EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.8

Audit Staff FSO Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone from North Carolina she was very nice and then I got a phone call the next day and was invited for an office interview. When I first arrived we all met in a meeting room and met with one of the partners and he shared some of his experiences in public accounting and his international experience. After we all split up and had 2 half hour interviews. I met with 1 manager and 1 partner. One of the people I interviewed was kind of difficult to understand and it didn't go as well as I hoped. After they took us out for lunch and the day was over.

Interview Questions

• Asked to go over my resume and really asked a lot of questions. Make sure you can really talk about job experience.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Got referred by a EY employee. The recruiter emailed me very soon, and scheduled a phone interview in 3 days. The phone interview was basically questions about my experience and some behavioral based questions After the interview, I didn't hear back from the recruiter. One week later I sent a follow up email, and got rejected.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose your college, describe a time you had problem working with a team   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total. 1st is on campus. 2nd is office visit. You will meet great people. Profession and personality are both important. Follow your heart and you will make it.

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Iselin, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

One of my relative who works for EY submitted my resume for the position(full time staff) . I got an email for office interview. There was 2 1:1 interviews and 1 case study.

Interview Questions

• They were basic behavioral questions and a case study. In case study, they look how you walk along the problem rather than getting any exact solution.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, invited to final round in NYC headquarters for two back-to-back, one-on-one interviews. Interviewers were very friendly and not too intense of a process. Heard back a week later through email.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus Recruiting - Great interview. Asked many behavioral questions. Gave me scenarios and asked what I would do. There is a written component which is really east and you receive in an email a few days later. SuperDay - This is your secon round of interviews. You go to the office where you would be interning. There are 3 interviews. 1: Basic interview. Ask same behavioral questions. Walk through your resume/experience. 2: Case study. Not that difficult. I would recommend practicing. Know how to work through a problem and think out side of the box. They want to see that you are capable of critical thinking. They do not necessarily care if you are right, rather they want to see how you attack a problem. Just stay calm and composed. 3: Last interview is geared toward how you would fit in EY. Scenario questions are asked as well as job specific questions. Overall great experience. The entire staff at EY was very open to questions and the interviews made me fall more in love with EY.

Interview Questions

• The case study is by far the hardest part of the interview process. Google EY Case Studies and look at practice ones. Also listen to the podcasts that they send via email.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do a phone offer, then an offial email.

Financial Services Office - Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Had first interview on campus and was invited to their new york office for second round interview. First round was very easy, a 30 minute behavioral interview. Second round was more difficult. There were 3 30 minute interviews. Two were behavioral and one was a case study. Overall process was good.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you worked in group project time you had to solve an inefficiency   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus recruiting. Applied through school website, then was invited to first round on-campus interview. Heard back within 2 days about an invitation of office visit. Within 3 business days they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• The 1st round interviewer was a manager, who asked all behavioral questions. Such as "You've done many community services, was there a situation when you took the lead while you were not required to?" or "tell me a situation when things were not going to the right direction, and someone in your team was not corroborative, how did you deal with it?" Very hard to involve that person into some interesting conversation besides answering BQs. In the office visit there were 2 rounds of interviews, very conversational, with one manager and one senior manager, they asked me about the 1120s I have prepared in my previous internships, and we talked about teamwork, global mindset (EY's global talent help), tax incentives, the differences between working at corporate and CPA firms, how is working environment in corporate, CPA exams, etc. Questions: "was there a time when you were less motivated?" "how did you deal with challenges/conflicts"   1 Answer

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Mid september the director of my program sent out an email alerting us to a few job offers EY had for MIS students. I finished my application around Sept. 20th. Later that week I got an email back saying I had an on campus interview the following week. I found the on campus interview to be rather unorganized. First they put you in a room with some Staff from the local office then take you in to do a behavioral (resume walk through) interview with a manager through the local office. "Tell me about a time you were a leader" "What is your experience with tech, Excel, Access etc". I thought I did pretty bad as me and the interviewer didn't really hit it off she was pretty bland but the questions we're easy exactly what I expected. Three weeks later I heard back that I had an Office Visit interview for mid november in NYC (my first choice office as indicated in first interview). They fly you in if you're far enough, put you up in a hotel the whole nine yards. Definitely take the hotel even if you're not too far so you can feel relaxed going in the day of and not worrying about traffic. 9:30 you meet in the office, Recruiters give you and other dozen or so candidates a brag slide show about how great EY, standard rankings and stuff. Then they match you up with a 'Greeter' who escorts you to your interviews for that day. Whole day felt super rushed, interviews back to back to back. My first was with a Manager, then Senior Manager and finally a case with a Partner. First two interviews we're pretty behavioral, only asked one or two questions actually and my answers turned into a conversation. Partner interview with a case was pretty intimidating but they are looking for your thought process not an answer. Case was NOT like a consulting case for MBB, I studied some frameworks but did not use them, it is a written case. Got the call with an offer the Monday following my Friday interview.

Interview Questions

• 20 minutes to read the case and analyze it. Case was about 6 pages long, a lot to look over in a short period of time.   1 Answer

TAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied via school's recruiting website and had a first round interview on campus. This interview was entirely behavioral, asked about past experiences, "tell me about a time when ______", and other classic behavioral questions. I then received a writing assessment where I was given 45 minutes to write a response to a prompt. About a week later I received a final round interview which was a "Megaday" (2 behavioral interviews and 1 case interview, a lunch, and an office tour).

Interview Questions

• Writing sample was totally unexpected (no one told me I would have one). The case was about benefits and risks with launching a mobile banking app- not difficult and it was interviewer-led   Answer Question