EY

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through the company website. I got a call from recruiter within 3 days (on a tuesday). She interviewed me over th phone for 30 minutes. Later she scheduled an interview with a senior manager day after (on a Thursday), which was followed by series of 1:1 interview with partners and principals (on a friday). Total 8 interviews (2 Phone + 6 1:1). Later I was informed on Wednesday next week that the interviewers liked me. they wanted to make an offer. After almost 2 weeks actual offer was made. later they started the Background investigation and rest of the formalities. Interview was more about how well I could sell my resume to them than a pure technical one.

Interview Question – I dont see how you fit in to this position, I am not yet convinced about hiring you for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was quite happy with the offer, I did not try to negotiate.

Summer Internship Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2010.

Interview Details – This was actually my second interview (the first round was conducted on campus). This interview was a very positive. It consisted of 3 parts: a writing sample, a case study, and a 1 on 1 interview with a manager.

Interview Question – Name a situation in your life where you faced a difficult decision and how did you ultimately make your choice?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't much to negotiate but the job offer included good benefits and a generous salary.

Tax Staff II Interview

Tax Staff II
New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in April 2009.

Interview Details – i first had a phone interveiw then i was invited to nyc to interview with several partners

Negotiation Details – better to have two offers in the hand so you can negotiate

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting website. Contacted via telephone to come in for "superday", which consisted of one 45 minute Case Study interview, two 45 minute behavior interviews, and one 45 minute writing prompt. The process was long and tiresome. They treated us to a very nice lunch following the interviews.

Interview Question – Give advice on the acquisition of a smaller company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Associate Director Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process included a screening interview on the phone with a recruiter, an initial phone interview with the outgoing hiring manager, a face to face interview with the incoming hiring manager, an interview with both (one in the room, the other on the phone), an interview with several members of the team I would be joining (two in the room, another on the phone) and a final face to face interview with both a team member and the HR leader for the Northeast. By the time EY made an offer I had received another, very attractive offer for a position in Europe and they hurried their process a bit towards the end when I let them know this. At all times I was kept informed of next steps and treated very courteously by everyone.

Interview Question – I don't recall a particularly difficult or unexpected question, but the outgoing hiring manager turned the tables on me at the initial telephone interview and asked *me* to interview *her.*   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – The offer was very fair and I did not negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in December 2011.

Interview Details – Received a screening phone call from a recruiter, which lasted about 30 minutes and was a review of my resume and my new employment desires/expectations. I was contacted a couple of weeks later by another recruiter who wanted to arrange for an on-site interview in NYC. The company provided me transportation and lodging to the interviews. The interviews began at 9am and last for three hours. During that time, i had quick, 30 minute interviews with 2 partners, 2 senior managers, and someone from HR. Interviews basically consisted of my elevator speech, my previous education/employment history, and what I am looking for in employment. I was contacted a few days later with results and the news that they wished to extend me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate; offer exceeded expectations.

Technology Advisor Program Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview from Ernst & Young after clearing the resume screening at the university. The phone interview was behavioral and most of the questions were based on business and leadership skills. Few questions were
1) tell me about yourself
2) Technologies i have worked on
3) about projects
basically more about my resume qualifications

Then, in the one on one interview i had 3 rounds
2 behavioral and 1 case interview

The behavioral questions were
1) tell me about yourself
2) why E & Y
3) Some highlights from my resume - they wanted to hear more about it
4) Difficult situation i had to face when i was in a team and how i over came it
5) My strengths and weaknesses
6) When I had to tell something bad or stern to a team member without making them feel bad
7) Tough situation as a team leader and how i over came it
8) leadership scenarios
9) As a communicator, business analyst
10) Some achievement in your work place that you are really proud of -- Make this answer a selling point.

Case interview :

I had to read a case for about 10 mins

some tips :

Organize your thoughts
Try to prioritize ur solution with 4 or 5 talking points
elaborate on that.

Interview Question – Case interview was the toughest and the questions were very specific with the case. so i cant really help in this.   Answer Question

Associate Valuation Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in December 2009.

Interview Details – Welcomed by two new associates and scheduled interviews with 4 other professionals: Regional Practice Leader, two Senior Managers and a Director. Emphasis on people and employee morale within the practice. Interviews included a lot of technical questions and background experience type questions.

Interview Question – Important information for an analyst to know when completing a monte carlo analysis in Crystal Ball.   Answer Question

Technology Adviser Program Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – first round on-campus behavioral interview, second round office visit Superday

Interview Question – What role do you usually take in a project?   Answer Question

Staff, Financial Advisory - TAP Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details – I have interviewed in college in on campus recruiting drive. I have intimated in a week saying, that I have been selected for Big day in NYC. I got the final result in 4 days.

Interview Question – Case study. They give you a case in real world financial situation. And they expect you to answer the questions regarding that.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 224 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.