EY

46 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Transaction Advisory Services Senior
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Applied through the college recruitment website. It was a 1 on 1 interview. Lasted 30 minutes. First 10 to 15 minutes were behavioral questions, which was easy. then the last 15 minutes was a case question. be prepared

Interview Question – case question   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Transaction Integration Interview

Transaction Integration
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in April 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online and then one day later I got an e-mail requesting a phone interview. The interviewer was an Human Resources contact that basically asked the typical questions such as why did you leave your last job, Why do you want to work for E&Y etc.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Paid Internship Interview

Paid Internship
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in December 2009.

Interview Details – I had a telephone interview. It was a very comfortable conversation about my work experience and how it would contribute to the firm. The people that I interacted with were very friendly. It was a terrific experience.

Interview Question – Explain the implementation and costs of new processes.   Answer Question

Advisory Risk Interview

Advisory Risk
East Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very calm interview. The interviewer wanted to know my personality and character. Nothing really technical. Just behavioral.

Interview Question – What would you do to resolve a conflict within a group?   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Summer Leadership Program
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the Emerging Leaders Program via my school's career center website. Had to submit a resume and cover letter, nothing out of the ordinary. I heard back from the recruiter a few days later letting me know that she wanted to schedule a phone interview with a manager for me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question

Performance Improvement Transformation and Collaboration Pool Intern Interview

Performance Improvement Transformation and Collaboration Pool Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty standard. First round interviews were on campus, with an interview pre-night at a local bowling alley beforehand. Second round interviews were in the EY office in LA for a super day, which included a lunch and three interviews - behavioral, case, behavioral.

Interview Question – There really were no curveball questions asked. All questions were pretty reasonable, including the case, which again was not any more difficult than other case questions asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interview process for EY Advisory occurs too early to even consider other consulting firms. I'm looking mostly at the Big 3, so I'll likely have to turn this offer down even before opportunities arise for other interviews.

Experienced Staff Interview

Experienced Staff
Irvine, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – I emailed my resume to a recruiter and they contacted me for interviews. Two phone interviews one with HR, the other with a partner. I was then called in for an in-office interview, where I interviewed with 4 people in total, successively. A senior, Manager, Senior Manager and Partner. All were conversational and I had to go over my resume. They weren't difficult and I quite enjoyed them. I was an auditor with PWC before this, so it certainly. Everyone was very nice, much better than the interviews I went through when I got into PWC. I'm looking forward to working at E&Y. The culture is certainly more friendly.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but the offer was better than I expected.

Forensic Technology and Discovery Service Intern Interview

Forensic Technology and Discovery Service Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school career website and got a response in about a week after deadline.
Scheduled a phone interview with a senior at their office. Had a phone interview wit him and after few days, got a denial response.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Question about teamwork and the resume   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at EY in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview is very personality based. Not really many technical questions during the interview process. Basically, they are looking for people that they want to spend 50+ hours a week with.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details – Normal campus recruiting process. People are very friendly.

Interview Question – It was a first round, so there wasn't any trick question.   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!