EY

Getting the Interview

44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Tax Staff Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – Informational interview and then in-house interview

Interview Question – Nothing specific. Just reviewed resume and spoke about EY's entry level program.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

UCLA, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to be considered for an internship for the Summer through the UCLA career system. They called me in for an interview at my career center, and it was rather intimidating since they had so many candidates all waiting in the same room. Business casual/formal was necessary.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions of what I would do given a certain situation, and an example of how I had been in a similar situation in the past. She also had me go through my resume.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through college recruiting process. First there is a resume screen process which takes about 2 weeks. Then I received an invitation for on-campus interview. I had about 30 min interview with the HR manager in school. Most of the questions are behavioral, with some personality question. The HR manager is very friendly and professional.

Audit Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process for an audit internship revolves around behavioral interviews. There were a set of 3 interviews -- the first of which was a phone interview - casual and basically a screening process for the on campus interview. EY heavily recruits out of my school, which made the set up process for the interviews very easy. During the on campus interview, they went over the content of my resume and discussed my intentions with public accounting. The in house interview involved a series of 3 interviews of 45 minutes each -- with a senior/manager, senior manager and a partner. Each of my interviews involved behavioral questions in how I responded under pressure, my ability to work with teams, etc. I asked a lot of questions during my interviews and I believe that led them to believe I was interested and excited about the position.

Having now been involved with the recruiting process on the other end, what I think EY looks most for in an audit candidate include:
- strong command of English (unless recruiting for a language specialized division of EY)
- examples of the ability to work well in teams
- strong interest in the public accounting field
- humble, yet confident presence

Interview Question – When have you had an experience with a difficult team member? What did you do to resolve the difficulty and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern or a new hire there is no room for negotiation. As an experienced hire (senior position and above) there is significant room for negotiation, as there is a huge demand for effective seniors. This is especially true for candidates coming from other Big 4 firms.

Senior IT Audit Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty quick, if you are what they are looking for.

Interview Question – How do I feel about President Obama   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Worked there years ago

Assurance Staff Interview

Assurance Staff
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2012.

Interview Details – Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. The first round was with a senior manager on the FSO team. A very easy-going alumni, and felt connected right away. Then it took 1+ week to hear back from the (FSO) recruiter. Final round consists of interviews with a manager, senior manager and a senior, all very nice and easy to talk to. The interviews were pretty conversational. Just be yourself, it's an opportunity to discover the mutual relationship based on a good-fit for both sides. When an offer was rendered, everyone I met during the interview process sent out a congrats email, which is the ultimate reason I chose EY over PwC since I feel more welcomed here.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Full Time Positio Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in September 2011.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus interview with E&Y senior manager. She was very nice. She told me this was her first time coming to my school for the on-campus interviews. Asked me a few questions and let me ask her questions.
Overall, I think I did ok, should have done better and made more impressions on her.

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details – First you are contacted through email for a campus interview. Then you are interviewed one on one with an HR representative. Afterwards, if you are selected for a second round interview, you go into the office, and are interviewed by four different employees.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had many deadlines coming up and the outcome   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online through my college career center website and I was invited to the interview the following week. The interview was very friendly and talked even more than I did. I forgot to ask for a business card, but a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details – I thought that the people and culture were genuine. I felt as though I was welcomed by everyone and the office culture is definitely more work-balance oriented.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/co-worker.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY