EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Sep 11, 2014

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2013.

Normal campus recruiting process. People are very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • It was a first round, so there wasn't any trick question.   Answer Question

ITRA Advisory Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in January 2013.

Initial phone screening
    - 30 Minute phone conversation with a manager

In-House Interview
    - 2 Behavioral
    - 1 Case

Interview Questions
    Offer was sent. Little room for negotiation as an intern

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2012.

Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. The first round was with a senior manager on the FSO team. A very easy-going alumni, and felt connected right away. Then it took 1+ week to hear back from the (FSO) recruiter. Final round consists of interviews with a manager, senior manager and a senior, all very nice and easy to talk to. The interviews were pretty conversational. Just be yourself, it's an opportunity to discover the mutual relationship based on a good-fit for both sides. When an offer was rendered, everyone I met during the interview process sent out a congrats email, which is the ultimate reason I chose EY over PwC since I feel more welcomed here.

N/A

Experienced Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in October 2012.

I emailed my resume to a recruiter and they contacted me for interviews. Two phone interviews one with HR, the other with a partner. I was then called in for an in-office interview, where I interviewed with 4 people in total, successively. A senior, Manager, Senior Manager and Partner. All were conversational and I had to go over my resume. They weren't difficult and I quite enjoyed them. I was an auditor with PWC before this, so it certainly. Everyone was very nice, much better than the interviews I went through when I got into PWC. I'm looking forward to working at E&Y. The culture is certainly more friendly.

I didn't negotiate, but the offer was better than I expected.

Performance Improvement Transformation and Collaboration Pool Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2012.

The hiring process was pretty standard. First round interviews were on campus, with an interview pre-night at a local bowling alley beforehand. Second round interviews were in the EY office in LA for a super day, which included a lunch and three interviews - behavioral, case, behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no curveball questions asked. All questions were pretty reasonable, including the case, which again was not any more difficult than other case questions asked.   Answer Question

The interview process for EY Advisory occurs too early to even consider other consulting firms. I'm looking mostly at the Big 3, so I'll likely have to turn this offer down even before opportunities arise for other interviews.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in March 2012.

I applied online through my college career center website and I was invited to the interview the following week. The interview was very friendly and talked even more than I did. I forgot to ask for a business card, but a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Do not be nervous. Most questions are behavioral questions from your past jobs. If you had any previous jobs or internships, be prepared with themes like difficult situations you had to handle, what you learned from the job etc. Don't try to memorize anything. Just listen to the questions and answer naturally.

Interview Questions
    • Not much of difficult question. I did not answer well the "why I wanted the position". Silly mistake, be prepared.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in February 2012.

First round was a phone interview with a manager in the team I am going to work with. Most questions are about prior experience and interests. Nothing tricky.
    Second round was a half-day on site interview. Talked with different people from the team as well as the HR. Most questions are personality and cultural fit type of questions. Several technical questions about how to perform valuation analysis, but very basic and a lot of backgrounds were provided.

No negotiation

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY in February 2012.

First round was a phone interview, talked to the manager in the team that was recruiting.
    Final round was an office interview, spoke to several people in the firm and followed by a lunch with some peers in the team

Just received the offer letter and accepted it without any negotiation

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2012.

I applied to be considered for an internship for the Summer through the UCLA career system. They called me in for an interview at my career center, and it was rather intimidating since they had so many candidates all waiting in the same room. Business casual/formal was necessary.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions of what I would do given a certain situation, and an example of how I had been in a similar situation in the past. She also had me go through my resume.   Answer Question