EY

2.8

268 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Adviser Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

first round on-campus behavioral interview, second round office visit Superday

EY Advisory FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2014.

I applied on campus interviewed with a Partner and then was invited for their Superday in NY. The interview started with a presentation talking about the service line then the greeters took us for our interview locations. The interviews consisted of 1 writing test (1 hr), 1 reasoning test 45 mins, 2 behavioral 45 mins and 1 case 45 mins. Got an acceptance call within two days.

Interview Questions
    • I really prepared very well for the case so know your basics and dont rush. Think before opening your mouth and talk sense like a proper consultant. You can make flow charts/diagrams if you like- they helped me a lot.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate it was well beyond my expectations.

Staff, Financial Advisory - TAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EY in March 2014.

I have interviewed in college in on campus recruiting drive. I have intimated in a week saying, that I have been selected for Big day in NYC. I got the final result in 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • Case study. They give you a case in real world financial situation. And they expect you to answer the questions regarding that.   View Answer

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2014.

Phone interview with an HR representative asking very basic information regarding previous jobs, salary expectations, current salary, etc. Week later phone interview with a Manager. It was in-depth conversation with some behavioral questions and some technical questions. They want to get a sense of whether or not you like this particular field and whether or not you would fit in their team. One day later HR rep scheduled a superday at the NY office. 6 1:1 interviews with managers, directors, and staff. Standard behavioral questions, but they really dug deep on technical questions. I couldn't answer most of the technical stuff because my knowledge and expertise is simply not up to their level, but they just want to see how you react to these types of situations. They are looking for enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Two weeks later I get a phone call from the hiring manager explaining that they liked me a lot and the feedback was very positive and they continued the job offer process for about two more weeks of filling out paperwork and various forms. About four weeks after I interviewed at the superday they email me the offer letter.

I went over and beyond with interview preparation and research. I honestly do not think I would have gotten this far without going at least 110%.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly do you do at your current job? It appears you do little to no analysis with the model.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, but I assume the more experience you have the better your chances are, but EY is a very structured company so salaries at each level have minimums and maximums, so be prepared and you should expect what you deserve.

Tax Staff II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in April 2009.

i first had a phone interveiw then i was invited to nyc to interview with several partners

better to have two offers in the hand so you can negotiate

Intern, Due Diligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EY in April 2011.

I got an interview on campus for due diligence. Nice interviewer.
    1-Typical behavioral questions
    2- Case interview
    The key is to come prepared for the case.

Commercial Due Diligence Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at EY in December 2010.

I was contacted for a phone interview. After a 45 minute phone interview, which consisted of "telling her about myself," and a short case, the campus recruiter let me know that I'd be going to the New York office to interview with four more senior associates.

On the super day, the interviews started at 11, and all four interviews were basically the same: "tell me about yourself/run me through your resume," and then a market sizing case question. There was also a writing sample with a case question and three brain teasers.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the market size of telephone sets in the US each year.   View Answer
    • How many office buildings are there in the US?   Answer Question
    • You have one 4-min hourglass, and one 7-min hourglass. How can you time 9 minutes exactly?   View Answers (5)
    • Jamie eats a whole pizza in 30 minutes. Jackie eats a whole pizza in 20 minutes. Jenny eats a whole pizza in 2 minutes. How long does it take them to eat one pizza together?   View Answers (2)

Didn't like the culture. All the interviewers were ridiculously stoic and non-responsive.

Financial Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in January 2011.

I did the phone interview in December, after the holidays, I have not heard from them, so I decided to send a follow up email, and they told me they wanted me to come visit the office and meet with people of the team I may work for. That is scheduled for Wedneday January 12th... Extremely nervous, and not sure what to expect from the interview... Will keep you updated on the outcome...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you suggested an easier way of doing things, and it was implemented.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in March 2010.

This was actually my second interview (the first round was conducted on campus). This interview was a very positive. It consisted of 3 parts: a writing sample, a case study, and a 1 on 1 interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation in your life where you faced a difficult decision and how did you ultimately make your choice?   Answer Question
    There isn't much to negotiate but the job offer included good benefits and a generous salary.

Commercial Due Diligence Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in February 2011.

Applied through campus recruiting, went through 2 rounds of interviews.

Round 1: At campus. 45 minutes of interviewing. Talked about experiences for first half, then did a market sizing question for the second half.

Round 2: At main office in New York. 4 rounds of interviews for 3 hours (40 minutes each). One writing sample round (1 market sizing question, 3 brain teasers), 2 behavioral interviews, and the last one included another market sizing question.

Interview Questions
    • Market size of handset telephones in the US (amount sold in 1 year)   Answer Question