EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.8

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

There are three round total. The first two are phone interviews, the last one is on site. Unlike other consultant interview process, there is no case interview. Before the last round, need to finish an online writing assessment (30 minute).

Interview Questions

• What is derivatives? Your biggest strength? Derive BS model   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Bronx, NY).

Interview

it was a very friendly process, just to get to know the interviewee better and to assess fit for the role. nothing out of the ordinary, everything was pleasantly well.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

First I had a phone interview from Chicago a Senior Manager .Was able to impress him .Main questions were related to Front/Middle/Back office. I was called for 1:1 interview to New York office , Times square.Total 5 rounds. 1st round: Manager 1 :He was ex-Navy person. Question were simple and we went through Trade processing. 2nd Round: HR round .was normal related to package and willingness to travel.If you are not willing to travel more than 50-80% Don't expect the offer. That's one of the main point.I was ready to travel not more than 20%. 3rd round: Manager 2: Cleared the technical questions related to Asset Management and how do you work with Operation for Trade related issues ? Whats you passion was one of the most important question ?Come up with a correct answers which suits you. 4th Round: Manager 3: Data models and use cases related to the project we worked on ? Reference Data question .How do integrate security, positions,analytic's ..e.t.c., Water fall and Agile models pros and cons. 5th round: Senior Manger.(Senior Manger was an technical architect.The questions were difficult related to windows IIS installation / Product installations on Unix server ) One of main point here too was don't join if you are not willing to travel.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with different teams across different regions ? How do you mange conflicts between team members ? Whats your passion ? ( I think I screwed the answer here .Gave a normal answer rather than my interests ).   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

One senior manager, one director. Very relaxing. Ask some casual questions about my current position, personal interests. Introduced the life in EY to me. Got offer over the phone one week after the interview, but later the position was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• How to internal audit accounts receivable   1 Answer

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with two people. First a senior manager then a director. Very relaxing interview, each one took more than 30 minutes. Introduced the life in EY to me, talked about some personal hobbies. The director ask me some tech questions to see if I have a concept of advisory. Got offer over the phone one week after the interview. But the position was on hold later.

Interview Questions

• How to audit accounts receivable   1 Answer

Launch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Upon arriving at EY, I met with my campus recruiter and was briefed on what the day will entail. Following this, I was interviewed by 2 different employees: a manager and a partner. Both of the interviews were conversational and very laid back. The manager and partner seemed genuinely interested in me and made me feel very comfortable. I was only asked two questions during the interview. After the interviews, I had lunch with my greeter and then was sent home. I received a call the following day with an offer and the informal offer arrived the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you weren't prepared and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something on your resume.   Answer Question

TAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Three interviews in a row, and two behaviors with one case study. The case study is more focus on business side rather than any specific calculation. And the behavior questions are just tell me a time when.... type of questions. People there are really nice to me, since I wasn't have much case study experience, the person kind of walk me through the case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you have to confront someone, tell me a time you work in a team and what was your position, Do you have any question for me, tell me a time you were being a leader.   1 Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I got the interview by employee referral. First interview was a phone interview that lasted about 30 mins, basic questions about myself and situational question. Heard back a week later that I got a second interview - office interview with 3 different personnel - a partner and 2 senior managers. It's very conversational interview. Got a call a few hours later from a partner saying that I got the job. I got asked all three times: "Tell me about yourself" so prepare that real well, make sure that you make it personal, conversational and start off with some light jokes. I was really comfortable the whole time and the interviewers were really helpful. They made it all about you. Remember, they are human like us and they wouldn't want to hear something that too stiff. The one thing that I really remember is that they emphasized on you being a people person so make sure to show them that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Career path CPA eligibility Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Can you tell me about your experience with EY? What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Technology Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

General questions. Nice interviewer. Questions are basically based on my experience. And the whole process is just like a chatting to let people know what you've done and what you want to be in the future.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through college/university. A recruiter got back to me around 1-2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. She was very friendly and knowledgeable about the firm - she asked a set of behavioral questions regarding your interests, leadership style, teamwork experience, work experience, extracurriculars, etc. I got invited in a few days later for the NY office visit superday. The superday consisted of a presentation by some senior managers/partners, a Q&A panel composed of current workers, and interviews with two senior managers. Got the offer a week and a half later. Very friendly and top class throughout the whole process - just know yourself, what you bring to the table, and be personable!