EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting, interviewed two rounds. One on campus (1 interview + pre-interview reception), one corporate dinner and one office visit day (4 other interviews). Loved the company and the people.

Interview Question – Why did't you go back to KPMG after your summer internship recently?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was the first interview I got in the states, so I got very nervous because English is not my primary language. The first round was taken at school, and then I was invited to visit the office and met more people from there. I think the interviewers I had interview with were all very flexible in asking questions, not many typical ones that I had prepared before the interviews. They asked most of questions based on your unique background as well as their personal experiences.

Interview Question – What do you think the difference between companies in China and companies in America. (yes, I come from China)   View Answer

FSO TAP Intern Interview

FSO TAP Intern
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initial interview was a phone screen which consisted of walking through my resume and a few behavioral questions. Onsite interview was 2 behavioral interviews and 1 case interview. Case was very straightforward, you get a written case and have ~15 minutes to read it over then answer a bunch of questions from the interviewer. Nothing unexpected. Overall, had a great experience and left with a very positive impression of EY.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral stuff...team dynamics, dealing with failure, etc   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took too long to communicate my decision, already accepted another position

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

FSO ITRA Intern Interview

FSO ITRA Intern
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got the interview through my university. The first round was one 30 minute behavioral interview on campus. The interviewer was very comforting and easy to talk to. The second round was at the McLean office where we had 3 interviews. Two were behavioral and the last one was a case.

Interview Question – The case was difficult it was about an online bank acquiring a brick and mortar bank and the advantages and disadvantages of the decision   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Assurance
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – It's a campus recruiting process. I had an interview with an assurance partner. Basically, we went through my resume. He asked me about every internship that I listed on my resume. Then he asked me a few challenge questions, such as tell me about your special quality, not just the things listed on your resume.

Interview Question – Tell me about your special quality?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview, dinner with employees, in-office interview

Interview Question – A managers asked for an explanation for some of my grades   Answer Question

IT Audit Staff Interview

IT Audit Staff
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was a college campus hire and I was interviewed on campus for the first round. The night before we had a meet and greet a local place and I got to meet all the recruiters and interviewers. So basically I already knew my interviewer. The first round was just some basic behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Interview went smoothly as I already knew the interviewer prior to it.

They accepted me and I was brought in for a 2nd round interview at the local office I wanted to work at. It consisted of 3 interviews. 1 was a case interview and the others were very laid back more behavioral interviews. Basically they just want to know if you are able to hold a conversation because when you are on the job you meet with a lot of clients.

The case interview consisted of a me reading a case and pointing of the issues I saw in the IT environment. The interviewer would ask very basic questions just to get a feel for my thought process. Nothing extreme.

Interview Question – The business case was the most difficult part of the interview process as they gave you a limited amount of time to study the case. Some of the questions were very broad and sometimes hard to answer. But the whole point of it was to just get a feel of your thought process.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details – Connected with a recruiter at an EY networking event and stayed in touch later. With in two weeks I had an office visit offer. They flew me in to McLean, VA to meet a Partner and a Senior Manager. Each took 45 min. round of behavioral questions and briefly discussed my experience with my current firm, tasks and clients I have worked with, key strengths, reason for leaving etc. For the most part it was a casual conversation about my experiences and the position that I was applying for. Interviewers were focused on making me understand what the position demands and what kind of work I will mostly be doing. Very informative and detailed in sense of getting you on board with what the practice is all about. Since I was applying for a position in FAAS practice which is relatively young practice, the interviewers appeared very enthusiastic about growth potential. After interview, in less than a week I was contacted to send them signed authorization to run a background investigation. That same week they scheduled a phone conversation with the second partner who was out of town when I was brought in so I did not get a chance to meet him. The phone conversation with the partner was a breeze. That was a week ago. They said I will hear back with a final decision by end of this week. I went in for office visit exactl a week and half ago. Total time that the process takes is about 2 weeks as they said originally.

Negotiation Details – I am very positive about the outcome.

Credit Analytics Interview

Credit Analytics
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – turned in my resume at university job fair, received phone interview one week later. walk through my resume, not technical at all. two days later got invited to on-site interview. 1 case interview and 2 behavioral interviews with senior manager and partner.

Interview Question – for me the most difficult part is case interview since I have never done this before..   Answer Question

Advisory Intern Interview

Advisory Intern
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took place on campus, it was very straight forward and I was asked very basic behavioral questions. Second round of interviews were held at their office in McLean.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!