EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – EY interviews on campus for both their leadership program and for full-time summer/winter internships. After one round of campus interviews, you are invited to the office for a second interview if you pass the first one. I interviewed with about 4 different people at all different levels in the company, from senior managers to a partner. Mostly background info and getting to know you based on your resume. Not too difficult or strenous.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard- only a few behavioral questions such as a time you exhibited leadership skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – phone call shortly after finishing my interview; formal written offer came within several days and I had 2 weeks to make a decision

Very Easy Interview

ITRA Staff Interview

ITRA Staff
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2013.

Interview Details – Easy interview. No preparation is needed really. Be prepared to go over your resume and talk about your experiences. Management is very friendly and keen to hear about you. There is a 50 word minimum so I guess I will keep typing nonsense and hope that glassdoor doesn't pick it up.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for campus hires.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details – One phone interview with a recruiter. An in-person interview with two managers (who I'd be taking daily direction from), one interview with the current employee who was promoted from the job I was applying for (who ended up training me to do the position.) And then one interview with my actual boss who was the location manager for the office.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation you were in at at past employers and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a verbal offer over the phone, which was followed up by an email and a Fed Ex package containing papers I needed to sign and send back. I accepted without negotiating.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting

Interview Question – What other information, besides credit, would you take into consideration when decisioning loan.   Answer Question

Transfer Accounting Associate Interview

Transfer Accounting Associate
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2012.

Interview Details – Got phone interview after connecting with an alumni and sending resume and cover letter that expressed an eagerness to work at Ernst & Young. Phone interview was short and brief. Followed up with an offer to have interviews at office. Interview included a written response, two interviews with management, and a informal lunch with current associates. Generally straight forward process.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was how do your previous experiences give you a competitive edge for the position?   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Emerging Leaders Program
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2013.

Interview Details – The program was posted on the school's career services website. Dropped my resume and only had one around of behavioral interview. It was supposed to last 30 minutes but the interviewer stopped asking me interview questions after about 10-15 and we started to chat casually.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Intern Interview

IT Risk and Assurance Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details – 1st round. Campus interview. Get through my resume, my previous internships, leaderships, and teamwork.

Interview Question – Leadership experience.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2012.

Interview Details – E&Y did a great job of introducing me to their culture, but not their staff. They gave a presentation at my school where their corporate ideals very well (globalization, leadership, entrepreneurship, etc.), but there were no tax partners or managers present. I had hoped to meet one during the interview, but it ended up being with a campus recruiter instead. I felt that they didn't take my candidacy seriously. Why would they even offer me an interview when I haven't even met any of the people in charge?

Interview Question – Describe an encounter with a difficult co-worker, and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Transfer Pricing Interview

Transfer Pricing
Minneapolis, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details – The first was a phone interview, which is very standard questions, most of them are behavior questions and questions on your resume.

Interview Questions

ITRA Interview

ITRA
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in March 2011.

Interview Details – Final round of interview consists of 4 different types of interviews. One, 1:1 behavioral interview with a Partner. Two, case study analysis. Three, 1:1 behavioral interview with a Manager and four, writing sample. These interviews are followed by a group lunch where you get to meet other candidates and EY employees.

Throughout the entire interview process, they try and evaluate if you could be the best match for their company. Interviews are behavioral which gives them an insight of how well you can react to situations, how have you responded to difficult situations in your past and other behavioral type questions. Regarding case analysis, they do not expect you to give them final correct answer rather they see your approach towards problem solving. How well you can organize your thoughts and share with your interviewer. Writing sample consists of some random non technical topics on which you have to write one page.

Interview Question – All sample interview questions are given are on their website which cover most of the base. Please refer them. They are important.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice in Minneapolis, MN. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.