EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Aug 20, 2015

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was referred from a partner from a different office in another state who reached out to a recruiter for me. She later contacted the right different recruiter, who asked for my resume and transcript. She quickly set up an interview with a Tax Manager.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?   2 Answers

Transaction Advisory Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

They recruited on campus and immediately started with a case question. It was unexpected and a little bit of a turnoff given the relatively smaller group you'd be working with and the importance of cultural fit. The interviewer was very nice and seemed genuine. I got stuck on the case question and he nicely walked me through what his thoughts were on it.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews - 1st by phone, 2nd in person with a case, and 3rd flown out to an office with a case. The people were really cool and it was a pretty fun experience. Different people interviewed me on each round.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Deloitte?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had one on campus interview and the second one at the office. The process seems intimidating at first because of the amount of qualified candidates you're competing against. I would advice to go to networking events and get to know the people well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate salary.

Senior IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Pretty quick, if you are what they are looking for.

Worked there years ago

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

This was not the hardest interview. I submitted my resume over my school's career website and got an on-campus interview. My interviewer was super nice and made the interview easy and relaxing. We talked about some of my experiences in different leadership positions and the second half of the interview was asking about EY and her experiences. I learned a lot about the ELP. I was notified a week later that they wanted to fly me in for a second round interview. They set me up with a manager and a partner. These interviews were a bit tougher and more behavioral and more about me. A day later, the partner called and told me I was offered a spot in the ELP. It was a great experience and I encourage others to apply to the ELP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a leadership position you had and how you made a difference?   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Pretty easy going, all staffs and managers are very friendly, I found it very helpful to network a lot because if you do that by the day you go to interview, you almost know everyone in the office already.

IT Advisory Services Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Hired out of school and the interview process started through school by having a recruiter interview at school first. Then an onsite interview was conducted. Two in person interviews with two managers which was around behavioral questions and then to provide feedback on a case study. Then a group activity was conducted with other interviewees in groups of 4-5. Task was to plan/analyze an event to support the community. This activity is more geared towards how the candidate act in a team environment.

Transfer Pricing Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There were a lot of behavioral questions and a written case. The questions were not difficult but were very tricky. I interviewed with a group of transfer pricing staff and two senior managers. It was very clear that all of them preferred the same kind of personality. They want you to be soft, kind, helpful and caring (two managers mentioned the word 'caring' many many times). And also, they paid less attention to your leadership talent. I brought several copies of my previous group projects, slides and excel screenshots. I pointed to them on these materials directly when I was answering their questions. Apparently they liked my documents a lot and both of the managers asked for my document copies (especially the excel sheet). Then I did a written case. Apparently they wanted you to reach out a conclusion from a financial report analysis. The financial report was Accounting 101 level, so it was not hard to understand and describe. However, I DO suggest those who have been using Macbooks for a long time, that spend some time on getting familiar with laptops like HP, Dell, Lenovo and the Office software running on Windows system. I've been using Macbook for many years so I spent a lot of time on correcting my spellings, retyping words on keyboards and finding the function keys. These trivia made me super nervous.

Interview Questions

• Why EY, Why transfer pricing, what is your current biggest challenge, how will you describe yourself, what role you want to play in a team   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Associate Interview

Application

Interview

First round interview process on campus was all behavioral. Speak to recruiters and employees to pass around resumes. Make sure your resume stands out. Second round interview is a full day process 8am-2pm. 2 behavioral and 1 case interview. Case interview is easy. Just read a small case and did a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats analysis.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tell you how much to be paid no negotiation.