EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.8

IT Advisory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Apply through college internal career service website. Heard from the company within two weeks. The interviewer was very nice. She was the manager of the team, who worked at EY for 15 years. It was nice to talk to her.

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Technical, prior audit experience, average 30 minutes of the round, overall technical round, generally manager or senior manager takes the round, questions on inter personal skills, client interaction, Accounting and auditing standars questions

Advisory Senior III Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

External recruiting agency contacted me for the position. - week 1 One short Phone Screen with Senior Manager - week 3 Super Day interviews- week 4 2 Senior Manager 1 Executive Director 1 HR One Telephonic interview with Partner. - week 8 ( delayed to Holiday time) Offer - week 11

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave you current company/job Why do you want to join. Share you experience on Data warehousing/ BI. Share your experience on BASEL and CCAR. Behavioral Check.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Gave a better position than Pay. Overall satisfied with the Benefits

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a total of 6 interviews returning to EY on 6 different days. This took nearly one year with each interviewer promising a start date of next month and then calling back to say they are a little behind schedule and the start date will be moved up a couple of months. I received an offer a year later, but by then, I had another promising job offer which I took instead. The interview process was difficult and took too long.

Interview Questions

• How many proposals have you completed in a 6-month period and were they all submitted on time and compliant?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Campus interview to start. Then you move to your second interview in the office that you plan to be in. The first interview is more to get to know the candidate and see if you are a good fit for the company with some behavioral questions. The second interview consisted of 3 parts. Two behavioral interviews and one case study. The offer process was pretty quick.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a Human Resources point of contact from my recruiter. I sat in one room with each individual interviewer visiting me in the one location. Started with an Audit Manager for about 30 minutes and then spoke with two Partners focused on Private Equity and Hedge Fund line of business for an hour in total. The process was relatively painless except there were some product specific questions to ensure I really knew the products I claimed were on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience prepared you for this role to manage a larger team?   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Behavior questions. Four round with about eight people from recruiter to partner. Technique questions will be with some managers and senior managers. The hotel they booked is very nearby and very comfortable and the recruiter is very thoughtful.

Interview Questions

• technique and behavior questions   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

1st round phone interview with a manager, more behavioral questions and prior work experience. Second round with 4 ppl including a ED and a partner. Wait for a month to get another round of phone interview with a ED. Then offer comes.

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

EY recruits heavily at my university. The recruiters were always friendly. Interview is more conversational, a few behavioral questions. No technical questions, unless you are interviewing for a position in TAS. Follow up with recruiters and send thank you notes. They will appreciate it. Make sure you stand out in a positive light and develop a connected relationship with your recruiter. I had a total of five interviews. Two on-campus interviews. And three in-office interviews for FSO New York Tax. I came from the University of Florida. Studied Accounting and had two client-facing internships with EY.

Interview Questions

• They asked me specific questions related to my past work experience and collegiate involvement. They also asked me why I want to be in New York   Answer Question

EY Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It is quite fun. You have the oppurtunity to meet people at all levels of the form and ask any questions you like. The interview process is highly behavioral but if you bring up something technical and the person you are talking to knows a bit about it you may be questioned further. However, for the most part you just talk with employees to get an idea of the firm and the firm gets an idea of you. Simple as that really.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you are proud of Thats not on your resume.   1 Answer