EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Apr 19, 2015

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Do not be nervous. Most questions are behavioral questions from your past jobs. If you had any previous jobs or internships, be prepared with themes like difficult situations you had to handle, what you learned from the job etc. Don't try to memorize anything. Just listen to the questions and answer naturally.

Interview Questions

• Not much of difficult question. I did not answer well the "why I wanted the position". Silly mistake, be prepared.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with a manager in the team I am going to work with. Most questions are about prior experience and interests. Nothing tricky.
    Second round was a half-day on site interview. Talked with different people from the team as well as the HR. Most questions are personality and cultural fit type of questions. Several technical questions about how to perform valuation analysis, but very basic and a lot of backgrounds were provided.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

First round was a phone interview, talked to the manager in the team that was recruiting.
    Final round was an office interview, spoke to several people in the firm and followed by a lunch with some peers in the team

Negotiation

Just received the offer letter and accepted it without any negotiation

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (UCLA, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied to be considered for an internship for the Summer through the UCLA career system. They called me in for an interview at my career center, and it was rather intimidating since they had so many candidates all waiting in the same room. Business casual/formal was necessary.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions of what I would do given a certain situation, and an example of how I had been in a similar situation in the past. She also had me go through my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I thought that the people and culture were genuine. I felt as though I was welcomed by everyone and the office culture is definitely more work-balance oriented.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/co-worker.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

1st Round Interview - On-Campus
    2nd Round Interview - In-House

1. Behavioral questions that relate to working under pressure.
    2. Personal and professional goals and how the company will help you accomplish said goals.
    3. How will you meet the CPA requirements?

Interview Questions

• Why is your GPA relatively low compared to other candidates?   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

In-office interview w/ heavy senior associates and a senior manager that takes the whole afternoon. First interviewed w/ a on-campus recruiter (who was also a senior manager).

Interview Questions

• All very typical behavioral questions like "Tell me about yourself." "Tell me about an experience where you displayed leadership skills." etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable. Received a call the day after the interview extending an offer.

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Informational interview and then in-house interview

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. Just reviewed resume and spoke about EY's entry level program.   Answer Question

Advisory Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (East Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Very calm interview. The interviewer wanted to know my personality and character. Nothing really technical. Just behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to resolve a conflict within a group?   Answer Question

Full Time Positio Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with E&Y senior manager. She was very nice. She told me this was her first time coming to my school for the on-campus interviews. Asked me a few questions and let me ask her questions.
    Overall, I think I did ok, should have done better and made more impressions on her.