EY

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had to go through one round of HR and a more technical round with a practice member on phone before I was shortlisted for SuperDay. On the super day, I was lined up for 5 back to back interviews with One HR and 4 practice folks (senior managers and partners). It was a great positive experience, there primary focus is on your experience that is on CV, and how your skill aligns with the practice you are being interviewed for. Definitely a prior experience in a big consulting firm or big 4 will add weight to your candidacy.

Interview Question – Why E&Y?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2010.

Interview Details – first screening over a phone interview
followed two weeks later by
3 "one on one" interviews in a row (3 senior managers)
followed 10 days later by
- interview with HR
- interview with Partner

Interview Question – all the classic questions about past experiences, motivations, naming difficult situation experienced, situation where you learned a lot etc...   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very smooth - initial meeting to decide if it makes sense to bring me. Final interview through a super day process - 2.5 hours, 5 interviews and then boom - verbal decision in 2 days but formal offer in 20 days.

Interview Question – How would you go about your daily job as a Market Risk manager? What analysis will you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very smooth...fair

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in October 2009.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with HR and then followed by 1:1 interviews with 2 Principal/Partners and 1 Manager and 1 Sr. Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was ableto negotiate my salary and title.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 10 months - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Please read if you are an EY interview candidate and wish it doesnt happen to you.

My interview with EY lasted for 10 months. After an initial conversation with the recruiter in Dec 2010, I had a phone interview in Jan 2012, one case interview in the office in Mar 2012 and a final round of interview in Oct 2012. Its a unique situation where I had to wait for months before the next round. Thats because the practice was going through a hiring freeze. My profile was a perfect fit to the job description and through out the process the recruiter was very encouraging about my possibility to get an offer. The feedback from 1st 2 rounds was evident of the fact as well. I let go few other opportuniteis as I was very interested in the position.
Come October, after multiple times of rescheduling, I landed up in EY's NYC office to meet 2 senior managers and 1 partner (hold on to that) on a lovely friday afternoon. My first 2 interviews with senior managers went smooth with usual questions on background and why I wanted to join EY. I was held up for 1 and 1/2 hour in a room before I found out the last interview with partner would be rescheduled. A manager came in to fill in for the partner who had to leave for some urgent client meeting. Had a normal 30 min conversation with the manager and left with a happy but a little disappointing experience, since I wanted to get over this never ending saga. 2 days later my optimistic joruney came to an end when I received an automated message stating the team didnt want to move forward with the process. I wish this whole thing had taken me 10 weeks instead of 10 months.

Interview Question – What has been the most challenging assignment in your current job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details – 1 - Initial phone screen w/ HR
2 - Phone screen w/ senior manager from the area
3 - Invited to come in for a Superday

Super Day ( Four 30 min interviews: 1st w/ HR, 2nd with Senior Manager, 3rd w/ Manager and 4th with Partner)

Heard back in 24 hours w/ offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Manager interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.