EY

EY Manager Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2010.

I had to go through one round of HR and a more technical round with a practice member on phone before I was shortlisted for SuperDay. On the super day, I was lined up for 5 back to back interviews with One HR and 4 practice folks (senior managers and partners). It was a great positive experience, there primary focus is on your experience that is on CV, and how your skill aligns with the practice you are being interviewed for. Definitely a prior experience in a big consulting firm or big 4 will add weight to your candidacy.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2010.

first screening over a phone interview
    followed two weeks later by
    3 "one on one" interviews in a row (3 senior managers)
    followed 10 days later by
    - interview with HR
    - interview with Partner

Interview Questions
    • all the classic questions about past experiences, motivations, naming difficult situation experienced, situation where you learned a lot etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in April 2010.

Very smooth - initial meeting to decide if it makes sense to bring me. Final interview through a super day process - 2.5 hours, 5 interviews and then boom - verbal decision in 2 days but formal offer in 20 days.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about your daily job as a Market Risk manager? What analysis will you do?   View Answer
    Very smooth...fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in October 2009.

I first had a phone interview with HR and then followed by 1:1 interviews with 2 Principal/Partners and 1 Manager and 1 Sr. Manager

Interview Questions
    I was ableto negotiate my salary and title.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

Please read if you are an EY interview candidate and wish it doesnt happen to you.

My interview with EY lasted for 10 months. After an initial conversation with the recruiter in Dec 2010, I had a phone interview in Jan 2012, one case interview in the office in Mar 2012 and a final round of interview in Oct 2012. Its a unique situation where I had to wait for months before the next round. Thats because the practice was going through a hiring freeze. My profile was a perfect fit to the job description and through out the process the recruiter was very encouraging about my possibility to get an offer. The feedback from 1st 2 rounds was evident of the fact as well. I let go few other opportuniteis as I was very interested in the position.
    Come October, after multiple times of rescheduling, I landed up in EY's NYC office to meet 2 senior managers and 1 partner (hold on to that) on a lovely friday afternoon. My first 2 interviews with senior managers went smooth with usual questions on background and why I wanted to join EY. I was held up for 1 and 1/2 hour in a room before I found out the last interview with partner would be rescheduled. A manager came in to fill in for the partner who had to leave for some urgent client meeting. Had a normal 30 min conversation with the manager and left with a happy but a little disappointing experience, since I wanted to get over this never ending saga. 2 days later my optimistic joruney came to an end when I received an automated message stating the team didnt want to move forward with the process. I wish this whole thing had taken me 10 weeks instead of 10 months.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the most challenging assignment in your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in April 2011.

1 - Initial phone screen w/ HR
    2 - Phone screen w/ senior manager from the area
    3 - Invited to come in for a Superday

Super Day ( Four 30 min interviews: 1st w/ HR, 2nd with Senior Manager, 3rd w/ Manager and 4th with Partner)

Heard back in 24 hours w/ offer