EY

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Staff Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in July 2012.

Interview Details – As it was campus interview initially group of people were invited and participated in teams secondly cleared HR Round then Technical round and finally Partner Round

Interview Question – Many in depth were question were asked on Revised schedule and IGAAP   Answer Question

Audit Senior Interview

Audit Senior
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details – upload the resume on the site and then if shortlisted
Then attend 3 round of interviews including technical round

Interview Question – Why do you want to join EY   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As I was a fresher, hence there was no negotiation was possible

Intern Interview

Intern
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – I had a reference of the partner and hence it came easy to me. Else there is an issue at EY where you do not get in.

Interview Question – Why CA ?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in May 2011.

Interview Details – Got an interview through networking and had one behavioral interview

Interview Question – Very standard fit questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was happy with the terms so I did not negotiate

Intern Interview

Intern
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2012.

Interview Details – Aptitude test, post HR round, Tech Round and then the partner round

Interview Question – Why CA   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted within two weeks of initial call from recruiter. The interview was a one on one. Since I had an idea about with whom the interview was scheduled I did a background check of the person from various social networking sites to understand the profile of the interviewer. The initial interview went for an hour with detailed discussion on my current role, interviewer wanted to understand if my industry knowledge was in-depth or not. The second round of interview was with the vertical head which was more of a generic discussion; I presume the objective was to understand me as a person rather than my technical knowledge. The initial offer was rolled out to me within a week of my second interview post which the negotiations went for around 10 days posy which I accepted the final offer.

Interview Question – There were some questions which were related to the industry that I come from but were from parallel line of business. The interviewer here wanted to test if apart from knowledge of my LOB if I was aware of the market dynamics for my Industry, fortunately for me being in a strategic role I was updated about the market happenings.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes negotiation is possible however one has to be reasonable & understand which levers to be used to make a point. One needs to understand the kind of numbers the organization offers & then peg a number & follow it up with a strong reason.

Executive Interview

Executive
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2008.

Interview Details – Ordinary Human Resource team taking interviews

Interview Question – Technical questions on the accounting standards and auditing standards   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Advisory Manager Interview

Advisory Manager
Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1. 4 interviews conducted - HR, Partners and Director
2. Interviews to understand the depth of experience and exposure
3. Clearly stated the role they were looking at
4. Did not use the video con facility for interviews
5. Interviews were planned such that everything was completed in a span of 8 weeks for international appointment
6. Hard bargaining required

Interview Question – 1. Practical exposure to handling client and situation tested through case study.
2. Evaluation of how the person would handle a situation was gauged
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1. Hard negotiation and task masters

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2010.

Interview Details – Resume.

Phone call from HR - Why would you like to work the company? What have you done? Any specific expectations from the job?

Interview: Past experiences Family info. Why this this field. Computer skills.

Two interviews.

Interview Question – What do you know about the job you have applied for?   Answer Question

Corporate Communication Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in September 2008.

Interview Details – Fairly detailed with 2 rounds of interview including verbal and written skills...media exposure for the position is a must with internal communication as an added advantage...

Interview Question – Your weaknesses for this job and how would you overcome this   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice in Mumbai, India. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.