone interview I was invited to a face to face which consisted of more in-depth technical questions as well as questions aimed to probe my understanding of EY's values. All EY recruitment and interviewers were very pleasant and the whole experience was very useful as my first big4 interview for what I want to get into.

Interview Questions

• An off the cuff question I was asked: it says here you use skill a and skill b in your current job every day, combined with fantastic communication skills. Use your fantastic communication skills along with skill a and skill b to convince me that x is better than y.   1 Answer

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied in-person. Interviewed at EY in 2013. Interview was with a case study. about one and a half hour. Interview is based on the case study and business knowledge. Interviewers will be a Director and Manager. Friendly Environment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us   1 Answer

Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a email invitation to the interview in London. 1 month after the interview and not a word of feedback. To think this is one of the "big four". It is appalling and quite revealing of how unprofessional they are. No courtesy and certainly doesn't deserve anyone who knows their worth.

Advisory Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Total waste of time. The process took 5 months, but I only ever spoke to 4 people in those 5 months - at the rate of less than one per month. Nobody seems to own the process, it just drifts randomly. None of the interviewers knew who I had already spoken to or what role I was interviewing for. We had a compensation discussion somewhere mid-way through, and, more than a month after my last interview, I get a lowball offer at half of my last pay and half of what we discussed. I can't believe I actually spent 5 months talking to these jokers.

Interview Questions

• Every round was the same - we just went through my cv.   Answer Question

Inadequate compensation

Global Student Exchange Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

As this was an addition to the summer internship program, the steps were the same up until the partner interview. It is only at this stage that questions are asked as to why you have applied for this program. The questions are simple motivation questions and not designed to throw you off.

Financial Management Associate (FMA) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Resource Consultant, within a week of being referred, who via email arranged to 'touch base' with me regarding the role at a designated day and time. Come the meeting I did not hear from said consultant, neither could I contact them via the phone. A few days later an interview scheduler emailed me offering an in-person interview. The following week I attended the interview at the London HQ. I was interviewed by two FMA Supervisors, who seemed nice. The interview was well structured focusing mainly on competency. It felt more like a conversation as interjections on my part was welcomed.

Assistant Director – Workforce Modeling and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral, then didn't hear anything for five months. Then was called into the office for an "informal discussion" about the role with the team lead. Surprised they went straight for an in-person interview rather than just a phone interview at that early stage. Then came back for a first-round skills and background interview with two existing Managers. Received a rejection notice two days later via e-mail, which wasn't surprising, the interview had made it clear the role wasn't a good fit, although I enjoyed meeting the interviewers. HR took way too long to get organized in the first place though.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain why you would potentially list but not include a table variable in an Access query?   Answer Question