EY

46 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2010.

Interview Details – I went through a head hunter and had 3 interviews. It was intimidating as it is a Big 4 accounting Firm and it is very corporate. But the people were pretty nice and I got through it.

Interview Question – I always hate when they ask my greatest weakness!!! They all asked this and what kind of culture I was looking for. Honestly I hate to focus on the negative and if I'm looking for a job most likely I don't care about the culture - I just need to pay my bills!!! But seriously, of course everyone wants a friendly fun environment to work in but do you was that to a bunch of stiff Accountants? Fun isn't on the agenda here!!   Answer Question

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details – Do not be nervous. Most questions are behavioral questions from your past jobs. If you had any previous jobs or internships, be prepared with themes like difficult situations you had to handle, what you learned from the job etc. Don't try to memorize anything. Just listen to the questions and answer naturally.

Interview Question – Not much of difficult question. I did not answer well the "why I wanted the position". Silly mistake, be prepared.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college website. Then, you will be notified about a week after the deadline whether you got a first round interview or not. If they like you and feel you are EY material, you will be invited to a second round, in-house interview. After this, you will either be offered the internship or not. The process takes about 3 months if you go through the whole thing.

Interview Question – Mostly Behavior Questions, none stood out. Mostly went through resume.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in February 2010.

Interview Details – Relax and be yourself. Sometimes the interviewee just want to see how confident the interviewer and not pay too much attention to the answers that the interviewer gave.

Interview Questions

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details – Normal campus recruiting process. People are very friendly.

Interview Question – It was a first round, so there wasn't any trick question.   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Associate Interview

Risk Advisory Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – First round interview process on campus was all behavioral. Speak to recruiters and employees to pass around resumes. Make sure your resume stands out. Second round interview is a full day process 8am-2pm. 2 behavioral and 1 case interview. Case interview is easy. Just read a small case and did a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats analysis.

Interview Question – Case interview with swot analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They tell you how much to be paid no negotiation.

Tax Senior Interview

Tax Senior
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very complicated, however, was well organized to my surprise. I interviewed alongside 20 other candidates over a two-day period. The first day was an evening social where a mix of professionals and candidates attended. The next morning was a series of three interviews with Managers to area Managing Partners. Afterwords, we were taken out to lunch. During the entire process I was assigned a "buddy" that took me to my interviews and I was able to ask questions with the entire time.

Interview Question – The overall interview experience was unexpected. They did an excellent job of interviewing by asking life questions, asking my interests, and talking about life values, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was sent an offer packet in the mail on the day of the verbal offer. There was no negotiation.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Valuation Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

Interview Details – First round was a phone interview with a manager in the team I am going to work with. Most questions are about prior experience and interests. Nothing tricky.
Second round was a half-day on site interview. Talked with different people from the team as well as the HR. Most questions are personality and cultural fit type of questions. Several technical questions about how to perform valuation analysis, but very basic and a lot of backgrounds were provided.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions were asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Technology Advisor Interview

Technology Advisor
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – The first round of interview is a personal interview and the focus of the interview is to primarily learn about the candidate on a personal front. The discussion was primarily on the work experience, in my case my experiences in my internships. This was followed by a volley of behavioral interview questions. Behavioral questions are straight out of the common behavioral interview question bank

Interview Question – Behavioral questions were pretty difficult sometimes as you can;t think within a split second whether you were in a similar situation in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the campus career center and was invited for a first round interview on campus. Later that day I got an email stating that I need to take an online writing assessment test, which had to be completed before the first round interview. The writing assignment was 45 minutes and asked about what I think mentoring is, the importance of it, and to describe a personal situation which involved mentoring.
The first round was on campus and took 30 minutes. The interviewer was really nice and asked the regular resume/behavioral questions.

Interview Question – All the questions were straight forward. The question in the writing assignment was very broad, which was unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY