EY Interview Questions in McLean, VA

Updated Aug 27, 2014

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT On-Site Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Horrible experience interviewing with EY. Applied for an IT On-Site Support Specialist Job. Had a phone interview with the recruiter. Less then 24 hrs later I received an email saying they wanted to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager and his boss. Spent an hour talking to them on the phone. About a week later I received a garbled VM stating I would hear back by Friday with an answer. The next day I called to confirm what I had heard on the message, but the recruiter was out so I left a VM. Friday comes and goes and I don't hear anything so I sent the recruiter an email. No response. 2 more weeks pass and nothing, I send 1 more follow up email and never hear anything. At this point it has now been been almost 2 months since my initial interview. I send an email through LinkedIn to the head recruiter explaining that I was disappointed with the lack of follow up. Oddly enough a couple hours later I get a VM from the recruiter apologizing as well as an email. She said she had been busy but they decided to go with another candidate. A few weeks after that I was browsing the job sites and I saw the same position open again, I emailed the previous recruiter and said I was still interested if they were. At this point they brought me in for about an 1 1/2 hour interview where I was told the previous employee quit after 2 weeks. Anyways I thought everything went great, even was introduced to the folks I would be working with. Then about a week later I receive an email saying they were going to pass on me. Overall this was one of the worst job searching experiences I ever had had.

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting, interviewed two rounds. One on campus (1 interview + pre-interview reception), one corporate dinner and one office visit day (4 other interviews). Loved the company and the people.

Interview Questions
    • Why did't you go back to KPMG after your summer internship recently?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

It was the first interview I got in the states, so I got very nervous because English is not my primary language. The first round was taken at school, and then I was invited to visit the office and met more people from there. I think the interviewers I had interview with were all very flexible in asking questions, not many typical ones that I had prepared before the interviews. They asked most of questions based on your unique background as well as their personal experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the difference between companies in China and companies in America. (yes, I come from China)   View Answer

FSO TAP Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Initial interview was a phone screen which consisted of walking through my resume and a few behavioral questions. Onsite interview was 2 behavioral interviews and 1 case interview. Case was very straightforward, you get a written case and have ~15 minutes to read it over then answer a bunch of questions from the interviewer. Nothing unexpected. Overall, had a great experience and left with a very positive impression of EY.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral stuff...team dynamics, dealing with failure, etc   Answer Question

Took too long to communicate my decision, already accepted another position

FSO ITRA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

I got the interview through my university. The first round was one 30 minute behavioral interview on campus. The interviewer was very comforting and easy to talk to. The second round was at the McLean office where we had 3 interviews. Two were behavioral and the last one was a case.

Interview Questions
    • The case was difficult it was about an online bank acquiring a brick and mortar bank and the advantages and disadvantages of the decision   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

It's a campus recruiting process. I had an interview with an assurance partner. Basically, we went through my resume. He asked me about every internship that I listed on my resume. Then he asked me a few challenge questions, such as tell me about your special quality, not just the things listed on your resume.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

On campus interview, dinner with employees, in-office interview

Interview Questions
    • A managers asked for an explanation for some of my grades   Answer Question

IT Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

I was a college campus hire and I was interviewed on campus for the first round. The night before we had a meet and greet a local place and I got to meet all the recruiters and interviewers. So basically I already knew my interviewer. The first round was just some basic behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Interview went smoothly as I already knew the interviewer prior to it.

They accepted me and I was brought in for a 2nd round interview at the local office I wanted to work at. It consisted of 3 interviews. 1 was a case interview and the others were very laid back more behavioral interviews. Basically they just want to know if you are able to hold a conversation because when you are on the job you meet with a lot of clients.

The case interview consisted of a me reading a case and pointing of the issues I saw in the IT environment. The interviewer would ask very basic questions just to get a feel for my thought process. Nothing extreme.

Interview Questions
    • The business case was the most difficult part of the interview process as they gave you a limited amount of time to study the case. Some of the questions were very broad and sometimes hard to answer. But the whole point of it was to just get a feel of your thought process.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Connected with a recruiter at an EY networking event and stayed in touch later. With in two weeks I had an office visit offer. They flew me in to McLean, VA to meet a Partner and a Senior Manager. Each took 45 min. round of behavioral questions and briefly discussed my experience with my current firm, tasks and clients I have worked with, key strengths, reason for leaving etc. For the most part it was a casual conversation about my experiences and the position that I was applying for. Interviewers were focused on making me understand what the position demands and what kind of work I will mostly be doing. Very informative and detailed in sense of getting you on board with what the practice is all about. Since I was applying for a position in FAAS practice which is relatively young practice, the interviewers appeared very enthusiastic about growth potential. After interview, in less than a week I was contacted to send them signed authorization to run a background investigation. That same week they scheduled a phone conversation with the second partner who was out of town when I was brought in so I did not get a chance to meet him. The phone conversation with the partner was a breeze. That was a week ago. They said I will hear back with a final decision by end of this week. I went in for office visit exactl a week and half ago. Total time that the process takes is about 2 weeks as they said originally.

I am very positive about the outcome.

Credit Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

turned in my resume at university job fair, received phone interview one week later. walk through my resume, not technical at all. two days later got invited to on-site interview. 1 case interview and 2 behavioral interviews with senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    • for me the most difficult part is case interview since I have never done this before..   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!