EY

235 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interview Details – very easy going and laid back interview process. s true sense of teamwork and commitment is portrayed at all levels, Everyone seems to be part of a team and shows a true dedication to growing the practice.

Negotiation Details – i received offer, i did not have to negotiste as they met my initial requests

Event Planner Interview

Event Planner
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details – As long as you can get an initial job and make a lot of contacts in the company, be prepared for a rather easy interview process as an internal candidate. If people like you and you are personable, the interview process is a quick one, especially if moving up within the same department.

Interview Question – Giving an answer to "where do you want to be in 5 years?" is always tough.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you can negotiate in 2013 with this kind of job market, good luck. Usually you're told what you're given nowadays.

Advisory Quest Program Interview

Advisory Quest Program
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed through on-campus recruiting, and the interview was an 1 to 1 behavioral based on. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Interview Question – There is no difficult question at all.   View Answer

Senior Manager, Customer Strategy, Financial Services Interview

Senior Manager, Customer Strategy, Financial Services
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview Details – Screen by HR, followed by Sr. Manager screen, then 1/2 day visit to NYC which consisted of a brief introduction to a panel and 4 interviews -- 2 with live people (Sr. Manager, and Recruiting) with two phone interviews with partners.

Interview Question – Tell me your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got an interview through campus recruiting. The first round interview took place on campus. First round interview questions were pretty easy. They just want to know who you are. Questions like "why tax? why accounting?". Then there were 3 recruiting events on campus.

Then the firm invites you for office visit, all expenses paid for. The second round interview was with partner and manager. They ask you almost the same questions like the first round interview. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and show that you're very interested.

Interview Question – Which tax practice do you want to specialize in and why?   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Tax Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred to EY by a friend and former coworker as an experienced hire. I applied through the website, was contacted by their HR department and flew to NYC for my interview. I interviewed with a senior manager, an executive director and a partner. The interview questions mostly focused on my prior work experience. Everyone seemed very intelligent, friendly enough and highly ambitious - so very New York City. I was somewhat "sold to" on opportunities I would have to help them upgrade their technology to be paperless but this did not pan out as these decisions are made only at much higher levels.

Interview Question – I was not asked any tax technical questions or other hard interview questions. I was mostly prompted to talk about my prior work experience which I did not find difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate a higher salary even though I had a higher offer from another firm which I communicated to the HR person. She said that once the offer had been approved by all the different channels, there was basically no way to negotiate. I accepted the lower offer from EY because I need Big 4 experience on my resume.

Human Capital Tax Staff Interview

Human Capital Tax Staff
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one on site interview

Interview Question – No real difficult questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forward

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Behavior questions only: Campus recruiting -> On site

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

FSO, Technology Advisor Program Interview

FSO, Technology Advisor Program
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview at campus for the first round with a senior manager. Asked about standard resume questions like tell me about your past internship experience, why do you want to work in finance industry, and why choose EY, etc.. Got into second round the next day. Three rounds in the office, two behavioral and one case.

Interview Question – Your internship experience is not directly related to the financial service industry, so why do you want to work in the finance now?   Answer Question

Senior III Interview

Senior III
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy, know your resume