EY Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2014

3.2

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

3 interviews.

Salary

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in April 2011.

1 - Initial phone screen w/ HR
    2 - Phone screen w/ senior manager from the area
    3 - Invited to come in for a Superday

Super Day ( Four 30 min interviews: 1st w/ HR, 2nd with Senior Manager, 3rd w/ Manager and 4th with Partner)

Heard back in 24 hours w/ offer

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2010.

Character judgement and team suitability

Only salary

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2011.

1 HR round, 1 Manager round, and VC round with Partner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

Please read if you are an EY interview candidate and wish it doesnt happen to you.

My interview with EY lasted for 10 months. After an initial conversation with the recruiter in Dec 2010, I had a phone interview in Jan 2012, one case interview in the office in Mar 2012 and a final round of interview in Oct 2012. Its a unique situation where I had to wait for months before the next round. Thats because the practice was going through a hiring freeze. My profile was a perfect fit to the job description and through out the process the recruiter was very encouraging about my possibility to get an offer. The feedback from 1st 2 rounds was evident of the fact as well. I let go few other opportuniteis as I was very interested in the position.
    Come October, after multiple times of rescheduling, I landed up in EY's NYC office to meet 2 senior managers and 1 partner (hold on to that) on a lovely friday afternoon. My first 2 interviews with senior managers went smooth with usual questions on background and why I wanted to join EY. I was held up for 1 and 1/2 hour in a room before I found out the last interview with partner would be rescheduled. A manager came in to fill in for the partner who had to leave for some urgent client meeting. Had a normal 30 min conversation with the manager and left with a happy but a little disappointing experience, since I wanted to get over this never ending saga. 2 days later my optimistic joruney came to an end when I received an automated message stating the team didnt want to move forward with the process. I wish this whole thing had taken me 10 weeks instead of 10 months.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the most challenging assignment in your current job?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

I had three interviews with Sr. Managers. They attempt to have interviews in person, or at least by video conference if not by phone. Interviewers are assigned to ask either technical questions or behavioral/values questions. Deeming a person a good "fit" is nearly as important as the technical. By good fit, they seem to be looking for "executive presence".

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions I received were unexpected. Mostly typical interview questions such as "Tell me about a difficult client or project you worked on, and how did you handle it"   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate about $5,000 more than offered. I believe I could have gotten more if I asked for it. I didn't negotiate hard enough for title, as I didn't realize that Manager is not a very senior position within EY. I was clearly a Sr. Manager level coming in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2009.

Competencies based interview. Prior to interview, candidates take a Watson Glazer test for comprehension. If passed then two stage interview. First was focused on technical abilities whilst second was regarding values and culture fit. Good quality interview, made to feel at ease, but still asked searching questions.

Interview Questions
    • When have you changed the way you have done something due to feedback from someone else?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as it was around the time of the downturn and there were limited positions on offer.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

I have been approached by a recruiter about an opportunity. Did some research and agreed to meet the company. Went through two initial phone interviews followed by two office visits to meet potential peers and seniors. I had a mix of technical, motivational, and personality related discussions about my background and had a chance to review the experiences of the people I interviewed with as well.

Interview Questions
    • I did not feel like there were highly difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Have been weighing multiple opportunities and another offer seemed to be a better risk/return profile.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2010.

HR and Technical Rounds

None.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in October 2010.

two face to face interviews discussing my experience and general competencies. My first interview was with a senior manager and a director. My second interview was with a director and a partner. I also had to undertake a technical case study and answer technical questions.

pay insufficient.