EY Interview Questions in Malaysia

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.9

Audit Staff I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

Started with a phone interview and proceed with one to one interview. The interview questions are mostly on general behavioral questions which you are able to search the list of interview questions online. Prepare to talk about your experiences during extra-curriculum activities in university or high schools if you are a fresh graduate and why you want to work with EY. Also prepare some good questions to ask interviewer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

The interview is a one to one sessions and quite informal. Before the interview, I was asked to fill up a form and wrote an essay.Generally the interview was more on a chat basis and a time for the interviewer to assess whether you are a fit to the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you?
      Explain why you want to join the advisory service line.

Answer Question

Fantastic Learning Experience Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

I got a call from HR for an interview. I provided my CVs, last draws, etc during the first interview with the HR manager. They asked about my work experience, understanding what I did in my previous job, why am I switching jobs, etc. We negotiated salary.
    I got a second call from HR for interview with the business manager. The interview with the business manger is more like a casual chat than a formal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Actually, it was a casual chat instead of a formal interview.   Answer Question

Senior Associate III Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Phone interview followed by face-to-face interview with director. No second interview with partner as i was flying off to somewhere else within 1.5 weeks. Proceed to offer by HR within 1 week.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Applied through online and got an interview request a week later. Did some tests before the interview, just some basic English and behavioral test. Interviewed by two of the directors and mostly they asked stuff in regard to my resume. Both of them are very friendly and they asked a few double entry questions which are quite easy. In the end of the interview, the directors encouraged me to ask them more questions. You can ask any questions whether it is related to the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • They would give you some situations that are tricky, but you could ask them to repeat the questions again.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY.

The first-round interview was quite casual with minimal technical questions

Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in January 2014.

It was a fairly easy 20 min telephone conversation basically about what i did at university and what do you know about risk consulting ie internal business control

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult about the interview just understanding what does the position do   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EY in January 2014.

HR responded within a week, first had a phone interview with very basic questions i.e. graduation date, previous experience. Two weeks later was called in for an interview with a senior manager, with more behavioral questions. There was nothing too technical which was surprising

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      What is it about this area that interests you?

Answer Question
    No, fixed salary at grad-entry level

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in December 2013.

sent the application through website. and got reply on the second week.The interview was pretty much straightforward. The Hr is friendly and helpful. More on describing yourself and future development plan.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in December 2013.

I applied online and received a call from the HR executive after 3 weeks,

There were 2 interviews:

1) Phone interview by HR
    - expect usual questions like 'Tell Me about yourself','why do you want to join EY?'and 'what are your extra co-curricular activities during your study?'

2) Face-to-face interview- Senior Manager of the relative department
    The interview was done in 1 hour or more. The interviewer asked questions in regards to:
    -education background