EY Interview Questions in Michigan

2.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Valuation and Business Modeling- Full Time Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Phone Interview- 15 minutes technical questions, 15 minutes I asked questions

Interview Questions
    • 1. Walk me through a DCF.
      2. What is WACC, how do you find it?
      3. When the discount rate increases what happens to the PV of cash flows?
      4. Is the Cost of Equity or the Cost of Debt higher?
        View Answer
    Still in process for second round interview

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2013.

On campus recruiting event. Followed by on campus interview with manager level person. Lasted 30 minutes, a couple behavioral questions, mostly conversational. Got call back for on-site interview. There was a dinner/social event the night before interviews. The office interview was 3 - 30 minute interviews with two managers, and a director/partner. Each interview focused on different areas, one was about team work, another on technical skills, and the third was mostly about problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Transfer Pricing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2013.

two rounds interview, one on campus, the other one is on-site.

Interview Questions
    • Not really, most one them were pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2013.

I have passed the first interview and all questions asked during the first round are all general questions. Since my recruiter is a very aggressive lady, all of her questions are about challenge.

Interview Questions
    • Since I have several experiences with Deloitte, the recruiter asked me why not Deloitte.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

Hiring was through school career services

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in March 2012.

I was interviewed by 3 people. They asked me about my participation extra curricular activities and about my internship experience. My advice to everyone who will interviewing with E&Y is when the interviewer asks the question "tell me something about your self" (which in most cases is the first question and the most commonly asked question) make the most out of this and sell yourself in the best way you can. Talk about all your achievements briefly showing them that you have excellent leadership skills, you are an innovator and not a follower. This is your chance to make an impression and to really drive the interview the way you want to.

Interview Questions
    • what kind of supervisor do you work best with.   View Answer
    did not negotiate

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in November 2011.

Attended the social before the night before, which was helpful. Relatively casual interview. The recruiter started by introducing himself and than walked through my resume asking questions about my course work. My only gripe was how long it took to get a reply and than the reply was via email. Wish they would have called just so I could get some feedback.

ITRA Advisory Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2010.

First I had the on campus interview.. and I believe I talked about IT which helped proceed to the next level.. try thinking about what happens in the field like SAS 70 and SSAE 16 (now).
    Office interview had essay sample, easy case study and 3 one-to-one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why Should i hire you and not the others sitting with your same skill set, similar degree and similar gpa?   Answer Question
    Same salary to all interns

Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2010.

On campus interview was very laid back. Interviewer went over my resume, asking various questions about my activities. Also asked questions such as "What is your greatest accomplishment?" or "If you could change anything about your college what would it be." Office interviews were very similar but with a couple more behavioral questions, not bad though. Just had to answer a few questions on leadership, working in teams, etc.

Senior Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in September 2010.

Experience with the recruiter out of NYC was less than desirable although she did ensure that the process moved along quickly. I had two telephone screenings with her, the second seemed to be a repeat of the first phone screening.

Telephone interview with a Managing Director that concentrated on default management. He was very open and asked a little about my background. Interview was simple. He cussed four times during the call which was entertaining. I later met him at a conference. What he was like on the call was exactly like he was in person.

Final interviews came during a 'Super Day'. They bring you in to meet four people: manager, senior manager, partner and recruiter (same one from above- who asked the same questions again from the phone screenings). Interviews were fairly easy. Most of the questions were about my background or the economy, minimal technical questions- not all that challenging.

At the conclusion of your 'Super Day', the final interviewer left. Nobody returned to say thanks, walk me out or anything. I waited a half hour and eventually left since the Admins said that the interviewers were in other meetings or at lunch.

Interview Questions
    • The manager (no Sr Manager) began asking questions before I even had an opportunity to sit in the conference room. He asked about my thoughts around housing crisis; the banks roles in it, the borrowers roles...

The senior manager (now Director) asked a lot of mortgage underwriting questions (my background). After 20 minutes of underwriting questions, he explained that he wanted to buy a vacation home and that he wanted to know how underwriters would evaluate him. He indicated that the explanation was important as I would be client facing and he wanted to know that I was comfortable explaining ideas.
        Answer Question
    Recruiter made the offer over the phone and allowed me to pick which city I would relocate: Charlotte, Dallas or DC.