EY

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

Technology Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2013.

The first round of interview is a personal interview and the focus of the interview is to primarily learn about the candidate on a personal front. The discussion was primarily on the work experience, in my case my experiences in my internships. This was followed by a volley of behavioral interview questions. Behavioral questions are straight out of the common behavioral interview question bank

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions were pretty difficult sometimes as you can;t think within a split second whether you were in a similar situation in the past   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

In-office interview w/ heavy senior associates and a senior manager that takes the whole afternoon. First interviewed w/ a on-campus recruiter (who was also a senior manager).

Interview Questions
    • All very typical behavioral questions like "Tell me about yourself." "Tell me about an experience where you displayed leadership skills." etc.   Answer Question
    Salary was non-negotiable. Received a call the day after the interview extending an offer.

Communication & Pursuits Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at EY in April 2013.

I applied for the position through their website. An HR representative from the company replied asking questions in relations to your salary history, your salary requirements, if you would need assistance for relocation, etc.

After the initial phone interview with the HR, your resume and other supporting documents are then sent to the hiring manager. If you are chosen for an in person interview, HR will contact you through email to set up the day and time.

The interview consisted of three interviews with three different employees directly related too the position you are applying for, who you would work with if you were given the position. Each set of interview last 30 minutes.

After the interview, I was told that they would get in contact with me for the next step, which would be interviews with the partners and then a decision would be made after, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet, and probably never will.

All in all, it wasn't a bad experience. I guess you could say it was a good practice run. Interview itself wasn't hard as long as you are prepared. All was cordial and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral or specific questions related to the position.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2011.

Informational interview and then in-house interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing specific. Just reviewed resume and spoke about EY's entry level program.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA
    Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2012.

I applied to be considered for an internship for the Summer through the UCLA career system. They called me in for an interview at my career center, and it was rather intimidating since they had so many candidates all waiting in the same room. Business casual/formal was necessary.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions of what I would do given a certain situation, and an example of how I had been in a similar situation in the past. She also had me go through my resume.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2009.

Applied through college recruiting process. First there is a resume screen process which takes about 2 weeks. Then I received an invitation for on-campus interview. I had about 30 min interview with the HR manager in school. Most of the questions are behavioral, with some personality question. The HR manager is very friendly and professional.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in October 2009.

The interview process for an audit internship revolves around behavioral interviews. There were a set of 3 interviews -- the first of which was a phone interview - casual and basically a screening process for the on campus interview. EY heavily recruits out of my school, which made the set up process for the interviews very easy. During the on campus interview, they went over the content of my resume and discussed my intentions with public accounting. The in house interview involved a series of 3 interviews of 45 minutes each -- with a senior/manager, senior manager and a partner. Each of my interviews involved behavioral questions in how I responded under pressure, my ability to work with teams, etc. I asked a lot of questions during my interviews and I believe that led them to believe I was interested and excited about the position.

Having now been involved with the recruiting process on the other end, what I think EY looks most for in an audit candidate include:
    - strong command of English (unless recruiting for a language specialized division of EY)
    - examples of the ability to work well in teams
    - strong interest in the public accounting field
    - humble, yet confident presence

Interview Questions
    • When have you had an experience with a difficult team member? What did you do to resolve the difficulty and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    As an intern or a new hire there is no room for negotiation. As an experienced hire (senior position and above) there is significant room for negotiation, as there is a huge demand for effective seniors. This is especially true for candidates coming from other Big 4 firms.

Senior IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2009.

Pretty quick, if you are what they are looking for.

Worked there years ago

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2012.

Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. The first round was with a senior manager on the FSO team. A very easy-going alumni, and felt connected right away. Then it took 1+ week to hear back from the (FSO) recruiter. Final round consists of interviews with a manager, senior manager and a senior, all very nice and easy to talk to. The interviews were pretty conversational. Just be yourself, it's an opportunity to discover the mutual relationship based on a good-fit for both sides. When an offer was rendered, everyone I met during the interview process sent out a congrats email, which is the ultimate reason I chose EY over PwC since I feel more welcomed here.

N/A

Full Time Positio Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in September 2011.

I had an on-campus interview with E&Y senior manager. She was very nice. She told me this was her first time coming to my school for the on-campus interviews. Asked me a few questions and let me ask her questions.
    Overall, I think I did ok, should have done better and made more impressions on her.