EY Interview Questions in Moscow

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.9

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in September 2014.

Interview

The recruiter called me herself and arrange tests for me for the next day. I thought the tests were pretty easy and I was allowed 2 hours to do all of them. They give you calculators there but there is not much to calculate there. It is more GMAT type of questions where they try to see your level of english and the level of your reading comprehension.

They checked my tests straight away and asked to wait for 30 min for the 1:1 interview. The interview was 45 mins and the questions I also thought were pretty easy.

M&A Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Nothing complex.
    Make sure you know all the details of these topics:
     - Basic SHL/aptitude test and problem solving skills
    1. Basic Russian Accounting
    2. More advanced IFRS/US GAAP
    3. Three key valuation methods and their core principles
    4. In-depth DCF valuation
    5. English and Russian languages are the must
    6. Most of the key operational/accounting metrcis (i.e. EBIT, EBITDA, EPS, etc.), valuation multiples (i.e. EV/Rev, EV/EBITDA, P/E, etc.) and margins (Operational Margin, Debt/EBITDA, etc.)

Interview Questions

• You can expect to meet some really sophisticated cases of financial modelling if you are experienced and quite silly questins if you are only beginning your career at EY.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took about 1,5 months to get the offer from sitting the test

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very fast, it continued for 2 weeks. The interview with the HR was about my intentions to work there, about my hobbies and whether I can work long hours. The interview with the manager was a little bit hard, because they used some methods of stress interview. I felt a little bit nervous, because they tried to put pressure on me. The questions were about the basics of accounting, about some norms of audit.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, but their atitude to what I was talking about was unexpected. Their didn't show any sign of appproval.   Answer Question

Didn't have an opportunity to work full time.

Real Estate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in September 2012.

Interview

They called me couple days after I applied for an internship position . Interview process consisted of several steps. Initial interview with HR, several tests, then an interview with the Manager of Real Estate department and Partner of REAS. At that time they were looking for a person to fill that position immediately, so I guess they liked me the most out of all the candidates, thus they contacted me back couple days after saying that I got THE JOB! In 6 months after successfully completing an internship I was promoted to Junior Financial Analyst position. Loved my job but unfortunately had to move away.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in July 2011.

Interview

I have interviews with HR specilist and also made a test. The test is vey common for such companies like big4. I had next interviews with an audit manager, an audit senior manager and an audit partner. Acutally i hadn't learnt much before all interviews, basic knowledge in accounting was enough for passing all stages.
    The last interview was the most interesting as the interviewer was an expat originally from France.

Interview Questions

• The HR specialst asked me to make a test and asked a few common questions about me and my personal skills (leadership, co-working, etc.). Next three interviewers asked me a few questions about russian accounting and audit standards. The usual question was "why did you choose EY"   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in November 2010.

Interview

I didn't apply online, just got a call from them. Probably they found out my resume on a job-board. I have interview with 1) HR, 2) my future director and one 3) more director and partner and 4) a partner from audit because there is a joint project with audit.

Interview Questions

• In fact the most difficult was the part with my future director. After that it was just a formal talk. He was impressed by my experience so the deal was ok.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Well I suggest him to chose my salary above some threshold and he actually gave me a good offer.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in August 2010.

Interview

First step ia online CV application. After that may be a short phone interview designed to check the seriousness of your motivation. The next step is IQ and skills testing consisting of logical test (a short test is given and you are to decide wether the sentence given is false, true or it is not possible to answer the question on base of the text), english test (audition, grammar, specific term?, BS and PL statements knowledge), short test on accounting, auditing and taxes and essay in english on the theme specified. My theme was "Who is auditor and why do I want to be one?". After the tests followed 2 or 3 interviews with seniors, managers and partners.

Interview Questions

• What were the reasons to chose EY as a future place to work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The terms are strictly set for all applicants, so it is up to you wether to except them or decline. No negotiation over staff position terms is possible.