EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Aug 20, 2015

Tax Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Irvine, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Very complicated, however, was well organized to my surprise. I interviewed alongside 20 other candidates over a two-day period. The first day was an evening social where a mix of professionals and candidates attended. The next morning was a series of three interviews with Managers to area Managing Partners. Afterwords, we were taken out to lunch. During the entire process I was assigned a "buddy" that took me to my interviews and I was able to ask questions with the entire time.

Interview Questions

• The overall interview experience was unexpected. They did an excellent job of interviewing by asking life questions, asking my interests, and talking about life values, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was sent an offer packet in the mail on the day of the verbal offer. There was no negotiation.

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Informational interview and then in-house interview

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. Just reviewed resume and spoke about EY's entry level program.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EY (Irvine, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I heard about this job opportunity through a recruiter. The interview process was very quick. I met with two managers when I applied for this job. The environment was very laid back.

Technology Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The first round of interview is a personal interview and the focus of the interview is to primarily learn about the candidate on a personal front. The discussion was primarily on the work experience, in my case my experiences in my internships. This was followed by a volley of behavioral interview questions. Behavioral questions are straight out of the common behavioral interview question bank

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were pretty difficult sometimes as you can;t think within a split second whether you were in a similar situation in the past   Answer Question

TAS Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Primarily driven by functional and behavioral questions, such as tell me about a time... There are a couple rounds, which included conversations with various existing team members. During the process they also provided a lot of more detailed information about the practice / department, and team. It was a good process for someone making a lateral move internally.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding how to handle certain process challenges.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Normal campus recruiting process. People are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• It was a first round, so there wasn't any trick question.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with a manager in the team I am going to work with. Most questions are about prior experience and interests. Nothing tricky. Second round was a half-day on site interview. Talked with different people from the team as well as the HR. Most questions are personality and cultural fit type of questions. Several technical questions about how to perform valuation analysis, but very basic and a lot of backgrounds were provided.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The initial interview was quick and to the point, which I appreciate and prefer. Expected skill levels & job expectations were covered as well as growth within the company. I was over-qualified for the job opening so the interview was really short and sweet. It's a great company.

ELP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Two interviews back to back for 30 mins each. First one with a manager and the second one is with a partner. A lot of behavioral question by the partner. The interview with the manager was pretty casual and laid back. The partner was tough with his questions. Came out of the interview not feeling confident and knew that I would not get an offer.

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Do not be nervous. Most questions are behavioral questions from your past jobs. If you had any previous jobs or internships, be prepared with themes like difficult situations you had to handle, what you learned from the job etc. Don't try to memorize anything. Just listen to the questions and answer naturally.

Interview Questions

• Not much of difficult question. I did not answer well the "why I wanted the position". Silly mistake, be prepared.   Answer Question