EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.8

TAP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruit, first round is on campus, behavioral & technical 8:2. Second round is on site, 2 behavioral 1 case interview. The case one is really easy, but I definitely screwed up one of the behavioral because she asked many technical questions and I'm not from a technical background like computer science.

Interview Questions

• How did you do your forecast? What method & model did you use?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was approached by a London based Placement / Staffing firm. They understood my interests and placed my profile with EY for the position of Senior. Initially they provided me the details on Manager and then reverted to Senior, the explanation was provided that EY will evaluate and then align my experience with the title. After couple of weeks, a phone interview (technical round) was setup with a Manager, she was generally polite and asked questions on my experience and the resume itself. The feedback was quick and I received a notification that a super day will be organized. But all of a sudden another round of phone interview was organized with the Head of recruitment after a week. The recruiter did not turn up and I wrote an email to the recruitment coordinater, she apologised and scheduled the same another day. The next day, the conversation started well and then the question came up starting as "I am not a technical person and can you in short tell me about yourself?" I was happy to provide a response but got abruptly interrupted, wondering if this was technology oriented role then the Recruiter is expected to appreciate the technological concept and inputs at the high level. Overall the interview went well and 2 weeks later a super day (13th March) was organized. On the Superday I reached at 8.20 AM as the interview was scheduled to start at 8.30 AM. There were 3 rounds of interview scheduled, the first round was scheduled with the recruiter who had taken my phone interview. He turns up late at the reception (about 8.40 AM or so). He begins by providing his gyaan on why they would like to hire somebody at Senior level and when I prompted a question on bands and what is the difference between those bands in terms of expectations, he was not able to provide a proper answer. He skipped the answer saying that they do not know a clear difference. I also asked a question on the business model in terms of managed services or staff augmentation and he was arrogant in responding back that EY is a Tier 1 company and not a Tier 2 IT consulting firms. He also made an exaggerated suggestion that the visa transfer filing will take about 30 days or so. The next scheduled interview was with the Partner, he was about 10 minutes late. This guy walks in and goes to the window in the office that I was sitting, peeks outside and then when he was finished, shakes hands with me and then starts providing overview of the Regulatory Transformation practice. I asked a question on the business model in terms of Regulatory transformation project bid and I did not get a clear response. He asked few questions and then took out his diary, asked some standard questions, wrote down notes and then he left without providing me a chance to ask questions. Next steps in a Senior (same level as my prospective title). She asks a standard question on 'Tell me about yourself', then she retorts back with further queries on 'What is my goal in 5 years time', I responded back that I would like to focus on client advisory role and build my domain expertise on OTC Derivatives and regulatory requirement. She comments that this sounds a good proposition but then why one would join a consulting firm and not a bank instead. I asked her some questions which included - What can you leverage from my CV in the current role. She responded back saying that she did not find anything interesting. That response was enough to put me off. I sensed an agenda of nit picking for sure. I kept quite and let her exit the room after few minutes. It was clear to me that this was not working out for me. If there was an issue with skillsets then this should have been filtered out at the phone interview stage and not during face to face interviews. The last round was scheduled with a Manager, she comes and apologies as she was not carrying a CV copy, I provided a copy that I was carrying. She sounded upbeat as she discussed the training plans and answered my questions politely. Then she all of a sudden got up while I was speaking and I felt uncomfortable, I shook her hands and let her go. She commented she will ask the other partner to speak with me. That never happened. I called the Interview greeter and she confirmed that everything is done and the recruitment team will come back to me. This was a Friday and then I kept waiting for confirmation untill Wednesday - 18th Mar, I ultimately called the EY Recruiter and left a message, he did not return my call. I am yet to receive an official notification from EY but overall my experience with them has left a bad taste in my mouth. If this is how they treat you during the interview stage then this is a good indication of things to come. Overall, I am glad that this did not work out! nobody likes to work with people who do not respect you. I am certain that this is a case with few bad apples, EY is known for its culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself Which project did you enjoy the most? Which project was challenging?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

You go through a series of interviews. One on campus interview then you are brought into the office where you will go through two additional behavioral interviews. Upon getting the leadership program you will have two additional interviews during the two day process one behavioral and one case study.

Interview Questions

• One was behavioral so things like, tell me about yourself. One was a case study so they are done on an individual basis.   Answer Question

Techonoly Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Details Applied through career fair at college. 1 essay + 1 Face-to-face on campus Fairly simple first round. Applied through campus recruiting. The first round was a phone interview. why EY? Tech projects you worked on. why this position? leadership experience. It was a 15 minutes phone interview

Interview Questions

• Applied through campus recruiting. The first round was a phone interview. why EY? Tech projects you worked on. why this position? leadership experience. It was a 15 minutes phone interview   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

1st interview is with an EY HR representative over the phone. About 10-15 mins where they ask why you want to join EY and why you are leaving your current firm. Then another phone interview by Senior Manager on team that you will be working on. This lasts approximately 45 mins. Most of the questions are behavioral and also walking through them your resume. Then you come in for a super day. Four interviews are done by different Senior Managers on team. They are about 30 minutes each. The super day lasts half a day at the EY offices.

Technology Advisory Program Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through a referral. Details The hiring process took no longer than 4 weeks and was a fairly simple process overall. 1) Reached out by an EY recruiter in the beginning regarding the nature of the position and a discussion of the type of work involved, asked behavioral questions. Conversation Lasted around 30 mins. 2) Next I received an email saying I had to complete a timed writing assessment (40 mins) within 48 hours. It was a basic essay. Random topic. If you have done essays in GRE, you should not worry. 3) A week later, I received an email, I was notified that I had advanced to the second round. The second round interview consists of a "super day" at your specific office location (mine was New York), where you attend a series of presentations, then they match you up with a 'Greeter' who escorts you to your interviews for that day. 2 Behavioral Interviews and 1 case study. Behavioral question were very basic - Strength, weakness, leadership, experience in working with teams and how do you handle conflict Case study - I was given two pages to read (30 mins to read and makes notes) and after that series of questions were asked. My case study was about credit card company who was trying to expand. It was very basic not like NOT like a consulting case for MBB. Having a basic understanding of frameworks will help. Got the call with an offer the Monday following my Thursday interview.

EY Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First round campus interview. I interviewed with a partner and it was very relaxed. the interviewer was very friendly and wanted to understand where i came from and my background. Then, i made it to the second round and the superday occured in their Manhattan office. We were all brought into a room where all candidates introduced themselves and there was some Q and A for the different service lines Then, 2 back to back interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge and how did you solve it   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they took two weeks to get back me. First, I talked with HR person who scheduled phone interview with manager the same week. The following week I was invited for onsite interview in NYC headquarters, to have multiple 1:1 interviews with manager director and senior managers. The HR and hiring team was very respectful and friendly. I did not get the offer but even if I had got I had doubts I would like to work in consulting environment. Nevertheless, the overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Quantitative questions related to my professional experience and specific examples. Certainly, they were few behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Forensic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an external recruiter. The first interview took place a week later with EY HR agent, which was very brief, almost in a rush. I haven't heard anything from the company for a week, and after contacting both, the HR representative and the hiring manager, was redirected to another HR agent. Then to another. Finally, in-person interview was set two weeks later, which went quite smooth and had a shape of a conversation, rather than an interview. I felt good about it; wrote a thank-you email and waited for a reply. No one responded during the next week, neither the week after that, and after a few emails to HR department and the hiring manager I gave up. It has been about a month now. I am not sure if it's HR's irresponsibility, or the hiring process in general, but so far it is the only company that hasn't given neither feedback, not a mere answer.

Audit Staff FSO Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone from North Carolina she was very nice and then I got a phone call the next day and was invited for an office interview. When I first arrived we all met in a meeting room and met with one of the partners and he shared some of his experiences in public accounting and his international experience. After we all split up and had 2 half hour interviews. I met with 1 manager and 1 partner. One of the people I interviewed was kind of difficult to understand and it didn't go as well as I hoped. After they took us out for lunch and the day was over.

Interview Questions

• Asked to go over my resume and really asked a lot of questions. Make sure you can really talk about job experience.   Answer Question