EY Interview Questions & Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

46 interviews

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

This was an on campus interview. I was prepared for most of the questions, but the last question, I didn't anticipate. You have to be perfect for this company. If you answer a question that is not the perfect answer that they want to hear, you're screwed. It's totally unfair for them to expect you to have the perfect answer to a question you didn't anticipate. You lose the job even though you know you're fully qualified.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

The interview process was two step. There was a quick interview on campus, which did not last very long...only about 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral.

The second round in office was longer, 8am-3pm. THe questions were mostly behavioral and resume based, although they were a bit tougher. The work culture seems to be very diligent, but people are nice and friendly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Was asked a couple of behavioral question. Include interest, experience. Why you want to work in the firm. How you would handle certain situations. Hows well you work with in a group or alone. How you resolve conflicts. What do you see yourself doing in x years time. These types of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a situation when you have to change a plan in the last minute. how you react to it   Answer Question

Senior Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in June 2011.

I went through 10+ interviews with various recruiters, directors, partners and peer-level employees. Most interviews were pretty casual. We'd go over my resume, skills, experience, etc. I really liked everyone. They seemed to truly love the company and their job. My advice it to just be yourself!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something personal about yourself that you think I would find interesting.   View Answer
    • I want you to rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 when it comes to ______ and back that up with specifics.   View Answer
    I didn't need to negotiate. The offer was excellent and you can't beat the benefits of a company like this.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2011.

Initially had a screening type interview with someone from HR. They were very nice and personable, however, I noted that they didn't really discuss the benefits so much of working at E&Y and with the specific group I was interested in (change management). It was a very surface level interview. I then had a phone interview focused on skills which they did an excellent job of diving deep and broad to uncover change management experiences, based on our conversation I was confident this individual also knew change management. Again though, the time allotted didn't really allow me an opportunity to ask questions about the company and get a feel for the team. Wasn't overly concerned because the final interviews would be another opportunity for that. Was flown out for interview with executive and a couple individuals in the group. The interviews went very deep and I got the sense were more specific to project needs rather than overall fit. Was increasingly sensing that specialization was what they were looking for, which wasn't necessarily what I was looking for. The interviews also took a turn when I realized I was there to meet only the exec in person and the other interviews would be virtual. Admittedly it turned me off that I was flown out for interviews to essentially only meet one person in-person, it gave me a sense that the interview wasn't that important to them. When I asked questions about how they differentiate themselves in the market, and how they aligned with the greater organization the answers were very immature in my opinion. For interviewers that go very deep skill and experience-wise and then to stay on the surface when asked and probed about their own company direction and that of the team, it gave me the sense that leadership wasn't really sure what their strategy was, just that they may need change management people at some point. I was also turned off to the company by the executive after he only allowed about 2 minutes for me to ask questions of him and the organization and seemed disinterested and overly hurried once we weren't talking about me and what I could do for him. Maybe E&Y is getting so many great candidates that they don't feel the need to sell the candidate themselves on why they should be excited about E&Y. Ultimately, I left without being sold on why I should join them. I give them credit though because they decided not to make an offer and I mutually agreed it was not a great fit based on the interviews, so I think they saw that culturally the team-based and collaborative consulting culture I better align with was not a good fit for how they run their business. My sense is this is a company and group that hasn't figured out how they plug back into consulting. I also got a sense that they were quite risk averse and rigid, which was the opposite of what I expected given their infancy in getting back into consulting, it was not the entrepreneurial culture I expected.

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about how you've attempted to sell change management to your internal colleagues?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in February 2010.

The interview was conducted on campus. The person was really friendly and the interview was divided into 3 phases: resume overview, behavioral questions and small talk.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever dealt with someone difficult? If so, how did you solve the problem?   View Answer

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

I was referred from a partner from a different office in another state who reached out to a recruiter for me. She later contacted the right different recruiter, who asked for my resume and transcript. She quickly set up an interview with a Tax Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million.
      What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
        View Answer

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Amazing process. The super day was really pleasant. The case study was not too difficult. Everyone was really nice and we went out to lunch afterwards. It consisted of 6 30-minute interviews with different members of the team. I could really see how awesome the team was and how well they work together.

ITRA Advisory Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Initial phone screening
    - 30 Minute phone conversation with a manager

In-House Interview
    - 2 Behavioral
    - 1 Case

Interview Questions
    Offer was sent. Little room for negotiation as an intern

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Go through many interviews, make sure you are very prepared they will ask you lots of questions

Interview Questions
    • Name a current event going on in the accounting industry currently   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!