EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

244 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Interview went well, the firm has been very engaged and communicative through out the process.

Interview Questions
    There is supposedly offer on the table, appears to be a tussle with regards to disclosure of information. Why does EY need a candidate's W-2 information to make a competitive offer ? Is it because they are unable to value talent ( concerning as this is an advisory firm charging for valuations) or because they like to make low ball offers to candidates?
    I am curious if others have been required to provide the same ?

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in November 2011.

Applied through school career service and got an on-campus interview weeks after. Invited to an E&Y Superday few days after the first interview, and the visit was scheduled at the 5 Time Square address. The Superday started with a overview of E&Y and the interviews were way easier than I thought, two 30-min sections with a partner and a senior manager. Both asked me to tell a story about myself. No behavioral question, no brain teaser, no group case, no writing sample. Nice lunch with an assurance staff and filled in an info sheet to close that day. Got a call from the recruiter two weeks later (horrible two weeks for me) and took me another two weeks to receive my offer letter in mail.

Tried but cannot

Senior Consultant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Candidates must be from target schools or first tier schools with recommendations. 2 rounds of interviews for MBAs. First round is comprised of 2 on-campus interviews. Final round is comprised of 5 on-site interviews. Majority were case interviews prefaced with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • They expect realistic facts and numbers to be used in case interview answers.   Answer Question
    Although they were receptive to negotiating, the terms were ultimately inflexible.

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in August 2012.

Got the interview through an internal referral. First I got a phone interview with HR in which I was just told about EY and what I was looking for in terms of career. Very simple stuff and eventually an in-person interview was set up.
    The interview was in their NYC building and consisted of 4 interviews (Sr. manager, HR, Exec. Director, Sr. manager). The interview was all about fit and they just asked me to run me through my resume. The only question outside of my resume was about team work and a time I had trouble with working in a group and how I solved it.
    Two days later HR called me saying the interview went well and asked me to fill out background check information. 3 days later I got the offer from a call by HR.
    Overall, they were very nice and cordial in that they responded fast compared to many of the other companies I have interviewed for so far.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a team you had a problem working with others and how you dealt with it. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They have a standard base that they start everyone on

2013 Summer Intern In Business Advisory Peogram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

30 minutes face to face with an interviewer. Friendly talk. Some behavior questions and why you interested in the position.

ITRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in June 2012.

I had an interview through the ELP. It circumvented the first round and went straight to the super day. It was a behavioral interview (mine was with a partner) that was standard and then a case interview with a typed sheet to read the case.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2009.

The interview process at EY out of college is fairly simple. If you are there you are likely to get an offer in assurance. They are very meticulous about who they invite in for an interview so when they do pick you, you probably have an offer. The interviews are non technical and very informal.

None

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Secaucus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Phone interview, in-person interview, got the offer, all within 2 weeks

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at EY in December 2008.

I was working overseas in another EY office. When one of my friends moved to the New York office I requested him to refer me to New York Office. The interview process was painstakingly long. I was interviewed over the course of some 45-50 days. In between the interviews and even after them, the communication was really bad. I was told after more than 2 months that they want to go ahead and hire me, but the lack of communication was not appreciated at my end.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and background? Why do you want to move to New York office   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you are currently doing? What type of clients are you working on?   Answer Question

Summer Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

I attended a couple of campus events and applied through my school's career website. The first round interview was 30 mins. It was more like a conversation and my interviewer went thought my resume. My interviewer was so nice. I got the office visit notice on the following day. The office visit was about 4 hours, one presentation, one panel discussion and two 30 mins interview then lunch. The first interview was a tax partner and the second one was a tax manager. I was nervous when I know the first one is a partner because My friend got two managers. The partner was very friendly. He asked me about 4 behavioral questions. The questions were very specific, My second interviewer was very nice as well. He basically went through my resume with me. Overall, the whole experience was very good. I like it, everyone was so nice, I think it is EY culture. The following day, I received the phone call from the recruiter to extend my offer.