EY

2.8

272 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in February 2011.

I applied through the company website. I got a call from recruiter within 3 days (on a tuesday). She interviewed me over th phone for 30 minutes. Later she scheduled an interview with a senior manager day after (on a Thursday), which was followed by series of 1:1 interview with partners and principals (on a friday). Total 8 interviews (2 Phone + 6 1:1). Later I was informed on Wednesday next week that the interviewers liked me. they wanted to make an offer. After almost 2 weeks actual offer was made. later they started the Background investigation and rest of the formalities. Interview was more about how well I could sell my resume to them than a pure technical one.

Interview Questions
    • I dont see how you fit in to this position, I am not yet convinced about hiring you for this position.   Answer Question
    I was quite happy with the offer, I did not try to negotiate.

Associate Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in June 2010.

They will have you interview with at least 8 other HR Professionals and are looking for your professionalism and outlook to match their culture. Dress well, speak well and provide good examples of accomplishments.

Interview Questions
    • Please provide an example of a strategic initiative you lead?   View Answer
    Ask for $10k more than they offer, and asked for a signing bonus.

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

EY employees conducted an on campus information session. I applied through my university after the info session and was accepted for an on campus interview. After this initial behavioral interview EY approved me for the next step of the process. A 3 interview long megaday at their Times Square office. They flew you out on their dime.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview question regarding a fictitious company and how as a consultant you would help the company expand their business.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for interns.

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2014.

Approximately five total interviews facilitated by an in-house recruiter and HR contact within the company. Long 5 week process that felt very thorough and focused on personal questions to get to know you as a candidate as well as a technical dive into your skill-set. In the end, it is a very great interview experience to be part of. I found the interview process to be challenging but I was well prepared. I researched potential interview questions, questions listened on this website, and specific technical items to keep in my head.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle difficult people to work with in other departments? Although this wasn't a difficult question, it is a common topic in larger corporations where you might come across other employees who might be difficult to work with but you have to build relationships with.   Answer Question
    I provided them with my current salary and what I was hoping to make early in the interview process. When I was offered a position, they went slightly above what my asking salary was which was unexpected. No need to negotiate but they did seem to do their homework on the value of specific jobs.

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in July 2014.

There were several phone interviews with HR and Business specific management before passing to the "Super Day". The Super Day is a 4 part interview. 1 Part with HR, 3 parts with managers and senior managers that you could potentially work with after joining the firm.

The questions are pretty standard, they ask about your background, types of projects you have worked on, level of clients you were exposed to in the past.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were really standard and based on your past experience.   Answer Question
    They gave me everything I asked for, which was a very generous offer.

Advisory Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in June 2012.

The hiring and interview process is selective and in the beginning is very behavioral in nature. It is important to be knowledgeable about the company and have a genuine interest in EY with specific reasoning as to why it is attractive compared to other similar opportunities. Also, it always helps to have someone on the inside who is well respected that you can reference in an interview as vouching for your work ethic and character. Get your CV in using a current employee as a recommendation and greatly boost your chances at landing an interview. Ask whoever recommends you to invite you out to meet some others so you can gather more information and have additional names to drop of people you reached out to to learn more about the firm.

Interview Questions
    • What is consulting? (If applying for Advisory make sure you have a grasp as to what a work day actually entails and not the glamorized "House of Lies" lifestyle)   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Had an on-campus interview, during college career fair, with an actuary and was invited to super day in Chicago with 20+ other candidates for summer internship program. There were 3 interviews in total, (1 case study, 2 behavioral + informational interviews). Felt pretty good after the interviews. All interviews were with mangers and/or senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was the most tricky part. Had 5 minutes to read a 3 page document which was basically a proposal to start a rewards program for a credit card company. There was a brief 2 line mention of 'actuarial review required for the benefits...' towards the end of the document. The manager started the conversation by asking about those 2 lines (which I didn't get the chance to get to in the short time) and basically went on about it. It was tough, but I think I came through   Answer Question
    Got a phone call within couple of hours of the interview - was asked for location preference (NYC. Chicago, Boston or Philly)

Business Advisory Program Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in October 2013.

First round was an campus interview with a manager from the local EY office. 10 days later I had an interview/office in the NY office (where I applied) which consisted of lunch with all the candidates, 2 behavior interviews and then a case study interview. Before both interview days there was a timed writing assignment that had to be completed to test business writing skills.

Interviews were very conversational but intense, they ask some tough questions and don't always give a lot of feedback if you are doing well or not.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Give an example of the most intelectually difficult thing you have experienced.
      2. Give an example of a project you have worked on with a team that went well, and a project with a team that didn't go well. What happened in each case?

Answer Question

Technology Advisory Program (TAP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

On-campus. first round on campus with the local manager. 2nd round after 3 weeks. 2nd round is at your 1st preferred work location. had 1 case study interview- 45 min, relaxed, not too difficult, no market sizing questions. Also had 2 other rounds of behavioral interviews. Most frequent questions: why EY?what motivates you? strengths and weakness? questions related to my resume and experience-mainly team based and project based.
    For the case study: SWOT analyses, my solutions to the problem, technical risks of the project etc

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, I expected the level of questions. The interviewers are pretty relaxed and friendly which makes the whole process a little easier.   Answer Question

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY in September 2013.

I had been on their automated email for job postings for close to 6 months and applied to several open positions. Finally after many failed attempts received a phone call and email from a recruiter asking me some questions. Nothing hard, just basic stuff like "what are you currently doing..", and "are you available to work at EY..".

That was followed by an email from their scheduler requesting several times and dates to have a phone interview with their recruiter. EY was very good at meeting my time requirements, and the phone interview went without a hitch. I received some basic questions like "tell me about yourself..", "..do you oppose travel..", and some other basic questions about my current job responsibilities.

This was followed by another phone interview with another recruiter probably verifying whatever the first recruiter thought, or there were issues and needed a second opinion. This again followed the same scheduling as the first phone interview. This interview lasted about 45 minutes, and it seemed that all we really did was chat about me and what i'm looking to get out of EY.

I waited a week or two and was contacted again for a face to face interview. The head recruiter asked me to supply several times and dates to meet. EY did a great job meeting my time requirements once again.

I met with 4 Senior Managers and each interview lasted roughly 45 minutes - 60 minutes. I killed the interview and was very pleased with the conversations. However i was very nervous for the long afternoon of interviewing. All the questions had been based on how I would handle a situation. I have a lot of work experience so I was able to tie similar scenarios to the questions. My advise is to prep for behavioral interviews. I didn't think I was well prepared and BS'd a lot. Be confident.

I waited another two weeks and was asked to come back for yet another face to face, but this time was with a Partner. I had no idea what to expect and couldn't find any relevant interview prep to meeting with a Partner in NYC office. I felt i went in cold and unprepared. All I did was make sure I had some questions prepared and I was able to answer the question "tell me about yourself"..though that never came up.

The Partner Interview went really well. I was made to feel very welcome and the conversation was more of two buddies catching up on current events. My advise here is to also tie old responsibilities to the conversation. For example, I'm an auditor and we had been discussing what I thought about a particular article that we both read. I shared a brief 2 minute story of something i had done a few years before. That type of scenario leads to more engaging conversation and allows the applicant to steer the questions and topics. Just don't talk to long.

That went really well and two weeks later I was called by the recruiter and we discussed salary etc. I wasn't wowed by the offer so I pushed back a little. About another week went by and I received a verbal offer followed by a written offer 2-5 days later which I had accepted.

Total effort was brutal and very time consuming.

Interview Questions
    Not too difficult. I know the market rate for senior auditors and EY was a little short. I pushed back with data and job history and EY went back to the drawing board. They came back a week later with a better offer. Still not great, but they made a great effort for showing that they want me.