EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated May 22, 2015

2.8

TAP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruit, first round is on campus, behavioral & technical 8:2. Second round is on site, 2 behavioral 1 case interview. The case one is really easy, but I definitely screwed up one of the behavioral because she asked many technical questions and I'm not from a technical background like computer science.

Interview Questions

• How did you do your forecast? What method & model did you use?   Answer Question

Launch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Upon arriving at EY, I met with my campus recruiter and was briefed on what the day will entail. Following this, I was interviewed by 2 different employees: a manager and a partner. Both of the interviews were conversational and very laid back. The manager and partner seemed genuinely interested in me and made me feel very comfortable. I was only asked two questions during the interview. After the interviews, I had lunch with my greeter and then was sent home. I received a call the following day with an offer and the informal offer arrived the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you weren't prepared and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something on your resume.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Was quick and efficient I was asked to go to the office and met 3 people. Basic questions on my education and background. I was then invited to lunch, and coffee. Was allowed to leave at 5pm.

Data Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The first round interview is via phone. All about your experience on the resume. I received the notification of next round in the evening of the first interview. On-site interview. Arrive in New York the day before the interview. On the day of interview, first welcome session. Everybody introduced himself, and then the recruiter played a slide show of the company. Two managers introduced the general information of the company, e.g. how they operates. Then they asked the candidates if we had questions. After that is a group case study based on very brief introduction given by EY. 20 minutes discussion followed by 15 minute presentation. Everyone should present in this session. Following that are three individual interviews. Most of the questions are related to your experience and behavior. The interview finished here and helpers led us to lunch. After that we went back to the office and wrapped up the interview. Two and a half weeks later I was informed that I was declined.

Interview Questions

• What will you do with a tough person in your team?
      Why do you choose this position?
      How to deal with conflicts with customers?
      How many ping-pong balls do you think can be held in a Boeing 747 plane?

Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they took two weeks to get back me. First, I talked with HR person who scheduled phone interview with manager the same week. The following week I was invited for onsite interview in NYC headquarters, to have multiple 1:1 interviews with manager director and senior managers.

The HR and hiring team was very respectful and friendly.

I did not get the offer but even if I had got I had doubts I would like to work in consulting environment. Nevertheless, the overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Quantitative questions related to my professional experience and specific examples. Certainly, they were few behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Audit Staff FSO Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone from North Carolina she was very nice and then I got a phone call the next day and was invited for an office interview. When I first arrived we all met in a meeting room and met with one of the partners and he shared some of his experiences in public accounting and his international experience. After we all split up and had 2 half hour interviews. I met with 1 manager and 1 partner. One of the people I interviewed was kind of difficult to understand and it didn't go as well as I hoped. After they took us out for lunch and the day was over.

Interview Questions

• Asked to go over my resume and really asked a lot of questions. Make sure you can really talk about job experience.   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through college/university. A recruiter got back to me around 1-2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. She was very friendly and knowledgeable about the firm - she asked a set of behavioral questions regarding your interests, leadership style, teamwork experience, work experience, extracurriculars, etc. I got invited in a few days later for the NY office visit superday. The superday consisted of a presentation by some senior managers/partners, a Q&A panel composed of current workers, and interviews with two senior managers. Got the offer a week and a half later. Very friendly and top class throughout the whole process - just know yourself, what you bring to the table, and be personable!

Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

after 1 or 2 phone screens, candidates are invited to super day when 4-5 interviewers conduct interviews. superday takes just one day and round table happens at the same day after the interview. process is very quick so the decision is made at the same day.

Interview Questions

• roles and responsibility at current works and how the experience is related to the works applied to EY   1 Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I went through on campus recruiting, meet with manager first. He is a really nice person and easy to talk to, all they want to know is your passion and your teamwork and leadership experience.

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an interview and at the same time I needed to do a writing assignment. The interview was simple, we reviewed my resume, he asked behavioural questions and he told me they will look for me for a case interview if I was selected.

Interview Questions

• Your biggest challenge and a situation in which I fail?   Answer Question