EY

Updated Nov 22, 2014

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in August 2013.

Go through many interviews, make sure you are very prepared they will ask you lots of questions

Interview Questions
    • Name a current event going on in the accounting industry currently   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2013.

Applied through college website. Then, you will be notified about a week after the deadline whether you got a first round interview or not. If they like you and feel you are EY material, you will be invited to a second round, in-house interview. After this, you will either be offered the internship or not. The process takes about 3 months if you go through the whole thing.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly Behavior Questions, none stood out. Mostly went through resume.   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Do not be nervous. Most questions are behavioral questions from your past jobs. If you had any previous jobs or internships, be prepared with themes like difficult situations you had to handle, what you learned from the job etc. Don't try to memorize anything. Just listen to the questions and answer naturally.

Interview Questions
    • Not much of difficult question. I did not answer well the "why I wanted the position". Silly mistake, be prepared.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in January 2014.

recruited through on campus recruiting. attended several EY mixers and socials. had round one interview. pretty easy, mostly behavioral question. I advanced to the final round. Final round day I interviewed with 3 different people: senior, senior manager and a partner. all behavioral questions. they rely heavily on your GPA and base your technical understanding on the grades you receive in your accounting classes. the rest is all behavioral questions.

Risk Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Pretty easy going, all staffs and managers are very friendly, I found it very helpful to network a lot because if you do that by the day you go to interview, you almost know everyone in the office already.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in February 2010.

Relax and be yourself. Sometimes the interviewee just want to see how confident the interviewer and not pay too much attention to the answers that the interviewer gave.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2013.

Normal campus recruiting process. People are very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • It was a first round, so there wasn't any trick question.   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

First round interview process on campus was all behavioral. Speak to recruiters and employees to pass around resumes. Make sure your resume stands out. Second round interview is a full day process 8am-2pm. 2 behavioral and 1 case interview. Case interview is easy. Just read a small case and did a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats analysis.

Interview Questions
    They tell you how much to be paid no negotiation.

Tax Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in October 2010.

Very complicated, however, was well organized to my surprise. I interviewed alongside 20 other candidates over a two-day period. The first day was an evening social where a mix of professionals and candidates attended. The next morning was a series of three interviews with Managers to area Managing Partners. Afterwords, we were taken out to lunch. During the entire process I was assigned a "buddy" that took me to my interviews and I was able to ask questions with the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • The overall interview experience was unexpected. They did an excellent job of interviewing by asking life questions, asking my interests, and talking about life values, etc.   Answer Question
    I was sent an offer packet in the mail on the day of the verbal offer. There was no negotiation.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in February 2012.

First round was a phone interview with a manager in the team I am going to work with. Most questions are about prior experience and interests. Nothing tricky.
    Second round was a half-day on site interview. Talked with different people from the team as well as the HR. Most questions are personality and cultural fit type of questions. Several technical questions about how to perform valuation analysis, but very basic and a lot of backgrounds were provided.

No negotiation