EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 2, 2015

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had one on campus interview and the second one at the office. The process seems intimidating at first because of the amount of qualified candidates you're competing against. I would advice to go to networking events and get to know the people well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate salary.

ELP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Two interviews back to back for 30 mins each. First one with a manager and the second one is with a partner. A lot of behavioral question by the partner. The interview with the manager was pretty casual and laid back. The partner was tough with his questions. Came out of the interview not feeling confident and knew that I would not get an offer.

Transfer Pricing Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There were a lot of behavioral questions and a written case. The questions were not difficult but were very tricky. I interviewed with a group of transfer pricing staff and two senior managers. It was very clear that all of them preferred the same kind of personality. They want you to be soft, kind, helpful and caring (two managers mentioned the word 'caring' many many times). And also, they paid less attention to your leadership talent. I brought several copies of my previous group projects, slides and excel screenshots. I pointed to them on these materials directly when I was answering their questions. Apparently they liked my documents a lot and both of the managers asked for my document copies (especially the excel sheet). Then I did a written case. Apparently they wanted you to reach out a conclusion from a financial report analysis. The financial report was Accounting 101 level, so it was not hard to understand and describe.

However, I DO suggest those who have been using Macbooks for a long time, that spend some time on getting familiar with laptops like HP, Dell, Lenovo and the Office software running on Windows system. I've been using Macbook for many years so I spent a lot of time on correcting my spellings, retyping words on keyboards and finding the function keys. These trivia made me super nervous.

Interview Questions

• Why EY, Why transfer pricing, what is your current biggest challenge, how will you describe yourself, what role you want to play in a team   Answer Question

IT Advisory Services Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Hired out of school and the interview process started through school by having a recruiter interview at school first. Then an onsite interview was conducted. Two in person interviews with two managers which was around behavioral questions and then to provide feedback on a case study. Then a group activity was conducted with other interviewees in groups of 4-5. Task was to plan/analyze an event to support the community. This activity is more geared towards how the candidate act in a team environment.

Transaction Advisory Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

They recruited on campus and immediately started with a case question. It was unexpected and a little bit of a turnoff given the relatively smaller group you'd be working with and the importance of cultural fit. The interviewer was very nice and seemed genuine. I got stuck on the case question and he nicely walked me through what his thoughts were on it.

Risk Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Pretty easy going, all staffs and managers are very friendly, I found it very helpful to network a lot because if you do that by the day you go to interview, you almost know everyone in the office already.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

recruited through on campus recruiting. attended several EY mixers and socials. had round one interview. pretty easy, mostly behavioral question. I advanced to the final round. Final round day I interviewed with 3 different people: senior, senior manager and a partner. all behavioral questions. they rely heavily on your GPA and base your technical understanding on the grades you receive in your accounting classes. the rest is all behavioral questions.

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Do not be nervous. Most questions are behavioral questions from your past jobs. If you had any previous jobs or internships, be prepared with themes like difficult situations you had to handle, what you learned from the job etc. Don't try to memorize anything. Just listen to the questions and answer naturally.

Interview Questions

• Not much of difficult question. I did not answer well the "why I wanted the position". Silly mistake, be prepared.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Irvine, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I went through a head hunter and had 3 interviews. It was intimidating as it is a Big 4 accounting Firm and it is very corporate. But the people were pretty nice and I got through it.

Interview Questions

• I always hate when they ask my greatest weakness!!! They all asked this and what kind of culture I was looking for. Honestly I hate to focus on the negative and if I'm looking for a job most likely I don't care about the culture - I just need to pay my bills!!! But seriously, of course everyone wants a friendly fun environment to work in but do you was that to a bunch of stiff Accountants? Fun isn't on the agenda here!!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through college website. Then, you will be notified about a week after the deadline whether you got a first round interview or not. If they like you and feel you are EY material, you will be invited to a second round, in-house interview. After this, you will either be offered the internship or not. The process takes about 3 months if you go through the whole thing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavior Questions, none stood out. Mostly went through resume.   Answer Question