EY Interview Questions & Reviews in Malaysia

19 interviews

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Assocuate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Johor Bahru (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johor Bahru (Malaysia)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

First you will require to fill in employment application form follow by writing an essay pertaining your future development and why you join EY. Interviewers were Director and Manager. most of the question asking about yourself development during university time and how much do you know about audit and audit life style.

Interview Questions
    • You need to get some understanding on IAS. Suggestion from me is understand few IAS before you go to interview.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

The interview is a one to one sessions and quite informal. Before the interview, I was asked to fill up a form and wrote an essay.Generally the interview was more on a chat basis and a time for the interviewer to assess whether you are a fit to the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you?
      Explain why you want to join the advisory service line.
        Answer Question

Fantastic Learning Experience Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

I got a call from HR for an interview. I provided my CVs, last draws, etc during the first interview with the HR manager. They asked about my work experience, understanding what I did in my previous job, why am I switching jobs, etc. We negotiated salary.
    I got a second call from HR for interview with the business manager. The interview with the business manger is more like a casual chat than a formal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Actually, it was a casual chat instead of a formal interview.   Answer Question

Senior Associate III Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY.

Phone interview followed by face-to-face interview with director. No second interview with partner as i was flying off to somewhere else within 1.5 weeks. Proceed to offer by HR within 1 week.

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY.

Applied through online and got an interview request a week later. Did some tests before the interview, just some basic English and behavioral test. Interviewed by two of the directors and mostly they asked stuff in regard to my resume. Both of them are very friendly and they asked a few double entry questions which are quite easy. In the end of the interview, the directors encouraged me to ask them more questions. You can ask any questions whether it is related to the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • They would give you some situations that are tricky, but you could ask them to repeat the questions again.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Tax Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

HR responded within a week, first had a phone interview with very basic questions i.e. graduation date, previous experience. Two weeks later was called in for an interview with a senior manager, with more behavioral questions. There was nothing too technical which was surprising

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      What is it about this area that interests you?
        Answer Question
    No, fixed salary at grad-entry level

Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

It was a fairly easy 20 min telephone conversation basically about what i did at university and what do you know about risk consulting ie internal business control

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult about the interview just understanding what does the position do   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at EY.

The first-round interview was quite casual with minimal technical questions

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2013.

I applied online and received a call from the HR executive after 3 weeks,

There were 2 interviews:

1) Phone interview by HR
    - expect usual questions like 'Tell Me about yourself','why do you want to join EY?'and 'what are your extra co-curricular activities during your study?'

2) Face-to-face interview- Senior Manager of the relative department
    The interview was done in 1 hour or more. The interviewer asked questions in regards to:
    -education background
    -working experience
    -career objectives
    -strengths and weaknesses
    -personal challenges

Associate ITRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Three rounds of phone interviews.
    1st round - HR (Approximately 20 mins)
    The interview was pleasant. General questions like why you want to apply to EY and brief description about qualifications.

2nd round - Partner (Within a week after HR interview)- Approximately 15 mins
    Mostly touching on your skills and why you want to join in that particular location.
    Basically they look for how proficient you are on your english speaking skills.

3rd round - Senior Partner/ Director (Within one week of partner interview) - Approximately 45 mins

Initially give an introduction and talk about yourself. They will ask you to explain some work experience on your cv if any alongside certain leadership positions you have held. They explain you the job position and seek to understand if you have the required skills to take up challenges. Last 10 mins involved you asking questions about the firm like work culture and career progression in the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Describe functions of ERP software/modules you are familiar with and elaborate a bit on your skills regarding the software and business processes.   Answer Question
    Negotiate for salary and employee benefits especially if you hold a post graduate qualification or really good grades/ intern experience.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!