EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

3.1

Risk Advisory Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Pretty easy going, all staffs and managers are very friendly, I found it very helpful to network a lot because if you do that by the day you go to interview, you almost know everyone in the office already.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

recruited through on campus recruiting. attended several EY mixers and socials. had round one interview. pretty easy, mostly behavioral question. I advanced to the final round. Final round day I interviewed with 3 different people: senior, senior manager and a partner. all behavioral questions. they rely heavily on your GPA and base your technical understanding on the grades you receive in your accounting classes. the rest is all behavioral questions.

Risk Advisory Associate Interview

Application

Interview

First round interview process on campus was all behavioral. Speak to recruiters and employees to pass around resumes. Make sure your resume stands out. Second round interview is a full day process 8am-2pm. 2 behavioral and 1 case interview. Case interview is easy. Just read a small case and did a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats analysis.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tell you how much to be paid no negotiation.

Forensic Technology and Discovery Service Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through school career website and got a response in about a week after deadline.
    Scheduled a phone interview with a senior at their office. Had a phone interview wit him and after few days, got a denial response.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Question about teamwork and the resume   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through college website. Then, you will be notified about a week after the deadline whether you got a first round interview or not. If they like you and feel you are EY material, you will be invited to a second round, in-house interview. After this, you will either be offered the internship or not. The process takes about 3 months if you go through the whole thing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavior Questions, none stood out. Mostly went through resume.   Answer Question

Technology Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The first round of interview is a personal interview and the focus of the interview is to primarily learn about the candidate on a personal front. The discussion was primarily on the work experience, in my case my experiences in my internships. This was followed by a volley of behavioral interview questions. Behavioral questions are straight out of the common behavioral interview question bank

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were pretty difficult sometimes as you can;t think within a split second whether you were in a similar situation in the past   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Amazing process. The super day was really pleasant. The case study was not too difficult. Everyone was really nice and we went out to lunch afterwards. It consisted of 6 30-minute interviews with different members of the team. I could really see how awesome the team was and how well they work together.

Advisory Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied through school's career website. Received an email few days after the deadline for the 1st round interview. I was also asked to complete a online writing assessment before the interview. The writing assessment has a limitation of 45 mins, and my topic was "recent events in the financial industry that has impact" or something like that. One of my friend got a topic like "the person you admire the most".

It was a typical on campus interview, and the process was pretty relaxed. Answered a few standard Big 4 interview type of questions. And I was told to wait for the decision for the 2nd round interview.

As a result, none of the candidates from the on-campus interview moved to the 2nd round.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Go through many interviews, make sure you are very prepared they will ask you lots of questions

Interview Questions

• Name a current event going on in the accounting industry currently   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Communication & Pursuits Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position through their website. An HR representative from the company replied asking questions in relations to your salary history, your salary requirements, if you would need assistance for relocation, etc.

After the initial phone interview with the HR, your resume and other supporting documents are then sent to the hiring manager. If you are chosen for an in person interview, HR will contact you through email to set up the day and time.

The interview consisted of three interviews with three different employees directly related too the position you are applying for, who you would work with if you were given the position. Each set of interview last 30 minutes.

After the interview, I was told that they would get in contact with me for the next step, which would be interviews with the partners and then a decision would be made after, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet, and probably never will.

All in all, it wasn't a bad experience. I guess you could say it was a good practice run. Interview itself wasn't hard as long as you are prepared. All was cordial and professional.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral or specific questions related to the position.   Answer Question