EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Advisor Interview

Technology Advisor
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – The first round of interview is a personal interview and the focus of the interview is to primarily learn about the candidate on a personal front. The discussion was primarily on the work experience, in my case my experiences in my internships. This was followed by a volley of behavioral interview questions. Behavioral questions are straight out of the common behavioral interview question bank

Interview Question – Behavioral questions were pretty difficult sometimes as you can;t think within a split second whether you were in a similar situation in the past   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Valuation Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

Interview Details – First round was a phone interview with a manager in the team I am going to work with. Most questions are about prior experience and interests. Nothing tricky.
Second round was a half-day on site interview. Talked with different people from the team as well as the HR. Most questions are personality and cultural fit type of questions. Several technical questions about how to perform valuation analysis, but very basic and a lot of backgrounds were provided.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions were asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Tax Senior Interview

Tax Senior
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very complicated, however, was well organized to my surprise. I interviewed alongside 20 other candidates over a two-day period. The first day was an evening social where a mix of professionals and candidates attended. The next morning was a series of three interviews with Managers to area Managing Partners. Afterwords, we were taken out to lunch. During the entire process I was assigned a "buddy" that took me to my interviews and I was able to ask questions with the entire time.

Interview Question – The overall interview experience was unexpected. They did an excellent job of interviewing by asking life questions, asking my interests, and talking about life values, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was sent an offer packet in the mail on the day of the verbal offer. There was no negotiation.

Tax Accountant Interview

Tax Accountant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred from a partner from a different office in another state who reached out to a recruiter for me. She later contacted the right different recruiter, who asked for my resume and transcript. She quickly set up an interview with a Tax Manager.

Interview Question – Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million.
What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
  View Answer

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
UCLA, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to be considered for an internship for the Summer through the UCLA career system. They called me in for an interview at my career center, and it was rather intimidating since they had so many candidates all waiting in the same room. Business casual/formal was necessary.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions of what I would do given a certain situation, and an example of how I had been in a similar situation in the past. She also had me go through my resume.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Tax Staff
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – Informational interview and then in-house interview

Interview Question – Nothing specific. Just reviewed resume and spoke about EY's entry level program.   Answer Question

Communication & Pursuits Strategist Interview

Communication & Pursuits Strategist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through their website. An HR representative from the company replied asking questions in relations to your salary history, your salary requirements, if you would need assistance for relocation, etc.

After the initial phone interview with the HR, your resume and other supporting documents are then sent to the hiring manager. If you are chosen for an in person interview, HR will contact you through email to set up the day and time.

The interview consisted of three interviews with three different employees directly related too the position you are applying for, who you would work with if you were given the position. Each set of interview last 30 minutes.

After the interview, I was told that they would get in contact with me for the next step, which would be interviews with the partners and then a decision would be made after, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet, and probably never will.

All in all, it wasn't a bad experience. I guess you could say it was a good practice run. Interview itself wasn't hard as long as you are prepared. All was cordial and professional.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were behavioral or specific questions related to the position.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Tax Staff
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – In-office interview w/ heavy senior associates and a senior manager that takes the whole afternoon. First interviewed w/ a on-campus recruiter (who was also a senior manager).

Interview Question – All very typical behavioral questions like "Tell me about yourself." "Tell me about an experience where you displayed leadership skills." etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable. Received a call the day after the interview extending an offer.

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Transaction Advisory Services Senior
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Applied through the college recruitment website. It was a 1 on 1 interview. Lasted 30 minutes. First 10 to 15 minutes were behavioral questions, which was easy. then the last 15 minutes was a case question. be prepared

Interview Question – case question   Answer Question

ITRA Advisory Internship Interview

ITRA Advisory Internship
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening