EY Interview Questions in Minneapolis, MN

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

FSO Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

First round of interviews was a 30 minute one-on-one interview on campus. The second round was 3 weeks later in the office. I got a 15 minute tour of the office and then had 3 30-minute interviews in a row with 2 Partners and a Senior Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer wanted details about how I worked in a team. Specifically, he asked me to describe an experience where I worked on a very good team, and then describe a time where I worked on a less functional team.   View Answer
    No negotiation as it was a summer internship position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

EY interviews on campus for both their leadership program and for full-time summer/winter internships. After one round of campus interviews, you are invited to the office for a second interview if you pass the first one. I interviewed with about 4 different people at all different levels in the company, from senior managers to a partner. Mostly background info and getting to know you based on your resume. Not too difficult or strenous.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard- only a few behavioral questions such as a time you exhibited leadership skills   Answer Question
    phone call shortly after finishing my interview; formal written offer came within several days and I had 2 weeks to make a decision

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting

Interview Questions
    • What other information, besides credit, would you take into consideration when decisioning loan.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2013.

on campus recruitment, pre-night, on campus interview, doesn't go to the second round, the questions over all are behavioral questions and also questions about the experience mentioned in the resume

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2013.

The program was posted on the school's career services website. Dropped my resume and only had one around of behavioral interview. It was supposed to last 30 minutes but the interviewer stopped asking me interview questions after about 10-15 and we started to chat casually.

ITRA Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2013.

Easy interview. No preparation is needed really. Be prepared to go over your resume and talk about your experiences. Management is very friendly and keen to hear about you. There is a 50 word minimum so I guess I will keep typing nonsense and hope that glassdoor doesn't pick it up.

No negotiation for campus hires.

IT Risk and Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2012.

1st round. Campus interview. Get through my resume, my previous internships, leaderships, and teamwork.

Transfer Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY in May 2012.

Got phone interview after connecting with an alumni and sending resume and cover letter that expressed an eagerness to work at Ernst & Young. Phone interview was short and brief. Followed up with an offer to have interviews at office. Interview included a written response, two interviews with management, and a informal lunch with current associates. Generally straight forward process.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was how do your previous experiences give you a competitive edge for the position?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in May 2012.

E&Y did a great job of introducing me to their culture, but not their staff. They gave a presentation at my school where their corporate ideals very well (globalization, leadership, entrepreneurship, etc.), but there were no tax partners or managers present. I had hoped to meet one during the interview, but it ended up being with a campus recruiter instead. I felt that they didn't take my candidacy seriously. Why would they even offer me an interview when I haven't even met any of the people in charge?

Interview Questions
    • Describe an encounter with a difficult co-worker, and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

ITRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY in March 2011.

Final round of interview consists of 4 different types of interviews. One, 1:1 behavioral interview with a Partner. Two, case study analysis. Three, 1:1 behavioral interview with a Manager and four, writing sample. These interviews are followed by a group lunch where you get to meet other candidates and EY employees.

Throughout the entire interview process, they try and evaluate if you could be the best match for their company. Interviews are behavioral which gives them an insight of how well you can react to situations, how have you responded to difficult situations in your past and other behavioral type questions. Regarding case analysis, they do not expect you to give them final correct answer rather they see your approach towards problem solving. How well you can organize your thoughts and share with your interviewer. Writing sample consists of some random non technical topics on which you have to write one page.

Interview Questions
    • All sample interview questions are given are on their website which cover most of the base. Please refer them. They are important.   Answer Question