EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details – Do not be nervous. Most questions are behavioral questions from your past jobs. If you had any previous jobs or internships, be prepared with themes like difficult situations you had to handle, what you learned from the job etc. Don't try to memorize anything. Just listen to the questions and answer naturally.

Interview Question – Not much of difficult question. I did not answer well the "why I wanted the position". Silly mistake, be prepared.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Interview Details – I went through a head hunter and had 3 interviews. It was intimidating as it is a Big 4 accounting Firm and it is very corporate. But the people were pretty nice and I got through it.

Interview Question – I always hate when they ask my greatest weakness!!! They all asked this and what kind of culture I was looking for. Honestly I hate to focus on the negative and if I'm looking for a job most likely I don't care about the culture - I just need to pay my bills!!! But seriously, of course everyone wants a friendly fun environment to work in but do you was that to a bunch of stiff Accountants? Fun isn't on the agenda here!!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college website. Then, you will be notified about a week after the deadline whether you got a first round interview or not. If they like you and feel you are EY material, you will be invited to a second round, in-house interview. After this, you will either be offered the internship or not. The process takes about 3 months if you go through the whole thing.

Interview Question – Mostly Behavior Questions, none stood out. Mostly went through resume.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interview Details – Go through many interviews, make sure you are very prepared they will ask you lots of questions

Interview Question – Name a current event going on in the accounting industry currently   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details – Normal campus recruiting process. People are very friendly.

Interview Question – It was a first round, so there wasn't any trick question.   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at EY in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview is very personality based. Not really many technical questions during the interview process. Basically, they are looking for people that they want to spend 50+ hours a week with.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Forensic Technology and Discovery Service Intern Interview

Forensic Technology and Discovery Service Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school career website and got a response in about a week after deadline.
Scheduled a phone interview with a senior at their office. Had a phone interview wit him and after few days, got a denial response.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Question about teamwork and the resume   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Associate Interview

Risk Advisory Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – First round interview process on campus was all behavioral. Speak to recruiters and employees to pass around resumes. Make sure your resume stands out. Second round interview is a full day process 8am-2pm. 2 behavioral and 1 case interview. Case interview is easy. Just read a small case and did a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats analysis.

Interview Question – Case interview with swot analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They tell you how much to be paid no negotiation.

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Amazing process. The super day was really pleasant. The case study was not too difficult. Everyone was really nice and we went out to lunch afterwards. It consisted of 6 30-minute interviews with different members of the team. I could really see how awesome the team was and how well they work together.

Interview Question – What makes you the best fit for our team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the campus career center and was invited for a first round interview on campus. Later that day I got an email stating that I need to take an online writing assessment test, which had to be completed before the first round interview. The writing assignment was 45 minutes and asked about what I think mentoring is, the importance of it, and to describe a personal situation which involved mentoring.
The first round was on campus and took 30 minutes. The interviewer was really nice and asked the regular resume/behavioral questions.

Interview Question – All the questions were straight forward. The question in the writing assignment was very broad, which was unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 46 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.