EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.8

Technology Advisor Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

We had to apply through the university's career services link and after our resume is selected we had to schedule an first round interview. If we cleared that we had a Mega-Day Interview where we had 3 back-to-back interview rounds.

Quantitative Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

On campus first round interview. Then got the on-site interview one month later.

The on-campus interview is basically walking through the resume and asking me research related questions. The on-site interview is a mixture between technical and behavioral questions. The behavioral questions are very standard and like in any interview book. One question they repeatedly ask is that if you can sustain long hours of work if there is a upcoming urgent issue. The technical questions are very general. They do not ask you to solve specific math or coding problems, but ask you to describe the high-level strategy for analyzing a data set for a particular problem. For example, what model to use for a XX data set, what can be the typical problems, etc..

Interview Questions
    • You utilize a model for a real data set. This model has a set of assumptions. How do you know that these assumptions are consistent with the real data?   View Answer
    • Describe a survival model that you have experience with.   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

Had 1st round interview on campus, very basic. Basically just walked through my resume and was asked when i had worked in a team when it had not worked out and name a time that i got criticized on my work and what i did about it. Second round interviews were basically the same thing but with a case study.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you worked in a group and ran into conflict   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took about a month. I applied through my career center and got a decision for first interview in a week. The first round interview consisted of behavioral questions and resume review. The second interview confirmation was sent within the next day. EY's office interview was more conversational than structured. They really wanted to see if your personality would fit the firm. I received a call within the next day with the offer.

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in November 2014.

EY employees conducted an on campus information session. I applied through my university after the info session and was accepted for an on campus interview. After this initial behavioral interview EY approved me for the next step of the process. A 3 interview long megaday at their Times Square office. They flew you out on their dime.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview question regarding a fictitious company and how as a consultant you would help the company expand their business.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for interns.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Process lasted for a month and half. Handed in my resume through my school. Had a first round on campus interview with two interviewers. Was called in for an Office Visit, during which I talked to three employees - two behavior and one case interview. Case interview was very interesting and not very hard. Had a panel discussion after and was taken out to lunch by two analysts. People were warm and nice. Overall a nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • They were asking about my past internship experience in a more technical way than I expected. My suggestions is don't put anything on your resume that you can't discuss in details.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY.

It was college recuruiting process. The interview came to campus to interview me. I passed resume screening and was invited to the interview. My school was in NY, but senior manager from different state came for the interview. She asked why I wanted to study accounting and what made me to apply assurance. She asked me where I want to locate, and what industry I want to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Why EY, Tamwork experience, What made you study accounting, Why not Tax, Why assurance.   Answer Question

TAS Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

Two phone interviews. The first one behavioral with recruiting manager and the second with practice manager with mixed behavioral and technical questions. After that was invited to come to the office for interviews with 5 people (two partners and three managers).
    Questions:

- What is your leadership style?
    - Walk me through your resume
    - Tell me something that is not on your CV

Interview Questions
    • - Describe situation when you dealt with an interpersonal conflict?   Answer Question
    Was able to increase my salary by 5k

Advisory Consultant Program- Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in October 2014.

Applied through Campus Recruiting Center. First round interviews were held on campus and consisted of a behavioral interview with a Senior Manager or a Partner. Everything was very casual and relaxed. The interviewer was very friendly and open for the dialogue. Got the invite for the Super day the next week.
    For the second round of interviews (aka Super day) I was taken to Dallas, TX. There we had a pre interview networking session, which I highly recommend to attend (if you are lucky enough, you may meet your interviewers there). The next day I had 3 back-to-back interviews 45 minute each with Senior Managers/Partners: two behavioral, and one case interview. Again, all the interviewers were very friendly and helpful. In about a week I got a call with the job offer notification.

Interview Questions
    • The case was pretty big (5 pages) for 45 minutes, make sure you practice a lot with note taking, because they collect everything after you are done with the case.
      Behavioral questions were: Why EY, Why consulting, Why [insert our department here], Strengths/Weaknesses, Leadership, Teamwork, Conflict. Make sure you know your resume and can elaborate on each and every point in it. Also, S.T.A.R. framework is really helpful

Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

A recruiter found me on linkedin and approached me. First I went through an Hr screen I by and then had a face to face meeting with the manager. So far it has been a very good process. Yet to face the technical interview.