EY

Updated Aug 27, 2014

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT On-Site Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in February 2014.

Horrible experience interviewing with EY. Applied for an IT On-Site Support Specialist Job. Had a phone interview with the recruiter. Less then 24 hrs later I received an email saying they wanted to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager and his boss. Spent an hour talking to them on the phone. About a week later I received a garbled VM stating I would hear back by Friday with an answer. The next day I called to confirm what I had heard on the message, but the recruiter was out so I left a VM. Friday comes and goes and I don't hear anything so I sent the recruiter an email. No response. 2 more weeks pass and nothing, I send 1 more follow up email and never hear anything. At this point it has now been been almost 2 months since my initial interview. I send an email through LinkedIn to the head recruiter explaining that I was disappointed with the lack of follow up. Oddly enough a couple hours later I get a VM from the recruiter apologizing as well as an email. She said she had been busy but they decided to go with another candidate. A few weeks after that I was browsing the job sites and I saw the same position open again, I emailed the previous recruiter and said I was still interested if they were. At this point they brought me in for about an 1 1/2 hour interview where I was told the previous employee quit after 2 weeks. Anyways I thought everything went great, even was introduced to the folks I would be working with. Then about a week later I receive an email saying they were going to pass on me. Overall this was one of the worst job searching experiences I ever had had.

FSO TAP Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2014.

Initial interview was a phone screen which consisted of walking through my resume and a few behavioral questions. Onsite interview was 2 behavioral interviews and 1 case interview. Case was very straightforward, you get a written case and have ~15 minutes to read it over then answer a bunch of questions from the interviewer. Nothing unexpected. Overall, had a great experience and left with a very positive impression of EY.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral stuff...team dynamics, dealing with failure, etc   Answer Question

Took too long to communicate my decision, already accepted another position

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

It was the first interview I got in the states, so I got very nervous because English is not my primary language. The first round was taken at school, and then I was invited to visit the office and met more people from there. I think the interviewers I had interview with were all very flexible in asking questions, not many typical ones that I had prepared before the interviews. They asked most of questions based on your unique background as well as their personal experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the difference between companies in China and companies in America. (yes, I come from China)   View Answer

FSO ITRA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

I got the interview through my university. The first round was one 30 minute behavioral interview on campus. The interviewer was very comforting and easy to talk to. The second round was at the McLean office where we had 3 interviews. Two were behavioral and the last one was a case.

Interview Questions
    • The case was difficult it was about an online bank acquiring a brick and mortar bank and the advantages and disadvantages of the decision   Answer Question

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting, interviewed two rounds. One on campus (1 interview + pre-interview reception), one corporate dinner and one office visit day (4 other interviews). Loved the company and the people.

Interview Questions
    • Why did't you go back to KPMG after your summer internship recently?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2013.

It's a campus recruiting process. I had an interview with an assurance partner. Basically, we went through my resume. He asked me about every internship that I listed on my resume. Then he asked me a few challenge questions, such as tell me about your special quality, not just the things listed on your resume.

Credit Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

turned in my resume at university job fair, received phone interview one week later. walk through my resume, not technical at all. two days later got invited to on-site interview. 1 case interview and 2 behavioral interviews with senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    • for me the most difficult part is case interview since I have never done this before..   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2013.

Connected with a recruiter at an EY networking event and stayed in touch later. With in two weeks I had an office visit offer. They flew me in to McLean, VA to meet a Partner and a Senior Manager. Each took 45 min. round of behavioral questions and briefly discussed my experience with my current firm, tasks and clients I have worked with, key strengths, reason for leaving etc. For the most part it was a casual conversation about my experiences and the position that I was applying for. Interviewers were focused on making me understand what the position demands and what kind of work I will mostly be doing. Very informative and detailed in sense of getting you on board with what the practice is all about. Since I was applying for a position in FAAS practice which is relatively young practice, the interviewers appeared very enthusiastic about growth potential. After interview, in less than a week I was contacted to send them signed authorization to run a background investigation. That same week they scheduled a phone conversation with the second partner who was out of town when I was brought in so I did not get a chance to meet him. The phone conversation with the partner was a breeze. That was a week ago. They said I will hear back with a final decision by end of this week. I went in for office visit exactl a week and half ago. Total time that the process takes is about 2 weeks as they said originally.

I am very positive about the outcome.

Advisory Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in February 2013.

The interview took place on campus, it was very straight forward and I was asked very basic behavioral questions. Second round of interviews were held at their office in McLean.

ITRA Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2012.

Initial communications were through information sessions at school. I did a lot of networking by meeting EY professionals at various events like networking events, a resume review and a career fair. From there, I was able to get a first round interview. It was behavioral with the typical behavioral questions in the beginning and then moving more into a conversation towards the end. I was then invited for an final round office visit. I had a great experience. I had a chance to meet new EY professionals at the pre-interview reception dinner and then I went through the office interview process the next day. The first two interviews were behavioral and the last one was a case interview. The case interview was fairly straightforward since I had read up on the framework that they had provided.

Interview Questions
    • How will Ernst and Young contribute to your future aspirations?   Answer Question