EY

235 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very warm. 3 interviews with 1 case interview.
Had a mobile app case that was to be read with accompanying answers.
Worked out well.

Interview Question – when were you faced with a team member issue?   View Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting. Went to first round on-campus interview with a partner on Oct. 16th and second round on-site interview with two senior managers on Nov. 21st. Both were one-to-one. The whole process, from first round interview to final decision making, took almost 5 weeks. However, the decision was made the next day right after the office visit.

Interview Question – Nothing technical. Most of them were conversational. I had three interviewers during the whole interview process. There was only one guy asking me many questions about my experience, like the best/worst team/people you've ever worked with, describing a time when you made a right/wrong decision, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I like the company and people there. They are very nice and friendly. I didn't negotiate because the benefit or salary for new employees is basically identical in all of the big four.

IT Risk Assurance Interview

IT Risk Assurance
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting and went to Superday in October 2013. It was really easy, 1 case interview and 2 behavioral.

Interview Question – Nothing was that out of the ordinary. They just asked about my experiences.   Answer Question

Summer Tax Intern Interview

Summer Tax Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – I attended a couple of campus events and applied through my school's career website. The first round interview was 30 mins. It was more like a conversation and my interviewer went thought my resume. My interviewer was so nice. I got the office visit notice on the following day. The office visit was about 4 hours, one presentation, one panel discussion and two 30 mins interview then lunch. The first interview was a tax partner and the second one was a tax manager. I was nervous when I know the first one is a partner because My friend got two managers. The partner was very friendly. He asked me about 4 behavioral questions. The questions were very specific, My second interviewer was very nice as well. He basically went through my resume with me. Overall, the whole experience was very good. I like it, everyone was so nice, I think it is EY culture. The following day, I received the phone call from the recruiter to extend my offer.

Interview Question – Question about Motivation   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Staff Interview

Risk Advisory Staff
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Applied through on campus career resource center. After the EY HR team reviewed my resume, I received an on-campus face to face interview call. The interview went very well. Walked through my resume, experiences, and out of class contributions. The mgr said I will get a call back soon

Interview Question – Nothing difficult as far as i know   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Consultant III Interview

Senior Consultant III
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview Details – Candidates must be from target schools or first tier schools with recommendations. 2 rounds of interviews for MBAs. First round is comprised of 2 on-campus interviews. Final round is comprised of 5 on-site interviews. Majority were case interviews prefaced with behavioral questions.

Interview Question – They expect realistic facts and numbers to be used in case interview answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Although they were receptive to negotiating, the terms were ultimately inflexible.

Advisory Program Interview

Advisory Program
New York, NY

Interview Details – I applied through my schools career website. They got back to me in a couple of weeks saying I had an interview and a pre-night dinner. The dinner was really fun and I got to meet my interviewer. The interview was 30 minutes long and strictly behavioral. He went through my resume from top to bottom and asked me questions. They said I would hear in 7-10 days. There is also a writing sample that needs to be competed, which was not difficult.
About 7 days later I got the email saying I was not selected for the second round interview.

Interview Question – Why EY? What do you know about the position you applied for? Tell me about a difficult time in your internship.   Answer Question

FSO Assurance Intern Interview

FSO Assurance Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round is resume screening, 2nd round is on campus 1:1 interview, and final round is onsite interview in NYC. Final round roughly took 4 hours, including a welcome presentation, lunch and 2 1:1 interviews. Interview was super laid-back, interviewers are kind and patient, in general the experience was just super nice. All I had were behavioral questions, nothing technical involved.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. Questions are like what is your strength/weakness.   View Answer

Forensic Technology and Discovery Services/Internship Interview

Forensic Technology and Discovery Services/Internship
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details – I went to an information session for EY consulting on my campus, which is how I got interested in the company. I looked on our career services page and found a number of their listings. I chose to apply to the position that seemed to fit best with my specific engineering major (information and systems.)

I got the first round interview, which ended up being over the phone because the guy could not make it to campus that day. He asked questions about my resume and transcript and why EY and why his division. I got through to the second round NYC office visit. At the visit, there was a short presentation followed by a lunch where we sat down and met our greeters (people that walk you around to each interview and make you feel comfortable.) There were just two behavioral interviews with some very standard behavioral questions. These were in fact my first behavioral interviews ever and I did not feel properly prepared.

Overall, they make you feel very comfortable and it was a good experience. The FTDS department is only about 5 years old and growing quickly. The people are interested in what they do, and I got the idea that everyone takes the recruiting process very seriously despite how busy they are.

Interview Question – There was nothing too technical and they did not present any case questions. I was thrown off by the question, "what is your greatest technical strength and greatest technical weakness?"   View Answer

Tax Consultant Interview

Tax Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview, did not ask technical questions.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness and what is your least favorite class in accounting.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The recruiter did not seem professional